Mariachi Ameca Reviews

10 | Cicero, IL

10 Reviews for Mariachi Ameca

Miguel S. · Married on 04/06/2019

Great performance

Showed up on time and played amazing! Would def refer.

Sent on 04/26/2019

Monica M. · Married on 03/11/2019

Mariachi Ameca is the best, hands down.

My father recently hired Mariachi Ameca for my wedding. My family loves mariachi music and we've hired different groups throughout the years for major events-- however, Mariachi Ameca blows them all away.
    In addition to playing all of our favorites, they also played a couple of songs in english for my husband's side of the family. They were such a hit that towards the end of our cocktail hour and their playing time, several of my family members tried to pay them to stay longer. They were otherwise engaged, or else we probably would have kept them and their lovely music there all night.
    Looking back on that day, it was truly one of the best parts of our wedding experience. We can't wait to hire them for our next event.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • kristina

Kristina · Married on 11/19/2016

Mariachi Ameca was amazing! They made our wedding a hit! They showed up on time, and played beautifully! They also let me sing Tu Solo Tu with them! We were kinda wishy washy since my husband and I aren't very organized, and we called them the week of with the final confirmation on the start date for our reception, and they were super accommodating. I'd absolutely recommend them in a heartbeat and I hope to use them again! My husband is Mexican and I am American, and they sang both in English and in Spanish and both of our families loved them.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Maria · Married on 07/03/2016

Gracias Mariachi Ameca for a beautiful performance during our ceremony and reception. I truly appreciate you taking in consideration my song request at the church procession too. You made our day!

Thanks again for a a great performance at our wedding! We look forward to using you in the near future and will highly recommend you to our friends and family.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Sandra · Married on 04/17/2015

I saw the mariachi's promo video on youtube and fell in love with their sound!! My dad wanted to pay for the mariachi as our wedding gift and asked me to find the one I wanted to book.

I'm Mexican and my husband is American (African-American from mom's side and German from dad's side). What I loved about Mariachi Ameca is that the male lead singer said he was musically trained with a Frank Sinatra style. At our wedding, I asked if they could sing "My Way" (which was covered in Spanish with mariachi a few years ago). To my pleasant surprise, he sang it in English!! My husband's side LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

My dad sang a few songs with them (mom is his #1 fan) and they sounded great together!! A lot of guests asked if he had rehearsed with the mariachi before the wedding!! I believe a true test for these great musicians is how well they adapted to dad's singing style from the very first song! The female lead signer also stepped up to sing backup with my dad during the chorus of the songs. It was flawless!!!!

They also went around and sang a song to each table, which our guests really appreciated. They interacted with guests by allowing the to sing hooks of songs and encouraging them to sing along. Also, per my request, they wore their white mariachi outfits.

Thank you Mariachi Ameca!! Our photographer took great pictures, which I will be emailing to them for their use!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Maria I. · Married on 05/20/2011

We hired Mariachi Ameca for our wedding a week before, and we are very happy we did. Not only did Mariachi Ameca play incredible (in tune and with such great emotion), but it also knew and played each song that was requested. As a previous mariachi member myself, I was amazed at how professional and friendly this mariachi band was. We had family and friends talking about how they really enjoyed the mariachi band. Thank you Mariachi Ameca for making our day extra special. Arriba Mariachi Ameca!!

Sent on 05/23/2011

Shaika · Married on 07/30/2010

The Mariachi was a huge hit at our wedding. It brought together our cultures and everyone was impress with the performance. It was the talk of the night!!!

Sent on 02/09/2011
  • Rachael

Rachael S. · Married on 02/11/2019

So talented!

This group was great! We hired them to sing during cocktail hour/dinner at our wedding on 11/2/19. All of the guests loved it! They sounded incredible. My husband also wanted to sing a song with them before dinner - he sent them the song and key a few weeks in advance. A few minutes before he went up to them to run through it once - he sang the first notes and they immediately started playing along perfectly - I watched in awe. So talented and they were all very kind. I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/13/2019

My husband's family is Mexican and our ceremony and reception were going to include the Mexican culture, so I really wanted to also have a Mariachi Band. I looked around for a while and could not find one that really seemed like a reliable choice, so I gave up. Well about 2-3 weeks before my wedding, I decided to look one more time to see if I could find one. I found Mariachi Ameca on some review website for different vendors (I don't remember the name) and called them after checking through their website. They gave me all the information and seemed fairly reliable, so they sent me a contract, I signed and sent a deposit. I decided to surprise my fiance, so he had no idea until he walked into our reception on the day of and heard them playing. It was just such a nice addition to our wedding and they did a wonderful job! Everyone seemed to be talking about them and felt that they were a really good Mariachi Band. They definitely take pride in their work and it showed. If we need a Mariachis in the future, we will definitely be calling them :) I gave four stars instead of five just because the price was a little expensive for our 1 hr of cocktails that they performed. I asked if they could have fewer members (they had 9 I think) for a lower price, but on the weekends they said they need to have all ten, which I guess makes sense. Anyways, good service and accommodating for a last minute request!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Javier · Married on 09/06/2009

1.0

Bad business decision they stood us up on our wedding! A deposit was given months in advance and we confirmed a day prior on location and time. On our day they were no shows!! The bride stood outside the church for over an hour in tears, contact was made with them and they stated they were on their way running late to the North Side. The church was on the SOUTH SIDE! After telling them this they immediately hung up and ignored my calls for the rest of the day. I ended paying more money to extend our photos, reception and DJ. It was a disaster they obviously doubled booked and we had to be the ones they screwed. We did get our deposit back and they offered a free hour at no cost. Really? Do you think we would expect you guys to show up for free? Well guess what a year later I took up on that offer for my new born's baptism . Can you guess what happened next? They caught amnesia and didn't know what the hell I was talking about . STAY AWAY! SHAME ON THESE PEOPLE! The listed address is the owner's home "Jamie Cervantez" STAY AWAY STAY AWAY!

Sent on 08/26/2011