Joya beauty Reviews

191 | Dover, NH

191 Reviews for Joya beauty

Sara Parker · Married on 01/10/2020

Amazing service and wonderful person

Finding Joanne was like finding the needle in a haystack. I grew up in NH, but was planning from out of state, and my hairstylist recommended her. From the moment I requested information, Joanne was BEYOND attentive and responsive. She was easy to work with, listened to my concerns and needs, and paid attention to every detail while we worked together. She was amazingly flexible in scheduling the trial which made me feel relaxed about the whole process.

She fit in seamlessly with my hairstylist and my bridesmaids. Everyone was extremely happy with how their makeup came out. I was able to sit back and actually ENJOY the experience because of her calm presence. She was able to keep everything on track, even when it started to get a little crazy right before first look. When my 2 year old flower girl started to get fiesty, Joanne stepped right in with special 'fairy' dust and helped keep her, and everyone calm and happy. Thank you so much Joanne, for not only making me confident in my beauty look that day, but also making me relaxed and stress free. Thank you for making me look and feel AMAZING. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Go with Joya Beauty, and rest assured that she will take of you, and everyone else you are bringing with you!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Such kind words from a kind and wonderful person.
    Thank you so much. Hope we do see each other again. And that you will keep me in your memories of a wonderful day spent together.
    Love
    Joanne
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 10/19/2019

The best of the best!

Joanne is an angel. Not only did she do an unreal job on my makeup, but she also went out of her way to make me feel calm and comfortable on my wedding day and even got on the floor to help me put my shoes on! I can’t say enough about her. Highly highly highly recommend.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

It was my pleasure to be your lady in waiting
  • Sam

Sam · Married on 10/12/2019

Joanne is the best of the best!

It was an absolute JOY working with Joanne of Joya Beauty! Not only did she make me feel completely stunning, she made my bridesmaids, Mom, and Mother-In-Law feel beautiful as well! She truly made each of us feel special and cared for. If you're looking for a seamless, professional experience, she is your gal! Also, Joanne is such a calming presence that will help avoid any wedding day stress or jitters!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Sam is really a real bride! Even though she looks like a model. It was a glorious day and she made the photos look like an editorial shoot! Thank you so much for your kind words. Best wishes for a life full of love and happiness.
  • Kelly

Kelly Gardner · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely the BEST

Jojo is the best. Our morning of getting ready was so easy, so relaxed, so much fun. She made all of us look and feel absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you Kelly. That was so nice of you to write so soon. Hope you had a wonderful day and will share photos!
  • Christina

Christina DiOrio · Married on 09/29/2019

BEST in buisness

Joya Beauty is by far the BEST make up artist I have ever worked with. As a fellow wedding professional myself and now a bride, working with Joanne is an absolute delight. She treats every bride like she is her own and makes you feel like beautiful princess. Joanne is extremely passionate and knowledgeable at what she does, and makes sure that you are stress free on your special day. Not only does she listen and make your vision come true, she incorporates your look into your entire day. From color scheme, to florals, to dress design. Joya Beauty 100% made my wedding day one to remember. Joanne is not only a true professional and friend but an amazing make up artist. Thank you so much for making me feel and look beautiful.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you Christina for these warm heartfelt words. I am honored that you think of me as a friend and you chose me to part of your bridal beauty preparations. 😘
  • Susie

Susie Boretti Panduku · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolute Perfection!

Joanne was the first vendor I booked for my wedding, per the recommendation of my venue. And I am SO glad I did! I cannot imagine anyone else making me look and feel so special for my wedding day.
    Before my wedding day, I was lucky enough to get to visit with Joanne for not only my make up trial, but also my engagement photo make up and a dermaplaning facial to make my skin glow before my wedding day (both at a special bridal discount)! These extra visits made me even more comfortable working with Joanne. When my wedding day came, I knew she would make not only make me look amazing, but also my seven bridesmaids, my junior bridesmaid, and my mom and mother in law.
    Given the fact that we had a long list of people to get through, Joanne was impressively efficient, getting through everyone quickly, while doing SUCH a great job making everyone look beautiful, yet natural.
    Joanne uses airbrush to apply the make up so not only does it stay on long (through happy tears and sweaty dancing) but it also feels light and is relaxing through application.
    I would highly recommend anyone work with Joanne - I know I will insist any friends and family to work with her! Just book quick because she books up fast!
    Even though my wedding day has come and gone, I will still remain a client of Joanne's for any and all skin care services I need.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

You have so made my day and my life's work a dream come true. Thank you so much for your kind words and your faith in me enough to refer me on to your friends and family. Can't wait to see you again. Many blessings for years to come.
    J.
  • Hannah

Hannah Novak · Married on 08/31/2019

The best makeup artist!!!

