50 Reviews for Mercury Hall

Indoor (4)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
49 Mercury Hall Reviews

We had a great experience with Mercury Hall. It was a beautiful location.

Profile Picture Hilary, 8/13/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Rentals, Chairs, Tables

We knew instantly that Mercury Hall was perfect for us. You CAN'T beat the location- right there in town. Who wants to drive an hour out into the middle of nowhere? (unless you're into that sort of thing :] ) You don't feel like you're in the middle of a city at all. There's no need to worry about decorating the place as the inside is so beautiful on it's own. The white walls and stained glass windows are just so simple and pretty. I also LOVED the decor in the bridal suite and little groomsman house. Also, the staff is just the best. Courtney was super helpful, friendly, and prompt in responding to my millions of emails!! You can't go wrong with this beautiful and well-kept gem in south Austin.

Profile Picture Karah, 5/12/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about Mercury Hall! I am from TX originally, but live in NY now so we only saw the venue once before knowing it was the one. A year later we were just married there and it was everything we remembered and hoped for! The space is absolutely gorgeous whether you are outside in the two outdoor locations or inside in the building space. We took advantage of all of it and could not be happier! All of our guests kept commenting on how beautiful the venue was and many asking "how did you find this place?!". I always dreamed of a wedding in the hill country, but seeing as the majority of our guests were coming from out of town and far distances, we didn't want to put them through buses out another 30 min from the city. I felt like I still got my hill country wedding, because when you're at Mercury Hall you feel like you're in a remote location. Even better, you're near Downtown and all the hot spots so its the most perfect and prime location! From the gorgeous trees, to the bamboo and stunning stained glass windows inside there is so much to work with and so many ways you can make the space yours. Courtney and her team were incredibly helpful, always responsive and made it a breeze planning for our big day. Seriously, look no further, this place has it all and will have a special place in our hearts forever!

Profile Picture Katy, 4/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best venue I could have asked for. So reasonably priced and such a wonderful Austin spot. Our wedding coordinator, Rachelle, did a FANTASTIC job. She let us make all the calls but did a fantastic job planning the design and all the small details I wouldn’t have remembered or thought of. She was there at every moment I needed her, and I couldn’t have been happier with how beautiful the combination of indoor/outdoor looked!

Profile Picture Abigail, 6/25/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor

This place speaks for itself. It is so beautiful and unique. We had an unexpected surprise and were forced to move the wedding up 5 months which cut out a big chunk of our decor. However, with minimal decorations and almost no flowers our wedding was still beautiful and classic. We received compliments from almost every guest on the simplicity and beauty of the ceremony and reception. Little did they know it was all the place and very little work on our end!
The management was accommodating and very helpful from beginning to end. They worked with us on moving up the wedding without any additional fees or problems. The day of the wedding they were very helpful and in the end of the night even assisted in a little cleaning. I love this place and will continue to recommend it!

Profile Picture Nancy, 6/23/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Mercury Hall has been great with answering all my questions. They offer a military special which waives the rental fee for the ta

Profile Picture User4883436, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mercury Hall is a lovely little oasis in the middle of South Austin. Ours was a small (70 guests) afternoon, mid-week wedding and Mercury Hall was the perfect setting for both the ceremony and reception. We chose MH because it met all our criteria: reasonably priced, flexible options for rain or shine, convenient location, and charm. Their list of preferred vendors is varied enough to provide for all types of weddings. (Ours was a non-religious, non-traditional, multi generation, mixed vegan/non-vegan affair!) Kudos also to how seamlessly their preferred vendors work with/within Mercury Hall being so familiar with the space and guidelines.

Profile Picture Aimee, 4/27/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We had our wedding at Mercury Hall in November 2015. The venue is absolutely beautiful indoors and outdoors and didn't require much decorating on our end because it's so charming as is. We rented a tent which allowed us to utilize the whole property--ceremony on the lawn, cocktail hour indoor/outdoor, dinner under the tent, and dancing inside the hall. Courtney and Rachelle were easy to get in touch with and to work with. All our vendors were used to working with Mercury Hall, so everything moved seamlessly on our wedding day. I would absolutely recommend Mercury Hall--it's beautiful, reasonably priced, and overall a perfect location for an Austin wedding.

