Palm Door on Sabine Reviews

Palm Door on Sabine 4
  • Jessica

Jessica Carr · Getting married on 01/09/2020

Beautiful Downtown Venue

The Palm Door on Sabine was perfect for our wedding of about 75 people and the staff was amazing! When I tell people that I found an affordable venue in downtown Austin, they’re skeptical. But then I show them the photos and they see it’s real, and it’s beautiful. The space is pretty and rustic on its own, but it also has a lot of opportunities to change up the décor. We also used Pink Avocado Catering, the delicious onsite catering option, and the two teams helped to ensure that the day ran smoothly! They handled the venue set up and swap after the ceremony, the linen rentals, catering and bartending, and even our greenery! You will run into some issues typical of a downtown venue (i.e. parking and construction), but there are multiple hotels within walking distance that make these a nonissue. At the end of the night, most of our guests walked back to their room at their hotel or walked the couple of blocks to Sixth Street to continue the party.

Palm Door on Sabine 5
    Palm Door on Sabine 6
    Palm Door on Sabine 7
    Palm Door on Sabine 8
    Sent on 10/08/2019

Lindsay · Married on 02/24/2017

Palm Door on Sabine was amazing to work with! I think what I enjoyed best is the laid back nature of everyone involved. They're not trying to nickel and dime. The venue rental alone was very reasonably priced. We loved Shannon and she took great care of us. We also used Pink Avocado for catering which made the process that much simpler since everyone works as a team. If you're looking for a quaint, romantic, affordable, central spot that you can make your own, Palm Door on Sabine is a great choice.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Palm Door on Sabine's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Lindsay! We loved working with you and watching your family grow over the year!

All the best,
    Shannon

shaini · Married on 11/05/2016

Great experience. Beautiful and quaint space tucked in a quiet corner of downtown, perfect for 100-120 guests. Nice deck looking out over Waller Creek. Convenient public parking. Beautiful lighting. Only wish is for a larger bridal dressing area, we were pretty tight in there.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Anna · Married on 08/14/2016

I absolutely recommend the Palm Door 100% I don't think there is a better venue in Austin for a beautiful space and accommodating staff. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, first of all. We had to do so little decorating, because there is so much atmosphere the moment you walk in. It is a light, airy feel that looks lovely in real life and in pictures. The staff was very easy to work with, and answered all our questions promptly and thoroughly. Even with last minute changes to our set-up, they were incredibly kind and flexible, and always very professional. Can't recommend highly enough!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Palm Door on Sabine's reply:

Thank you so much, Anna, for the kind words. We loved worked with you, too and we are so honored that you chose Palm Door for your special day. We wish you all the best!

Cheers!
    Shannon and Scott

Jill · Married on 04/02/2016

We loved working with the Palm Door! The space is absolutely beautiful and was perfect for the wedding of our dreams. This was the first place we found after google searching "Austin Wedding Venues" and I'm so happy we choose to have our wedding here. Shannon was an excellent event manager to work with and the team there helped ensure our wedding went great.

Sent on 05/14/2016

Hi Jill,

I am so glad that we could make your wedding day special! You and Sean were such a pleasure to work with and we were happy to make they day go as smoothly as possible.

Thank you for taking time to review us,
    Shannon

Seslie · Married on 02/20/2016

Every time I walk into the Palm Door on Sabine, I get excited about my upcoming wedding. This space is absolutely beautiful and perfect. I found this venue on a whim on through WeddingWire and I am so glad I decided to check out the space. Jessie Davis is amazing and so helpful when it comes to event details and I also appreciated her vendor recommendations (that is how I found my awesome wedding planner, Pam and Blue Note Bakery). I love that Pink Avocado's kitchen and workspace is located in the same venue and provide all bar services. That is very convenient and one less step we have to worry about. I am getting so excited to celebrate our big day at the Palm Door on Sabine!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2015

We had both our ceremony and wedding here and it was absolutely wonderful! We had about 65 people attend and the room felt spacious, but not too big. The patio area was great for cocktail hour, our temporary tattoo bar, and as a spot to relax throughout the night. We really enjoyed working with Jesse in the year or so leading up to the wedding and appreciated how accommodating she was throughout. I only wish we could have seen her the day of our wedding to say thanks in person! I highly recommend this venue, it is reasonable priced and they definitely know what they're doing.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Nina · Married on 04/25/2015

My wedding night was so perfect in every way! Palm Door on Sabine was the perfect venue for us and it could make it our own, coming as a relatively black slate. At night, the venue is so romantic with a touch of candlelit. Plus, working with Jessie was easy and relaxed. If you are looking for a shabby chic spot for a wedding reception in the downtown area- I highly recommend checking Palm Door on Sabine out!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Kendrick · Married on 06/21/2014

Mariah at Palm Door was fantastic to work with! She answered tons of questions for me and was always willing to do a walk thru if I needed to. The venue is great and we loved that we were able to do our own personal touches. They made it so easy to come back on Sunday and pick up our decorations too.

