Luke & Ashley Photography Reviews

Luke & Ashley Photography 7
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 07/13/2019

Picture Perfect Engagement Session

Luke & Ashley were amazing during our engagement photo shoots... yes, plural! The weather seemed like an amazing day for our photos, but as we drove closer to the location the skies darkened and rain poured endlessly. They were able to get a good amount of photos in, but I had my heart set on sunny skies and a cotton candy sunset behind us. The pictures from the first shoot were amazing and had a uniqueness about them. Luke & Ashley offered to do another shoot since my hair and makeup got pretty drenched from the rain in our first shoot. The second time around we sure did luck out with the most perfect sunset! They captured some of the most amazing photos I have ever seen during the “witching hour”! I could go on and on about how amazing this husband and wife team is and I CAN’T WAIT for them to shoot our wedding in July!

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Luke & Ashley Photography 16
    Luke & Ashley Photography 17

Rebekah Hammer · Married on 05/19/2019

Best of the best!! :)

I cannot recommend Luke & Ashley highly enough! They photographed our wedding in May 2019, and we had the very best experience from start to finish. We loved that they are a husband and wife team. My husband loved Luke, and we just really felt like we were hanging out with our friends. It was great that Ashley was able to photograph the girls getting ready while Luke photographed the guys getting ready. Luke & Ashley were easy to work with and communicate with, and they were very flexible and accommodating. They had all of our pictures (engagement & wedding) turned around so quickly, and we are absolutely in love with the images. They made us feel so comfortable and were so easy to talk to and very funny!! They had great ideas for pictures and the timing of the day, and were overall just really on top of everything and a wealth of knowledge. My husband and I have definitely found the photographers we will use any time we need pictures!! Thank you, Luke & Ashley, for being a part of our day and for providing excellent service and a beautiful product! We will treasure our pictures forever!!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Allie Littell · Married on 12/22/2018

Great experience

We contacted Luke and Ashely for a last minute surprise proposal and they were amazing and we were thrilled with the final product. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/24/2018
    Luke & Ashley Photography 18

Lauren · Married on 12/21/2018

Absolutely Blown Away

Photography was my most important detail and the thing I was not willing to negotiate in quality. I knew I wanted to work with Luke and Ashley even before we were engaged because of the quality of their photos, the down-to-earth and friendly interaction with other vendors and their clients that I could see through their social media, and their philosophy on photography. You won't find a more dynamic duo to completely capture the very essence of your relationship better than these two - it's a no-brainer. I wish we could do it again just to hang out with them more!!

Sent on 01/29/2019
  • Helene

Helene Burns · Married on 10/27/2018

Excellent, professional team

Luke & Ashley were our wedding (and engagement) photographers, and I am so happy we got to work with them! Throughout the whole process, from engagement to wedding (and even after that!), they were very responsive, professional, and easy to work with. They were amazing at giving us direction for posing, so we never felt awkward in front of the camera. We have received a lot of compliments on our wedding photos, especially the wedding party pictures! I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Luke & Ashley Photography 19
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2018

Luke and Ashley are an amazing team! They are so incredibly talented and work so well together. I had a destination wedding in Cabo, Mexico and they were so excited to make the trip. They were responsive to emails, texts, and calls and so easy to work with. The wedding day can be stressful and things always run late, but they were always on your time, worked with the flow, and captured everything and more. All our guests loved them because they are friendly and acted like they were part of the wedding, not just there to document the day. I couldn't wait to get our gallery back and when I did, I was speechless. The photos were proof of a perfect wedding and I will forever relive that day through their images. I would highly recommend them to everyone and not just for weddings, portraits too!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Luke & Ashley Photography 25
    Luke & Ashley Photography 26
  • F

Fatima · Married on 08/17/2018

Luke and Ashley are hands down the best photographers ever! They're an adorable husband and wife team who work so perfectly together! We found them through wedding wire and to this day cannot picture having anyone else capture our big day! They are extremely easy going, professional, and a joy to work with! Having a good wedding photographer is so beyond important and we are so lucky that they were ours! They made the day very easy - they were amazing at leading our large families to make sure we got all of the shots that we wanted! They are SO TALENTED and we recommend them to everyone!!! If you are looking for a photographer, you seriously do not need to look any further!

