634 Sedgefield Court, Chesapeake, VA 23322 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 1

About Sarah Vanderford Photography

HELLO LOVE!!!!

I feel one of the most important jobs as a photographer is to get to know my clients so that I can truly showcase who you are in your photos, so it seems only fair that you get to know a little about me too.

For starters, I have a wonderful husband (Rich) who supports my dreams as a photographer and businesswoman - he is truly my best friend in all his quirky ways. He is also the most amazing father to our 20 year old son (Jordan) and our 4 year of daughter (Tenley Grace). Yes - that is quite a difference in age, we know! But it keeps us busy and we wouldn't have it any other way.

A few fun facts about me:

I’m a Target loving, leopard obsessed, blush, black and leopard wearing, Starbucks (ice coffee cream only) devoted girl!!!!! Long dresses that actually touch and drag the floor - I die for those dresses, since I'm tall (5'10"). I could live off grilled cheese sandwiches and Mexican food - especially the white sauce. Every. Single. Meal. I love manicures, but despise pedicures. I don't like chocolate, but will eat an entire bag of sour patch kids ... Monograms EVERYWHERE. If your flowers include peonies (or garden rose are a close second), I may need extra time for detail shots!!!

As a photographer, I feel I have a unique style (which sort of matches my "unique" personality). Give me all those open mouth smiles, belly laughs - those are the things us photographers dream of. I love learning your secrets and any special location shots you want to shoot at (adventures are my favorite!), but if you don't have ideas for specific locations, I've for loads of them for you. I also realize not everyone is conformable in front of the camera, so I work hard to make you laugh and feel conformable in front of my lens.

And here's the obligatory I LOVE what I do line, but it's the truth. I have had a camera in my hand since my first blue Fisher Price camera (why did no one take a photo of that ?!). I don't take for granted one second how lucky and blessed I am to actually have a job I truly love - I know it's a rarity these days.

My perfect client: YOU! Well seriously, one word to sum up my perfect client is HAPPY (and you have to get my jokes and be able to deal with how loud I talk ... hehehhe). Part of the joy of being in this industry is capturing true joy from my clients - whether it's your wedding day, engagements shots, maternity photos or your family - I know firsthand those are amazing occasions, and I want to capture all of that for you and your family to cherish forever.

Thanks for taking the time to get to know a little "about me" ... can't wait to chat soon!!!!

xx - s

Sarah Vanderford Photography 4
Sarah Vanderford Photography 5

Allie · Married on 10/19/2019

Sarah is amazing!!!

I hate getting pictures taken but Sarah made it so fun and relaxed and the photos came out BEAUTIFULLY! Thanks so much for capturing our special day💕

Sarah Vanderford Photography 6
    Sent on 08/05/2019

Hannah Elisabeth Velloney · Married on 07/21/2019

Beautiful photos!

Sarah is wonderful! She is friendly, makes her clients feel comfortable and at ease, she works quickly, she's great with the family and groom, gets pictures to you quickly, and take beautiful photos!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Ashley Roth · Married on 06/14/2019

So Thankful!

Sarah is an extremely talented and efficient photographer! She went above and beyond in both sessions with Brett and I. Sarah was very personable and fun to work with so much so that she felt like family by the end of the night. We are so thankful to have had her as our photographer.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Award

Sarah Vanderford Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Multi. Locations
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3500
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums

-5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Hype Entertainment
    Hype Entertainment Wedding DJs

Sarah Vanderford is an EXCEPTIONAL photographer and arguably the best in the Hampton Roads area. I get very excited when I receive my client's entertainment wedding agenda paperwork back and see that they have contracted her to capture their special day. I find comfort in knowing she is going to work very well with me and all the other vendors and display complete professionalism....with her warm and beautiful smile. Her love of photography is quickly noticed once you view the very first wedding photo she presents. No need to review or interview other local photographers....Sarah Vanderford will deliver and exceed all your expectations.

• 634 Sedgefield Court Chesapeake, 23322 See on map