The space is great for a small wedding reception (we had 100 for a seated dinner), but definitely would not have worked if we had more than that. With 100 people and a 7 piece band we did have to move 1 table after dinner to make more room for dancing.

This is a really great venue though if you want to have a space to make your own. You can decorate as much or as little as you like to really make it into your ideal space. The outdoor deck space is really great too. Definitely would recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Celina · Married on 03/22/2014

I was beyond pleased with the amazing customer service provided from the staff at Palm Door. They were helpful and accommodating to our needs and budget. I appreciated their responsiveness and problem solving. I was also grateful to their calm support and friendliness when I was dealing with guest list issues.

Sent on 03/31/2014

Laura · Married on 02/22/2014

Mariah was easy to work with. She always responded to emails and phone calls in a timely manner. All of the employees we worked with were super friendly and helpful.

Sent on 03/31/2014
  • Q

Quentin · Married on 02/01/2014

My experience with The Palm Door was wonderful. The staff was professional, efficient, flexible. The venue was exactly what we were looking for.

Sent on 04/12/2014

Jennifer · Married on 01/18/2014

Absolutely LOVE the Palm Door. The coordinators are amazing and went above and beyond for my special day. We had a mishap with the flowers and before I even knew anything was wrong they had already corrected the situation and notified me when the back up plan was already in place. The event space is beautiful and is really a blank canvas for whatever you envision for your special day. Seriously, contact them, they are great!

Sent on 01/29/2014

Cristen · Married on 12/14/2013

Palm Door rocks! They are fun, flexible and so helpful. I have done several events with them and it was a no brainer to choose them for my wedding reception venue. I can not tell how above and beyond Mariah and her team went to ensure my day was amazing. They are hands down my favorite Austin venue. The location, the team, the staff -- it was AWESOME to work with them. And I would do it again and again. And will recommend them to anyone who will listen!!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Absolutely wonderful venue and staff! They made all of the planning and day of the event as seamless as possible and were a great group to work with. The venue was gorgeous, and I couldn't have been happier with the service. I would highly recommend The Palm Door to anyone!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Alisha · Married on 10/26/2013

From the start to finish, Mariah and the Palm Door were absolutely great to work with! They were quick to offer answers to any questions that I had, and I could tell from the beginning that they were there to help me. The provided great options as far as setting up for the ceremony and for the reception and were flexible with requests that I had. I would definitely recommend having a wedding or other event at the Palm Door.

Sent on 11/11/2013

BEST ONE-OF-A-KIND VENUE

My (new) husband and I held our October 19, 2013 wedding reception at the Palm Door and it truly was a dream come true. Mariah and the Palm Door staff were more than accommodating and helped make our vision a reality. SO many of our guests were in awe at the Austin gem that is the Palm Door. We had guests come up to us asking how we found out about the venue, how more weddings should be personalized like ours (and not stuffy), among many other comments.

The Palm Door truly does have a liberal decorating policy so we were able to make the place our own. For a couple that used DIY to the fullest, this was perfect. We had a handmade sign out front, paper lanterns hanging, customized canvas art on the walls, deck furniture, a candy buffet, photo booth, tealights, among many other details. We absolutely loved this freedom to express our creativity.

We also want to praise Mariah. We could always count on her to provide speedy responses to my frequent questions. This was invaluable since we were planning our wedding from 1500 miles away. Mariah made the entire process seamless, and we appreciated it so much.

The only minor hiccup was regarding the layout. Early on we had planned for some space in the front of the room for the designated dances--first dance, father/daughter, etc. Instead, the tables were spread out which did not allow for much room. Despite this, the Palm Door staff was gracious enough to help move one of the tables back and when it came down to breaking down the front row of tables, the process was efficient.

