The Westwood

Garwood, NJ View map Visit website
Up to 280 guests

Up to 280 guests

The Westwood is a family owned and operated wedding and event venue in the charming town of Garwood, New Jersey. For over 50 years, The Westwood has been using their passion, creativity & tradition to help bring their couples' wedding dreams to life. This traditional style venue can accommodate all types of celebrations from a luxe wedding to an intimate affair with family and friends. Choosing The Westwood offers you peace of mind and plenty of options for creating an event tailored to your visions. We are a full service venue, offerings in-house catering, event planning services and guidance every step of the way from our experienced wedding staff. If you want a once in a lifetime wedding that exudes both romance and the highest standard of service, host your one of a kind wedding at The Westwood.

Facilities and Capacity
The Westwood is a spacious banquet hall with 2 ballrooms serving up to 300 guests in the main floor ballroom & 200 guests in the upper level ballroom. It鈥檚 characterized by its traditional decor, picturesque staircase, ceiling-high arched windows, fireside lounges & hand-crafted wood detials throughout. The grand entrance greets you with custom French style mahogey doors, hand-polished granite floors and a hand painted mural anchoring the opulent, grandiose chandelier in the main lobby. The grounds are adorned with lavish greenery, a gazebo perfect for guests to gather outdoors and a garden with an outdoor fireplace, beautiful ivy scaling the stucco building and a patio area with a pergola ideal for your wedding photos. The indoor space has a quaint seating area in the main floor lobby; each room has it's own, unique feel & decor enabling our couples to choose which room suits their tastes & needs.

While The Westwood is perfectly appointed for weddings with top notch service for couples wanting a stress-free dream wedding, we also have several dining rooms in addition to the ballrooms that are ideal for bridal showers, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners & any other events you may be planning. Every package offered is a full-service, in-house catered event including tables, chairs, linens, servers, assistance with planning & decor as well as a wide variety of vendors to be used at your discretion. The Westwood is flanked by 2 large parking lots with ample parking as well as handicapped access.

Cuisine
The Westwood has a five-star culinary staff to help you plan each course. We offer a variety of cuisines, custom-curated for your event. You can choose to have your meal plated and served by our wait staff, or serve your guests buffet-style. We also have a variety of bar options including craft beers and your signature cocktail. Tiered wedding cakes, provied by Bovella.s, are included in all of our wedding packages with your choice of flavors, designs and colors.Dessert samplers, gourmet ice cream bars and full venetian hours are available as well.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$9,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$7,000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$300

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$300

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)
Wedding Cake

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$18

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Champagne Toast
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Open Bar

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Get Ready Rooms
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Aisle Runners
Altar/Arch
Centerpieces
Chairs
Chair Covers
Dance Floor
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

4.8 out of 5 rating

• Rosa
    Rosa Married on 11/06/2021

So accommodating!

I knew about this venue because I went here for a prior wedding and another event. I checked it out for mine because they do in house ceremonies, it was near our house and friends and family, and overall always had a great time here. It came highly recommended. The staff from the start were friendly got also gave advise to the nervous bride (me). They were also accommodating to the requests I had made for my wedding and I really appreciated that. Our maitre de Betty was amazing. She was so sweet and attentive even at rehearsal! The friends that got married there before were invited to this wedding and she remembered them. Betty remembered them and they remembered her. I think that is a great sentiment that they had a great night at theirs as I had a great night at mine and Betty and staff really made that happen!
  • LAVERNE
    Laverne G. Married on 09/24/2021

60th Bday celebration

I just celebrated my 60th birthday on September 24th 2021 and it was EVERYTHING that I hoped it would be. Joe my maitre d was attentive the entire night and extremely professional from the moment that I walked in the door. I have to mention Genesis the office assistant who was always prompt and on point, she made sure that all of my calls and emails were returned in a timely manner. All of my guests are still raving about how delicious the food and desserts were. I wish I could do it all over again. I would highly recommend The Westwood for any celebration.
    Rose Married on 07/03/2019

10 years later ...

The Westwood is a special place for me and my family. My Dad & his coworkers would have their annual Christmas party there and my parents celebrated their Silver Anniversary here a decade ago. After their party, I remember looking in the room (Cynthia Rose) & said, "This is where I want to get married." Fast forward to 10 years later, wow - getting married here last year felt really special. I dealt with Cathy when planning my parents' party a decade ago & I was ecstatic when I saw that she still worked there. She made me tear up when she showed me the Thank You card I sent 10 years ago that she saved! Cathy answered all of my questions patiently & was amazing throughout the process. Joe was our ma卯tre d' - he was attentive to us & I was thankful he even offered to go to the car to try to find my missing bouquet! He also had the bridal party pumped before walking in the reception room. Our loved ones raved about how amazing the food was & some even want to go back for more braised short ribs! lol. Cathy & The Westwood staff worked really hard on our wedding day - I found out the day after that the town lost its power on our wedding day after a building collapsed. I didnt know that they rented a generator to make our party happen - I couldnt tell when we arrived that something had gone wrong lol. We're also thankful that the owner was able to reimburse us for the mistake we made with the head count - they were amazing and it helped us so much! I knew we'd be stress-free picking them due to the past experiences we've had. It truly was the best dayyyy everrr ... and I have Cathy & The Westwood to thank for making my wish from 10 years ago come true. I know for sure that our next big event will be held here. We love you guys! -Rose and Oz
  • illustration stars

The Westwood 1
Exclusive

Pricing

Summit Hills Florist Summit Hills Florist Wedding Florists

The Westwood is a truly a gem which specializes in weddings and events. Their staff is great to work with, they will take care of your every need.

Mondo Entertainment Mondo Entertainment Wedding DJs

Love this venue. Great staff and easy to work with. Always a pleasure!

Gregg Kits, DD, Wedding Officiant Gregg Kits, DD, Wedding Officiant Wedding Officiants

Outstanding food, drinks and service... And what views! What a wonderful place to have a wedding!

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
438 North Avenue Garwood, 07027

Mon: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Tue-Fri: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm Sat-Sun: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location of (The Westwood)

Other vendors in Central Jersey for your wedding