KaraBoo Bakery Reviews

95 | Miramar Beach, FL

95 Reviews for KaraBoo Bakery

Natalie · Married on 05/05/2017

KaraBoo Cakes was so easy to work with and provided us with a dream cake. We had very specific ideas which were made into reality, even down to the flavors. Kara made us a cake modeled after the bride's favorite cake from her local Georgia bakery and the groom's favorite dessert, chocolate eclairs.

Ask her to show you a photo of the "Million Dollar Cake" inspired wedding cake or ask her to see a photo of Natalie and Chris Bergeron's cake. We incorporated rhinestone banding and beaded fringe with floating tiers.

Kara will make your wedding cake dreams come true.

Renee · Married on 08/04/2015

I ordered my wedding cake from KaraBoo Bakery and I am so glad I did. They did an excellent job! They color matched a swatch of ribbon I had to get the exact color I wanted on the cake and they were very responsive (which is important when you are not a resident and having a destination wedding). I am not from Florida so I was nervous about trusting a random bakery with my wedding cake order, but these guys did wonderful! It looked beautiful and tasted great!

Jeannie · Married on 07/04/2015

Kara helped me with cake for a destination wedding and she was dependable, affordable, always answered my emails, kept me informed, delivered the cake on time and most of all the cake was delicious! I would highly recommend her for your bakery needs.

Jeannie Smith/Professional Bridal Consultant
    AshBy Wedding & Event Planning

Traci · Married on 06/29/2015

Tiffani Salinas worked with Karaboo Bakery to provide a beautiful cake for our wedding. Tiffani provided the bakery with my colors and ideas and together they came up with the most beautiful cake that was delicious too. My guests are still raving about how tasty the cake was. Thank you Karaboo Bakery for your wonderful services.

Jackie · Married on 06/20/2015

Karaboo Bakery was great!! Kara was very knowledgeable & professional each time we emailed or talked on the phone. I booked her completely off reviews, website portfolio, and her responses thru email. The cupcake tower & cake topper turned out beautiful, exactly what I wanted & expected! I ordered 3 dozen cupcakes in 3 different flavors, and everyone raved about all of them! They delivered to our beach house and put the final touches on the stand on-site. All the girls kept coming up to the room where I was getting ready telling me how fabulous it looked! The only negative thing I will mention is that Kara had asked me to call the bakery when I had some time to discuss what I wanted, a man answered and told me "she isn't in today, and will be pretty tied up all weekend, so just call back on Monday." I would have liked if he'd taken a message and had her call me back instead. But, I called again that Monday & got ahold of her, so no big problem. Thank you Kara & staff for the fantastic cupcakes & cake!!

paige · Married on 05/15/2015

The cake was not only beautiful but tasted amazing! Thank you!!

• User4119982 · 2+ years ago

I had KaraBoo Bakery do our Groom's cake and I could not have been happier. Not only were they able to perfectly match the photo I sent them but the cake tasted amazing, was larger than I expected, and was very reasonably priced. I wish I would have had them do my wedding cake as well because everyone raved about how much they loved this cake. I would recommend this bakery to anyone in need of their services!

Lisa · Married on 05/09/2015

Boo and Kara really delivered for my beach wedding. We arranged everything via email (I was coming from out of state) and was able to send pictures of what I wanted in the cakes (we did both wedding and groom's cakes for 30 guests). I did a speciality cake for my husband (a red velvet in the shape of a Bulleit Bourbon bottle with label and all!) and everyone raved about how cool that was. I sent swatches of the bridal party colors and the wedding cake looked amazing with all the right shades and colors. Tasted great as well!!

Kirk and Teresa · Married on 03/15/2015

Karaboo was one of two recommendations from our wedding planner. Teresa and I contacted both by telephone, as we are residents of Maryland, and didn't know the Destin area at all. After two telephone calls it was easy to narrow the search for a cake baker to Karaboo. Our contract was set without tasting what they produce. It wasn't until a month and a half before our date that we were able to travel down and sit with a cake designer. The Karaboo staff is expert at cake design, and leading us to our perfect cake was an easy process. At the time of planning we were able to taste icing and cake deletions and narrow them down to what we wanted. Our wedding was on a Sunday. Karaboo is closed on Sunday, so delivery had to be made on Saturday. Karaboo is flexible, and delivered the cake to our general caterer some 12 miles south on 30A, some distance farther then our wedding venue. The cake was amazing, sponge density was perfect, flavors were perfect, also the best buttercream I have ever tasted. Boo, i want that recipe!!

In addition to the wedding cake, Karaboo provided the mini pastry assortment for our guests at the wedding venue on two different mornings. The pastries were also perfect, and consisted of quiches, cinnamon rolls, cream cheese puffs w/ very fresh berries, etc. The morning deliveries were made at 7AM to the wedding venue. If you weren't up early on the second delivery day, you didn't get any, our guests were up early on day two waiting on the delivery.

Teresa and I highly recommend you consider Karaboo for your event in the Destin area.

Boo, Thank you from both of us, we hope we can use your services again someday.

Kirk and Teresa

Sara · Married on 10/18/2014

We had mini cupcakes in several flavors for our wedding reception. The bakery staff was SO nice when we placed the order and very helpful. Our cupcakes were delicious and they even delivered them to us at no charge that morning! Thank you SO much for our yummy cupcakes. The pumpkin spice and strawberry ones were my favorite!!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2014

Kara at Karaboo bakery was wonderful to work with. She is so good at what she does. I envisioned several small cakes. I showed her the colors and what I wanted. I feel I'm pretty laid back and I trusted her. I ended up having 5 smaller cakes at my wedding and they were all absolutely beautiful. Everyone loved having multiple cakes and multiple flavors. My dad went to the wedding during set up and he was so impressed because she as adding the lace detail and finishing the cakes on site. The were beyond gorgeous.... Oh and they tasted amazing. Kara is wonderful and also so sweet. You won't be disappointed in picking her.

Angela · Married on 10/14/2014

I was able to order a cake online and they had it ready within a week! They were helpful and the cake was amazing! We chose a beach themed cake and it was above and beyond what I expected

• Kristen & Kyle

Kristen · Married on 10/10/2014

I can't even describe how beautiful our wedding cake was!! Kara your work is beautiful and we are so happy we chose KaraBoo Bakery to design our wedding cake! The cake was absolutely delicious as well!! Thank you so much!! What an amazing experience!! :)

Jaime · Married on 10/03/2014

Thank you KaraBoo Bakery for designing the most beautiful wedding cake I have ever seen. Our guests raved about our cake and the different flavor combinations in each tier and the grooms cake. We will be visiting Destin for our 1 year anniversary next October and will definitely be ordering a small cake for us to enjoy while we are there! Can't wait to indulge again!

We ordered a cake and cupcakes along with a groom's cake for our wedding and everything was gorgeous and delicious! Coordinating everything from out of town was easy too. If I'm ever back in town I will not hesitate to use their services again or at least stop by for some delicious cake.

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2014

My wedding cake was not only beautiful, but also incredibly delicious.

Amber · Married on 09/19/2014

Karaboo Bakery did our wedding cake for us. It was absolutely perfect in everyway! We received so many compliments on our cake from the design to the taste. Everyone loved every single flavor. I could not of been more Happy! Thank you so very much!

Brandi · Married on 09/13/2014

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and cupcakes. Our guests did too. Everyone talked the next week about how good they were. I definitely recommend Karaboo Bakery.

Shandra · Married on 08/29/2014

I was doing a destination wedding and of course wanted to be able to taste the cake. They sent samples of the cakes we wanted to try which was perfect. The cake was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. Our guest raved about how good it was and is still talking about it 5 months later.

• Robin

Robin · Married on 08/14/2014

I loved working with karaboo! They were so nice and their cakes are so yummy. I got too much cake (my fault) and it being a destination wedding it broke my heart to have to through away 1/2 of it.

Julie · Married on 06/12/2014

The best tasting chocolate Groom's cake ever!! The groom was very pleased as well as the guests!

• User4196489 · 2+ years ago

Kara was AMAZING! Our cake was gorgeous, and the Grooms cake looked so realistic. Everything was fresh, flavorful, and very, very good. Our guests raved about our flavors, and how wonderful the cake was! If you haven't tried Karaboo Bakery yet, please do so! You are missing out!!!!!

Suzi · Married on 06/02/2014

Since I had a destination wedding everything was over the phone. Kara was wonderful at getting back to me with questions I may of had. I explained over the phone what I wanted my cake/cupcakes to look like and they turned out better than I imagined. It was absolutely stunning and everything we could of imagined. It tasted better than it looked, everyone still talks about how good the cupcakes where.

Kylie · Married on 05/10/2014

We had a dessert bar that was so perfect. Not only was it a beautiful display, but the desserts were so delicious. Kara really puts her heart and soul into her baked goodies! She also makes BEAUTIFUL cakes.

• F

wendy · Married on 04/26/2014

Kara,

We were sooo thrilled with the cake.. My wedding day was perfect in every detail. Your cake definitely topped it off!

I was sooo pleased with my beautiful wedding cake! It turned out exactly as I had envisioned it. Classic, detailed, with my favorite.... touches of Glam! I told you to surprise me, and oh my Gosh!!! Not only was it beautiful, it was delicious! It tasted so good. I’m usually a chocolate fan, but the vanilla strawberry was AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for helping me design & create the wedding cake of my dreams!

We loved it and all, and can’t wait to come back for our mini-anniversary cake!

Sincerely,