Overall, we could not be happier with choosing the Palm Door. It allowed us to express our creativity and have the intimate, personalized reception we wanted. We recommend the Palm Door for ANY event!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Debi · Married on 10/18/2013

Our son and his fiancee picked out the Palm Door for their wedding rehearsal dinner and after party. They chose it so that we could have the place all to ourselves versus having at a restaurant. We had about 85 people with several more friends and family showing up later for drinks and mingling with the "soon to be wed" couple to celebrate the night before the wedding. It was a great weekend & the rehearsal dinner at Palm Door with caterer, Pink Avocado, was a fabulous start. The venue was unique & all the guests loved it. It has a beautiful long bar and also an outdoor deck. The food was outstanding and the chefs, serving and bar staff of Pink Avocado hit it out of the park. We all had a great time and the wedding couple and all the family & friends said it was by far the best one they had ever been to. Thanks to Mariah of Palm Door for all of her help with preparing & coordinating and to Britt, Amanda and all of the bartenders, chefs and servers at Pink Avocado for excellent presentation of the food and appetizers plus the gourmet food and the wonderful bar service. Also thanks for the willingness to let the schedule slide a bit with a cheerful attitude. Everyone had an amazing time. You can't go wrong with this combo and you get the home court advantage when you choose Pink Avocado to cater + a discount! We highly recommend it for a unique party setting - whatever special occasion you want to celebrate!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Simone · Married on 08/24/2013

Perfect venue for a party or smaller wedding. Go check it out in person and you will fall in love instantly... the long bar and wood floors makes this venue perfect for any type of event. Also check out Pink Avocado for pairing amazing food and service. Just had my wedding there and am already thinking about what excuse I can find to throw another party :)

Sent on 08/31/2013

Rose · Married on 06/08/2013

LOVED having my wedding here. We did ceremony and party there and also used Pink Avocado. My hectic schedule (and short planning period) called for one stop shopping and this fit the bill perfectly! Mariah was the event coordinator and she was so incredibly helpful. Everything went off without a hitch even the room flip which I had been concerned about.

The atmosphere is also so adorable. Most of my out of town guests were from the North and they really enjoyed the TX feel Palm Door exudes. I hope they are still here for my first milestone anniversary. Would love to celebrate there again!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/04/2013

When we first came across this space we fell in love with its charm and character. It was exactly the feel that we were looking for to make our wedding an intimate gathering of friends and family. My parents wanted to be involved in the wedding planning process and since they live in Massachusetts it posed many problems but Mariah was so great working with their travel schedule and showing them around/answering their questions. She was so helpful and responded quickly to emails during the months leading up to the big day.
    The Palm Door helped make our wedding a memorable day!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Kari · Married on 04/12/2013

The Palm Door was the perfect venue for my wedding! The venue was beautiful, and Mariah was very flexible with our needs. We maxed out the space with 150 people which made everything cozy but not too tight. I was concerned about the ease of flipping the room and the removal of tables for the dance floor and both were a smooth transition.

Sent on 04/24/2013

Robyn · Married on 04/05/2013

Palm Door was the perlfect venue for our 60 person laid-back wedding ceremony and reception. The room's wood floors, beamed ceiling and gorgeous bar was a great canvas for us to make the room our own and they are very flexible letting you do so. Mariah was amazing to work with and always accomodating answering any questions promptly, or letting the mother of the bride scope out the space a few times before the event. All the plannning could not have been easier. Our wedding was beautiful, dare I say perfect!

Sent on 04/19/2013

I had both my wedding ceremony and reception at the Palm Door. The value you get for the price is really amazing! We were able to provide our own alcohol (great $ saver) and use their glassware to provide a classy event! The venue is beautiful inside still basic enough where you can decorate to personalize it how you want. The weather was cool at night so we were able to use the back patio for the cocktail hour while they flipped the room. They have cute white lights strung up around the patio which makes it nice. Mariah with Palm Door was so helpful and even allowed us to have our rehearsal there the night before, free of charge! We didn't have any hiccups with the Palm Door - wonderful place to work with!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Robie · Married on 11/23/2012

Great venue! It was the perfect setting for my brunch reception. I was only planning on having just under 150 guests, and the size of the venue was just the right size. Mariah was very wonderful to work with. She was quick to respond and was very patient with me as I bombarded her with questions. The open space, long bar, and the outside deck give a bride a lot of options as far as what they want to with the space. Loved it!

Sent on 11/27/2012