I cannot say enough great things about Joanne from JoyBeauty! First of all, she is just a genuinely kind and caring person. She went above and beyond to ensure that I absolutely loved my makeup on my wedding day. My wedding party looked absolutely stunning and everyone loved their makeup. She is truly amazing at what she does and she is so easy to work with. Joanne was also very timely and extremely professional - which was SO important to me when I was choosing a makeup artist! You can tell she is so passionate about what she does because it shows in her work. You can definitely count on her to ensure you have flawless makeup for your most important day. I would highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

I wish you were with me right now so I could hug and kiss you. What a lovely warm and heartfelt review. I am so happy you were so pleased. Sending you the very best wishes for many happy and beautiful days to come.
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 08/24/2019

The best of the best!

I cannot begin to describe how lucky I feel to have booked Joanne for my wedding on 8/24/2019!

Joanne is extremely calm, kind, knowledgeable, and passionate about what she does- and it shows through her beautiful work! I could not have been happier with how my makeup turned out on my wedding day. Joanne and I had worked out a specific look during my makeup trial, and on the day of the wedding she made a suggested change (going with a little bit of a lighter eye) after seeing the colors in person along with my dress and hair style. I didn't even give it a second thought and was happy that I trusted her opinion to make the change- my makeup was F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S. Her expertise is amazing- and I got endless amounts of compliments on my makeup! Everyone who got their makeup done that day was totally in love with how it looked - my sister keeps joking that she needs Joanne to do her makeup daily.

Joanne is not only great at what she does but she is a calming presence to have in the room while you're getting ready for your big day. She is engaging and patient, and takes her time to ensure everyone is happy with their makeup. We had eight of us getting makeup done (along with a little flower girl who wanted some lip gloss) and we never felt rushed or behind schedule with Joanne. One of the most impressive things Joanne did during the planning process was create a makeup schedule, which I then used to create a hair schedule from. It was awesome to have her do this since I was a little lost on where to begin for the timeline. She also reached out to my hair stylist to coordinate with her, which was above and beyond my expectations!

Joanne is extremely professional and showed up on time and ready to go the day of our wedding. She was kind to all of the girls and made us all feel very special and beautiful. I would recommend any bride still looking for a makeup artist book Joanne before she's scooped up by someone else!!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

You are amazing. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I can't tell you how much I appreciate these kind heartfelt words. Hope we get to see each other more. I wish you all the best for many happy years to come.
    Yours

Katherine Stewart · Married on 08/03/2019

Joanne is the best. Period.

Joanne is amazing, so if she is free on your date, stop looking and hire her now. She was wonderful to work with at every step in the planning process, from an initial phone call to my makeup trial to the wedding day, where she came to the venue and not only did my makeup but also did makeup for my bridal party, my mom, and a member of the groom's party. I don't wear much makeup, and I wanted to look and feel my best on my wedding day, but wasn't sure what that might entail. Joanne has such an thoughtful presence-- she will listen to what you think, make suggestions based on her wealth of experience and knowledge, and give you honest answers. I was thrilled with how I looked and felt, and my makeup stayed fresh all night, even with being outside and dancing.

My vision for the bridal party was for everyone's makeup to have them feeling confident and all around awesome, whatever that meant to them! Folks in my party have varied personal styles and come from different racial/ethnic backgrounds, so it was really important to me that anyone who worked with us would 1) have experience working with women of color, which not all New England-area makeup artists do, and 2) be committed to collaborating with each person to help them realize what they envisioned. Joanne took the time to get to know each member of my party and understand (and help them understand) what they wanted. Everyone felt affirmed and gorgeous and had a total blast working with her. Quote from one bridesmaid: "She is an absolute gem."

