Chicago Catz

Chicago, IL View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Chicago Catz is a wedding band based out of Chicago, Illinois, that provides live entertainment for events in the city of Chicago. Their goal is to get guests out of their seats for a good time. The band’s upbeat grooves and R&B style have done just that for over three decades.

During the late 70s, band members came together to form a high-energy R&B group. For over 30 years, the band has played for all manner of Chicago crowds. Chicago Catz offers packages that aim to make weddings unforgettable for couples and guests. They can also provide MCs that interact and entertain their audience, helping each occasion to flow smoothly throughout. The band is willing to travel and can perform for all parts of your event, including the rehearsal, ceremony, reception, and more. Their full services include:

• Instrumentals
  • Vocals
  • A willingness to travel
  • Music during breaks
  • Liability insurance
  • Black-owned

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Music
Learning New Songs
Lighting
MC
Music During Breaks
Reception Music
Sound/PA System
Travel Expenses

Are you an agency or a band?

Band

How many musicians are in your band(s)?

What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?

Blues
Funk
Jazz
Motown
Oldies
R&B / Soul
Reggae
Rock

What music services do you provide?

Instrumentals
Music During Breaks
Rehearsal Dinner Music
Vocals
Willing to Travel

What items are available?

Lighting
Microphones
Sound/PA System

• Danielle
    Danielle K. Getting married on 10/01/2022

Have worked with the Catz MANY times, highly recommend!

If you need a band, look no further!! I am an event planner in Chicago and I've worked with Chicago Catz many times. I chose to hire them for my own wedding because I feel they're very trustworthy, they're very good people (sounds weird but this is not always common with bands.....), they're flexible, and last but not least, they throw a killer dance party *every time*.

I had to postpone my own wedding (due to Covid-19 venue restrictions) and Richie was very fast at communicating our options and explained that they have NO postponement fees. You can ask any band, they ALL imply fees, so that in of itself makes myself and my clients feel like they're being taken care of and are not going to end up with some insane bill post wedding. I appreciated Richie's eagerness to look into other dates to make sure we could secure a future date that works for all the vendor team.

Every time I've worked with Chicago Catz, the musicians have a lot of energy, they dance and sing and interact with guests [from afar] and they have really fun transitions between songs. The only time we see a break on the dance floor is when the band takes their break, but that's not a bad thing so everyone can refresh, grab a drink, catch their breathe and head back shortly after.

I look forward to continuing working with Richie not only for my wedding, but for all of our weddings that are coming up this year! Thanks Richie & Chicago Catz for being so wonderful!!!

-Danielle & Phil
  • Kaley
    Kaley M. Married on 12/31/2021

Chicago Catz bring the party!

Stop what you're doing and book the Chicago Catz already! My family used Chicago Catz for my sister's wedding in September 2019. We loved them SO much we used them for my wedding on NYE 2021. Both weddings the Catz outdid themselves and brought the party to the dancefloors! Both weddings we had wedding guests ALWAYS on the dancefloor and we still get compliments today on how fun our wedding band was. Richie, the main contact for the band, is amazing. He is extremely responsive, fair with pricing, and provides excellent support during the wedding process. He was so easy going and fun to work with! We cannot recommend the Chicago Catz enough! Thank you, Richie & Chicago Catz!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Rating 4.8 out of 5 , 40 Reviews
    · Banquet Halls

3712 N Kedvale Ave Chicago, IL, 60641
7732021664
Location of (Chicago Catz)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding