Pacific Pie Company Reviews

23 | Portland, OR

23 Reviews for Pacific Pie Company

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2018

I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Sarah and her crew for making the most delicious pies for our Wedding. Sarah was so easy to work and even created pies in mason jars to go with our rustic theme. The pies were so yummy and we received so many compliments on them. Again, thank you for helping to make our day special!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Kayla · Married on 10/29/2016

Pacific Pie Co. did the pies for our wedding and they were amazing!! Sarah was friendly, helpful and very responsive. If you are looking for a just a slice or dozens of mini pies, this is the place to go! So thankful for their service!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Tanley · Married on 10/15/2016

Pacific Pie Co. is the place for pies and stellar customer service. The owners are gracious, kind and passionate about what they do and you taste that difference in their pies and the way they treat their customers. Sarah, was attentive, thorough and made sure we were satisfied. Needless to say, they have some of the best tasting pies out there....they were so good, there was none leftover! I secretly wished there was because I really wanted to have some all to myself later??!
    Oh well! I will have to visit one of their Portland locations to get my pie fix!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/11/2016

If you are in the Portland area and looking for pies for your wedding, I highly suggest Pacific Pie Co. for their amazing selection, DELICIOUS pies, and great customer service. Sarah went the extra mile to help us choose the right mini-pies for our 6/11/16 celebration-- we had a blast at the tasting (we ate soooo much pie!), she delivered the pies to our venue for a small fee, and she loaned us a great pie stand (one less thing to think about!). The decorative hearts were the perfect touch on our one full-size pie, which we cut in to at our reception, and I got so much positive feedback about the mini-pies (we chose Oregon Berry, Lemon Meringue, and Chocolate Bourbon Hazelnut... which is the best thing in the entire world). Having mini-pies made serving/clean-up super easy, and people got to try a few different flavors, which was fun! There are a lot of great pie places in Portland, but Pacific Pie is professional, they've clearly done plenty of events and have it down, and their pies are reliably delicious and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend working with them for your wedding!

Sent on 06/29/2016

J. · Married on 12/29/2015

I used Pacific Pie Company for my elopement pie and couldn't have been more pleased! I rarely if ever give full 5-star reviews, but this amazing baker deserves it. She is knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. Our key lime pie was so tasty and all of the guests were delighted with the sweet swirling on top and incredible flavor. This restaurant is a great local business with a true customer service focus. Check out their pies — you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/31/2016
  • MS4

Meredith · Married on 09/19/2015

I ordered pies for my wedding and I am thrilled with the delicious desserts and super service that Pacific Pie Company provided. Sarah was so easy to work with, and everyone involved was very accommodating throughout the process. And the pies are SO good! I don't live in Portland, but I plan to get a coconut cream pie from here every time I visit. It's divine. If only my second favorite, marionberry, weren't seasonal!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Anne · Married on 06/21/2015

My wife and I have loved eating at Pacific Pie's restaurants for years, and when our wedding came along we had to look them up. We were expecting a hundred guests, among them carnivores, vegetarians, vegans, and gluten free folk - and every last category praised me more about the food than my dress. And I don't blame them! It was absolutely amazing, the service was perfect and positive, and they helped arrange serving ware and linens so I could have one less thing to worry about. Highly recommended! I'll invite them back for my anniversary party!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Debbie · Married on 10/18/2014

For our wedding, my husband and I decided to do savory bites and mini desserts in lieu of a full meal. We started looking around for mini-desserts first, knowing we wanted pie first and foremost, and quickly came across Pacific Pie Co. Perhaps the most refreshing part of working with Sarah and PPC was how incredibly responsive she was. If I could give them more than five stars, I would. Every email I sent was answered quickly, with all the answers I needed. She was so attentive to what we wanted and how she could make it work for us, I probably wouldn't have even cared if the pies were gross.

LUCKILY, they were delicious!!! We ordered a variety of both sweet and savory mini items and picked it up warm ready to serve. It was the perfect choice for our reception, and everyone enjoyed the variety. We also ordered a selection of gluten-free sweet and savory items which were made by Queen of Hearts Bakery, but entirely coordinated though Sarah at PPC.

