Pamela's Bridals by Appointment Reviews

12 | Newport News, VA

12 Reviews for Pamela's Bridals by Appointment

Darlene · Married on 06/25/2016

Pamela went above and beyond with helping me find a dress that fit my budget. She found out what I was looking for and ordered more. I absolutely loved my dress and it fit my budget. She is a fantastic person to work with. She also created my bridal flowers. They came out perfect.

Sandra · Married on 12/21/2013

On my quest for the perfect gown, I stumbled upon this website for Pamela's Bridal Salon. After seeing the many five star reviews, I decided to give her a try. I was apprehensive about going to a small salon in her home, but I'm glad I didn't pass her up! Pam ended up being my fairy godmother of wedding gowns!!! As soon as I met her, I felt like I'd known her for years. Every appointment is a one-on-one experience and her total attention and focus is on you. This is a very different experience from the big bridal stores where the sales person is running from customer to customer. Pamela was so patient with me, as I tried on almost every gown in her posession. I did find the perfect gown on my first appointment and at an AMAZING price!!!! I ordered the gown in May for my Dec. wedding and by July it had arrived. It was impeccable quality and I couldn't believe I had gotten this gown for the price I paid. Pamela also created a one-of-a-kind sash and hair accessory for me, as well as a bird cage veil. I had spoken to many bridal salons about the vision I had for my hair and I absolutely wanted feathers in my hair piece. I had received blank stares at other salons, but Pamela knew instantly what I wanted and created an absolute gorgeous hair comb for me. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on this hair comb on my wedding day. Pamela also referred me to a seamstress that altered my gown to perfection in a week!!! Try getting that at another salon!!!!! The seamstress ended up working on my bridesmaid dresses and my mom's gown within a two week window. Pamela is extremely professional, while making you feel like a family member at the same time. I thank her from the bottom of my heart for making me feel special. She made, what can be a stressful experience, into a fond memory I will cherish forever. I will never forget THE MOMENT when I tried on the gown and Pam and my mom gave me the same look of approval and joy. Thanks, Pam!

Pamela is a gift! My mother, sister and I visited her store first when looking for a wedding dress for me. Her variety was amazing for the space she has and I found the perfect dress for me at an amazing price (almost 75% off!). She was always available to answer any questions and so excited for us and my big day. She is truly amazing.

Heather · Married on 10/13/2012

Pam provided me with such a beautiful dress for my wedding day. We also got the flowergirl dresses from Pam and they were beautiful and well made! I had initially started my dress search at David's Bridal and after an appointment that lasted way too long due to an inattentive attendant and only trying on 3 dresses, I was ready to give up. But then I went to my appointment with Pam, and it was a totally different experience. It was completely one on one with her. There were no other sales women or customers interrupting because it's a small boutique in her home. As we're looking at dresses she gets to know you and can easily pick out a dress that reflects your personality. The first dress I tried on was the dress I ended up going home with. It fit like it was made for me and I felt so beautiful in it! Of course I tried on a few dresses after that, but kept going back to that first one. When I tried it on again with the veil, both my mother and Pam knew it was the one! Pam is such a great person to work with and she really is devoted to helping brides find that perfect dress. She made the dress process so easy and smooth!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Pamela's Bridals by Appointment's reply:

Heather, it was such a pleasure working with you. The gown was made for you and you were gorgeous in it ! Please send pictures and good luck in your future married life.

Heather · Married on 09/27/2012

I cannot speak highly enough of Pamela! She has beautiful dresses that are unique and very affordable. I highly recommend you visit her shop, you will not regret it!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Pamela's Bridals by Appointment's reply:

Thank you so much. It was fun working with you and your family. I know you looked gorgeous in the gown. Please send me a picture for my wall of beautiful brides.

Rebecca · Married on 09/22/2012

Pam was wonderful! I didn't give her much of a time window to find a dress, I was looking for a dress only 2 months before my wedding!!! But Pam found the dress of my dreams, pulled strings to get it in my siZe and had me in a fitting within 2 weeks. She was like the fairy godmother of dresses. At my wedding everyone asked about my dress and I said "you have to go see Pamela she's amazing". I was a plus size bride and she made me feel comfortable, beautiful and put me in a beautiful gown.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Pamela's Bridals by Appointment's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca. Hope you and your gorgeous hubby have a wonderful life together.

