Pairings Bistro Reviews

31 | Bel Air, MD

31 Reviews for Pairings Bistro

Bradley M. · Getting married on 08/01/2022

Wonderful experience

Eileen and company were wonderful for our daughter's wedding on 5/4/19. We had a couple of tastings before we came to Pairings Bistro. We were so impressed by the quality of the food and with Eileen, we placed our deposit before we even left the restaurant. Eileen and the Chef both just got our daughter's vision immediately. The food was fantastic, the way they created the signature drink was beyond our thoughts...just perfect. Even the attention to detail. I was standing, talking to some friends, with an empty glass. Next thing i knew, there is Eileen, from out of nowhere, replacing my empty with a brand new one. Can't thank them enough for a wonderful experience. Made our daughters wedding an even better celebration. Thanks again, Eileen and Parings Bistro!!!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Paula P. · Getting married on 01/10/2022

Pairings Provided Exceptional Service & Has A Wonderful Staff

Pairings provided exceptional service and the staff was amazing. They were very attentive and accommodating, even with last minute requests. The food was fresh and delicious and not reheated. I would definitely recommend Pairings.

Sent on 11/12/2020

Liz S. · Married on 05/29/2021

20 Steps up from Typical Event Food, So Much Bang for Buck

Pairings is a restaurant first and caterer second, and while that speaks to the INCREDIBLE quality of their food, they were also the most professional caterer we interviewed. Others presented food that was 'fine', but it was typical mass-produced food you'd find at a work function. Pairings produced food that tasted as if you ordered from a table at their restaurant, where they use only the freshest ingredients. The quality we got for the price we paid made me feel like I was stealing something.** I didn't hear a bad word about any of the evening's food - and the vegetarians were thrilled that there was something more unique than what they usually get at an event! Their service was also top-notch. I had been most looking forward to this pork belly BLT slider during cocktail hour but, as brides understand, was otherwise preoccupied during that hour. While at the dinner, I asked if there was any way I could get an extra and 10 minutes later, 4 fresh, beautiful and tasty sliders were dropped off at our sweetheart table. The food at our wedding convinced my sister, who's getting married next June, to reach out to Pairings to set up her own tasting. Don't skip on them!
    **what the cost mentioned in this review includes:
    - 3 pass Hors d’Oeuvres
    - Charcuterie/fruit/hummus spread
    - dual plated entrée (beef and crabcake)
    - vendor meals
    - bartenders
    - non-alcoholic bevs
    - 1 late night bite
    - linen service
    - service fees and taxes

Sent on 06/07/2021
  • Samantha

Samantha A. · Married on 05/01/2021

The best catering out there

The amount of support, dedication and day of help provided was out of this world. This is the best catering experience I could ever recommend. They knocked it out of the park and everyone raved about our upscale bar food! Total hit! Great staff, coordinator and owner!

Sent on 05/03/2021
  • Cyndi

Cyndi B. · Married on 10/15/2020

Best decision in all of my planning

I am so glad that we chose to go with Pairings Bistro! First, and most importantly, the food was phenomenal. I am still getting comments on how delicious our choices of dishes were and how many guests "at too much" because it was "just too hard to pass up". In addition to the quality of food, the service from all of the staff was excellent. From our first meeting with Jon and Adrienne which put to rest all of my bridal fears, to the brainstorming with them on how to pull off the even durinf COVID-19, to the finishing touches administered by Susan and the wait staff, I am just so happy and impressed! Thank you thank you Pairings for making our day a true fairytale!

Sent on 10/23/2020
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/03/2020

Great Experience

Pairings was great to work with! They were super flexible and understanding when we had to change all of our wedding plans due to covid. The food was AMAZING and the service was equally as good. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Mackenzie · Married on 09/21/2019

The Perfect Choice

Both my husband and I are so extremely thankful that our caterer cancelled and we stumbled upon Pairings and Eileen, catering director. Eileen has walked with us every step of the way including coming to our rehearsal to make sure everything would be set up correctly for our day. Eileen has been absolutely incredible to work with and takes the stress right off the bride and grooms shoulders. We absolutely love her and wish our time with her wasnt over. The food at our wedding was EXCELLENT. Everyone who we have spoken too has stated that it was delicious and worth sitting down for! We got the opportunity to do a split plate so that guests could enjoy a lot of food and not have to choose between two options. We cant say enough about Pairings and Eileen. We are so blessed and thankful for everything Eileen did for us, and we wish her and the company nothing but the best in the future. Thank you so much for giving us one hell of an evening!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Becky

Becky Z. · Married on 08/10/2019

So glad we chose Pairings!

Pairings Bistro & Catering did a phenomenal job on our son's rehearsal dinner on August 9! Eileen listened to us at our initial consultation & tasting, offered valuable insight from her years of experience, and even brought along table numbers that night, which I had forgotten about! The shrimp & grits appetizer was a big hit, and the prime rib, roast duck, pasta with lentil meatballs, and dessert cups (cheesecake or chocolate mousse) were all delicious! We heard so many compliments! All of the Pairings staff were professional and friendly, providing us with the relaxed atmosphere we wanted for this "night before the big day" event. We will definitely think of Pairings for our future catering needs.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • carol

Carol · Married on 07/06/2019

Best wedding / best food / best coordination

I completely loved everything about pairing Bistro. Eileen made everything to create the perfect wedding ❤️! The food was amazing
    The coordination since day 1 was the on point.
    Without any doubt ...my best decision :)

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Anna

Anna B. · Married on 06/08/2019

Pairings Bistro and Eileen are absolutely outstanding!

If you have the opportunity to work with them, take it, jump into it. They are worth every penny and more. Cannot recommend this team enough!

After your wedding is over, the only thing people are going to talk about is how good the food and drinks were at your wedding. I am not kidding, for years people bring this up and compare weddings on this one criteria alone. So when I was planning my wedding food was at the top of the list of items that I wanted to get right.

I found Pairings Bistro through our venue (the Liriodendron Mansion) and it was one of a few options we were considering. Eileen gave us a huge meal of a variety of full sized dishes they serve at Pairings which gave us a great idea of what their style was. Since the menu is seasonal they offered us to try it out once we get closer to the wedding and the menu for the wedding is set based on the latest offerings. Throughout the rest of the wedding planning process Eileen and her team were a delight to work with. I should highlight that Eileen is very creative and will make your wedding unique and amazing while staying on budget!

We opted for a middle pricing tier with a charcuterie table during welcome cocktails, two passed o'dourves (Maryland blue crab and duck) and 3 main options served as a buffet featuring steak, shrimp and grits and some veggie options. My mouth is watering thinking about this!

The day of the event, Eileen and her team did an amazing job! Their staff was excellent, they were professional, they treated out guests as if they were their own family. They looked for my husband and I and gave us food, drinks and water to make sure we were comfortable. They got out of their way to accommodate my every wish (many of which saved us money and time). The food was SOOOOOOO good and I am not just saying that. Everybody whom I know who is doing a wedding after us is asking for tips and advice on this.

I highly recommend this team!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/11/2019

Exceptional Service

Pairings Bistro did an exceptional job! Eileen and her team are professional, flexible, and I would recommend them to anyone. Eileen takes charge and gets the job done. She was extremely helpful and kind throughout the whole planning process.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Beth · Married on 04/26/2019

Rehearsal Dinner & Welcome Party

Eileen@Pairings Bistro along with the entire group of servers and bartenders made our event the most wonderful experience! The food was outstanding-every bite!! The planning went well and Eileen did a fabulous job of guiding through all the decisions with great attention to every detail!! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Brian · Married on 08/18/2018

I couldn’t be happier with Pairings as my wedding caterer. The food was absolutely amazing; I think every guest commented on it. The service was professional and honestly perfect. This was such a hugely important part of my wedding, I’m really happy I went with Pairings Bistro.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Payton · Married on 09/16/2017

We cannot say enough about Pairings Bistro and their amazing team! From the initial meeting with Eileen and John to the clean up after our wedding, the entire team went above and beyond. To begin, Eileen is an angel! Our wedding would not have gone as well as it did without her! She could not have been more professional, accommodating, and helpful when it came to helping us plan our wedding. Putting on our wedding without a wedding planner made us quite anxious, but having Eileen on our team quickly put our nerves at ease. She was always suggesting ideas beyond the catering aspect which helped the day go off without a hitch (other than the weather, ha)! Also, we and our guests cannot say enough about the food! It was truly amazing! John worked with us to create the perfect menu for our wedding and everything turned out even better than we expected. We constantly had guests come up to us throughout the night asking who the caterers were because they were enjoying everything so much! Lastly, I want to thank the catering staff for going above and beyond. The weather made our outside wedding a little more difficult to work than your typical wedding, but the Pairings staff continuously had smiles on their faces and worked so hard. What we were most shocked by was the fact that at some point during the night, every single one of the Pairings staff came up and personally congratulated us- something that was so sweet, but totally not expected. The Pairings team truly feels like family to us and we are so thankful and blessed that they were able to be a part of our special day!

Payton and Tyler Meagher

Sent on 09/09/2017

Emily · Married on 07/01/2017

Pairings was great from the start! From our first meeting Eileen was reassuring and very organized. They were so amazing the day of, it down poured during our outdoor wedding and they covered everything and just went on with the schedule! Eileen even brought our champagne today through the rain! They were very flexible with menu and the food was excellent, our guests complimented as well.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Renee · Married on 06/16/2017

Absolutely, positively INCREDIBLE experience!!! Everyone with Pairings Biatro is top notch with amazing food & service. And there is NO ONE like Eileen Rice - she made sure that everything could not have gone more smoothly & she goes above & beyond the call of duty. It was a perfect evening. I cannot say enough about her and I would recommend her & Pairings Bistro again & again.

Sent on 08/16/2017
  • MJ

Megan · Married on 03/11/2017

To say that I am obsessed with Pairings is an understatement. From the moment we met Eileen, the catering director, I loved her, and when we finally booked with them (several months after we should have, during which we seriously considered eloping), knowing Eileen was on our side took a huge weight off my shoulders. She was so attentive, asking ahead of time what each our VIPs' preferred drink was, and if there were any special requests to prepare for. That dedication carried over to the entire team, and the staff was incredible. Immediately after our family-only ceremony, they appeared like magic with everyone's favorite drink. Every time we turned around, they were there with trays of food and drink, checking to see if we needed anything. Our bartender was a champ--I think she made about 200 lemon drop shots over the course of the evening. When we ran out of vodka (embarrassing), the staff went to the nearest liquor store (that they had scoped out in advance) to get more, another example of their intensive preparations.

Besides the wonderful service, there was the food. Oh, the food. The shrimp and grits is possibly the best meal I have ever had, and will ever have. The golden beet salad is incredible, and the cream of crab soup shooters we had for cocktail hour were a huge hit. Wedding food can be kind of bland, but not if you work with Pairings. We got so many compliments (like we did any of the work), and have had requests to have the exact same wedding next year so all of our out-of-town guests can have the food again. I think one of our guests said it best: "The shrimp and grits. The crab soup. Just...the shrimp and grits. Wow." Pairings made our wedding so much fun and so memorable (even after 200 lemon drop shots), and we can't thank them enough!

Sent on 05/01/2017
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 10/29/2016

We were completely thrilled with everyone at Pairings! The food was amazing, the service was perfect (and fun :)) but hands down the best value we got out of hiring Pairings was Eileen, the catering manager, who did all the work of a day-of-planner for us. She helped us find some decor pieces, coordinated with all our other vendors, even picked up our linens for us! She is %100 worth every penny and she made our day perfect. 10/10 would hire again!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Austin · Married on 08/13/2016

Eileen and John became family on the first day we met them, working with both of them on our special day was an absolute joy. I'm an event planner in Nashville and I help develop culinary programs so I have high expectations and I'm a foodie :). The moment I sat down with Eileen and John, I felt completely at ease-their passion for service and love of good food makes them a dream team. The quality and pricing is unmatchable, I promise any bride-they are the best. Eileen is just magic, she makes everything flow during the planning process and on the day of, the team just goes above and beyond. We chose Pairings to do both our rehersal and reception, each menu was well thought out, hand crafted and different. John is so creative in the kitchen and their team is just as wonderful to be around. On the big day as I arrived into the cocktail hour unfortunately a guest hugged me and spilled red wine all over my dress in all the excitement-the first person I called for was Eileen, she held my hand as I held back tears and worked with her amazing staff to make the red wine disappear. We wanted to pick vendors that were local, special and treated you like a friend, we have a friend in Pairings and so many special memories. Cheers to John, Eileen and the Pairings team- Andy and I love you! Best, Austin

Sent on 09/02/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2016

We could not have asked for more. The catering staff and their lead Eileen Rice helped make this the perfect wedding. They managed to be both professional yet fun. Attentive and yet not overbearing. Our relatives described this as, "the best wedding" [they had ever been to]. The catering team even did a dance with us on the dance floor towards the end of the night. What a wonderful time we all had. We are so blessed to have gotten to have you-each of you-present at our wedding. Thank you so much for making our special day everything we could have had. We are so grateful. **If you are searching for the best catering team-STOP. You have found them and they are headed up by Eileen Rice**

Sent on 08/01/2017

Linda/Dave · Married on 07/12/2015

Amazingly enough, my husband and I found love at 70. Equally amazing was the job Parings did for our at-home wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect - from the menu choices, the setup, the service and the cleanup - they never missed a beat!! Our new life together could not possibly have had a better or more delicious start - Thank you So Much!!!!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Ellie · Married on 05/30/2015

I can't begin to explain how incredible it was working with Jon and Eileen at Pairings Bistro for my wedding. They are such wonderful, kind and talented people. Jon was so flexible with the creating our wedding menu, and gave us amazing tastings. Eileen, who we hired as our event coordinator, was so AMAZING! She is so talented, patient and hard working. She made the day of the wedding so stress free for me, and checked in with me the days leading up to the wedding. She helped with all the setup and really made all of my ideas come to life. She is so organized and truly a remarkable woman, I am lucky to have worked with her. The staff at Pairings Bistro were so professional and fun! The food was so delicious, our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was. Best crab cake ever! Eileen and Jon went above and beyond to make our wedding day a dream come true. I would highly recommend Pairings Bistro for wedding catering to any future bride, will be the best decision you will make!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Lorrie · Married on 09/20/2014

John and Eileen exceeded our expectations.....AGAIN. The food was out of this world. The service that their staff provided made us feel like royalty!!! Our guests still can not stop talking about the appetizers, dinner and cocktails!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Ashley · Married on 08/31/2014

Have dinner at the restaurant! You will be treated with the same exceptional service and friendly welcome whether you are a "stranger" just walking for dinner or if you have an appointment for a tasting. We could not be more pleased with our decision to have Pairings Bistro cater our wedding. We loved Jon and Eileen, it felt very much like we were dealing with a close friend or family member whenever we spoke to them. We really felt like they genuinely cared about us our wedding. Jon created a mouthwatering "local fare" menu with seasonal ingredients and perfectly paired beer/wine and specialty drinks that was enjoyed by every one of our guests. People are still raving about the food! I love love love Pairings Bistro...my only regret is that I wasn't able to enjoy the food at my wedding. To this day I will forever long for one of Jon's pan seared scallops!

Sent on 06/02/2016

If you are looking for 5 star food, excellent service, and an amazing wedding coordinator, BOOK PAIRINGS! This was one of the best decisions we made about the day. Jon and Eileen were amazing from start to finish. They were genuinely just as excited about or day as we were (which is hard to find). From planning a custom gourmet menu, to setting up the day before they were with us every step of the way. Pairings exceeded my already very high expectations, and I didn't think that was possible. Aside from the phenomenal catering services, Eileen (wedding coordinator) was clutch. Eileen was a major asset in planning, organizing, and setup. The only person you would want to help you coordinate your special day! Guests are still talking about the food and drinks, they were a home run!

Sent on 07/08/2013