WE LOVE YOU LUKE AND ASH! :) :)

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 08/03/2018

My wedding photos were by far my number one priority. I wanted my photos to be amazing because that is something I would have forever. I did a lot of research when picking a photographer. Luke & Ashley have an amazing website. When I reached out to them they contacted me promptly. I did not have a wedding planner so had a lot of questions. Among other things, they helped me with recommending other vendors and making my timeline. The package I selected had an engagement session. The session really helped us to get to know each other prior to the wedding.
    Luke & Ashley are very easy to talk to and make you feel comfortable. They were great on my wedding day and worked well with all my vendors and my videographer. My photos were even done earlier then I had expected. Luke & Ashley made me feel special and went out of their way to make sure I got all of the photos I wanted. You can tell they truly love what they do and make the whole process enjoyable. Their photographs speak for themselves. I recommend them 100%!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/16/2018

We came across Luke and Ashley kind of blindly here on Wedding Wire. Once seeing Luke and Ashley's photos and meeting them we were sold - they were honestly the only photographers we even contacted because we instantly liked them that much! Not only are Luke and Ashley seriously talented photographers but they are overall awesome people you just want to be around. You spend so much time with your wedding photographers leading up to the wedding for engagement photos and then on the big day. Luke and Ashley were SO much fun, let us be ourselves, made us feel so comfortable, and honestly felt like another couple of friends at our wedding (Ashley may have saved the day getting me into my wedding dress!). My guests can not stop complimenting us on our photos and we couldn't be happier with our wedding photos. Luke and Ashley also surround themselves with great vendors and gave us the best recommendations. Did I mention they travel too?! They shot our wedding in Richmond, VA and they captured our day to perfection. Thank you so much Luke and Ashley for helping us have the very best day of our lives and letting us relive our day over and over through our beautiful wedding photos!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Catherine · Married on 05/05/2018

I can't even begin to describe how wonderful these two are. Luke & Ashley were so much fun to work with and are extremely down to earth. They are truly talented and capture the perfect moments. They made us feel so comfortable beginning with our engagement session. We don't live in VA, so we did our engagement session and wedding in the same week, which we ended up really enjoying. Once we got our engagement pictures back, I feel in love with every single picture. They were stunning! Luke & Ashley were by far one of our favorite parts of our wedding week/day. After our engagement session (and after our wedding), my husband told me how happy he was that we chose them. I wish we could do it all over again just to hang out with them!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Annette · Married on 05/05/2018

Luke and Ashley Photography is absolutely the best!!! They photographed our son and daughter-in-law's out-of-town wedding and we couldn't be more pleased. They were so professional and friendly. They made the day go so smoothly, it was like they were part of our family. Their images of the engagement, the ceremony, and the reception are outstanding and will bring us joyful memories for years to come. They continued to offer spectacular service even a few weeks after the event. I am so grateful that Luke and Ashley Photography were with us on that special day. Not only did they capture the love and fun of the day through their beautiful images, their service is beyond expectations. I wish we lived in Virginia so we could contact them for more of their awesome work!!!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Erika · Married on 03/25/2018

Luke and Ashley were hands-down the best decision we made while wedding planning! I knew long before my fiancé even proposed that I wanted Luke and Ashley to be our wedding photographers- we even booked them before we had a venue! They are both so genuine, professional and so easy going! As a photographer myself, it was so important for me to find someone that I could trust for our wedding day, and I couldn't have more trust in this awesome couple. I am so glad we got to know them through the wedding planning process and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/01/2018
    Luke & Ashley Photography 27

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

Luke and Ashley are a dynamic duo! They are so easy to work with and my husband and I couldn’t imagine anyone else capturing our beautiful day. They truly were able to portray the feelings and emotions of such a special day. We will cheerish these pictures forever! Not only did we get great pictures but also a friendship as well. Thank you!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2017

Not only are Luke and Ashley super friendly, but their work is amazing. After seeing their galleries online, they were my top choice for my wedding day, and luckily they were free. We did our engagement session with them on a beautiful May evening in Colonial Williamsburg, and wedding with equally wonderful weather October 7th. I receive compliments on our photos all the time, and I'm proud to share them. I can't thank them enough for capturing this special time in our lives.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Caitlin · Married on 08/19/2017

