Lisa Barcelona Cakes Reviews

32 | Magnolia, TX

32 Reviews for Lisa Barcelona Cakes

32 Lisa Barcelona Cakes Reviews

Ana · Married on 03/28/2018

Our wedding cake by Lisa Barcelona was even more beautiful than we imagined! I’ve always dreamed with a chocolate icing cake with flowers…Lisa made my dream possible! My husband selected his favorite cake flavor and the cake was delicious!
    Thank you Lisa for your help, your time and your professionalism!

heather · Married on 12/23/2017

Lisa was my absolute favorite person to work with in the wedding planning process. She is just so sweet! I got married at Ashelynn Manor, and had already been told that her cakes were amazing and to chose her. After tasting her cakes at the Ashelynn Manor open house, I knew she was going to be my person. I asked Lisa if she could do a dessert table for me (in place of a grooms cake), which she doesnt usually do, but she was so excited about it when I asked her. She did a variety of different treats at the dessert bar, and they were all AMAZING! We got so many compliments on the wedding cake. It was definitely the best i've ever had. She nailed the look I wanted as well.

Melinda · Married on 04/22/2017

Wow! Lisa's cake tasted amazing and she nailed a very specific ombre look that I wanted! She was flexible and her prices were fair! The only complaint was that we didn't have enough cake, which was in no way Lisa's fault - we went off the suggestion of our wedding planner. I would highly recommend Lisa! She is extremely talented and easy to work with!

Savanna · Married on 11/19/2016

Lisa is absolutely amazing!!! So professional and makes DELICIOUS cakes!! I was busy planning my wedding all year, so I actually never even met her in person, and never tasted her cakes. I sent her pictures of what I wanted via email, and didn't even confirm the week of the wedding. She was on time, the cakes were EXACTLY what I wanted, and ALL of my guests LOVED the cakes! I will definitely be using her for all of my events in the future, and recommending her to everyone I know!!! THANK YOU LISA! -savanna longoria Craig

• F

melissa · Married on 02/26/2016

As soon as I met with Lisa I really liked her. However when I took the cakes home to sample, (yes real size cakes) I was in love. I love cake but her cake is the most amazing thing I have ever tasted. I got a 3 tier brides cake and a two tier grooms cake. Her chocolate cake is to die for. She has offered to make us a new cake for our one year anniversary. She is very sweet and besides making delicious cakes the cakes are stunningly beautiful as well. My cakes turned out even better than I could have imagined. We also have received numerous compliments on our cakes. Brides cake was perfect and beautiful and the grooms cake was perfect for my husband as we incorporated x box one into the cake! She was referred to me by my cousin who also used her. I want to have lots of big parties now just so I can hire Lisa again, she is that good!

Lindsey · Married on 10/24/2015

Using Lisa for our wedding cakes was the absolute best decision we made in our wedding planning! We were referred to her by a friend who used her. I called her to schedule a tasting and she had me meet her at her house, discuss what we wanted on our cakes, and sent me home with 2 6" cakes with the flavors of our choice to sample. We tasted the cake and fell in love! The day of our wedding there was a hurricane, but Lisa was prompt and had the cakes ready as promised. Both the bride's cake and groom's cake were exactly what we had envisioned. She was even able to incorporate a small surprise for my husband- a batman figurine peaking out of the bride's cake! We didn't get to eat a full piece at the wedding, but the next day we had some leftovers and the cake was heavenly! The chocolate cake with hazelnut filling and chocolate buttercream was moist and perfectly sweet. The almond cake with cream cheese filling and buttercream was by far the best wedding cake I have ever tasted- light and fluffy with the perfect almond flavor! Lisa has offered to make us a small cake for our anniversary and we can't wait to have it again! My husband and I often joke about throwing big parties just to order her cake. Lisa- thank you for sharing your amazing talent!! Trust your instincts and go with Lisa- you won't regret it!

