41 Reviews for Chicago Catz

Lighting (3)
Ceremony (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
41 Chicago Catz Reviews

We can not thank the Chicago Catz enough! The band for our wedding was a top priority. For us it was a key component in creating the perfect party atmosphere and they went above and beyond. Booking, communication, meetings, day of were all seamless. Their presence, their energy and their talent, still has friends and family talking about "the best wedding band" they've heard. They all were a pleasure to work with and our dance floor will always be one to remember. Thank you Chicago Catz!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We had heard of the Catz from my parents who had heard them at a previous wedding. We contacted them and saw them both at another wedding as well as at their usual venue in Wicker Park. We loved their style and music and are so happy that we were able to work with them. Richie was extremely flexible and responsive. Every single one of our guests said the band was fantastic!

Profile Picture Joseph, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I have nothing but positive things to say about Richie and the Chicago Catz.

We hired The Chicago Catz for our October wedding and from the very beginning Richie was extremely responsive, supportive and incredibly easy to work with. We met with Richie several times before our wedding date to discuss logistics, song choices and musical instrument options.

The night of our wedding was incredible with many thanks to The Chicago Catz. Richie was the band leader, MC and point of contact the entire night. They played our song requests as well as a couple song requests from the parents.

Our wedding guests could not stop dancing and telling us all night long how incredible the band was! Thank you to Richie and the entire band for making our night one to remember!

Profile Picture Jori, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Chicago Catz is the best! We have had them for TWO weddings. would I hire them again? Yes Need I say more. No. they are fantastic

Profile Picture F, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Catz were AMAZING! One of the easiest vendors to work with and so accommodating. We had a Greek wedding, with a few breaks for Greek music and Richie was totally fine with it. He was always open to meet, even last minute. People are still telling us how great our band was - 2 months later!

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

As a lifelong musician and the father of the bride, I can't begin to articulate how good the CATZ are. From Richie's professionalism as a manager to the extraordinary level of musicianship, this band is the world class standard for a wedding. if you want your dance floor packed until the evening ends and enjoy everyone telling you that you are a genius for finding and hiring such a great band, call Richie and the Chicago CATZ.

Profile Picture Hermann, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I don't know that I can sing their praises enough...these guys are SO amazing and talented. They completely made our wedding! The dance floor was packed until the very end. Their set list really caters to every single generation. Richie was very easy to work with, in regards to communication leading up to the big day..and the day went on effortlessly. Our guests RAVED about the Catz, and said that was by far the most memorable part of our wedding. We can't thank you enough for making our day so fun and entertaining. You all rock!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

It's hard to describe how happy we are that we hired the Chicago Catz for our wedding. They provided a jazz trio, jazz quartet, and a 12 piece band for our wedding reception on 9/23/17 in Milwaukee, and they rocked the house the entire night. I have never seen a dance floor fill up that quickly!!! And the dance floor was packed the whole night. They did such a good job mixing up the music to our taste, and there was never a dull moment. Richie was extremely responsive with emails and worked seamlessly with our wedding coordinator. We had multiple people coming up to us after the wedding asking where we found such an incredible band and how they have never seen the dance floor packed for the whole night at a wedding. As a bride, that is one of the best compliments you can receive! We will definitely be making the trip to Chicago to see them play in the future! Thanks Chicago Catz, you guys helped make our wedding one that none of our guests will forget!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Chicago Catz is absolutely, hands down, the best band you could book for your wedding. Richie Davis - owner and bandleader extraordinaire - worked with us until we had the perfect mix of time for dancing, eating, and schmoozing. Our family loves to dance and there simply wasn't a bad song in the mix. Don't be stingy - go for eleven pieces. The front line of singers are each worthy of award-winning solo careers and each musician a virtuoso. Work with this band and dance until the Catz come home!

