La Cuisine Cafe Market and Catering Reviews

29 | Branford, CT

29 Reviews for La Cuisine Cafe Market and Catering

M J O · Married on 12/01/2018

A+ wedding cocktail party

The staff at La Cusine, particularly Micheal, created a lovely and memorable evening for our 125 guests. They were creative and responsive, going the extra mile in executing a party that had some logistical challenges (multiple sites meant we needed two bars, stations and passed options). They worked well with all our vendors and they handled the logistics of rentals, removing a daunting task from our to-do list. I never doubted that we would be thrilled with the evening, and we were not. I heard multiple compliments from our guests all evening about the food, drink and service. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/17/2018

La Cuisine Cafe Market and Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback – it means so much to our team. It was an honor to be part of your very special celebration! We wish you many years of happiness.
    Micheal & Team La Cuisine

corey · Married on 06/02/2018

We cannot say enough great things about La Cuisine. Their food was delicious and they work with you for any price point you are looking to hit. Tim was great and worked to meet our needs for our wedding. We had our wedding at my parent's house where the staff and chef's were working in our kitchen, La Cuisine left the kitchen cleaner than when they found it. Highly suggest working with them for any event.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Corey,

We are grateful to have been part of your beautiful wedding! Thank you for the feedback – it means so much to our whole team.

Tim & Team La Cuisine

sharon · Married on 06/02/2018

La Cuisine

From beginning to end they made things as simple for us as possible. The food was fabulous.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Sharon,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate it!
    Tim & Team La Cuisine

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

I was beyond impressed by the service I received from La Cuisine. Our server was very attentive to our needs and always willing to help us with every step of our wedding to keep things moving along. The food was fresh ands delicious. My guests are still complimenting us on our choice to have La Cuisine cater our wedding. They were fast and efficient from set up to break down. I highly recommend this company and will keep them the top of my list for future events.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Sarah,
    We are thrilled to hear your feedback. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of your special day - it was an honor!
    Congratulations!

Gina · Married on 09/16/2017

We were absolutely thrilled with our entire experience with Micheal and La Cuisine. From start to finish I felt that we were receiving an incredible level of service. Micheal was very attentive and didn't mind that my mother and I tweaked many small details on the menu even late into the planning stages. Micheal made it clear that it was very important to him that the catering at my wedding turn out exactly as I pictured. We met with Micheal in person several times (and experienced the fantastic La Cuisine fare each time!) as well as active communication via email. I cannot say enough good things about Micheal and his staff. On the wedding day itself, I lost track of the number of guests who told us how incredible the food was. From the soup shots and fancy grill cheese sandwiches during the cocktail hour, to the multiple course family style dinner meal, to the dessert bar, everything was fantastic! Micheal and his staff were fantastic throughout the event! If you are looking for a caterer to make your wedding (or any other event!) everything you were hoping, I highly recommend La Cuisine. Fantastic service, delicious food, and very reasonable costs for full service catering with setup and cleanup included. Thank you again to La Cuisine for making my wedding day so memorable and worry free!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Gina,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! Micheal and the entire team truly appreciate your feedback. We are so glad your special day was exactly as you'd hoped and are honored to have been part of it.
    Enjoy married life and please stay in touch!

Brett · Married on 09/16/2017

I HIGHLY recommend La Cuisine for any event. We had Brendan and his team cater our wedding party for around 60 people in September 2017. We were impressed by what we read and saw on their website, and the reviews, and when we finally contacted them, Brendan was 100% professional, attentive, thorough, and I'd say "fluent" in how to plan and cater an event! It was the only time we had ever hosted such a large party and Brendan put us at ease instantly and was very confident in his planning of every detail. We felt very confident that he knew what he was doing, and that's exactly how it all played out. The party went off perfectly! The food and service were EXCELLENT. All of our friends and family, mostly from New York City and surrounding areas, were very impressed. He knew exactly how to approach every little detail that came up, and followed through with everything exactly how he said he would. He coordinated our large tent, and all of the tables, seating, etc, and all of the food and bar service. He also visited our event site (private home in Guilford CT) multiple times to scout it out, and fine tune some details. If your event is anywhere near La Cuisine, I'd highly recommend their services. Thank you Brendan!!!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Hi Brett,
    We are honored to have been part of your celebration! Thank you so much for the kind words - it means a lot to our entire team.
    We hope you are both enjoying your first year of marriage.
    Brendan & Team La Cuisine

Kurt · Married on 08/05/2017

Overall, I would define Brendan and the team at La Cuisine as highly competent in and passionate about their craft. You need both to succeed. Absolutely recommend his company for wedding or any special event catering.

Food:
    One thing to keep in mind is that caterers can't read your minds, and so it takes more than one meeting to figure out your preferences or help you define it. From my first interaction to the last with Brendan, he was always engaged in understanding our preferences, making suggestions along the way when required, in order to narrow down our menu and meet budget constraints. It's a collaborative process made less stressful by his enthusiasm, knowledge and desire for a successful event. We commissioned our cake with Brendan, only requiring one tweak to get the flavor to our liking. In the end, we were beyond happy with the results (both flavor and presentation), with numerous guests complimenting the food and the cake.

Planning and Service:
    As part of the planning process, Brendan did a venue walk-through with us and our coordinator. He made some important suggestions about table arrangement and the timing of different service elements in order for us to have a relaxed pace (which was important). It's clear he's done this before and knows what pitfalls to avoid to ensure proper service. During the actual evening, he and his captain ran the event smoothly, with his staff cheerful and attentive.

Brendan has an uncanny ability to articulate how a food element tastes or about the uncompromising level of service from his team all the way to the final minute of the event that one may be worried that he's selling a dream. But he did deliver what he promised and no doubt does it on a regular basis. Our experience shows that he conducts himself forthrightly, sealed with an honest New England handshake. As the biggest ticket item of a wedding, you'd be in safe, expert hands with La Cuisine

Sent on 04/02/2018

Kurt,
    It was an honor to be part of your day and so rewarding to help bring your vision to life. We really appreciate your thoughtful feedback!
    Brendan

Paula · Married on 07/08/2017

La Cuisine was an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Our wedding was July 8th- and over a week later, I am STILL getting compliments from our guests on the food and the catering staff. Tim is great- he did everything we asked for and more. He understood our vision, and made sure we felt at ease with the process leading up to the big day- even assisting as a go-between with the rental company (we had an outdoor event). Not only was the food delicious- the presentation was beautiful, and the staff was BEYOND professional and attentive to our every need. I was so impressed with how Brenda took the lead, and was one of the most pleasant people we have ever dealt with. In all honesty, I would recommend La Cuisine over and over again. Big thanks to Tim, Brenda, and the rest of the team- thank you for being so great on our big day!!!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Paula,
    It was such a pleasure working with you and an honor to be part of your special day! We appreciate your kind words.

Hallie · Married on 06/24/2017

We are so grateful to Tim & the La Cuisine team for making our wedding planning process and catering so seamless and worry-free. First, the food is amazing! We had a Mediterranean Chicken which was deliciously moist and flavorful! The veggie dish was inventive, not the typical pasta or side of vegetables. Everyone could not stop talking about the meal! The servers were all very professional, helpful and prompt and the bartenders were so sweet, making sure that I had easy access to whatever I needed. The whole wedding was flawless!

Tim was such a pleasure to work with, making the process easy from start to finish. From the details of the menu to compiling the rental list to the "run-of-show", Tim was so helpful, always available to answer all of our questions and give inventive suggestions. We never felt rushed or like we were being cornered into a decision - everything was on our terms according to what we were imagining for our big day. We had a pretty strict budget and Tim worked with us to make sure we didn't go over, offering easy cost saving suggestions like skipping the extras at the coffee bar.

Throughout the process, we knew we were in good hands and on many occasions would turn to each other and say "Thank gosh for Tim & La Cuisine!" We would definitely recommend them 100x over!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Hallie,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! We were truly honored to be part of such a beautiful wedding. Congratulations!

Dana · Married on 09/23/2016

We give our highest recommendation for Tim McNamara and the entire La Cuisine Catering crew. Our New England November wedding was flawless thanks to the ongoing hard work and close attention to detail from Tim. Throughout our year engagement, Tim was professional and courteous. He was super responsive to emails, always getting back to us within a couple of hours. He kept us constantly in the loop, offering constructive suggestions throughout the planning period. He was promptly on time for all phone or in-person meetings. He welcomed a food tasting with not only ourselves, but both sets of parents, and really listened to all our nit picky feedback on the entrée selections, and our vision for appetizers, a raw bar, and a festive signature cocktail. In the days just prior to the wedding when stress was running high, Tim offered an ever-calm approach in accurately confirming details, accepting our updated seating plans and meal selection counts. On our wedding day, his staff handled our 160 guests flawlessly. There was a continuous flow of passed hor doeuvres. The wait staff was very responsive to the needs of our guests, yet they blended into the background and allowed everyone to just enjoy the evening. The table and venue décor was arranged beautifully. The raw bar was a highlight, with an impressive display! The entrees were passed in a timely and flawless manner, arriving hot, and the French-inspired cuisine was out of this world! Tim really listened to our requests to have Maryland style crab cakes, braised short ribs, and an eggplant pesto white bean vegetarian dish. The food was fresh, made with local ingredients, and had such a beautiful presentation that looked like something out of a fancy magazine! He catered to our gluten and dairy free guest needs as well. We never had an official wedding coordinator, but Tim fulfilled that role, beautifully orchestrating every step of the evening. We received so many compliments that the evening was just magical.

Kellyn · Married on 09/10/2016

La Cuisine is truly an amazing catering company. I started speaking with Brendan and his team over 9 months before our wedding. Over the course of that 9 months, we slowly developed what would become the perfect menu to fit our perfect wedding. I want to emphasize slowly in a good way - I never felt overwhelmed or pressured when working with Brendan; he would submit a proposal with this thoughts and ideas and if I felt/thought something completely different, he would turn around and make my vision become a reality. Almost all of his ideas, however, were perfection. It was clear that he was listening to us throughout the entire process. Brendan and his team at La Cuisine truly cared about what we wanted. This even carried over to our wedding day - Brendan's team set up and executed the most perfect cocktail party! We wanted an uninterrupted afternoon for all of our guests to enjoy themselves so we nixed the sit down dinner for upscale finger foods that people could enjoy as they went. We started with passed hors d'oeuvres (tuna tar tar wonton crisps, bacon wrapped short rib, aranchini, and tomato/mozz skewers) and then shortly after opened 3 food stations (3 different slides w/ fries; 3 different flat breads and one with cheese, crackers, and fruit) for people to munch on all afternoon. Everything was so perfect, there was barely anything to clean up - our guests were talking about the food for weeks! This one-stop-show even created a wedding cake we would never forget. Going on only basic instruction from me, the bakers crafted an simple yet classic presentation cake of vanilla and chocolate layers with the most amazing whipped buttercream frosting I have ever had (chocolate buttercream on the inside and traditional buttercream on the outside)! La Cuisine is a very well rounded catering company that will make your wedding day one to remember. I highly recommend Brendan and his team at La Cuisine to any bride and groom that love food as much as my husband and I do!

Annie · Married on 07/09/2016

We worked with Michael at La Cuisine to plan our wedding. We wanted a BBQ style wedding, and La Cuisine delivered. The BBQ was absolutely delicious, and Michael despite his Texan instincts, worked with us to make sure there were enough equally delicious veggies on the table! I'm a no nonsense New Yorker, and Michael is a calm cool and collected Texan. He was a fantastic support throughout the planning process and on our special day. As the day approached and some things were not always as planned (with other vendors) Michael was always there with a solution or sagely advice. I 100% recommend Michael and La Cuisine - and if you're into it, get the ribs!

For those who are interest, La Cuisine came recommended by a friend, and then I used Wedding Wire back up the recommendation.

Melissa · Married on 06/25/2016

We are so happy we decided to use La Cuisine for our wedding. Working with Tim was a breeze and we were ecstatic with the way everything turned out. We were given frequent updates on how things were coming along throughout the process, which really eased our minds during such a busy time. Not only did La Cuisine create a mouthwatering menu based on our ideas and preferences, but they also helped to plan and organize the day, including rentals and coordinating with the other vendors we worked with. Did I mention Tim is awesome?! He really listened to our ideas and helped to execute all of our “wish list” items, which really personalized our wedding. Our private tasting was informative, fun and super tasty! On the day of the wedding, we were floored by the professionalism and level of service that we and all our guests received. They went above and beyond. The food was delicious, creative and beautifully presented. They are passionate about their food and it shows. We had an outdoor wedding, which required cooking outdoors, and La Cuisine delivered a gourmet feast! Thank you to everyone at La Cuisine for making our day so perfect.

Brittany · Married on 04/23/2016

I have been working with Micheal directly. My wedding has very specific requirements for the caterer at the venue and he has been fantastic! The tasting and notes were all flawlessly simple. The chef took all of our concerns and wants into account when creating our menu.

david · Married on 07/18/2015

it is my pleasure to recommend Lacuisine..THe owner came to our home many times in the months, weeks, and days before the wedding to make sure everything was in place...they did a superb job.

The whole team did a great job and coordinated with my wedding planner well. It was an unusual setting for a wedding- under a tent on a not so easy to access property (it was muddy because it was raining all week). However the whole team did a spectacular job- from Micheal (the event coordinator working for La Cuisine), to the chefs and service staff- the event went smoothly and the food was delicious and fresh! Guests were definitely impressed. Recommend!!!

Kate · Married on 09/29/2012

It was fantastic! The food was fantastic and Betsy was wonderful to work with. Even with the rain pouring down the day before, she was there to calm me (the bride).

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2012

Working with Betsey was nothing short of amazing. From the initial consultation and menu tasting to the big event, Betsey pulled out all the stops to ensure we'd be thrilled.

She listened to our ideas and vision of our wedding reception and planned the perfect series of events around it. The staff was attentive during the cocktail hour and dinner, and the venue was fully set up hours before the guests started to arrive.

We had to rent everything for the venue - from chairs for the ceremony to cocktail glasses, tablecloths and dessert plates for the reception, and Betsey organized everything.

She really handled the entire event from start to finish and we are so grateful to have worked with her. You don't need a wedding planner or day-of coordinator if you choose Betsey and La Cuisine as your catering company!

Katelin · Married on 09/08/2012

Betsey and the staff at La Cuisine were amazing! I recommend La Cuisine for anyone who wants a personalized, delicious, special menu. The food was exceptional, and the experience was positive from start to finish. Betsey worked with me to create the perfect menu, she is easy to contact, she answered all of my questions promptly, and she gave me several options on ways to cut costs. On the day of the wedding, you could tell she was working her butt off! She was incredible. She kept everything running smoothly and continuously checked in with me to make sure I was all set (at one point she made me my own plate of cocktail hour appetizers and brought them over to me, and she also checked in with my mom several times to make sure she was enjoying her food). She helped manage any snafus and offered solutions to any last minute issues (we had some severe wind and decided to move the ceremony off the lawn and Betsey managed the change in set up of the chairs). She also worked the time line of food service out with the DJ well. Overall, the food was great and the whole La Cuisine team was extremely professional. They were definitely my best vendor.

Heidi · Married on 08/25/2012

Betsey and her staff were fabulous! Great working with such professionals. From the waitstaff, barstaff and chefs, everyone was extremely polite, accomodating and professional. They were able to assist with all of our bride and grooms needs as well as all of our guests. I would not hesitate to recommend La Cuisine to any of our couples. Heidi, Owner Always and Forever, LLC

I absolutely loved La Cuisine! From the moment I met Betsey, I knew I would be using them as my caterers for my wedding. La Cuisine was able to accommodate everything I asked for even my gluten allergy. Unlike other caterers, La Cuisine worked to make as much of the menu as they could gluten free for me so that I could enjoy the food just like anyone else. My guests raved about all the food! Many of the CT guests asked who catered it so that they could go to the restaurant and try other food from La Cuisine. The service was wonder and I could not have asked for better. On the day of my wedding, the wait staff was so helpful and always sought my husband and I out making sure that we tried each of the appetizers and had food from each station. La Cuisine made our beautiful wedding cake, which I wasn't even sure I wanted until I tasted their gluten free offerings. I highly recommend that everyone gets the spice cake with lemon mouse filling and cheese icing. It was extremely delicious and I can't wait to eat the top on our one year anniversary. I mostly certainly would recommend La Cuisine to any person who asked. You get personal friendly service and they really go above and beyond!

Dale · Married on 07/14/2012

This venue is certainly a hidden treasure that I am thrilled we found. We held my daughetr's baby shower on 7/14/12 at the very picturesque New Haven Country Club in Hamden "La Cuisine". The room was breath taking with beautiful prints and soft colors on the walls. Vases of Hydrangea adorned accent tables and the mantel. The view of the golf course/pool was great. The wait staff was impeccable, friendly and helpful. The best part of course was the food. We choose the "Bountiful Brunch" and every item on the brunch was superb. I have held engagement parties/bridal showers at very high end venues such as Saybrook Point Inn, The Whistling Swan & Carbone's and this was as impressive if not more so. Special thanks to Helen & John for making this a very memorable occasion that I will reflect on for years to come. If a baby shower was this exceptional I can only imagaine what a wedding would be like. Dale Grant, Newington, CT.

Helen · Married on 09/04/2011

We were impressed with La Cuisine right from the start! From the very first meeting their flexible approach and genuine interest in making our special day as important to them as it was to us, was undoubtedly apparent.

They went above and beyond to customize a menu for us that would please our family, our guests and those with special dietary restrictions or choices. My father still receives comments about the quality of the food from his friends and colleagues! Pleasing a group of younger vegans as well older gentlemen like my father isn't easy to do, but La Cuisine made it possible. From another gentlemen at the wedding, "Best cooked filet mignon I've ever had at a wedding, the cut, the temperature...everything about it".

I just can't say enough about the staff and service. From the moment our guests walked through the door (and many hours before, I'm sure), they were attentive, extremely personable, and tremendously patient, even when I couldn't find my shoes at the end of the evening.

Most importantly, my husband and I were able to enjoy every moment of our reception stress free and the personal involvement of the staff at La Cuisine is what made that possible. We keep saying we wish we could have that same exact party every year! Thanks, LC!

Courtney · Married on 09/05/2009

LaCuisine was my caterer for my backyard vintage-caribbean wedding. They were fabulous!!! I was able to design my own menu with the expertise of their chef. I am a designer so I am very picky on the way things look. No need to be worried with La Cuisine, they made my Wedding a fairy-tale!!! The food was scrumptious, the docor was awesome, and the staff were extremely professional. They made the event pass by smoothly and the best part was everyone had FUN!!!