I can't remember if I wrote one after our engagement session (which, by the way, went amazingly!), but I knew I couldn't forget to write this after my wedding on August 19, 2017!
    Luke and Ashley drove up to (just outside of) Richmond, VA for our wedding (and the engagement session had been at the venue in April)! We booked them originally because we loved the style of their photos, how they captured the light, the love, the softness and tenderness, and the everlasting memories. But then we just loved THEM as a whole! It was great to have a couple photography team, for my husband and myself. They made us feel so comfortable, and guided us for shots that they obviously have more experience taking than we do! They also got a ton of candid shots that bring even more memories to mind. They put up with ALLLL the requested shots I asked them to get - in addition to their own they planned for, and we were still on time with everything!
    Luke and Ashley made us feel so special, AND returned some sneak peek shots within 4 days! I don't know about you, but I felt that was incredible timing (not to mention, they surprised us with some photos AT THE WEDDING!)!!
    Our engagement session and wedding might be over, but I wouldn't put it past us to use Luke and Ashley for future events, even though they aren't local to us. These two were the perfect photographers for us, and I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/13/2017

Luke and Ashley... wow! I don't think there is any other photographer that could have captured the big day any better! They are both friendly, easy going, and professional individuals who were so easy to work with. They made the groom and I feel very comfortable being ourselves in front of the camera, took beautiful photos (of course), and were very flexible and accommodating. I originally found Luke and Ashley based on a recommendation from a family friend. I was very pleased that they give a print release for their photos and loved the sample photos I found online and the ones Ashley showed me during our first meeting. Booking with Luke and Ashley was an easy choice that just got better and better the more we worked with them. I was also very impressed with the turnaround time for the photos, they even had pictures on a monitor during the reception! I would recommend them to anyone I know in need of a wedding photographer and would chose them time and time again!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Jesse Anne · Married on 07/29/2017

If you are trying to decide between wedding photographers, choose Luke and Ashley. You will not be disappointed. They are very professional and had both of our engagement and wedding photos to us (edited and all) within two weeks (WHOAH!). They were super easy to work with and had fun personalities, they were able to capture exactly what we were looking for in both engagement and wedding photos. They are awesome!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Ashlea · Married on 07/01/2017

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted Luke and Ashley to do my wedding pictures! Well when the day finally came, even though I lived farrrrrr away, I still wanted them! They went above and beyond to make it happen! They traveled from VA to AL to make it happen! The time were absolutely incredible!!!! They made taking pictures easy and not stressful on the big day! I am so pleased with my pictures! They were worth every penny! Everyone was blown away by them as well. Their hearts, product, love for Christ, and God given talent is incredible! So glad we chose them!!!! We love y'all!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Katie · Married on 06/24/2017

Luke and Ashley are ONE OF A KIND! This dynamic duo of photographers traveled from their home in VA Beach to Northern Virginia for our Winery wedding at Blue Valley Vineyard and captured every second and moment of our wedding day.
    These photographers are not only kind, professional, personable, and QUALITY but they are also affordable. We were trying to save money anywhere we could so we decided to opt out of an engagement shoot and met them in person for the first time on our wedding day. However, we did get to have a FaceTime date to meet them virtually and talk about details for the wedding which was great!
    I just recently got our pictures back and they are STUNNING! Every single one is amazing. All of my friends and family are in awe of the pictures and have said on numerous occasions how beautiful they turned out. We are having a hard time picking our favorites and even just deciding between which to print and post there are SO many good ones.
    IF you are looking for a quality, double shooting, dynamic duo of a photographer that is affordable, you have to check out Luke and Ashley Photographer! We LOVE THEM!
    Katie and Scott

Sent on 07/07/2017

Kathryn · Married on 05/05/2017

Great photography team

Luke and Ashley did a great job with our wedding. They were very nice and friendly. We are really awkward in front of the camera but they helped us to feel at ease at the engagement session which led to be comfortable come wedding day. And Luke is really goofy so it helped loosen us up! After our wedding they sent us a sweet gift when they really didn’t have to. It was a huge surprise! And now we have a gallery wall of our wedding photos with the canvas photo they gifted us with as the centerpiece. Thank you for capturing our day! In the words of my husband “these photos are so good, I would pay all the monies again!”