Profile Picture User4393515, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Very friendly and professional.

Profile Picture User5558070, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked our wedding ceremony and reception at Mercury Hall and could not have been happier with the venue. Being two architects, my wife and I really appreciated the scale and character of the main building - it’s a 100+ year old chapel that was moved from Mercury, Texas! The interior space and the grounds were so simple and beautiful that we didn’t feel like it was necessary to add too much decoration. The staff that helped us book the venue was friendly and easy to communicate with, as was their groundskeeper on the day of our event.

A couple things to be aware of: 1) if your event has any outdoor component then you must rent lights (expensive) or bring your own (hassle to set up) - there are no standard outdoor lights set up for you; 2) our reception got pretty warm and it was difficult to find someone to help cool the building down.

Overall, we were blown away by this venue and highly recommend it to anyone that’s looking for a unique, charming space for a special event.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/29/15, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Rentals

If you are wanting to get married in Austin, for sure visit Mercury Hall as a venue option!! Our venue was my favorite part of the wedding: it is so beautiful, special, and all around perfect.

The staff is also incredibly helpful, and easy to work with!

Profile Picture User5160024, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mercury Hall was not my first choice of venues. In fact, I didn't even have them on my list until my first choice fell through.

However, I'm so glad we ended up there. Mercury Hall is gorgeous! It's a really beautiful space for a smaller, more intimate wedding. Mercury Hall is fairly inexpensive, especially if you have a weekday wedding, which was great for us because we were on such a tight budget. They also have chairs and tables that you can rent from them for a pretty good price. Booking their venue also includes using the outdoor space for rehearsal prior to the wedding date. If you're on a budget like we were, you can let Mercury Hall's innate beauty be your decoration. We didn't feel like it needed very much extra.

Courtney and her team were very responsive, helpful, and extremely patient with me while I vacillated between choices. They were always willing to send me information, even if it was multiple times. They were wonderfully accommodating when it rained on our rehearsal day. They came and opened the indoor space for us with very little notice. It didn't end up raining on our wedding day, but it had rained all week. We weren't able to use the big grassy area for the ceremony but the gravel area is just as beautiful.

I can't wait to see our wedding photos and I hope we get to attend another function at Mercury Hall in the future!

Profile Picture Pamela, 5/14/15, 2 Reviews
4.2

We absolutely loved Mercury Hall. It was the perfect venue for us in every way and we wouldn't have selected another venue if our lives depended on it! That being said, there are definite "quirks" to the process of this venue! Being extremely DIY friendly comes with its own set of stipulations for what you can and cannot hang, tack, etc, however asking the venue manager Courtney before choosing your DIYs would be best, because then you don't end up with a decoration they cannot accommodate! Visiting the site is easy peasy, but ending up there at the same time as an on-site manager is challenging! Email, calling, and dropping in their drop box will be your best friend for communication, as finding them in person is challenging! They don't have a huge functioning office, and for our rehearsal (which was scheduled months ahead of time) and several other site visits, no one was on site and the venue was simply left unlocked or wasn't. That was challenging (especially with our rehearsal time!) because we didn't have access to the inside, until we found an unlocked door. Hmm!

We also had sort of a last-minute tussle with the mowing of the lawn, as both our sets of parents were pretty appalled at the Friday rehearsal that the lawn was very long and unruly for our Sunday wedding. It didn't bother us hugely, but it would be a nice consideration. They told us "no" on Saturday but ended up mowing last minute on Sunday morning, due to pushiness from our coordinator. It was a little stressful!

That being said, Courtney was wonderful and very helpful with answering our questions, responding to emails, and forwarding us along to other vendors. Thank you, Mercury Hall, for being our dream venue and for falling directly in our budget!
P.s. We didn't have a strong rain plan, except to just flip the inside space last minute day-of if it decided to rain ... I would recommend a tent or potentially a more concrete rain plan. We got lucky, but it also could have gone awry!

