Joey G's Catering Reviews

8 | Newtown, PA

8 Reviews for Joey G's Catering

Joe did a fantastic job at our wedding! The guests RAVED about the food and Joe and his team did everything they possibly could to ensure our event was a resounding success. Although my wife and I are definite "Type A" personalities, Joe attended to every detail personally. He & his staff even helped our rental company set up before our celebration and broke everything down afterwards. Awesome guy, awesome chef!!!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Sheila · Married on 07/04/2014

Joey G. is a true catering artist. The wedding guests absolutely loved the food options and the passion with which this staff prepares and serves such delicacies.

Sent on 07/14/2014

R · Married on 06/30/2012

Best wedding food I have ever tasted. My guests agreed with me, and so did the trolley driver. Joe likes to cook at dinner stations. Let him do it. He served steaks cooked to order to my guests. They were amazed. Nothing like grilled steaks over a bed of mashed potatoes with a side of fresh asparagus. For the seafood lovers, he had two large crab cakes with a wonderful red puree sauce. The appetizers were awesome as well, my favorite being the perfectly cooked scallops. His staff was courteous and competent. Book him now if you haven't already found a caterer. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Janet · Married on 09/04/2016

Chef Joe is incredibly dedicated to his craft. Moments after we met him and had begun to give him a few details about our wedding theme you could see the wheels of Joe's mind begin to turn. He started to spin out ideas at a rapid, inspired, pace. Even with the limited budget we asked Joe to work within he was able to come up with a variety of dishes that fit in with our theme and our guests really enjoyed. Adam and I never worried about anything. Joe and his staff took care of ordering all of the rental items we needed for the food and beverage service. The day of the wedding they took care of setting up our wedding decor items in addition to everything they needed to prepare food and drinks. They even brought in plants and other decor we hadn't even thought about to add ambiance to the affair. After the wedding they cleaned up and made sure all of the rentals were returned. Overall Joe was very easy to work with. His "I got this" attitude gave a Adam and I a lot of confidence which allowed us to focus on other aspects of our big day knowing that the all important food and drinks were under control. Joe has a positive attitude and a pleasant manner that was fun for us as the bride and groom, other vendors, and guests to interact with. He and his staff did an amazing job and went above and beyond our expectations for our caterer. Thank you for everything Joe!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Abby · Married on 07/05/2014

3.5

The food was amazing for our wedding!! Everyone raved about everything from the mini rubens to the amazing pulled pork! Joe was great about helping my husband and I pick items that not only would travel and hold up well but would be popular with our guests while staying within our budget.

Sent on 07/14/2014

3.8
      2.0

Joe is a nice man, and he provides great ideas and executes them. We had a few issues with costs and communication. We were not informed about rental costs until 2 weeks before the wedding. This was an error from our coordinator, but it was handled poorly by everyone. Make sure you ask all cost questions. He was wonderful for the wedding. He told us that we would be receiving the left overs, and did not.

Sent on 10/11/2012

Melissa · Married on 08/10/2013

3.4
      3.0

From the get go working with Joe was interesting. He was over an hour late to our first meeting, but was kind enough to comp our lunch and from his reviews and his general pitch we were sold on him. It took weeks and emails and phone calls to get us our initial proposal and over the course of our interactions with Joe the only timely responses received were when we found more money in our budget and when payment was due.
    When it came time to schedule our tasting it was another week of phone calls (we'd given up on email). Often the response was "give me a call back I'm not near a calendar" but we were finally able to schedule the tasting. We arrived at the tasting and Joe was late, and then provided us with a fruit plate and crabcakes, which were not on our menu.
    When payment was coming due, I emailed Joe as I had not heard from him. He got back to me after the payment due date and since it was after the due date (by his own fault though) he required hand delivered certified checks. This was a burden as we are not local, so I left work early got down there and hoping to have some of my concerns relieved found that Joe was not on site. So I drove round trip two hours to hand a check.
    I sent Joe an email outlining my concerns and he responded and assured me that everything would be fine for our wedding day and that he never does tastings off your menu, rather just a general idea of his product.
    The actual day went off without a hitch. Kelly, his coordinator was awesome and went above and beyond as our venue didn’t have power so she ended up doing odd jobs for us. She also tried to get food to us, but it’s pretty much common knowledge that you won’t get the chance to eat at your wedding. I heard mixed reviews on the food – nearly everyone said it was great but I also heard that a lot of it was cold.
    Basically Joe pulls it together beautifully – but if you’re looking for someone that’s available prior to, or looking for the tasting experience, he’s not your guy.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Stacea · Married on 10/11/2014

2.4
      0.0

The food at our wedding was wonderful and everyone liked the selection and flavors. Joe did not show up for our reception and sent someone else, that we had never met to oversee the food! He had been adamant that he is the only one who does the weddings and they are his baby! when he left after setting up the tables he said he was going to cook and would be back between 4-5. And then he never returned!!! He also no showed for our tasting, for which we had driven 90 mins to his deli. Again the food was excellent but he did not follow through on his professional promises!!

Sent on 10/28/2014