Maybe Sew Reviews

65 | Carrollton, TX

65 Reviews for Maybe Sew

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Getting married on 11/30/2019

Leighanna did an AWESOME job on my dress! I had lost about 30 lbs since I bought my dress and when I needed it altered, she was able to work magic on a fully beaded dress without breaking the bank. Leighanna was recommended to me by a great family friend who has been using her for over 20 years! Leighanna's work is flawless and you will NOT be disappointed! I can't wait to have her work on another dress for me! THANK YOU LEIGHANNA!!!

Sent on 03/13/2011

Hillary · Married on 08/18/2018

We loved working with Leighanna from Maybe Sew! She altered both my and my mom's dresses and was so kind and easy to work with. She did a FABULOUS job on my dress and the bustle, and although she is very busy, she was prompt and clear. I am so happy we chose to work with her!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/28/2017

Leighanna went above and beyond for my wedding dress. She did the typical alterations (hem, bustle, taking it in, etc) but she also created off the shoulder lace sleeves that connected right to the sweetheart neckline of my dress. It looked seamless when it was finished and as if the dress was designed that way originally. Along the way there were many bumps (lost fabric/lace, not enough fabric/lace, etc) and I had to visit Leighanna for several appointments but she never charged me more than the original quote even though I know she spent a lot of time making sure the sleeves turned out just like I wanted. She is a true professional who cares about her client. She worked so hard on my dress and it turned out exactly as I imagined.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Roxane · Married on 09/23/2017

Leighanna was very sweet, professional and reasonable. She knows her business and does a great job!!!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Johanna · Married on 06/11/2016

Leighanna saved the day for me after I had a very bad experience with my original in-house alterations person at the place where I bought my dress. Those first alterations left my dress with an unflattering and strange lumpy look where it should have smoothly flared out, and the bustle also seemed off somehow, causing the skirt to take on a strange shape when it was done up. When I asked the original alterations lady about it, she basically told me they “sometimes just did that” and implied nothing could be done. I felt defeated. I had very little time left before the wedding and was beyond disappointed to be stuck with such an unflattering final outcome. I called around to alterations places I found online and none of them even returned my calls. In a last-ditch effort, I asked a different local bridal shop if they had a recommendation. They recommended Leighanna, and I am so grateful they did. She was able to fix the damage and restore my dress to the way it should have been altered originally. I can’t thank her enough for what she did.

Leighanna returned my call almost immediately and worked me into her schedule right away. She looked at my dress and easily identified what the first seamstress had done wrong. I really appreciated her honesty. She was honest about the issues with my dress and about what could be done, and then she delivered on that. Her pricing was incredibly reasonable. She did not skimp on service or cut corners, and I got a great value for what I paid. She was professional, knowledgeable, and very skilled. She fixed the original alterations that had been done incorrectly and removed the terrible lumpy look from my dress, in addition to fixing the bustle and even mending some sloppily-tacked-on appliques that were drooping off of the dress.

I was able to enjoy my wedding day and feel good about my dress again, and it was all thanks to Leighanna! I only wish I had known about her sooner. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/01/2017

Mandy · Married on 11/07/2015

Leighanna is an ANGEL! I purchased my dress in Miami and decided to have it altered there at the recommendation of the store. What a mistake! When the dress arrived in the mail, I was in tears. The hem was a mess, I couldn't get it zipped, and the sash looked terrible. I frantically called any alterations place I could find, and I found Leighanna. She listened to my sob story and we made an appointment for me the next day. She performed magical surgery on my dress and made it perfect! Once she was done with it, it was MY dress again - not the mess that I received 2 weeks prior. She cut me a deal and rushed the alterations - she even had it ready a week earlier than I expected! She's a miracle worker and well worth the extra money and the drive to Carrollton. Thank you, Leighanna!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/25/2015

Okay, how can anyone say anything bad about Leighanna? She was absolutely incredible at altering my dress! I felt like I came into her house with a lot to do on my dress. First of all I am very short, and as it turns out, she had to trim off 6 inches from the bottom! I also asked her to give my dress a sweetheart neckline and a bustle. Plus she had to take it in some. Then, later, I asked her to also alter a dress I found for the rehearsal dinner. And she altered that one too! And I love them! I read some where that a lot of previous clients were upset that she made their dresses "too tight." Really? Okay if you have a strapless dress, it needs to be snug! And to be honest, I kinda expected my dress to be even tighter after reading all of those, but really it was comfortably tight. I also love her attention to detail. She pointed out that the sash I wanted to add to my wedding dress had a stain on it! Oh no! I was able to exchange it for a new one, and bring her the new one later. She even has a great policy of being there for all of her brides until the very end. She told me that if I try my dress on again closer to the wedding and realized it was too big, small, etc, I could bring it back for any changes. And her prices were absolutely worth it! When you are bringing in a gown with multiple layers and different types of fabric, you have got to expect it to cost more than just $20. And the more you want to change, the more it will cost, but I believe this was very much worth it! I recommend her to any bride in the Dallas area!!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/18/2015

Leighanna was the best! She cares so much about each of her brides, and was so adamant about making sure that I was happy about every little detail on my dress. I called her a bit close to my wedding date, and she made sure to create a slot for me to get in to see her. Then after my bridal pictures, I had torn a little piece on my dress, and she got me in right away to fix it. She is so sweet, and so talented. Her pricing is also amazing!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Leighanna literally saved the day for me. I had initially taken my dress to a different, highly recommended tailor for alterations, and he absolutely butchered it. It was too big in some places, too small in others, and my chest was just about hanging out (and I don’t even have a big chest). He basically told me that’s the best the dress would look and sent me on my way. Thankfully, a coworker suggested I call Leighanna. She squeezed me in one week before my wedding and worked around the clock to save my dress. What a difference she made! The dress was beautiful, and it fit perfectly! Leighanna was a lifesaver. Her prices are very reasonable, she is so sweet, and she does amazing work. I wish I would have known about her in the first place!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Super sweet! She trimmed the bigillion layers of tooling for my dress and did a great job with the bustle!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Michelle · Married on 02/28/2015

Leighanna is phenomenal! I bought my wedding gown at a boutique and had planned on using their seamstress. She turned out to be terrible, she messed up my dress and wouldn't do what I wanted her to do in terms of fitting the dress to my body. I called another seamstress who recommended Leighanna. I hit the jackpot! Not only is she super friendly and sweet, but she's darn good at what she does. She fixed what the boutique seamstress ruined, and altered my dress to fit my body perfectly - Not too tight, not too loose, perfectly!

I highly recommend her and you won't regret going to her. I can't say enough good things, I'm so happy!

Sent on 11/04/2014

She was great! Very direct and tells you her honest opinion on what looks good and what you may not be happy with in the long run (which I appreciate!). Very professional and nice. She was very reasonably priced and stayed true to her promised timeline and cost, even though what I wanted done took more work than she anticipated. Gave great advice on how to keep the dress in great condition for and through the entire wedding day. She stays pretty booked so is pretty strict on her schedule (once you see how many dresses she is working on you'll understand why), but she accommodating and still very helpful; she makes you feel like you are the only bride she is working with! Would definitely recommend her services.

Sent on 12/16/2014

I live over an hour away from Maybe Sew and made sure that I found the time and days to ensure that my dress was altered by nobody else! She is so professional, personable, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable about her craft! If you want your dress to fit you like a glove and be the only bride that she sees during your appointment, then go see her!! It's a must! There is no way you can have a better experience if you go somewhere else!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Ashton · Married on 10/12/2013

I was referred to Leighanna by Pure Luxe Bridal and she did a fantastic job. I didn't need a lot done, just a little taken in at the top and to add cups to the dress. I felt like the pricing was reasonable for the work being done and it was done quickly. On top of the great job Leighanna did, she really was very friendly and a joy to work with. I would refer anyone needing alterations to her.