Profile Picture Nina, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Chicago Catz made our wedding!!! They are so talented and bring the energy!! We asked them to learn a few songs for us, and not only did they learn the words and perform the songs - I think they did it better than the original artists. Everyone from our wedding was raving about the band. I had so many people tell me this was one of the best wedding bands they had ever seen. These artist love what they do, and you can see that when they are on stage performing. Richie, the band leader, came over to our house a few months before our wedding to just sit down and get to know us. He is such a wonderful man with the most fabulous stories about Chicago and music in general. After our meeting with him, I knew I was fully confident in picking the Catz to be with us on our big day. They truly went above and beyond for my husband and I, and I cannot thank them enough!!!! Trust me when I say THIS IS THE BAND YOU WANT FOR YOUR WEDDING!!!!!

Profile Picture Ashly, 8/11/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Vocals

Hands down The Chicago Catz were an exceptional band! They were one of the key factors that made our wedding day the fun, carefree, lively celebration that we wanted to offer to our guests. Richie is beyond accommodating and reasonable to work with--offering great ideas, always a quick call away and timely with responses, and knows how to read a crowd! The musicians and singers themselves were on fire, too. Great energy, amazing voices, and tremendous sound. Guests continue to talk about our band nearly a year later. We were so thrilled with the Catz, have already recommended them to others and hope get to enjoy their great music again soon.

Profile Picture Peggy, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired the Catz for our June 24th wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made! Richie and our bandleader, Kevin, were both so nice and easy to work with. The band put on an incredible performance at the wedding. Their setlist is so much fun. Our guests raved about them. If you're looking to hire a band, look no further!

Profile Picture Grace, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Chicago Catz were a joy to work with. From my first conversation/email with Richie all the way until the last song they played at our wedding, the Catz were top notch in every facet. I strongly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a special band for their wedding day.

Profile Picture Tommy, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

OH MY GOODNESS STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW AND BOOK THE CHICAGO CATZ! Seriously, I don't really know where to begin. Our guests who flew into Michigan from around the world were RAVING about this band. We enjoyed the absolute best dance party of our life from our first dance to the last song, our dance floor was PACKED and we just were euphoric. Richie was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout. They go so above and beyond -- honestly -- we had some friends DJ after their set, and their second-rate sound equipment wasn't so hot, so the technical team from the Chicago Catz stayed late and took it upon themselves to plug our guys into their equipment. It gave us an extra hour of MORE dance party and they did not need to do that. Honestly, we can't thank this band enough. They are amazing. They will make your wedding amazing. Enough said. LOVE YOU GUYS! Thank you. -- Ari & Sammy, Chicago

Profile Picture Ari, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Chicago Catz is amazing! Richie was our point of contact throughout the entire process and was so helpful, patient, and thoughtful. We had a 3 piece for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They transitioned flawlessly from playing Jack Johnson-esque music for the ceremony to jazz for the cocktail hour. For the reception we had the 12-piece ensemble and let me tell you - Chicago Catz knows how to throw an amazing party. They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night, and many of our friends and family told us they were the best band they had ever seen. We agree! Thank you to Richie & the entire Chicago Catz crew - you guys are the best!

Profile Picture Jackie, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Reception, Vocals

The Chicago Catz are hands down the best! We cannot say enough great things about the band. Richie Davis was great to work with throughout the entire process and is a true professional. All of the band members are great musicians and wonderful performers. We would recommend them 10/10 times!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Natalie, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

We loved the Chicago Catz! Richie and Mark were more than accommodating when it came to requests, timelines, and questions. Their song list is massive and the medleys they performed on the night of our wedding did not disappoint. All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire evening and we're still getting compliments on how awesome and professional the Catz were! Not only do they put on a great show, it's obvious they truly enjoy what they do. I would recommend The Catz time and time again.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Throughout the night people continuously packed the dance floor and commented how this was the greatest wedding band they'd ever seen. People I work with who were not invited to the wedding said they heard from people how great Catz was and that they played an amazing wedding party. Super easy to work with, very flexible, and had an unbelievable sense for their audience.