Profile Picture Kristi, 3/29/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mercury Hall was a BEAUTIFUL venue for our wedding. When we saw rain in the forecast, I was worried we would not be able to utilize the gorgeous outdoor area for the ceremony, but luckily the cold front blew in the following day. We had hand full of bird cages hanging from the branches over our ceremony area, but the decor was almost unnecessary given the natural beauty of the outdoors. The inside is gorgeous with the stained glass windows and chandelier, so you don't feel the need to fill space with stuff to distract from the canvas. Since I planned to DIY a good amount of decor, I looked for a venue where less is more. We used different shades of linens in the same color family because the venue is pretty white in general, and it turned out amazing. Our final turnout was 64 people although we were expecting 70 and I thought the space was perfect for that amount of people to have plenty of wiggle room, although I've heard of fitting at least 50 more people there. All in all, it was a great space for our intimate wedding.

Profile Picture Erica, 2/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

overall great! they were quick to answer any questions I had and really worked with me. the venue is BEAUTIFUL. our wedding day couldn't have been any better!

Profile Picture Melanie, 12/7/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an intimate, quaint, quirky, magical venue! If you love Austin this is the perfect spot tucked right of of 1st street. The first time I stepped into the lot I was sold! And the price wasn't that bad either! Beautiful vintage stained glass windows, amazingly impressive trees and open areas for all to enjoy. Even a bamboo forest that was great for pictures! So simple yet very diverse. Courtney with Mercury Hall was awesome through the entire process! The only down side I would say is there is only one dressing room and it's not super big but I couldn't have cared less! Great venue!

Profile Picture User4701225, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved my Mercury Hall. The place is beautiful with an old church feel. It was perfect for my laid back secular wedding. Even with the rain the day was perfect.

Profile Picture Sara, 8/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was perfect for our big day! We loved working with Courtney, she was able to give us some great ideas and was always available to answer any questions we had.

Profile Picture Steph, 7/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The hall was absolutely beautiful for our wedding. The convenience of one site table/chair rental was especially nice. The venue coordinator was extremely helpful and great with communication. I would definitely book this venue again for future events!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Courtney of Mercury Hall was a pleasure to work with! The venue itself was perfect. Austin chic, Rustin, romantic and intimate. We're so happy we found this venue and used it to celebrate our life long commitment! The in house manager was great too, what a joy you all have been!
The inhouse lighting was superb! Crystal chandelier, outside string lighting and inside up lighting was great.

Thank you all again!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Leah, 4/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I fell in love with Mercury Hall and our wedding was beautiful!!! The most perfect day...even though it rained. If you haven't been to this venue yet, check it out. Stunning even w/o decor. You can decorate or not, have it outside or inside and the place is so charming. Courtney is great to work with also!!! Wouldn't have changed anything about our wedding there!

Profile Picture Nicola, 3/8/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mercury Hall is so beautiful!!! It feels like the hill country, but it is located downtown! The outdoor lawn is just amazing, I wish the weather had been nicer on my wedding day, so we could have enjoyed the lawn a bit more. The indoor venue is gorgeous! The stained glass windows are absolutely beautiful and bring so much life to the venue. I love the white walls, because you can decorate with any color to tie it in to your event.
Courtney, the manager, was easy to work with, although sometimes a little scatter brained; it helped that my mom was so well organized. With that said, don't judge Mercury Hall on the manager - the venue is all yours the day of, so you are able to make the event very personal. The bridal room is small, just a head's up, but you can make it work.
I would highly recommend Mercury Hall!!! The venue is so beautiful!

Profile Picture User4131042, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception at Mercury Hall. The venue is a beautiful space. Our yellow, grey and purple flowers on the white linens with the whitewashed walls made the space unbelievably simple and elegant. Our 110 guests were quite comfortable. There was plenty of room for 12 tables, and we even had enough room to dance.

I'm glad we hired a wedding planner, though. Mercury Hall staff was very hands-off.

Profile Picture Georgian, 1/18/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mercury Hall was the perfect backdrop for my fall wedding. Its antiqued feel is warm and inviting, and it's surprisingly adaptable to a range of decor. The grounds are lush and well-kept, while the light coming through the ancient oaks made a truly stunning altar. The staff is professional and very easy to work with. All my guests were raving!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 10/31/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Mercury Hall. The venue is absolutely beautiful. It worked perfect for our garden wedding and indoor reception. It's really great that you can do it all at one location. I knew even looking online that i wanted to get married here. The pictures are beautiful! But the hall and the grounds are breath taking in person.. A must see! You'll fall in love in a second!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews