Joya beauty Reviews

172 | Dover, NH

172 Reviews for Joya beauty

Jessica · Married on 11/18/2018

Speechless.

Words can’t even begin to describe how amazing and talented Joanne is. She is so patient, really listens to what you want, and makes it happen! On the wedding day, I really felt like Joanne was another mother to me. We visited the ceremony setup together to make sure everything was looking good and took a few moments to take everything in. The makeup she did for all of us was beautiful. People couldn’t stop gushing over how happy they were with her work. If you’re thinking of booking Joanne, do it! It’s a no brainer!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you for these kind words. Music to my ears. Can’t wait to see the professional photos. When I see all the happy moments captured I feel like I was there the whole time. Best wishes for a wonderful honeymoon

Victoria Nakis · Married on 10/13/2018

Look No Further

If you are reading these reviews to decide to hire Joanne, don't look anywhere else! First, I will start with how professional she is, and how amazing she is at what she does. She nailed exactly the look I was going for during the make up trial. But, she doesn't just put the product on your face, she also goes through the process with you and educates you on it. She also made sure my eyebrows were taken care of and any waxing my face also needed the week of the wedding, to help me look my best On the day of my wedding, she really did make me feel my most beautiful self. My family is a little rowdy and she did not falter for even a moment; she just continued to ooze her calming presence and make me feel at ease. Which leads me to other reason you should book with her without even thinking about it. Just being in a room with her makes everything feel better. If you're stressed, or having a rough day, she will make everything melt away. She is such a beautiful person and I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about her.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Zen Master. Loved every minute with your rowdy family. Hope I get to see them again. Thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world coming from a wedding pro and a friend. XOXOXO

Kerri · Married on 09/21/2018

There really aren't enough kind words I can use to describe working with Joanne. She was truly amazing every step of the way and I was blown away with how my makeup came out for my wedding day. She is a true professional but also warm, friendly and an extremely calming presence on what was a hectic start to my day. She helped me feel so beautiful and confident for my wedding. She also was so efficient in making sure my 6 bridesmaids all loved their looks as well. We all looked flawless in photos with makeup staying put through several hours of dancing! I cannot recommend working with her enough!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Wow! I am so happy right now. Thank you ever so much. It was a pleasure getting to know you. I wish you all the best for many more happy events in your lives. Best wishes Lovely

Caitlin · Married on 09/15/2018

I do not even know where to begin. Joanne was everything I never knew I needed on my wedding day. Starting from the moment I booked her, she was responsive, extremely knowledgeable and professional. She made this entire process so fun and made not only me, but my entire wedding party and mother feel and look their absolute best! All of us had different looks and needs and Joanne was amazing! In addition to beautiful makeup, she also was so calming on the wedding day. Joanne was my fairy godmother and I honestly can't imagine my wedding day without her!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

I am waving my magic wand right now and sending you so much love. Thank you so much for these kind words. J

Lisa · Married on 09/08/2018

If I could give Joanne 100 stars, I would. If there is one vendor you should book immediately that will not just make you look beautiful (she is so talented and everyone raved about her), but also just bring so much extra joy to your day, it's Joanne. I've been calling her my fairy godmother - I didn't want her to leave! She is such a truly special person. Book her right now!!! Joanne, you are the best! I miss you already!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Ohhh. I am so touched. You are a dream come true. I am so blessed to have been with you on one of the most important days of your life. I hope for many more. Love you more
  • Z

Zephyr · Married on 08/18/2018

Joanne was so amazing and I could not recommend her more. She is so kind-hearted, warm, and easy to work with, making her a great addition to a wedding entourage and calming influence. The make up was flawless for all of us and lasted all night, even through sweaty dancing. She is the best!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you Zephyr for these kind words. You were a joy to be with and I was so honored to be included in your special day. J.

Jaclyn · Married on 08/10/2018

Joanne was wonderful! At the trial she was so patient and took all the time necessary to come up with the perfect look for my wedding day- she even let my mom do a trial so she spent about 3 hours with us that day! Everything she does is personal- from matching the foundation and eye color to best compliment your skin/eyes, to providing a personal lipstick & lipgloss. On the wedding day she even put a dab of calming essential oil on my wrist and immediately eased me. She is such a calming presence to have on your wedding day and absolutely wonderful at what she does!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

I just love you. Thank you for your kind words and for including me in your life.

Allie · Married on 07/20/2018

Joanne was AMAZING! She did my make-up for my rehearsal dinner as well as my wedding. She did such an incredible job on my make-up. Not only did she make me look beautiful, but so always helped me to feel beautiful. Joanne was extremely responsive to any and all texts/emails and I always felt supported by her. My family has already talked about booking Joanne for the next event/wedding. Any bride would be extremely lucky to have Joanne as their make-up artist.

Amy · Married on 07/14/2018

Joanne is amazing! For a bride who doesn't get her make-up done all that often, Joanne makes you feel completely comfortable and talks you through every step. She takes the time to create a personalized look that will make you feel gorgeous. She really goes above and beyond to keep you stress free on your wedding day. And she'll stay as long as you need her for touch ups. Book her now - she really is the best!

• Mandy M.

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2018

Joanne is amazing at what she does. She did my make-up on my wedding day, and was a pleasure to work with throughout the process from the make-up trial to the big day. As someone more "low key" on the make-up scale in my day-to-day, I was a little nervous initially about all the make-up and not feeling like myself, but she made me feel like the best version of myself on my special day! I also enjoyed visiting her a week or so before my wedding for a brightening pre-wedding facial. It's a huge plus to be able to opt into her other services, if you are local! Not only is she an incredible make-up artist, she is a pleasure to be with (not necessarily something you might think about when booking a make-up artist but you should!) She was a wonderful and calming presence while we were getting ready, and I am so grateful that we were able to work with her! I highly recommend Joya Beauty for all your make-up and beauty needs. Thank you so much Joanne!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank YOU Amanda. It was such a pleasure to be with you not only on your wedding day but to touch your beautiful face for a facial. I can’t wait to see the photos. Thank you for sharing My Love.

megan · Married on 06/01/2018

I can't say enough good things about Joanne! My sister got married years ago and used her. Fast forward to my own wedding day and she was my first pick. She did an incredible job - kept me looking like me and also did the make-up for my mother, sister, sister-in-law, and even did (an extremely natural) once over on my nieces who just loved it!! In addition to doing a fantastic job with our make-up, she knows skins so well.. I really hope to be making monthly facials with her. She also really knows weddings - she's calming, professional and makes a very fun but busy day so much easier. She's just great!!!!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Dear Megan, I felt like part of your family from start to finish. I hope to see you regularly too! Thank you for all your kind words<3 Best wishes for many happy years to come.

Alyssa · Married on 04/20/2018

Joanne was amazing to work with! She is so personable and professional. She totally nailed the look I was going for and I felt so beautiful on my wedding day. I went to her studio for my trial and she was so patient in discussing what I was looking for, adding where I felt I needed me and guiding me as to what would look best in photographs. She did my bridesmaids and mother's makeup on the wedding day and everyone looked gorgeous. She sent a schedule out in advance as to who would go when so we could keep to my timeline. I would highly recommend Joanne to any bride who wants to feel their absolute best on their wedding day!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

Alyssa, these compliments coming from a respected professional in the business is music to my ears. I wish you lived closer. I would work for you any day! Thank you <3

Megan · Married on 02/23/2018

Joanne was absolutely wonderful and truly helped make my wedding day perfect! She has such a warm and welcoming personality I felt comfortable from the moment we had our initial phone consultation. She not only knows wonders about makeup, technique, and how to make you have that bridal glow, but she does it all with a smile and such an amazing contagious energy! She helped keep me calm throughout the day with humor, insight, and even some soothing scents! Not to mention my makeup was flawless. I would highly recommend her for any event where you want to look and feel your best :)

Sent on 04/12/2018

Joya beauty's reply:

It warms my heart to know that this is how you felt on your most special day. I hope we will see each other again throughout all the seasons of your life:-)

Andrea · Married on 12/01/2017

I hope any bride looking for a make up artist takes a moment to read this review. You do not have to look any further than Joya Beauty! Joanne is hands down, the best make up artist out there. I've had my make up done many times for events, weddings, etc., but nobody has been able to capture a look the way Joanne can. She truly is an artist. Her passion for what she does, her care and kindness can not be compared. I had a moment of emotion in her chair, when it hit me that I'd be getting married in just a short time. The compassion I received almost made me more emotional! Joanne's talent can not be beat. Her kindness, support and love can't either. She loves her brides as her own and will take exceptional care of anyone who sits in her chair. She is also reasonably priced! You can not get any better than Joya Beauty!!

Kristin · Married on 11/25/2017

If you want a very talented makeup artist who makes you feel special from your first phone consult Joanne is the artist for you. Being someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup everyday I was a little anxious for my makeup trial and I had no idea what my makeup should look like on my wedding day. I told Joanne this, and she knew exactly what makeup and color combinations to use to make me feel beautiful. She used just enough makeup to make me look more natural, like I had asked, but also the perfect amount to look really great in pictures. Not only did she make me feel special and calm the morning of the wedding, she made everyone in the wedding party look beautiful and excited for the day too. Some words to describe Joanne would be professional, personable and attentive; my entire bridal party just loved her because she listens to exactly what you are thinking, and makes you look the best you have ever looked. We had a very early getting ready time the day of my wedding, Joanne was there extremely early to set up and made sure to stay until I was stepping into the car on the way to the church. She did touch ups on each person to make sure their makeup was perfect; our makeup stayed on and looked beautiful through the wedding (tears and all) and stayed perfect all the way until the after party...and for some into the next morning! She is truly talented and passionate about what she does and she made the entire morning so special, she will be like a part of your family by the end of the wedding process..I already can't wait to see her again!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

You have fulfilled my heart's desire. Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope we are friends for a long long time to come. Best wishes for a joyous holiday season with your lovely husband.

Jaymie · Married on 10/27/2017

Working with Joanne was an awesome experience. Joanne makes you feel comfortable from your initial correspondence, through to your trial and through to the big day! She really takes the time to listen to what your vision is and offers her professional opinion. My family and bridal party also had their make-up done the day of the wedding and they couldn't stop raving about her and her style. Her application of make-up is flawless!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you Jaymie. The pleasure was mine and I appreciate your kind words. Hope to see you again when you come to Maine to visit<3

Sara · Married on 10/14/2017

Joanne was not only super professional but amazing at what she does. She made me feel like a queen on my special day. She has so much talent and passion in what she does. She matched my skin perfectly and my personal lipstick set she gave me I am now obsessed with! I am so happy that I found her because she did such an amazing job. She made my whole bridal party shine. I would refer Joanne to any who needed their makeup done! Words can't describe how happy I was!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

I am proud to have attended to your bridal beauty preparations. You description of how you felt means the world to me. So thrilled you love your lipstick set. I know how important it was for you to feel and look like yourself. Did your groom tell you we rode in the elevator together? Love to you both and best wishes for a wonderful life together.

Ally · Married on 10/08/2017

Joanne was not just a makeup artist the morning of my wedding; it felt like I had another friend there with me! She took great care of my bridesmaids, mom, mother in law, and myself. During the trial, Joanne was careful to explore makeup with me (I am not very knowledgeable with makeup) and she promised to make me look like myself, just the bride version. For the big day, I felt confident and happy with Joanne’s professionalism and sincere care for us. She coordinated with other vendors prior to the wedding and also the day of- it was so nice to feel so taken care of! The weather was stormy and rainy all morning for the wedding, and Joanne was a perfect presence to keep us calm and hopeful for the skies opening just in time for the ceremony.. magical! Thank you Joanne for all you do!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

Magical is exactly how I describe that moment the sky cleared. I still think it was us expressing our intentions with the palo santo wood<3. Love you dearly.