I also have to mention Joanne's organization. She made a schedule in concert with our hair stylist (shameless plug for Lena of Hair That Moves-- hire her too!), our photographer, and our planner, and she helped make sure we stayed on time all day. This is no small feat with a party of 8 people who all like each other and get distracted (myself included), and it was great to have one less thing to keep track of as a bride.

Some of the best parts of a big event are when you're getting ready, and Joanne was such a wonderful person to have around in the midst of the anticipation and lead-up. All my family/friends loved her, and I hope I have another reason to get my makeup done in the future so I can hire her all over again. Thank you, Joanne!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Oh My! You have made me feel so incredible. However can I thank you for this glowing review? I loved getting to know you and your family/friends. They were all a joy and I especially liked the dance party in the kitchen when you went for first look. Have a wonderful trip to CO. Best wishes for a fun next chapter My Joya bride.

Kelley Stump · Married on 08/02/2019

Joanne is the BEST!

Joanne is not only amazing at her craft, but she's also a truly wonderful person and an absolute joy to work with. I can't recommend her highly enough! I don't use much makeup day-to-day, but she made me feel comfortable from the very beginning. She helped me craft an amazing look, and I truly felt the part of a beautiful bride on my wedding day. Not only this, but the moms and bridemaids loved working with her as well!

I was planning my wedding from afar, and I also can't thank her enough for being so responsive to my emails, texts and calls. She is incredibly efficient and accommodating, lightening the load of the wedding planning process.

Joanne is the answer to all your wedding day makeup needs!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Dearest Kelley,
    I am so happy that you were pleased. It makes me feel so grateful to have been a part of your day. I wish you all the best and hope we can stay in touch over the years.
    With love and gratitude

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2019

Absolutely perfect

I must prefix this review by saying that I have done my makeup the same way since middle school.. and began my wedding makeup consult with the statement " I am makeup illiterate". Joanne immediately reassured me that she would walk me through the process. She took my very minimal suggestions and made me look and feel beautiful. On the day of the wedding, she did a beautiful job on not only myself, but all of my bridesmaids and MOB/MOG (a few of which are just as uneducted about makeup as I am). I had a very eclectic wedding party, and she was able to give each person the look they were hoping for. She even was able to accommodate for a last minute add on makeup mere hours before the ceremony. Beyond her actually skill with makeup and achieving looks that each person requested, her people skills are unmatched. I had a very difficult time controlling my emotions the last 2 hours before my ceremony (to the point that I was unable to speak wihout crying), and Joanne immediately became my therapist/meditation guru. She was able to keep me calm (as I could be) and really just catered too my every need. Joanne is a wonderful person with great energy. I had serval bridesmaids who said that they plan on using her services in the future for any/all special events! I can not reccomand Joanne with Joya beauty enough!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Sarah, Love...you are so kind. It was my pleasure and I am honored that you chose me to be part of your most precious day. Hope to see you again for more special events in your life. XOXOXOX
  • Kristen

Kristen Fleming · Married on 07/06/2019

Book Joya Beauty!

When I first researched make-up artists for our wedding, I must have read 20 or 30 vendor reviews. When I got to the reviews for Joanne, I knew I found the right person. Every single one noted two very important things: her immense talent AND her and her warmth, kindness, generosity and true love of helping a bride on this incredibly special day.

Let me tell you -- what they say is true. Joanne is an extraordinary talent AND wonderful human being. She is EXACTLY who you want to trust on your day.

Both my mom and I plan to continue to use Joanne for her facial services in the future, and I'm so glad our relationship gets to continue!

Book Joanne!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

You are so very kind and you have warmed my heart to bursting with joy. I am so happy that you will continue to be part of my life. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent ... awesome.. the best....

It was a pleasure to work with Joanne. We quickly became friends due to her infectious personality. She was a huge part of wedding preparations. My consultation with her put me at ease and the rest was just delightful. Our ladies looked beautiful. She is very talented, professional and had a lot of wonderful input to the whole experience. I enjoyed working with her and all of us are going back for some of her additional services. You are in great hands with Joanne. I can only say wonderful things about her and her work. Working with her was truly a pleasure. I am was totally thrilled with how great she made us all look and feel. I think I have made a new friend for life.
    ~M~

Sent on 06/18/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Michele....you do have a friend for life. Thank you so much for these kind words. Can't want to see the pictures. Best wishes for a long and happy life together.

