Westfield, NJ 07090 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Bovella's Pastry Shoppe

Bovella's Pastry Shoppe, a staple of the Westfield NJ community, has maintained a standard of excellence in culinary artistry for over 60 years. Bovella's, long considered one of the premiere bakeries in the Tri-State area, has flourished behind an outstanding crew of chefs, bakers, and personnel.

Ralph Bencivenga, owner and operator, was a Westfield High School student when he began his tenure at the bakery for founder Michael Bove. Recognizing Ralph's passion and interest, in respect to the baking and management aspects of the business, Mr. Bove felt that he'd found someone special… someone he could mentor. Michael eventually sent Ralph to a highly regarded baking academy, and upon his return, he worked tirelessly to elevate Bovella's already stellar reputation. For 20 years Mike and Ralph worked in tandem, as the business grew into what Bovella's is considered today… synonymous with perfection.

Upon Mike's passing in 2008, Ralph was determined to allow the business to grow, while never forgetting the core principles his mentor had taught him. Bovella's mission, under Ralph's ownership, was to introduce a European-style café to its existing selection of cookies, pastries, and cakes (both custom, and wedding). Bovella's is no longer simply a bakery. It is now a destination… a place to sit and enjoy a coffee, espresso, or gelato after an evening at one of Westfield's 100+ eateries. All of this from the mind of a young Westfield teen who began his time at Bovella's washing dishes over 25 years ago. Somewhere above, Michael Bove is smiling proudly.

Follow Bovella's Pastry Shoppe on

130 Reviews for Bovella's Pastry Shoppe

Bovella's Pastry Shoppe 1
Bovella's Pastry Shoppe 2

Danielle · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful and Delicious!

We used Bovella's for our wedding cake in June 2019. The cake was included as part of our package with Clarks Landing, but we could not have been happier with how the cake turned out! I've had a lot of mediocre wedding cake, but once we went to the tasting, I knew that that would not be the case for our cake. We chose a vanilla cake with layers of cream cheese and chocolate fudge filling and it was so incredible! This definitely did not taste like dry "wedding cake." We received many compliments on how good the cake tasted! I showed Bobby a picture of what I had in mind, and he fully captured my vision and the cake was beautiful.

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Bovella's Pastry Shoppe 3
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding 11.2.18

Thank you so much for the beautiful wedding cake!! It came out beautiful. Not only that, but it was delicious!! I highly recommend your bakery to everyone :)

Sent on 11/10/2018
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/23/2018

The team ar Bovella's in Moutainside are great! This is the only bakery my venue The Channel Club in Monmouth Beach uses, and I understand why. Fred has been using the same bakery for over 35 years now, and they proved themselves again at my wedding on 9/23/18. The guests said my cake tastes amazing, I couldn't eat it bc it wasn't gluten free, but they made me my own small GF cake so my husband could feed me a bite at our wedding. It was delicious it even had the same filling as our big cake! And they made 2 so I could eat another one for breakfast the next morning before our honeymoon! My cake was beautiful and they executed it well! When they delivered they cake to my venue. Fred came to get my to show me how he would fix the flowers and decorate it as I wanted.

Sent on 09/28/2018