Kate · Married on 09/29/2017

Joanne is amazing! I can't say enough about her. She made everyone look and feel beautiful on my wedding day! She was well organized and made sure we stuck to our schedule and stayed on track. I'd recommend her to anyone :)

Sent on 10/04/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

You ladies were like a breath of fresh air. Took me back to my UNH days for sure. Like attending to a group of my very own nieces. Such a pleasure. Enjoy this wonderful life. Best and warmest

Karen · Married on 09/17/2017

Two words: hire Joanne! After hearing about the magic that Ms. Joanne performs from my lifelong friend (who works in the beauty industry), I just had to meet her. Beyond her obvious talent with a makeup brush, Joanne's ability to relax, soothe and calm a room of buzzing bridesmaids - and perhaps a jittery bride and her mother - is unreal. I've now been in two weddings with Joanne - first my best friend's, and then my own. Spending time on Joanne's chair was without question one of the highlights of two very beautiful days. Joanne will join us for a third wedding next year and I cannot wait to see her transform my beautiful friend into a blushing bride!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

This is such high praise and coming from such a respected person means the world. I can't wait to see you again so you must come to NH for a facial. Love and best wishes for the honeymoon of your dreams ❤️

Sadah · Married on 09/15/2017

Joanne was amazing! She was very organized and helped make everything flow smoothly. She did a beautiful job on everyone's makeup and the my pre wedding trial was so much fun. Not only is she a great makeup artist but she was a calming presence to have on the day of the wedding!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

Thank you Sarah. It was a pleasure. So glad you had fun at your makeup design appointment too. Hope you will come again to Chez Joya❤️

Bernadette · Married on 09/09/2017

Joanne at Joya Beauty was beyond amazing to work with on my wedding day. I cannot say enough positive things about Joanne. From our first conversation, Joanne demonstrated how knowledgeable she is about makeup artistry and skin in general. I have sensitive skin and, after our conversation, I knew she was the makeup artist I needed and wanted to work with on my wedding day. From then on, Joanne was always available to answer any questions I had in a prompt manner. When it got closer to the date, she made sure that all of the details were handled. My makeup trial was the first time I met Joanne and she put me at ease. I left with my makeup done beautifully. On my wedding day, Joanne organized the day and made sure everyone was done with time to spare. Joanne did makeup on 10 individuals - the bride, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, grandmother of the bride, grandmother of the groom, and all of the bridesmaids. I listed out the individuals to demonstrate the range of ages Joanne was able to interact with ease. Everyone was done on time and raved about their makeup. Some wanted to look "natural"; others wanted to have a dramatic smokey eye. Whatever the request, Joanne hit it out of the park. Joanne was superb. Joanne also fit in seamlessly with everyone as if she was an old family friend getting ready with the rest of us. Her brides are truly number one and she goes out of her way to make sure her brides are calm on their big day. If you are in search for a makeup artist, you need to seek out Joanne; she is an artist with makeup.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

Dear Bernadette, How can I thank you enough for this incredible review. I am going to send this to another MUA friend who asked me this week at my professional development program what the secret to my bridal business is? The answer is You the bride who I am passionate about. Thank you from my heart.

anna · Married on 09/02/2017

Joanne was such a huge part of our big day. She truly listened to how I wanted to feel and helped me achieve that understated look I was going for (of course while also hiding my flaws). She is truly and artist and I hope to use her for many more special events. I can't thank her enough for how she made us all look on that special day. I didn't touch up my makeup once throughout the entire night and I swear I still looked good in the morning. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

So happy you loved your Joya experience. Looking forward to those special events❤️ Thank you for having me be part of your special day.

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

Joanne is brilliant, I cannot say enough. She has calming touch and I trusted her from start to finish on my wedding day and the results were beyond amazing. She also made my mom, who has high anxiety regarding having professional make up done, feel beautiful and really took care of her. I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Joya beauty's reply:

Dearest Lauren, It was my pleasure. I loved meeting your family. It did take me the rest of the weekend to get my NH accent back though:-) Hope you had a wonderful rest of the day and enjoy every minute of your lives together. Hope to see you again at Chez Joya!