Mercury Hall Reviews

Mercury Hall 6
Mercury Hall 7
  • Flavia

Flavia · Married on 02/22/2019

Couldn’t have picked a more perfect venue

Tucked away near the center of Austin, Mercury Hall offers both indoor and outdoor spaces for your ceremony and reception. The venue itself is stunning, rates are budget friendly and the manager Courtney was a joy to work with. Plus, you can bring your own alcohol, as long as you hire an insured bartending company to serve. I had no issues whatsoever, and Courtney was always available to answer our questions and to provide vendor referrals. I highly recommend this venue.

Mercury Hall 8
    Mercury Hall 9

Amy · Married on 06/10/2018

Mercury Hall is a great venue. There are several variations for how you can setup outdoors, every single one of which is beautiful. There area many different outdoor areas for pictures, everywhere you look the space is secluded and has great accents; and the indoor space is absolutely beautiful with the stained glass and simple, classic style. We were really looking for a space that was already beautiful so that we didn't have to create something from scratch and this was the perfect place for that. They have sweet little corners with great accent furniture. The 2 dressing areas aren't huge but we had 7 people in each and did just fine. The girls spilled out into the ladies RR next door, but the mirror in there is fantastic and there is tons of space so that wasn't a problem at all. I couldn't be happier with our choice. I wouldn't have wanted more than 120 people at rounds with a dance floor but it was perfect for that amount!

Mercury Hall 10
    Mercury Hall 11
    Mercury Hall 12
    Mercury Hall 13
    Mercury Hall 14

Karah · Married on 05/12/2017

We knew instantly that Mercury Hall was perfect for us. You CAN'T beat the location- right there in town. Who wants to drive an hour out into the middle of nowhere? (unless you're into that sort of thing :] ) You don't feel like you're in the middle of a city at all. There's no need to worry about decorating the place as the inside is so beautiful on it's own. The white walls and stained glass windows are just so simple and pretty. I also LOVED the decor in the bridal suite and little groomsman house. Also, the staff is just the best. Courtney was super helpful, friendly, and prompt in responding to my millions of emails!! You can't go wrong with this beautiful and well-kept gem in south Austin.

Katy · Married on 04/30/2017

I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about Mercury Hall! I am from TX originally, but live in NY now so we only saw the venue once before knowing it was the one. A year later we were just married there and it was everything we remembered and hoped for! The space is absolutely gorgeous whether you are outside in the two outdoor locations or inside in the building space. We took advantage of all of it and could not be happier! All of our guests kept commenting on how beautiful the venue was and many asking "how did you find this place?!". I always dreamed of a wedding in the hill country, but seeing as the majority of our guests were coming from out of town and far distances, we didn't want to put them through buses out another 30 min from the city. I felt like I still got my hill country wedding, because when you're at Mercury Hall you feel like you're in a remote location. Even better, you're near Downtown and all the hot spots so its the most perfect and prime location! From the gorgeous trees, to the bamboo and stunning stained glass windows inside there is so much to work with and so many ways you can make the space yours. Courtney and her team were incredibly helpful, always responsive and made it a breeze planning for our big day. Seriously, look no further, this place has it all and will have a special place in our hearts forever!

Abigail · Married on 06/25/2016

Best venue I could have asked for. So reasonably priced and such a wonderful Austin spot. Our wedding coordinator, Rachelle, did a FANTASTIC job. She let us make all the calls but did a fantastic job planning the design and all the small details I wouldn’t have remembered or thought of. She was there at every moment I needed her, and I couldn’t have been happier with how beautiful the combination of indoor/outdoor looked!

• Nancy

Nancy · Married on 06/23/2016

This place speaks for itself. It is so beautiful and unique. We had an unexpected surprise and were forced to move the wedding up 5 months which cut out a big chunk of our decor. However, with minimal decorations and almost no flowers our wedding was still beautiful and classic. We received compliments from almost every guest on the simplicity and beauty of the ceremony and reception. Little did they know it was all the place and very little work on our end!
    The management was accommodating and very helpful from beginning to end. They worked with us on moving up the wedding without any additional fees or problems. The day of the wedding they were very helpful and in the end of the night even assisted in a little cleaning. I love this place and will continue to recommend it!

Mercury Hall has been great with answering all my questions. They offer a military special which waives the rental fee for the ta

We had our wedding at Mercury Hall in November 2015. The venue is absolutely beautiful indoors and outdoors and didn't require much decorating on our end because it's so charming as is. We rented a tent which allowed us to utilize the whole property--ceremony on the lawn, cocktail hour indoor/outdoor, dinner under the tent, and dancing inside the hall. Courtney and Rachelle were easy to get in touch with and to work with. All our vendors were used to working with Mercury Hall, so everything moved seamlessly on our wedding day. I would absolutely recommend Mercury Hall--it's beautiful, reasonably priced, and overall a perfect location for an Austin wedding.

Very friendly and professional.

If you are wanting to get married in Austin, for sure visit Mercury Hall as a venue option!! Our venue was my favorite part of the wedding: it is so beautiful, special, and all around perfect.

The staff is also incredibly helpful, and easy to work with!

Pamela · Married on 05/14/2015

Mercury Hall was not my first choice of venues. In fact, I didn't even have them on my list until my first choice fell through.

However, I'm so glad we ended up there. Mercury Hall is gorgeous! It's a really beautiful space for a smaller, more intimate wedding. Mercury Hall is fairly inexpensive, especially if you have a weekday wedding, which was great for us because we were on such a tight budget. They also have chairs and tables that you can rent from them for a pretty good price. Booking their venue also includes using the outdoor space for rehearsal prior to the wedding date. If you're on a budget like we were, you can let Mercury Hall's innate beauty be your decoration. We didn't feel like it needed very much extra.

Courtney and her team were very responsive, helpful, and extremely patient with me while I vacillated between choices. They were always willing to send me information, even if it was multiple times. They were wonderfully accommodating when it rained on our rehearsal day. They came and opened the indoor space for us with very little notice. It didn't end up raining on our wedding day, but it had rained all week. We weren't able to use the big grassy area for the ceremony but the gravel area is just as beautiful.

I can't wait to see our wedding photos and I hope we get to attend another function at Mercury Hall in the future!

Melanie · Married on 12/07/2014

overall great! they were quick to answer any questions I had and really worked with me. the venue is BEAUTIFUL. our wedding day couldn't have been any better!

What an intimate, quaint, quirky, magical venue! If you love Austin this is the perfect spot tucked right of of 1st street. The first time I stepped into the lot I was sold! And the price wasn't that bad either! Beautiful vintage stained glass windows, amazingly impressive trees and open areas for all to enjoy. Even a bamboo forest that was great for pictures! So simple yet very diverse. Courtney with Mercury Hall was awesome through the entire process! The only down side I would say is there is only one dressing room and it's not super big but I couldn't have cared less! Great venue!

Sara · Married on 08/29/2014

Loved my Mercury Hall. The place is beautiful with an old church feel. It was perfect for my laid back secular wedding. Even with the rain the day was perfect.

Steph · Married on 07/20/2014

The venue was perfect for our big day! We loved working with Courtney, she was able to give us some great ideas and was always available to answer any questions we had.

Leah · Married on 04/05/2014

Courtney of Mercury Hall was a pleasure to work with! The venue itself was perfect. Austin chic, Rustin, romantic and intimate. We're so happy we found this venue and used it to celebrate our life long commitment! The in house manager was great too, what a joy you all have been!
    The inhouse lighting was superb! Crystal chandelier, outside string lighting and inside up lighting was great.

Thank you all again!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Mercury Hall's reply:

Thanks Leah! It was great working with you too!

Stefanie · Married on 10/31/2013

Mercury Hall was the perfect backdrop for my fall wedding. Its antiqued feel is warm and inviting, and it's surprisingly adaptable to a range of decor. The grounds are lush and well-kept, while the light coming through the ancient oaks made a truly stunning altar. The staff is professional and very easy to work with. All my guests were raving!

Laura · Married on 10/12/2013

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Mercury Hall. The venue is absolutely beautiful. It worked perfect for our garden wedding and indoor reception. It's really great that you can do it all at one location. I knew even looking online that i wanted to get married here. The pictures are beautiful! But the hall and the grounds are breath taking in person.. A must see! You'll fall in love in a second!

Kimberly · Married on 08/30/2013

I was a do it yourself bride. As soon as I stepped on to the property I knew I had to have my reception here. I had about 100-120 people inside the hall for a reception and there was plenty of room for dinner and dancing. The room is so beautiful with the high ceilings and the stain glassed windows. I didnt have to do a lot to make the place beautiful. Their list of vendors was very helpful in planning my wedding. The were responsive to all my emails and offeref chairs and tables for rental. THe property is well maintained the outside area is lovely. All the girlfriends fell in love with the place. THe pictures online don't do it justice, you have to see it in person!

Miki · Married on 06/15/2013

Mercury Hall was the best choice for us for our wedding. It was a good value, beautiful and historical, and intimate enough to make our friends and family feel like they were at a family reunion. I am so happy that we made our memories here!

Bethany · Married on 03/02/2013

Great environment. Easy to book and work with. Awesome Experience

• I

Ilse · Married on 02/10/2013

I found this place last year when researching venues for an event at work and instantly fell in love. I knew that I would make it my mission to book this venue if at all possible, should I get engaged. The place is absolutely magical and made our day such. Little decor is required as the place stands well alone and photographs well. We are very pleased!

Mercury Hall is beautiful and Courtney Landers was wonderful to work with.

Lauren · Married on 10/19/2012

Charming, quaint, fabulous and glamourous, all wrapped up in one tucked away downtown Austin package. For the Austin bride who wants the perfect mix of indoor and outdoor charm.

We looked at several options when looking into the perfect venue. Once we came across Mercury as a referral from our caterer, we fell in love with it upon arrival. Having the ceremony and reception all at the same location was stress free and our guest appreciated the beautiful setting Mercury had to offer. Courtney at Mercury was so kind and appreciative that we had chosen Mercury to host our wedding. We love this space, history and peacefulness under the large live oaks. It was all that we wanted in a venue and more!