Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

31 Reviews for Lisa Barcelona Cakes

Groom's Cake (1)
Consultations (1)
Tastings (1)
31 Lisa Barcelona Cakes Reviews

Lisa was my absolute favorite person to work with in the wedding planning process. She is just so sweet! I got married at Ashelynn Manor, and had already been told that her cakes were amazing and to chose her. After tasting her cakes at the Ashelynn Manor open house, I knew she was going to be my person. I asked Lisa if she could do a dessert table for me (in place of a grooms cake), which she doesnt usually do, but she was so excited about it when I asked her. She did a variety of different treats at the dessert bar, and they were all AMAZING! We got so many compliments on the wedding cake. It was definitely the best i've ever had. She nailed the look I wanted as well.

Profile Picture heather, 12/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Wow! Lisa's cake tasted amazing and she nailed a very specific ombre look that I wanted! She was flexible and her prices were fair! The only complaint was that we didn't have enough cake, which was in no way Lisa's fault - we went off the suggestion of our wedding planner. I would highly recommend Lisa! She is extremely talented and easy to work with!

Profile Picture Melinda, 4/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa is absolutely amazing!!! So professional and makes DELICIOUS cakes!! I was busy planning my wedding all year, so I actually never even met her in person, and never tasted her cakes. I sent her pictures of what I wanted via email, and didn't even confirm the week of the wedding. She was on time, the cakes were EXACTLY what I wanted, and ALL of my guests LOVED the cakes! I will definitely be using her for all of my events in the future, and recommending her to everyone I know!!! THANK YOU LISA! -savanna longoria Craig

Profile Picture Savanna, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

As soon as I met with Lisa I really liked her. However when I took the cakes home to sample, (yes real size cakes) I was in love. I love cake but her cake is the most amazing thing I have ever tasted. I got a 3 tier brides cake and a two tier grooms cake. Her chocolate cake is to die for. She has offered to make us a new cake for our one year anniversary. She is very sweet and besides making delicious cakes the cakes are stunningly beautiful as well. My cakes turned out even better than I could have imagined. We also have received numerous compliments on our cakes. Brides cake was perfect and beautiful and the grooms cake was perfect for my husband as we incorporated x box one into the cake! She was referred to me by my cousin who also used her. I want to have lots of big parties now just so I can hire Lisa again, she is that good!

Profile Picture melissa, 2/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Using Lisa for our wedding cakes was the absolute best decision we made in our wedding planning! We were referred to her by a friend who used her. I called her to schedule a tasting and she had me meet her at her house, discuss what we wanted on our cakes, and sent me home with 2 6" cakes with the flavors of our choice to sample. We tasted the cake and fell in love! The day of our wedding there was a hurricane, but Lisa was prompt and had the cakes ready as promised. Both the bride's cake and groom's cake were exactly what we had envisioned. She was even able to incorporate a small surprise for my husband- a batman figurine peaking out of the bride's cake! We didn't get to eat a full piece at the wedding, but the next day we had some leftovers and the cake was heavenly! The chocolate cake with hazelnut filling and chocolate buttercream was moist and perfectly sweet. The almond cake with cream cheese filling and buttercream was by far the best wedding cake I have ever tasted- light and fluffy with the perfect almond flavor! Lisa has offered to make us a small cake for our anniversary and we can't wait to have it again! My husband and I often joke about throwing big parties just to order her cake. Lisa- thank you for sharing your amazing talent!! Trust your instincts and go with Lisa- you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Lisa make the best cakes! My husband and I chose her specialty, almond cake with sweet cream cheese frosting, and everyone at our wedding was so impressed. When designing the cake, I sent her pictures of how I envisioned the cake, and she delivered beyond our expectations - it was more beautiful than the pictures I sent. I love how she offers a complimentary "cake topper" for her couples' one-year anniversary so they don't have to wait a year to eat the actual cake topper. Lisa goes above and beyond, and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Jackie, 10/23/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Tastings, Private Tastings

This cake for our daughter's wedding at Ashlyn Manor was beyond delicious! We had the lemon for the groom's cake and the traditional for the bride's cake. Out of ALL the cakes from the bridal show and even at the tasting at the venue...this was not only the best, it was the BEST cake I have ever eaten! Lisa is also very helpful. At the venue tasting, she packed up a small lemon cake for my daughter to take back to Georgia for the future groom to taste. HOW SWEET WAS THAT??!! She is extremely reasonable and so easy to work with too!

Profile Picture Darynda, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa was amazing! She did exactly what we wanted and our guests raved about how great the cake was all night long! She was so easy to work with and so accommodating to our needs. I sent her 3 pictures for my cake and explained to her the grooms cake and they came out exactly how we wanted. Thank you Lisa for your amazing work!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 8/29/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa really listens to her customers and fully takes on the projects with confidence and I truly love that about her. She did an amazzzzing job on our round top cake. which was a bird cage. In the process she helped me with other stuff that didn't include cake baking. She did a great deed and she even did a better deed giving my guests the best cakes they have ever had! I would definitely recommend Lisa to bake anyone's cakes.

Profile Picture User4194103, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Great lady! Lisa creates beautiful cakes and doesn't kill your wallet to do it. She charged us by the person and not for just a set number like 100 guests. Also, we are getting a cake for our first anniversary because we ate the top of our cake on our honeymoon. Yes, it was so good we took it with us. You would be hard pressed to find a better cake designer. We would not hesitate to use her again or recommend her.

Profile Picture Brad, 3/2/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa did a wonderful job on my daughter's wedding cakes, she came highly recommended and now I know why. My daughter was picky about her cake, it wasn't a cake from Lisa's book, she had her own picture and Lisa was able to make it exacatly as the picture, it was beautiful, the grooms cake was cool also. I never got to eat a piece of wedding cake b/c it was all gone, which says something for the cake, I did get to eat a small piece of the grooms cake which was very good. Thanks for the great job Lisa, Rachel loved her cake!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 11/30/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Loved working with Lisa!! She is so sweet and helpful and acts as though she genuinely cares about your event. Always answered my calls and questions promptly and made the cakes even better than I'd imagined!

Profile Picture User2246278, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We chose to use Lisa Barcelona's services, as a result of her being listed as a preferred vendor at our wedding venue (Ashelynn Manor). My husband and I live in the DFW area, but Lisa was very accommodating to our needs. We met with her twice to discuss designs and to receive small cakes for taste testing. Unlike a usual cake testing, Lisa actually makes a small cake for the couple to take home with them. We liked this a lot because our family members were also able to taste the cake we would potentially be serving at our wedding. After choosing the cake flavors, we were able to mail Lisa pictures and paint samples for her to plan the design of our bride and groom cakes. At the wedding, the cakes were absolutely perfect! They looked flawless and tasted really great! Of all of the feedback we have received from our wedding guests, we have definitely received the most feedback about how amazing both cakes tasted! Thanks Lisa!

Profile Picture User2633184, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I'm a little late getting to this, but my husband and I got married at Ashelynn Manor and wanted to use their preferred vendors for our cakes to make it easier on ourselves.

I went to several open houses and tried all the cake vendor's cake and none of them tasted like Lisa's! I decided to hire her to make both our wedding cake and our groom's cake and she was wonderful.

She doesn't have a store front, but she is super flexible and has you meet her at her home. Once there, she helped me with ideas, showed me pictures, gave me two sample cakes to take home, and really listened to what I wanted.

Through my whole wedding process she was the easiest person to work with and always responded very quickly to my questions and comments.

On my wedding day, she was there on time making sure that the cakes where perfect, and they were! I orginally asked for real flowers on my cake, but the cake was so pretty that it didn't even need them! She also captured perfectly what I wanted for my husbands cake, he was even excited! ( and he doesn't get excited about much!) lol The taste was also amazing, everyone commented on how good it was and there wasn't a piece left over!

The other great thing about Lisa is that when your 1 year anniv. rolls around and you pull out the top of your cake and it tastes like your freezer... you can call her up and she will make you the exact topper to your wedding cake for you to have free of charge!

Very sweet lady and I've heard that she even showed up to weddings to help fix disaster cakes that other companies had made. I would highly recommend her and if you get married at Ashelynn Manor I wouldn't waste your time with anyone else.

Profile Picture Heather , 4/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake turned out beautiful, it was exactly what I wanted and it was delicious! The grooms cake was awesome, it was chocolate and made to look like a wooden bucket with fake ice and beer bottles on it (you'd have to see it, I'm sure she has pictures available). The grooms cake was so rich and delicious too. She goes to the venue and assembles the cakes there. I would highly recommend her, shes very nice and very professional. Great value too!

Profile Picture Susan, 2/3/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

AMAZING! I love Lisa Barcelona! She did a great job with our cakes and we couldn't have been happier! She made our cakes exactly how we wished. She is very creative and her cakes are delicious! (and I'm not even a big cake eater!) After the wedding we had several people that asked who our baker was and complimented the cakes!

Profile Picture User3400053, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa was wonderful. She was very responsive to changes I made, and willing to work with me to see my vision come through. The cake was delicious of course, and looked beautiful!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/5/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa baked our wedding and grooms cake for our wedding at Ashelynn Manor. She did an outstanding job and both cakes were exactly as promised!! Everyone raved about the cakes. We couldn't have been more pleased. She is an exceptional baker and a very nice person to boot! Highly recommended. Montalbano-Bish Wedding 4-16-11

Profile Picture Lindsey, 4/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa 's cakes were delicious and looked amazing She had lots of photos to look at for ideas, and was very pleasant to work with. Her groom's cake was so good our guests left us no leftovers, and everybody raved over the wedding cake as well.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 1/15/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was an Ashelynn Manor bride so the cake came with the cost of the facility, so I can't say much for the value of cost. But Lisa was great! The cake was so beautiful and tasted AMAZING!!! Everyone loved it!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/20/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa's cakes are fantastic! We tried cakes from 3 bakeries at an open house, and we thought hers tasted the best. When we met with her, she was very friendly and willing to do whatever design we had in mind. Our wedding and groom's cakes looked perfect and were delicious! We had so many guests tell us they were the best cakes they'd ever had. Excellent service and quality, and her prices can't be beat!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/20/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wow!!! Lisa makes amazing cakes! My bride's cake was the almond cake with buttercream icing and cream cheese filling! My guests could not stop telling me how good the cake was! I loved it too! Lisa is so sweet to work with! She has great examples of designs to pick from and she will help you customize and personalize your own design! I was so impressed that all of the decorations on the cake are down with her own recipe of buttercream icing. She used no fondant!! I don't like the taste of fondant, so that was a major plus! She made my cake just how I wanted it and it turned out to be the most beautiful cake and best tasting I have ever seen! Loved it!!!

Profile Picture Breanna, 11/13/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa Barcelona is an amazing wedding cake person! First of all, she makes the best tasting cake I have ever had in my life (this statement is 100% true) and it is also the prettiest wedding cake I've seen. My guests commented at the wedding and afterwards how good the cake was. Second, Lisa is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. She is so helpful and wants you to have the best experience possible. She met with me several times to discuss my wedding cake and grooms cake and everything turned out perfect. I have a feeling my family and I will use her for cakes we want made in the future. I highly suggest her to anyone! Also, her prices are some of the best in the Houston area.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/21/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Lisa for our wedding on Dec 18th at Ashlynn Manor and we could not be more happy with our wedding cake. It was not only beautiful but it was so good and everyone one of our guests loved it and said how good it was. She made it look just like we wanted to and it looked amazing!Thank you Lisa for helping make our special day even better! Jon and Tracy Bourland

Profile Picture Tracy, 12/18/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa Barcelona provided our wedding cake, which was included in the package at Ashelynn Manor. The cake was delicious! Everyone was commenting on how good it tasted and how pretty it looked. PERFECT!

Profile Picture Devon, 10/2/09, 5 Reviews