Sent on 09/13/2013
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 09/21/2013

Leighanna has been and continues to be wonderful. She took a dress that was 3 sizes too big and a foot too long and made it fit like a glove and look better than I could have ever imagined. She was able to give my dress a train, which is was not originally constructed to have. She made the most beautiful bustle ever as well! My dress took multiple appointments, and she was always respectful of my time and got the alterations done very quickly. I will have my dress in plenty of time for hair/makeup trial runs, pictures, etc. Thank you so much Leighanna! You are fabulous!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Ciearra · Married on 09/15/2013

I am absolutely thrilled with the work Leighanna did with my dress! She was amazingly sweet! I appreciated her making me laugh during a time when days can be a bit stressful! I felt instantly comfortable and completely at ease! Thank you Leighanna!!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Amber · Married on 09/14/2013

Leighanna is THE BEST!!!! I took my dress to another shop that came highly recommended. They took 3 minutes with me and told me it was hopeless and I just needed to buy a new dress or get bigger boobs....neither of which was going to happen!! My best friend used Leighanna not even a year ago so I made the trip to see her and was 110% satisfied. She was able to do everything she said she would and my dress is prettier than I could have imagined. I don't ever write reviews but I feel like I'm not doing my part if I keep her a secret!!! Go see Leighanna. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/07/2013

Shaunta · Married on 05/19/2013

Had the amazing pleasure of working with the wonderful Mrs. Leighanna Reynolds. She was so sweet and explained everything to me so I would know upfront what her policies and prices are. She referred me to a fabric store to give me some ideas on customizing my gown that actually saved me money. I absolutely adore her. If you are looking for bridal alterations...look no further, because there is no maybe about it....Maybe Sew is the best!!!!

Sent on 02/05/2013

D · Married on 03/03/2013

As a bride i was so nervose about my dress fitting the day of the wedding and it was the hit of the wedding !! My dress was the talk to the wedding. So thank you so much for the perfect fittings and time spent on my perfect dress.
    Maybe Sew is so professional,flexible and fast.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Beth · Married on 10/27/2012

Leighanna is amazing! I didn't have to have tons of alterations done to my dress, but what I did need done and different types of bustles we talked about it is abundantly clear that she more than knows what she is doing and has lots of experience! I was also more than pleased with her pricing for alterations as I'd heard from friends of ridiculously expensive alteration amounts they paid for their dresses. Maybe Sew is definitely the way to go if you are a Bride, Bridesmaid or need some other formal dress altered!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Delana · Married on 06/03/2012

All I can say is WOW. Leighanna is amazing! I can't say enough good things about her. Her top priority is to make you happy and worry-free. Of course, that means making your wedding dress fit like it was made just for you! I was referred to her by Circle Park Bridal, where I bought my wedding dress. I am so glad I decided to take their advice! She is worth EVERY penny!

Sent on 06/13/2012
  • Meteor

Karen · Married on 04/21/2012

Leighanna is incredible! I still can't believe the work she does out of her home. She was recommended to me by Circle Park Bridal in Addison. I looked at dresses there but bought my dress online. My dress did not need a lot of work, but Leighanna shortened it a tad and added the bustle. I was very impressed with her work and felt like she did not charge enough for the tedious task of shortening individual ruffles! She really made me feel confident about my dress and dealing with my dress because she has years of experience with brides and dresses and passed on a lot of advice about things I don't think I would have thought of on my own.
    I was a little skeptical of going to her home, but she's very professional and does great work!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Emily · Married on 01/14/2012

Leighanna was professional and so very nice. She did a fantastic job on my dress and bustle! I had a strapless gown that was almost entirely lace. She was able to take in the sides of the dress with the corset, shorten the gown, put in the french bustle and attach my rinestone belt for a great price. Everything was flawless and even after a fun and crazy wedding reception everything looked flawless. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Mara · Married on 12/03/2011

Leighanna did a great job on my wedding dress! It fit perfectly on my wedding day and it looked great. The bustle looked beautiful, too. She was very helpful throughout the alterations process and helped to ease any of my concerns about my dress. She was very professional and is clearly a talented and experienced seamstress. I would definitely recommend Maybe Sew to any bride!

Sent on 12/05/2011
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 11/05/2011

Leighanna was fabulous and I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing alterations. She not only did my wedding dress, but she did the one of the bridesmaid dressses and the Mother of The Bride dress. All three dresses came out perfect. My wedding dress had a weird buckle going on in the back, and she fixed it while I was there in about 10 minutes. She was very helpful in showing me the different way my dress could be busseled. She did everything perfect. I would highly recommend using Leighanna at Maybe Sew!

Sent on 11/22/2011