Sent on 01/18/2019

Kirah · Married on 04/29/2017

This is the first review that I've written for any of my vendors since my wedding at the end of April, and Luke and Ashley are the first for very good reason.

My search for a wedding photographer was time-consuming, arduous and quite frankly exhausting--then I stumbled upon Luke and Ashley Photography. Not only are their photos absolutely gorgeous and totally my style, but the fact that: A) You, the bride and groom, have complete access to ALL of your own photos, B) You get an included engagement photo session, and C) The deal comes with two incredibly talented photographers for 8 whole hours on your special day--won me over completely! Excited about my photographer find, I inquired about their availability through their website around 6:00pm on a weeknight. I received a phone call from Ashley--I kid you not--about five minutes later. She was so friendly and sweet on the phone, in addition to being very professional and obviously knowledgeable, that I knew right away I had found my wedding-photographer-golden-ticket.

Then we met them. And they are the coolest. There are quite a few wedding vendors out there who are not that pleasant to work with. Luke and Ashley? They take the cake for being some of the most pleasant, obliging, and fun-loving people I've ever met.

I cannot stress enough how over-the-moon happy I am with the photos Luke and Ashley took for us, both from our engagement session and our wedding day. They were so easy to work with and they kept things fun, which shines through every photo and makes each one better than the last. Plus, being a photographer myself, I can appreciate every gorgeous angle, elegant detail, and artful composition that these two captured in their own way, making our photos that much more special.

Luke and Ashley, I can't thank you enough for a beautiful experience and the beyond beautiful results. God bless.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Annie · Married on 11/12/2016

My fiance and I love Luke and Ashley! Our wedding date is November 2016 and we can wait! When we took Engagement photos with them, they also brought their beautiful children who were not only well behaved but also so funny. We have never been so comfortable with a photographer and to find a set of wonderful photographers was even better. We received our photos within a week. I can't wait for our wedding day! I know they will take amazing photos!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Pruthvi · Married on 10/06/2016

Where to start? This power couple is simply amazing. I would have my wedding all over again just to work with them! Luke and Ashley are a husband wife team that simply work. They know what they are doing. My husband and I had less then a year to plan our 3 days 4 event Hindu wedding. My first task was to find the best photographer I could find within my budget. During the research process I searched high and low for a free photographer for one of the busiest wedding weekends in our area. I emailed these two and within hours I had the response I was looking for. They were booked, but they would make it happen! Honest they were, that this would be their first Hindu wedding, but they were excited, and I was in love!! We met multiple times to speak about timelines for all 4 of our events. Their kids that tag along to meetings and some events are extremely cute and well behaved. We had an e-session with them prior to our big day, and when we saw the work they did we knew we mad the right choice! During all of our events Luke was great! He made us laugh and made our guest feel comfortable. Ashley was with us for our first three events, and she was a pro. Your couldn't even tell this was her first Indian wedding! During the wedding day they called in for backup since, Ashley had an event elsewhere. And the backup with just as amazing! Whatever these two and their team do is simply amazing! Seeing the photos from the events are mind-blowing. Many of my guest can't stop praising their work and can't wait to see the rest!! If you're looking for the best then go ahead and stop looking! These two will capture your day like no else will! Love you Luke and Ashley!!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Antonia · Married on 09/18/2016

When we first found Luke and Ashley, we were so excited to be working with such a talented team for such an affordable price! Their photos are really special - some traditional, some more abstract. They are super easy to work with and will make you feel very comfortable. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/28/2016

April · Married on 09/10/2016

Luke and Ashley did an outstanding job photographing our wedding. They arrived in plenty of time and got some beautiful detail shots, and they gave great advice about how to pose so that the pictures turn out looking natural and attractive. We've been swooning over our wedding gallery since we received our pictures last week. A major bonus to using their service was they set out a monitor AT our reception with some photos from the day! This was such a lovely surprise, and we loved being able to get a peek into the shots they got that very same day. Our guests loved this touch as well. The quality of our photos was outstanding, and we're glad we chose Luke and Ashley as our photographers.

Sent on 10/09/2016