I was planning the wedding from Southern Oregon, so we weren't able to come in and do official taste testing of the pies. However I did end up in Portland on business a few times, and brought home an order of mini-pies to the husband. Sarah knew I was coming in to pick the order up, and made sure to send a follow-up email the next day to make sure I had gotten it alright and see if we liked it. She even sent a congratulatory email after the wedding.

Even though we never met face-to-face, we knew with absolute certainty that our wedding needs were being taken care of and there was no need to stress about our food. In the flurry that is wedding planning (especially long distance!) working with Sarah at Pacific Pie Co. was a breath of fresh air.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Julie · Married on 08/16/2014

Pacific Pie Co catered the desserts for our wedding this last weekend, and we could not be more thrilled with how our dessert table turned out! From start to finish, Pacific Pie Co was easy to work with, reliable, and professional. We ordered 4 different types of large pies, several bite-size pies, and cookie/brownie platters for our 130 person event. Every item was gorgeous and scrumptious. If we ever decide to renew our vows, we'd use them again!

Sent on 08/21/2014

Julie · Married on 08/02/2014

We had an outdoor wedding in August and wanted something for our guests that would hold up but also be fresh, local, and pretty. Pacific Pie Co. far exceeded our expectations. They were able to see our vision from the very beginning and provided suggestions based upon their experiences. They were flexible with our options and very reasonably priced. Our guests loved them and we even went back for more when returning our pie plates! It was the perfect choice for our wedding and really showcased NW flavors for our out-of-town guests. I have nothing but great things to say about PPC from the service to the quality. I'd hire them again in a second.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Matthew · Married on 07/19/2014

We are long-term customers of Pacific Pie Company, and immediately thought of them to cater our wedding. We had tried most of the savory pies and side dishes in their restaurant, and were happy with the choices available on their catering menu.

Sarah was very helpful with figuring out quantities and logistics. We communicated via email and phone to begin with, then met her in person a month before the wedding to make final decisions, and she even came to check out the venue ahead of time to plan where to set up the food. Sarah and her staff heated and served the food, and served it in the buffet. Also, they provided plates, napkins, etc that our venue didn't have.

We couldn't have been happier, and our guests LOVED the pies. We've gotten tons of compliments about the pies and been asked where they were from. Pacific Pie Co. is the best.

Pacific Pie Company is the best.

Sent on 08/10/2014
  • User4796578 · event on: 02/15/2014

Last year I arranged a pick up of a delicious apple pie by the unsuspecting birthday boy. We led him on a bday scavenger hunt in which he grabbed previously purchased items...kick started with Pacific Pie Co. They were super friendly and helpful in making this happen!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Corinne · Married on 09/20/2013

We were on a budget but still wanted to provide our guests with dinner, so we went with individual pot pies. They were a huge hit! Served with a green salad they were delicious and homey for our fall wedding. We picked them up cooked but cold and heated them up on-site. Sarah also allowed us to borrow a couple of sheet pans to make it easier! The whole thing was seamless and delicious. We couldn't have been happier about the choice.

Sent on 09/23/2013

I am the Owner of Blissfully Sweet PDX, a Dessert Display company. I worked with Pacific Pie most of the summer after one of my other vendors left me in a lurch... two days before an event!! Needless to say, these guys stepped up to help me and won my business for life!! Not only where their mini pie bite GORGEOUS... but they were equally delicious. Their menu is extensive and they are always willing to accommodate special requests.
    Thank you guys for making the rest of my summer deliciously easy!

Sent on 01/31/2014

sara · Married on 08/11/2013

A year and a half ago, when I first began planning my wedding, an acquaintance suggested that I check out Pacific Pie Company. They aren't really convenient to my neighborhood (North Portland), but since I didn't know where else to go for massive quantities of pie, I thought I'd give them a shot.

I contacted them through email about pies for a wedding, and Sarah Curtis-Fawley was super enthusiastic and helpful. They allow you to create your own pie flavors (a feature of which I took great advantage), they only need a week's notice (and they let me adjust my order as needed), and Sarah was quick to respond to my every question. I got both sweet and savory pies for my wedding, and they were more than happy to just let me pick them up to serve as I pleased.

On top of that, every time I walked in, Sarah not only recognized me and remembered my name, she also even remembered my order and wedding date.

Now, about the pies: F*CKING AWESOME. I can't even explain the sweet and spicy blend of the berry pies. My guests went pretty close to literally insane for the ginger pear pies, and I never even got to see a slice of the orange cream pies. I do, however, have many millions of photographs of the pies, because I do believe my guests were more excited about the beauty of the pies than they were about my dress - and I have to admit that those were some good looking pies.

My bartenders had to spirit away some of the savory pies, because they were disappearing so fast they feared I would end up having to starve. I ordered enough to feed 80 people, and yet my 50 guests couldn't get enough!

I simply can't recommend this place enough. I almost want to get married again just so I have excuse to order another 15 pies.

Sent on 08/14/2013

My husband really wanted pies for our wedding, but I had told him no, wedding cake is traditional. I however was planning to surprise him and our guests with pie on our wedding day. I unfortunately am not a big pie fan, so I got a recommendation from my planner and read reviews, then decided on the Pacific Pie Co. They lived up to the reviews and we could not have been happier.
    Sarah was super helpful and secretive with the pie selection and booking process. We ended up having both pie and cake at our wedding, and the pie line was much longer than the cake line, deservedly so. We got rave reviews on the pies and many questions as to who provided them. I myself was a big fan of the chocolate bourbon hazelnut pie. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/01/2013

Beyth · Married on 08/04/2013

I recently coordinated a wedding that Pacific Pie Co. catered. Sarah and her team were absolutely wonderful. They worked with a difficult-to-access venue, a last-minute menu change, and they met the budget I proposed (with quite a bit of food for the budget, I might add!). Plus, they were outstanding onsite. They went well above and beyond the minimal services I'd contracted them for by helping us prepare beverages, nicely explaining to guests that we had allotted one pie per person, carrying heavy things, and more. I can't recommend them highly enough. And of course, it probably goes without saying that their pies are delish!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Micah · Married on 08/03/2013

Pacific Pie Company is awesome, and their pies are delicious. We had them delivered (all the way to Hood River!) for our wedding BBQ and it was totally worth it. The marionberry is probably my favorite, but all of the options were delicious. Sarah is super helpful and extremely easy to work with. I highly recommend using Pacific Pie Company for whatever pie needs you have in the future!
    -Micah

Sent on 08/08/2013

Pacific Pie Company did an amazing job on the pies we served at our wedding. Sarah was a huge help in selecting our flavors and spent two meetings with us chatting and discussing the pies, how to serve them, the details, etc. Our guests LOVED the idea of having pies instead of cake and couldn't stop talking about how delicious they were. This was a much more affordable option, but also more fun and tasty than wedding cake, we thought! Highly recommend Pacific Pie Company -- very professional in their approach to working with brides.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Amy · Married on 07/16/2011

I was so completely happy with everything related to our catering. We had to switch caterers pretty last minute and I was FREAKING out. Sarah guided me through the processes, was unbelievably helpful and it came off without a hitch. Not to mention that having individual savory pies as the main course was SO cute and fun. This was the best wedding food I had ever had, excellent quality, delicious and unique flavors and enough quantity.

It was everything I could have asked for. :)

Sent on 11/28/2011

Chris · Married on 09/08/2013

Pacific Pie Company was an amazing part of our wedding! Everyone LOVED the pies - they were beautiful, fresh and delicious! The owner, Sarah, was simply amazing to work with. She was kind, organized and made all my worries go away! HIGHLY recommend working with PPC for your wedding - either for dessert pies or for their amazing appetizer savory pies (we did BOTH!)

Sent on 01/31/2014

When it was time to plan my wedding, I knew that I wanted to have pie for dessert, but also knew that I would not have time to make all the pies myself. I contacted Sarah at the Pacific Pie Company, and I was very happy with her responses and helpfulness. She has worked with a lot of weddings, and she was helpful in giving suggestions for the pies.

We were having the wedding a little ways away, so we needed to pick them up in the morning of the wedding to get them there on time. Everything ran smoothly, the pies were ready in time, and the guests all RAVED about how great they were. We only had pies for the dessert, and it was a huge hit.

My only complaint would be, while there was a discount for the pie tasting, it would have been a nice gesture to have the first piece free. We were incredibly happy with the finished product, but we had never eaten there before, so we were a bit disappointed at having to pay so much for our initial tasting for the wedding. However, as a patron, I'll continue to go back--the slices are definitely worth the cost!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Kristin · Married on 06/11/2016

3.8
      3.5

They have a large variety to choose from to fit your wedding style.

Sent on 10/04/2015