Jackie · Married on 10/23/2015

Lisa make the best cakes! My husband and I chose her specialty, almond cake with sweet cream cheese frosting, and everyone at our wedding was so impressed. When designing the cake, I sent her pictures of how I envisioned the cake, and she delivered beyond our expectations - it was more beautiful than the pictures I sent. I love how she offers a complimentary "cake topper" for her couples' one-year anniversary so they don't have to wait a year to eat the actual cake topper. Lisa goes above and beyond, and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Darynda · Married on 09/12/2015

This cake for our daughter's wedding at Ashlyn Manor was beyond delicious! We had the lemon for the groom's cake and the traditional for the bride's cake. Out of ALL the cakes from the bridal show and even at the tasting at the venue...this was not only the best, it was the BEST cake I have ever eaten! Lisa is also very helpful. At the venue tasting, she packed up a small lemon cake for my daughter to take back to Georgia for the future groom to taste. HOW SWEET WAS THAT??!! She is extremely reasonable and so easy to work with too!

Kaitlin · Married on 08/29/2015

Lisa was amazing! She did exactly what we wanted and our guests raved about how great the cake was all night long! She was so easy to work with and so accommodating to our needs. I sent her 3 pictures for my cake and explained to her the grooms cake and they came out exactly how we wanted. Thank you Lisa for your amazing work!

• User4194103 · 2+ years ago

Lisa really listens to her customers and fully takes on the projects with confidence and I truly love that about her. She did an amazzzzing job on our round top cake. which was a bird cage. In the process she helped me with other stuff that didn't include cake baking. She did a great deed and she even did a better deed giving my guests the best cakes they have ever had! I would definitely recommend Lisa to bake anyone's cakes.

Brad · Married on 03/02/2013

Great lady! Lisa creates beautiful cakes and doesn't kill your wallet to do it. She charged us by the person and not for just a set number like 100 guests. Also, we are getting a cake for our first anniversary because we ate the top of our cake on our honeymoon. Yes, it was so good we took it with us. You would be hard pressed to find a better cake designer. We would not hesitate to use her again or recommend her.

Karen · Married on 11/30/2012

Lisa did a wonderful job on my daughter's wedding cakes, she came highly recommended and now I know why. My daughter was picky about her cake, it wasn't a cake from Lisa's book, she had her own picture and Lisa was able to make it exacatly as the picture, it was beautiful, the grooms cake was cool also. I never got to eat a piece of wedding cake b/c it was all gone, which says something for the cake, I did get to eat a small piece of the grooms cake which was very good. Thanks for the great job Lisa, Rachel loved her cake!!!

Loved working with Lisa!! She is so sweet and helpful and acts as though she genuinely cares about your event. Always answered my calls and questions promptly and made the cakes even better than I'd imagined!

Heather · Married on 04/28/2012

I'm a little late getting to this, but my husband and I got married at Ashelynn Manor and wanted to use their preferred vendors for our cakes to make it easier on ourselves.

I went to several open houses and tried all the cake vendor's cake and none of them tasted like Lisa's! I decided to hire her to make both our wedding cake and our groom's cake and she was wonderful.

She doesn't have a store front, but she is super flexible and has you meet her at her home. Once there, she helped me with ideas, showed me pictures, gave me two sample cakes to take home, and really listened to what I wanted.

Through my whole wedding process she was the easiest person to work with and always responded very quickly to my questions and comments.

On my wedding day, she was there on time making sure that the cakes where perfect, and they were! I orginally asked for real flowers on my cake, but the cake was so pretty that it didn't even need them! She also captured perfectly what I wanted for my husbands cake, he was even excited! ( and he doesn't get excited about much!) lol The taste was also amazing, everyone commented on how good it was and there wasn't a piece left over!

The other great thing about Lisa is that when your 1 year anniv. rolls around and you pull out the top of your cake and it tastes like your freezer... you can call her up and she will make you the exact topper to your wedding cake for you to have free of charge!

Very sweet lady and I've heard that she even showed up to weddings to help fix disaster cakes that other companies had made. I would highly recommend her and if you get married at Ashelynn Manor I wouldn't waste your time with anyone else.