Casey · Married on 06/08/2019

One of the BEST wedding decisions you will make!

From the minute I spoke with Joanne on the phone I knew that I needed her to be a part of my wedding day. Her calming presence, organization, dependability, compassion for all of her brides and positive outlook are qualities that every bride should have in their make-up artist or any wedding vendor for that matter. I would consider Joanne one of the BEST decisions for my wedding. I really got to know her over the past year and she is such a wonderful person. I would highly recommend her to anyone! She will make you look and feel like the best version of yourself - she has a true talent and she is just meant to work with Brides. She will help make your wedding day a 10/10 - one of the Best days of you life!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you Dearest Casey. You made me feel like a rock star and an important part of your most important day. So happy you came into my life and I hope you will be forever more
  • Leah

Leah P · Married on 02/16/2019

Such a lovely woman and amazing work!

Joanne is amazing! She did my make up for both my rehearsal dinner and my wedding, and she did a fabulous job! Everyone commented on what a lovely job she did. She asked about my vision for my look and ran with it. She took my opinions to heart and adjusted things accordingly. She's very easy to talk to, and not just about your desired look. She made me feel comfortable and beautiful on such an important day when I could have been full of nerves. Thank you, Joanne!!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

The pleasure was all mine Leah. Thank you for making me feel like part of your forever friends and family. I knew the moment I walked in and your friends called me “Jo”. Made me feel so at home.

Lori · Married on 01/19/2019

Truly Exceptional

I really can’t say enough great things about Joanne. My experience working with her was absolutely perfect in every way. Joanne is a true professional, a role model. She immediately tunes into the bride and understands how to make your day amazing and truly memorable. Her focus is 100% on you. And she’s a warm, comforting support keeping you calm during those last few moments getting ready before the big event. My day was perfect because she was part of it, and I’m so happy to see that so many others feel the same way. :-)

Sent on 02/02/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was truly an honor to be with you in this most special day after all of our years together.
    Many blessing for a long and happy life together.
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 12/15/2018

An Amazing Must Hire

Joanne was like an angel sent to be on my wedding day! From our first conversation I knew I would hire her. She was clear in outlining the process and her pricing simple with no extras or add-ons to worry about. Day of she was such a calming presence to have on site as we got ready. Not only did she make make me look and feel fabulous she made everyone that was part of the wedding party feel the exact same way. I'd recommend her over and over again. Thanks so much Joanne!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/18/2018

Speechless.

Words can’t even begin to describe how amazing and talented Joanne is. She is so patient, really listens to what you want, and makes it happen! On the wedding day, I really felt like Joanne was another mother to me. We visited the ceremony setup together to make sure everything was looking good and took a few moments to take everything in. The makeup she did for all of us was beautiful. People couldn’t stop gushing over how happy they were with her work. If you’re thinking of booking Joanne, do it! It’s a no brainer!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you for these kind words. Music to my ears. Can’t wait to see the professional photos. When I see all the happy moments captured I feel like I was there the whole time. Best wishes for a wonderful honeymoon

Victoria Cunningham · Married on 10/13/2018

Look No Further

If you are reading these reviews to decide to hire Joanne, don't look anywhere else! First, I will start with how professional she is, and how amazing she is at what she does. She nailed exactly the look I was going for during the make up trial. But, she doesn't just put the product on your face, she also goes through the process with you and educates you on it. She also made sure my eyebrows were taken care of and any waxing my face also needed the week of the wedding, to help me look my best On the day of my wedding, she really did make me feel my most beautiful self. My family is a little rowdy and she did not falter for even a moment; she just continued to ooze her calming presence and make me feel at ease. Which leads me to other reason you should book with her without even thinking about it. Just being in a room with her makes everything feel better. If you're stressed, or having a rough day, she will make everything melt away. She is such a beautiful person and I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about her.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Zen Master. Loved every minute with your rowdy family. Hope I get to see them again. Thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world coming from a wedding pro and a friend.
    XOXOXO

