Jen + Ashley Photography Reviews

14 | Powhatan, VA

14 Reviews for Jen + Ashley Photography

We used Jen and Ashley Photography for our engagement photos and wedding. I cannot say enough about this photography team. From the moment you start working with them, they make you feel like family. A few weeks after we signed our contract, we received the sweetest gift- a personalized hanger for my wedding dress! And throughout the process, they shower you with sweet gifts! A few months before the wedding- we received a movie and candy! They really make the experience fun. They also make the process easy. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of the camera, and we were a bit nervous about our engagement session initially. We had NOTHING to worry about! Ashley had plotted out the coolest spots for photos, helped us with posing and made it such a BREEZE. The photos turned out amazing and were so effortless! She even posted a sneak peek the night of our shoot. I love that Jen and Ashley make their couples feel special. They really advertise your blog post and create a moment for you to shine. They also work wonderfully with your family and friends. Our family kept saying how much they enjoyed working with Ashley and how comfortable she made them. This team CARES about their couples, deeply. It is very important to them that their couples have the best day of their lives and it shows. I could go on and on about the quality of this photography team. They are not only good photographers, they are good people!

• User4020814 · 2+ years ago

I couldn't have been happier that I chose Jen and Ashley for our wedding photographers. We are SO happy with all the pictures we got back. The quality and everything is perfect. They were willing to travel for a low cost and also kept in contact with you throughout the planning process. We paid for 8 hours of time, but they stayed until the end of the reception without me even asking. They were very professional but are also just fun, awesome ladies all around. There were a few thoughtful surprises along the way (which I will keep a secret) but just helped to make the whole wedding experience that much better. They really are amazing. One of my favorite vendors!!

I'm not sure where to begin with the amazing experience of working with Jen and Ashley. From the beginning, not only were they so professional and confident, but they also were the only vendor to truly get to know us as a couple and really make us feel so special during this special time. The surprises and treats along the way were thoughtful and fun, but once they arrived on wedding day, it was all business. I have to thank them so much for constantly reassuring me that everything was fine and that we had plenty of time and not to worry about anything. They made me feel so at ease during a rather stressful morning. My husband and I were so impressed with how comfortable we felt under their direction in front of the camera (since we had never been photographed like that before). Then, seeing the images they produced was amazing. I was in awe and literally gasping as I clicked through our wedding photos. Jen and Ashley did such an incredible job, and I can't thank them enough for creating such beautiful images that my family and I will treasure forever!

Karen · Married on 02/23/2013

One word to describe Jen + Ashley Photography…AMAZING!! I could write a novel about how much we love them and their work.

Professionally, Jen + Ashley were exceptional to work with. They are extremely responsive, punctual, and efficient and made sure that they knew our expectations so they could exceed them (which they more than did!!). We were able to view a few of their favorite pictures at our reception (they set up a slideshow for all of our guests to see) and then view all of our pictures while we were on our honeymoon. I have heard horror stories of people that have had to wait for months to see their wedding pictures, but not with Jen + Ashley!

Best of all, they TRAVEL!! We live in DC (where we got our engagement photos taken) and got married in Key West, FL and Jen + Ashley were not just willing to travel but excited about it! Don’t be discouraged to ask them to travel with you – you won’t regret it!!

On a personal level, Jen + Ashley made us and our families feel extremely comfortable. We could be ourselves around them, which made our pictures look even more amazing and they didn’t miss a moment! We will always be able to look back on our wedding with so many memories because of them and are so thankful for that.

Jen and Ashley were nothing short of incredible! Their work really speaks for itself, and they are so much fun to work with! Our chemistry with them was undeniable and it really shows. We couldn't be happier with the end result, and will hands down (and repeatedly) suggest Jen + Ashley to anyone needing wedding (or any other) photography! We will probably be giving them a call in a few years for a bump session ;)

Phillip · Married on 11/17/2012

I was the groom & I'm only writing one review. If you get no other vendor, get these ladies! They communicated with us every few weeks before the wedding. We even got a care package in the mail. On the day of the wedding, Jen kept me on time. We had a coordinator, but my trust & faith were 100% in the hands of the photographers. Since the wedding, they posted pictures on their website and allowed us to post OUR choices to social media. I won't mention every little detail they did, for fear that it would commit them to such gestures on all future weddings (I.e. don't expect the care package, everybody doesn't necessarily get that). The point is that they treat their clients like they are the only people on Earth. They customized service to my bride and I and were so thoughtful in everything they did for us. I seriously believe this wedding could've been done with no other vendors. Whatever needed done, they made it happen. I know our day would not have been perfect without Jen and Ashley. Thank you.