Susan · Married on 02/03/2012

My cake turned out beautiful, it was exactly what I wanted and it was delicious! The grooms cake was awesome, it was chocolate and made to look like a wooden bucket with fake ice and beer bottles on it (you'd have to see it, I'm sure she has pictures available). The grooms cake was so rich and delicious too. She goes to the venue and assembles the cakes there. I would highly recommend her, shes very nice and very professional. Great value too!

AMAZING! I love Lisa Barcelona! She did a great job with our cakes and we couldn't have been happier! She made our cakes exactly how we wished. She is very creative and her cakes are delicious! (and I'm not even a big cake eater!) After the wedding we had several people that asked who our baker was and complimented the cakes!

Lindsey · Married on 04/16/2011

Lisa baked our wedding and grooms cake for our wedding at Ashelynn Manor. She did an outstanding job and both cakes were exactly as promised!! Everyone raved about the cakes. We couldn't have been more pleased. She is an exceptional baker and a very nice person to boot! Highly recommended. Montalbano-Bish Wedding 4-16-11

• Elizabeth Skipper

Elizabeth · Married on 11/20/2010

I was an Ashelynn Manor bride so the cake came with the cost of the facility, so I can't say much for the value of cost. But Lisa was great! The cake was so beautiful and tasted AMAZING!!! Everyone loved it!

Lindsey · Married on 11/20/2010

Lisa's cakes are fantastic! We tried cakes from 3 bakeries at an open house, and we thought hers tasted the best. When we met with her, she was very friendly and willing to do whatever design we had in mind. Our wedding and groom's cakes looked perfect and were delicious! We had so many guests tell us they were the best cakes they'd ever had. Excellent service and quality, and her prices can't be beat!

Breanna · Married on 11/13/2010

Wow!!! Lisa makes amazing cakes! My bride's cake was the almond cake with buttercream icing and cream cheese filling! My guests could not stop telling me how good the cake was! I loved it too! Lisa is so sweet to work with! She has great examples of designs to pick from and she will help you customize and personalize your own design! I was so impressed that all of the decorations on the cake are down with her own recipe of buttercream icing. She used no fondant!! I don't like the taste of fondant, so that was a major plus! She made my cake just how I wanted it and it turned out to be the most beautiful cake and best tasting I have ever seen! Loved it!!!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 08/21/2010

Lisa Barcelona is an amazing wedding cake person! First of all, she makes the best tasting cake I have ever had in my life (this statement is 100% true) and it is also the prettiest wedding cake I've seen. My guests commented at the wedding and afterwards how good the cake was. Second, Lisa is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. She is so helpful and wants you to have the best experience possible. She met with me several times to discuss my wedding cake and grooms cake and everything turned out perfect. I have a feeling my family and I will use her for cakes we want made in the future. I highly suggest her to anyone! Also, her prices are some of the best in the Houston area.

Tracy · Married on 12/18/2009

We used Lisa for our wedding on Dec 18th at Ashlynn Manor and we could not be more happy with our wedding cake. It was not only beautiful but it was so good and everyone one of our guests loved it and said how good it was. She made it look just like we wanted to and it looked amazing!Thank you Lisa for helping make our special day even better! Jon and Tracy Bourland

Devon · Married on 10/02/2009

Lisa Barcelona provided our wedding cake, which was included in the package at Ashelynn Manor. The cake was delicious! Everyone was commenting on how good it tasted and how pretty it looked. PERFECT!

angela · Married on 03/27/2009

Lisa was on time, and delivered the cake in exceptional shape. The cake was super moist and the fruit filling was to die for.

Emily · Married on 09/28/2008

I chose Lisa Barcelona to make my cake for my wedding. She did a fantastic job. My cake was delicious, it was moist, and it was beautiful. Everyone complemented on it. And not to forget how sweet Lisa is and she is very easy to work with. I will use her for every cake I need to have made. Thank you so much Lisa.