ALISON CUTTING · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfection

Joanne was the first vendor we booked once I knew what our wedding date would be. She had done the make-up for my sister’s wedding a few years before, and I knew that my wedding day would not be complete without her! Joanne made my entire wedding party and myself feel like the best versions of ourselves on my wedding day. She skillfully highlighted all of our good angles and provided such a calming presence in the chaos of getting ready. Not only did Joanne provide spectacular make-up for us, but she followed our wedding party through our first look and group pictures, always there to be an extra hand or add a touch up so we continued to look our best. She is such a joy to have around on your wedding day and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Being with you and your family was like being with a favorite niece of my own. Thank you for your kind words. Can't wait to see you again....at maybe another wedding (wink). Be well and Merry Christmas.

Kerri · Married on 09/21/2018

There really aren't enough kind words I can use to describe working with Joanne. She was truly amazing every step of the way and I was blown away with how my makeup came out for my wedding day. She is a true professional but also warm, friendly and an extremely calming presence on what was a hectic start to my day. She helped me feel so beautiful and confident for my wedding. She also was so efficient in making sure my 6 bridesmaids all loved their looks as well. We all looked flawless in photos with makeup staying put through several hours of dancing! I cannot recommend working with her enough!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Wow! I am so happy right now. Thank you ever so much. It was a pleasure getting to know you. I wish you all the best for many more happy events in your lives.
    Best wishes Lovely

Caitlin · Married on 09/15/2018

I do not even know where to begin. Joanne was everything I never knew I needed on my wedding day. Starting from the moment I booked her, she was responsive, extremely knowledgeable and professional. She made this entire process so fun and made not only me, but my entire wedding party and mother feel and look their absolute best! All of us had different looks and needs and Joanne was amazing! In addition to beautiful makeup, she also was so calming on the wedding day. Joanne was my fairy godmother and I honestly can't imagine my wedding day without her!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

I am waving my magic wand right now and sending you so much love. Thank you so much for these kind words.

Lisa · Married on 09/08/2018

If I could give Joanne 100 stars, I would. If there is one vendor you should book immediately that will not just make you look beautiful (she is so talented and everyone raved about her), but also just bring so much extra joy to your day, it's Joanne. I've been calling her my fairy godmother - I didn't want her to leave! She is such a truly special person. Book her right now!!! Joanne, you are the best! I miss you already!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Ohhh. I am so touched. You are a dream come true. I am so blessed to have been with you on one of the most important days of your life. I hope for many more. Love you more

Megan · Married on 09/02/2018

I don't even know where to begin! Joanne is simply amazing. Joanne was one of the first vendors I booked for my wedding. From the very beginning when I contacted her, I knew it would be the right fit. She was enthusiastic about my wedding from the start. She is very organized and detailed. She provided me with a packet of information with rates and all of the information I needed to know about her services. I saw Joanne several times for facials before my wedding, so we got to know each other well. She is so attentive and genuine, not to mention TALENTED. For my make-up trial, both my mom and sister came with me. They each had their make-up trial, too, and they were floored by Joanne's expertise and service. My mom still talks about this day and says it is the most beautiful she has ever felt! The day of my wedding, Joanne kept everyone calm and collected. She was SO patient with everyone and made all 7 of my bridesmaids and 3 mothers feel and look incredible. Joanne makes you feel like family. If you are thinking about booking with Joanne, do NOT even think twice about this. She is absolutely incredible and a JOY to work with. You will not regret it!! Love, Megan

Sent on 09/18/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Megan...I can't even begin to say thank you for these kind words. Such high praise coming from someone I love and respect so much. Hope we stay forever friends. It was so cool running into you and Jason on your mini-moon too in Bar Harbor. All my love. J
  • Z

Zephyr · Married on 08/18/2018

Joanne was so amazing and I could not recommend her more. She is so kind-hearted, warm, and easy to work with, making her a great addition to a wedding entourage and calming influence. The make up was flawless for all of us and lasted all night, even through sweaty dancing. She is the best!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you Zephyr for these kind words. You were a joy to be with and I was so honored to be included in your special day.
    J.