Profile Picture User7414648, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hiring the Chicago Catz was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding reception! We searched for a wedding band for months, but none of the bands we found were quite what we were looking for until we came across the Chicago Catz. When we initially contacted the band, they let us know that they would be performing at Nick’s a few weeks later. My husband and I went to hear their set and after only one song, we KNEW we had to book them. They had everyone in the bar on their feet dancing. Richie was incredibly responsive throughout the planning process. The band learned multiple songs that we wanted played at our wedding and did a fabulous job with all of them. I can’t recommend them enough - go book them now!

Profile Picture Shelby, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Services Used: MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Oh my gosh! This band rocks a wedding!!! We decided pretty early on that we wanted a band. We set a budget and went out on a hunt for the perfect band for us. We wanted someone that had great musicians, great vocalists and played great dance music. We went to see band after band and kept feeling like no one was right for us. After seeing them at a wedding, a friend recommended we take a look at Chicago Catz and we were BLOWN away! We exceeded our budget a little (but hey, I could cut costs in other areas to make sure everyone danced their tails off at our wedding). We have absolutely no regrets with choosing this band. We like them so much, we will be keeping our eyes out for when they play at Nick's in the coming months so we can go watch them again! To top it all off, our main contact, Richie was so easy to work with, and made sure to talk through all the details prior to the wedding to make sure everything went smooth the day of the wedding. Seriously hire them if you want an amazing band for your reception.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Our guests were on the dance floor the whole night! We were thrilled and also so pleased with the meetings that we had with Richie before hand. He was open to what we wanted, had great advice and we knew he would take the whole evening and turn it into a memorable wedding night! A-plus!

Profile Picture User7065225, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

After getting a recommendation from former clients and even other Chicago wedding bands, we knew the Chicago Catz were the way to go for our wedding day! For all the real music lovers out there or anyone who wants their wedding to be an unforgettable party, I highly recommend the Catz. Richie was an amazing partner to work with during our planning process – incredibly professional and knowledgeable. He was always available via phone when we needed him, and made time to meet with us with his band leader to discuss all our needs before the wedding. He even made a site visit to our venue and did a detailed walk-through, coordinating directly with the venue staff to make sure the day went off without a hitch. Even with a complicated sound set up and an outdoor venue, Richie provided us with a plan A, B, and C so that we knew the party would be great no matter the weather. And the final result blew away all our expectations! Richie has brought together an amazing ensemble of talented musicians who truly love what they do – and are a whole lot of fun, too! Tony and the band kept the party going all night. With an amazing repertoire of songs and styles, the band caters to any person of any age – guests from 5 to 85 loved the music. They truly know how to play to the crowd – they would play crowd favorites when the dance floor got a little slow, and their medleys kept things interesting. The lovely Simbryt served as our MC and was a wonderful hostess, introducing speeches and providing a beautiful tribute to both set of parents, who’ve been married for over 40 years. Easy to work with and an amazing show – I don’t think we could have asked for anything more! In the words of the Chicago Catz, “ain’t nothin’ but a party!” Go book the Catz today!

Profile Picture Christine, 7/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

To say this band is the best is an understatement - they are EXTRAORDINARY! My husband and I hired them for our wedding band and everyone was blown away!! They were so easy to work with up until the wedding date and very professional. They were on-time, they had a good M.C and can range from anywhere from Adele, to Whitney Houston, to Justin Timberlake, etc. It's amazing there sound, talent and range!! We got married on June 11th and we still constantly get compliments about how amazing the band was. Not to mention they got everyone on the dance floor, including my 92 year old grandma!! They really left a lasting impression and if you are thinking about a band, look no further and book the Chicago Catz!!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/11/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

If you want the Best band in Chicago there is only this one which is so far above any! Richie is the easiest and my loving person we have worked with. He goes far beyond making sure everything is exactly the way the entire family wants the feeling of the evening. The music is fantastic and they fill any and every room with an energy that is unexplainable!. We have used Catz for two of our wedding and Chicago Catz is the only reason I wish we could do it all over again!

Profile Picture User6678523, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews