Joya beauty Reviews

183 Reviews for Joya beauty

Joya beauty 1
Joya beauty 2

Katherine Stewart · Married on 08/03/2019

Joanne is the best. Period.

Joanne is amazing, so if she is free on your date, stop looking and hire her now. She was wonderful to work with at every step in the planning process, from an initial phone call to my makeup trial to the wedding day, where she came to the venue and not only did my makeup but also did makeup for my bridal party, my mom, and a member of the groom's party. I don't wear much makeup, and I wanted to look and feel my best on my wedding day, but wasn't sure what that might entail. Joanne has such an thoughtful presence-- she will listen to what you think, make suggestions based on her wealth of experience and knowledge, and give you honest answers. I was thrilled with how I looked and felt, and my makeup stayed fresh all night, even with being outside and dancing.

My vision for the bridal party was for everyone's makeup to have them feeling confident and all around awesome, whatever that meant to them! Folks in my party have varied personal styles and come from different racial/ethnic backgrounds, so it was really important to me that anyone who worked with us would 1) have experience working with women of color, which not all New England-area makeup artists do, and 2) be committed to collaborating with each person to help them realize what they envisioned. Joanne took the time to get to know each member of my party and understand (and help them understand) what they wanted. Everyone felt affirmed and gorgeous and had a total blast working with her. Quote from one bridesmaid: "She is an absolute gem."

I also have to mention Joanne's organization. She made a schedule in concert with our hair stylist (shameless plug for Lena of Hair That Moves-- hire her too!), our photographer, and our planner, and she helped make sure we stayed on time all day. This is no small feat with a party of 8 people who all like each other and get distracted (myself included), and it was great to have one less thing to keep track of as a bride.

Some of the best parts of a big event are when you're getting ready, and Joanne was such a wonderful person to have around in the midst of the anticipation and lead-up. All my family/friends loved her, and I hope I have another reason to get my makeup done in the future so I can hire her all over again. Thank you, Joanne!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Oh My! You have made me feel so incredible. However can I thank you for this glowing review? I loved getting to know you and your family/friends. They were all a joy and I especially liked the dance party in the kitchen when you went for first look. Have a wonderful trip to CO. Best wishes for a fun next chapter My Joya bride.

Kelley Stump · Married on 08/02/2019

Joanne is the BEST!

Joanne is not only amazing at her craft, but she's also a truly wonderful person and an absolute joy to work with. I can't recommend her highly enough! I don't use much makeup day-to-day, but she made me feel comfortable from the very beginning. She helped me craft an amazing look, and I truly felt the part of a beautiful bride on my wedding day. Not only this, but the moms and bridemaids loved working with her as well!

I was planning my wedding from afar, and I also can't thank her enough for being so responsive to my emails, texts and calls. She is incredibly efficient and accommodating, lightening the load of the wedding planning process.

Joanne is the answer to all your wedding day makeup needs!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Dearest Kelley,
    I am so happy that you were pleased. It makes me feel so grateful to have been a part of your day. I wish you all the best and hope we can stay in touch over the years.
    With love and gratitude

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2019

Absolutely perfect

I must prefix this review by saying that I have done my makeup the same way since middle school.. and began my wedding makeup consult with the statement " I am makeup illiterate". Joanne immediately reassured me that she would walk me through the process. She took my very minimal suggestions and made me look and feel beautiful. On the day of the wedding, she did a beautiful job on not only myself, but all of my bridesmaids and MOB/MOG (a few of which are just as uneducted about makeup as I am). I had a very eclectic wedding party, and she was able to give each person the look they were hoping for. She even was able to accommodate for a last minute add on makeup mere hours before the ceremony. Beyond her actually skill with makeup and achieving looks that each person requested, her people skills are unmatched. I had a very difficult time controlling my emotions the last 2 hours before my ceremony (to the point that I was unable to speak wihout crying), and Joanne immediately became my therapist/meditation guru. She was able to keep me calm (as I could be) and really just catered too my every need. Joanne is a wonderful person with great energy. I had serval bridesmaids who said that they plan on using her services in the future for any/all special events! I can not reccomand Joanne with Joya beauty enough!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Sarah, Love...you are so kind. It was my pleasure and I am honored that you chose me to be part of your most precious day. Hope to see you again for more special events in your life. XOXOXOX
  • Kristen

Kristen Fleming · Married on 07/06/2019

Book Joya Beauty!

When I first researched make-up artists for our wedding, I must have read 20 or 30 vendor reviews. When I got to the reviews for Joanne, I knew I found the right person. Every single one noted two very important things: her immense talent AND her and her warmth, kindness, generosity and true love of helping a bride on this incredibly special day.

Let me tell you -- what they say is true. Joanne is an extraordinary talent AND wonderful human being. She is EXACTLY who you want to trust on your day.

Both my mom and I plan to continue to use Joanne for her facial services in the future, and I'm so glad our relationship gets to continue!

Book Joanne!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

You are so very kind and you have warmed my heart to bursting with joy. I am so happy that you will continue to be part of my life. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent ... awesome.. the best....

It was a pleasure to work with Joanne. We quickly became friends due to her infectious personality. She was a huge part of wedding preparations. My consultation with her put me at ease and the rest was just delightful. Our ladies looked beautiful. She is very talented, professional and had a lot of wonderful input to the whole experience. I enjoyed working with her and all of us are going back for some of her additional services. You are in great hands with Joanne. I can only say wonderful things about her and her work. Working with her was truly a pleasure. I am was totally thrilled with how great she made us all look and feel. I think I have made a new friend for life.
    ~M~

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Joya beauty 3
    Joya beauty 4

Joya beauty's reply:

Michele....you do have a friend for life. Thank you so much for these kind words. Can't want to see the pictures. Best wishes for a long and happy life together.

Casey · Married on 06/08/2019

One of the BEST wedding decisions you will make!

From the minute I spoke with Joanne on the phone I knew that I needed her to be a part of my wedding day. Her calming presence, organization, dependability, compassion for all of her brides and positive outlook are qualities that every bride should have in their make-up artist or any wedding vendor for that matter. I would consider Joanne one of the BEST decisions for my wedding. I really got to know her over the past year and she is such a wonderful person. I would highly recommend her to anyone! She will make you look and feel like the best version of yourself - she has a true talent and she is just meant to work with Brides. She will help make your wedding day a 10/10 - one of the Best days of you life!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you Dearest Casey. You made me feel like a rock star and an important part of your most important day. So happy you came into my life and I hope you will be forever more
  • Leah

Leah P · Married on 02/16/2019

Such a lovely woman and amazing work!

Joanne is amazing! She did my make up for both my rehearsal dinner and my wedding, and she did a fabulous job! Everyone commented on what a lovely job she did. She asked about my vision for my look and ran with it. She took my opinions to heart and adjusted things accordingly. She's very easy to talk to, and not just about your desired look. She made me feel comfortable and beautiful on such an important day when I could have been full of nerves. Thank you, Joanne!!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

The pleasure was all mine Leah. Thank you for making me feel like part of your forever friends and family. I knew the moment I walked in and your friends called me “Jo”. Made me feel so at home.

Lori · Married on 01/19/2019

Truly Exceptional

I really can’t say enough great things about Joanne. My experience working with her was absolutely perfect in every way. Joanne is a true professional, a role model. She immediately tunes into the bride and understands how to make your day amazing and truly memorable. Her focus is 100% on you. And she’s a warm, comforting support keeping you calm during those last few moments getting ready before the big event. My day was perfect because she was part of it, and I’m so happy to see that so many others feel the same way. :-)

Sent on 02/02/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was truly an honor to be with you in this most special day after all of our years together.
    Many blessing for a long and happy life together.
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 12/15/2018

An Amazing Must Hire

Joanne was like an angel sent to be on my wedding day! From our first conversation I knew I would hire her. She was clear in outlining the process and her pricing simple with no extras or add-ons to worry about. Day of she was such a calming presence to have on site as we got ready. Not only did she make make me look and feel fabulous she made everyone that was part of the wedding party feel the exact same way. I'd recommend her over and over again. Thanks so much Joanne!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/18/2018

Speechless.

Words can’t even begin to describe how amazing and talented Joanne is. She is so patient, really listens to what you want, and makes it happen! On the wedding day, I really felt like Joanne was another mother to me. We visited the ceremony setup together to make sure everything was looking good and took a few moments to take everything in. The makeup she did for all of us was beautiful. People couldn’t stop gushing over how happy they were with her work. If you’re thinking of booking Joanne, do it! It’s a no brainer!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you for these kind words. Music to my ears. Can’t wait to see the professional photos. When I see all the happy moments captured I feel like I was there the whole time. Best wishes for a wonderful honeymoon

Victoria Cunningham · Married on 10/13/2018

Look No Further

If you are reading these reviews to decide to hire Joanne, don't look anywhere else! First, I will start with how professional she is, and how amazing she is at what she does. She nailed exactly the look I was going for during the make up trial. But, she doesn't just put the product on your face, she also goes through the process with you and educates you on it. She also made sure my eyebrows were taken care of and any waxing my face also needed the week of the wedding, to help me look my best On the day of my wedding, she really did make me feel my most beautiful self. My family is a little rowdy and she did not falter for even a moment; she just continued to ooze her calming presence and make me feel at ease. Which leads me to other reason you should book with her without even thinking about it. Just being in a room with her makes everything feel better. If you're stressed, or having a rough day, she will make everything melt away. She is such a beautiful person and I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about her.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Zen Master. Loved every minute with your rowdy family. Hope I get to see them again. Thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world coming from a wedding pro and a friend.
    XOXOXO

ALISON CUTTING · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfection

Joanne was the first vendor we booked once I knew what our wedding date would be. She had done the make-up for my sister’s wedding a few years before, and I knew that my wedding day would not be complete without her! Joanne made my entire wedding party and myself feel like the best versions of ourselves on my wedding day. She skillfully highlighted all of our good angles and provided such a calming presence in the chaos of getting ready. Not only did Joanne provide spectacular make-up for us, but she followed our wedding party through our first look and group pictures, always there to be an extra hand or add a touch up so we continued to look our best. She is such a joy to have around on your wedding day and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Being with you and your family was like being with a favorite niece of my own. Thank you for your kind words. Can't wait to see you again....at maybe another wedding (wink). Be well and Merry Christmas.

Kerri · Married on 09/21/2018

There really aren't enough kind words I can use to describe working with Joanne. She was truly amazing every step of the way and I was blown away with how my makeup came out for my wedding day. She is a true professional but also warm, friendly and an extremely calming presence on what was a hectic start to my day. She helped me feel so beautiful and confident for my wedding. She also was so efficient in making sure my 6 bridesmaids all loved their looks as well. We all looked flawless in photos with makeup staying put through several hours of dancing! I cannot recommend working with her enough!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Wow! I am so happy right now. Thank you ever so much. It was a pleasure getting to know you. I wish you all the best for many more happy events in your lives.
    Best wishes Lovely

Caitlin · Married on 09/15/2018

I do not even know where to begin. Joanne was everything I never knew I needed on my wedding day. Starting from the moment I booked her, she was responsive, extremely knowledgeable and professional. She made this entire process so fun and made not only me, but my entire wedding party and mother feel and look their absolute best! All of us had different looks and needs and Joanne was amazing! In addition to beautiful makeup, she also was so calming on the wedding day. Joanne was my fairy godmother and I honestly can't imagine my wedding day without her!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

I am waving my magic wand right now and sending you so much love. Thank you so much for these kind words.
    J

Lisa · Married on 09/08/2018

If I could give Joanne 100 stars, I would. If there is one vendor you should book immediately that will not just make you look beautiful (she is so talented and everyone raved about her), but also just bring so much extra joy to your day, it's Joanne. I've been calling her my fairy godmother - I didn't want her to leave! She is such a truly special person. Book her right now!!! Joanne, you are the best! I miss you already!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Ohhh. I am so touched. You are a dream come true. I am so blessed to have been with you on one of the most important days of your life. I hope for many more. Love you more
  • Z

Zephyr · Married on 08/18/2018

Joanne was so amazing and I could not recommend her more. She is so kind-hearted, warm, and easy to work with, making her a great addition to a wedding entourage and calming influence. The make up was flawless for all of us and lasted all night, even through sweaty dancing. She is the best!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you Zephyr for these kind words. You were a joy to be with and I was so honored to be included in your special day.
    J.

Jaclyn · Married on 08/10/2018

Joanne was wonderful! At the trial she was so patient and took all the time necessary to come up with the perfect look for my wedding day- she even let my mom do a trial so she spent about 3 hours with us that day! Everything she does is personal- from matching the foundation and eye color to best compliment your skin/eyes, to providing a personal lipstick & lipgloss. On the wedding day she even put a dab of calming essential oil on my wrist and immediately eased me. She is such a calming presence to have on your wedding day and absolutely wonderful at what she does!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

I just love you. Thank you for your kind words and for including me in your life.

Allie · Married on 07/20/2018

Joanne was AMAZING! She did my make-up for my rehearsal dinner as well as my wedding. She did such an incredible job on my make-up. Not only did she make me look beautiful, but so always helped me to feel beautiful. Joanne was extremely responsive to any and all texts/emails and I always felt supported by her. My family has already talked about booking Joanne for the next event/wedding. Any bride would be extremely lucky to have Joanne as their make-up artist.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Amy · Married on 07/14/2018

Joanne is amazing! For a bride who doesn't get her make-up done all that often, Joanne makes you feel completely comfortable and talks you through every step. She takes the time to create a personalized look that will make you feel gorgeous. She really goes above and beyond to keep you stress free on your wedding day. And she'll stay as long as you need her for touch ups. Book her now - she really is the best!

Sent on 07/31/2018
  • Mandy M.

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2018

Joanne is amazing at what she does. She did my make-up on my wedding day, and was a pleasure to work with throughout the process from the make-up trial to the big day. As someone more "low key" on the make-up scale in my day-to-day, I was a little nervous initially about all the make-up and not feeling like myself, but she made me feel like the best version of myself on my special day! I also enjoyed visiting her a week or so before my wedding for a brightening pre-wedding facial. It's a huge plus to be able to opt into her other services, if you are local! Not only is she an incredible make-up artist, she is a pleasure to be with (not necessarily something you might think about when booking a make-up artist but you should!) She was a wonderful and calming presence while we were getting ready, and I am so grateful that we were able to work with her! I highly recommend Joya Beauty for all your make-up and beauty needs. Thank you so much Joanne!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank YOU Amanda. It was such a pleasure to be with you not only on your wedding day but to touch your beautiful face for a facial. I can’t wait to see the photos. Thank you for sharing My Love.

megan · Married on 06/01/2018

I can't say enough good things about Joanne! My sister got married years ago and used her. Fast forward to my own wedding day and she was my first pick. She did an incredible job - kept me looking like me and also did the make-up for my mother, sister, sister-in-law, and even did (an extremely natural) once over on my nieces who just loved it!! In addition to doing a fantastic job with our make-up, she knows skins so well.. I really hope to be making monthly facials with her. She also really knows weddings - she's calming, professional and makes a very fun but busy day so much easier. She's just great!!!!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Dear Megan, I felt like part of your family from start to finish. I hope to see you regularly too! Thank you for all your kind words<3 Best wishes for many happy years to come.

Alyssa · Married on 04/20/2018

Joanne was amazing to work with! She is so personable and professional. She totally nailed the look I was going for and I felt so beautiful on my wedding day. I went to her studio for my trial and she was so patient in discussing what I was looking for, adding where I felt I needed me and guiding me as to what would look best in photographs. She did my bridesmaids and mother's makeup on the wedding day and everyone looked gorgeous. She sent a schedule out in advance as to who would go when so we could keep to my timeline. I would highly recommend Joanne to any bride who wants to feel their absolute best on their wedding day!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Alyssa, these compliments coming from a respected professional in the business is music to my ears. I wish you lived closer. I would work for you any day! Thank you <3

Megan · Married on 02/23/2018

Joanne was absolutely wonderful and truly helped make my wedding day perfect! She has such a warm and welcoming personality I felt comfortable from the moment we had our initial phone consultation. She not only knows wonders about makeup, technique, and how to make you have that bridal glow, but she does it all with a smile and such an amazing contagious energy! She helped keep me calm throughout the day with humor, insight, and even some soothing scents! Not to mention my makeup was flawless. I would highly recommend her for any event where you want to look and feel your best :)

Sent on 04/12/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

It warms my heart to know that this is how you felt on your most special day. I hope we will see each other again throughout all the seasons of your life:-)

Andrea · Married on 12/01/2017

I hope any bride looking for a make up artist takes a moment to read this review. You do not have to look any further than Joya Beauty! Joanne is hands down, the best make up artist out there. I've had my make up done many times for events, weddings, etc., but nobody has been able to capture a look the way Joanne can. She truly is an artist. Her passion for what she does, her care and kindness can not be compared. I had a moment of emotion in her chair, when it hit me that I'd be getting married in just a short time. The compassion I received almost made me more emotional! Joanne's talent can not be beat. Her kindness, support and love can't either. She loves her brides as her own and will take exceptional care of anyone who sits in her chair. She is also reasonably priced! You can not get any better than Joya Beauty!!

Sent on 12/14/2017