Pam helped me go through 3 different wedding dresses over the course of 5 months. She was so very understanding and helped me so much. Also, her prices can not be beat for the quality dresses she has.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Pamela's Bridals by Appointment's reply:

Thank you so much Lori, hope you had a wonderful wedding. I know how gorgeous you looked.

rebecca · Married on 08/11/2012

Pamela was an absolute delite to work with. She worked hard to get everything I wanted even when I changed my mind a few times in the last minute. Thanks Pam for all of your hard work, My wedding was a success because of you!

• denell

denell · Married on 06/23/2012

After I visited several shops in the Virginia Beach area & some on numerous occasions, I decided to go across the 'water' to the Peninsula. Luckily I found Pamela's Boutique. I called to make an appointment and at first I was skeptical because her boutique is in her home. I was envisioning all sorts of horrible thoughts as I drove over the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel thinking that I was making a mistake.

When I arrived at her home, I instantly felt a great vibe when I met Pam. She took me into a back room that she had set up as a bridal salon. Dresses, Shoes, Jewelry & Veils. Everything you would expect from a bridal salon but in a more intimate setting.

I found a dress that I absolutely loved. It took me 9 months to find the "one" & it was definitely worth the wait.

If you're looking for one on one service and just don't want to be a cookie cutter bride, I would strongly recommend Pamela's Boutique.

Juliet · Married on 04/28/2012

I couldn't have asked for anyone better than Pam. The first visit I immediately found my dress after 2 different dress try ons. Pam made sure to order my size in a perfect time manner. Also got all my bridesmaid and maid of honor dresses at pams. She kept me in the loop with all my orders, made sure I was completely satisfied with all the dresses. I highly recommend her for anyone looking for any wedding dresses, prom dresses or even formal wear! Great service, thank you so much!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Pamela's Bridals by Appointment's reply:

Juliet, thank you so much for the wonderful review. It makes a difference. It was fun working with you. Hope you have a wonderful life with your new hubby.

Christine · Married on 01/14/2012

I went to Pamela's bridal boutique when I was 6 months pregant. I was very down and out about wedding dress shopping because let's face it, it isn't easy finding your dream dress knowing that you'll be walking down the isle at over 7 months pregnant. I found Pam's shop online, called to make an appointment, and went by myself after work one day. I didn't want to drag my mom to another long and unsuccessful appointment with vendors that try to throw a dress on you and convince you to buy right there on the spot. When I got to the shop I was weary by the size. I knew for sure I wouldn't find a dress in there that would fit me with such a small selection. I was right. I didn't find a dress...I found about 8 that I loved! The more we dug through the gowns, the more I realized how many dresses were actually in there...not to mention the bargain prices! It was such a relief to be able to look through the gowns, pull the ones I liked, and get honest feedback from Pam about what looked good and what didn't. I didn't feel rushed or pressured. She felt like a loving mother or long time friend trying to help. As soon as I tried on THE dress, I knew. I asked if I could sleep on it and bring my mom and sister back the following day to show them my 3 favorites and get their input. We all agreed on the one I loved and for the first time since I had gotten engaged, I felt like I could still be the beautiful bride I have always imagined, even while being pregnant. Pam has a love for weddings that is so real and joyful to be around. She helped me out and made my dress shopping experience a good one when all of the other shops or boutiques did the opposite. I could never thank her enough! Her alterations lady is great and worked around my schedule as well. Would I recommend this boutique to others? ABSOLUTELY!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Pamela's Bridals by Appointment's reply:

Thank you so much Christine, it was so much fun working with you.The wedding pics were beautiful. You and your mom sure pulled it together. As soon as I met you, I knew you would be a gorgeous bride. It wasn't easy deciding on a dress for you, everything looked fabulous! Your mom was a hoot. How is the baby and motherhood? Lots of luck with your new family.

shatoria · Married on 07/28/2012

3.5

This business has reasonable prices and nice dresses. She made sure that she had all the attention on the bride to make her wish come true.

Sent on 10/11/2012

Pamela's Bridals by Appointment's reply:

Shatoria, I'm sorry and hurt that you felt my service deserved a lower star rating.You came in with a wedding date 16 days away.You had a small budget.You chose a dress that was too big and were reluctant to pay for alterations.I offered you any dress that would fit. You declined.Two days before the wedding you wanted a bridesmaid dress and two flowergirls. We did get it all together.Even when you called the night before the wedding saying the flowergirls mother had already bought dresses and I told you to bring them back after the wedding.This would never happen at ANY other bridal shop.I thought I had given you a VERY good quality of service. Was responsive to your EVERY need. You got a $1200 dress for $300 and I thought I handled the entire situation professiionally.Again, sorry you were dissatisfied.