• Luice

Luice · Married on 08/05/2012

After much searching and many recommendations we came across Jen and Ashley Photography (formerly known as Jarnett Photography, they did a name change this year, 2012). We picked them because they were within our price range, had great personalities and great pictures.

We primarily worked with Ashley. She made us feel very comfortable, she's bubbly and easy to talk to. Since we picked them 7 months before our wedding, they sent us care packages and notes throughout the months leading up to the wedding to reassure us that they still remembered us and were excited for our upcoming wedding.

It was only a few days after the wedding that they posted a whole blog full of pictures of our wedding. I loved being able to see the pictures so quickly and share them with my friends and family. The pictures turned out amazing.

I definitely recommend them!

Meredith · Married on 06/23/2012

I don't think I can recommend Jen + Ashley enough. These two ladies seriously blew me away. From the first time I met Ashley, I was beyond impressed with their work. I was only in town for a short time and she offered to drive to my house for our first appointment (this was incredibly convenient for me and I really appreciated the gesture). Not only was she young, modern, fun, and professional, she was EXCITED about her work. You could really tell that Jen + Ashley pour themselves into their photography. This isn't just a hobby or a job...this is what they love to do, and it truly shows in their work. Their portfolio is amazing- they simply just know how to capture incredible pictures. Anyone can tell by looking at their site that they simply do FANTASTIC work. What you can't tell from their portfolio is how phenomenal they are in the other aspects of their job. Let me explain.....Jen and Ashley are like clockwork. They know exactly where the other person is shooting at all times and how to work TOGETHER to capture the best combination of pictures. For example, Ashley effortlessly explained where each of them would be (and WHY!) during every stage of the evening.....one of them would be up close during the ceremony to capture the bride & groom saying vows, all of the bridal party coming in, the up close & personal moments. At the same time, the other photographer would be off in the background capturing the entire scene....getting a different angle of the same moments so you could have multiple views and really get a good idea of the entire ceremony. They had this down to a science....they could motion to each other with just a look of the eye and know where to rotate, where to stand, and what to do next. They just work so well together that they can really use the most of the limited time they have to get beautiful pictures. They never got in each others' way, they only complimented the other's work...and let me tell you, I want to print every single picture they gave me...they are SO GOOD! On top of J + A simply being good at what they do....they are super fun and easy to work with. I know I must have sent so many emails it would annoy anyone. But they were always open to answering my questions, easing my mind when I didn't know what I wanted, and helping me devise a workable timeline so that I could get all the pictures I wanted (I was afraid I wouldn't have enough time to go across the street to get shots by the bay, but they made it work!!) Another fun thing they did was the "same-day slideshow" where they put together a slideshow of all the pre-ceremony and ceremony pics while they were eating. Then they displayed the show on their laptop by the DJ table during the reception. Everyone thought that was so cool to see pictures from just 30 minutes earlier displayed right there for everyone to see! These ladies are simply awesome....I love them and would use them again in a heartbeat. I would recommend anyone to them...young/old/modern/classy/anything...I know they would produce a stellar product. And they're affordable (bonus!) They understand that most people don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for prints and a lot of people just want the HD copy to put on facebook or an online album. So their package options allow you to get what you want and pay a reasonable amount for the entire HD DVD of all your pictures. Jen + Ashley- I'm excited to see your business grow...you are wonderful and you captured our wedding day so perfectly. We will never forget your hard work as we look at these pictures for the rest of our lives.

• Z

Zach · Married on 06/02/2012

Jen + Ashley have shot several of my friends weddings and engagement sessions, so it was an easy choice to call them when planning my sister's wedding. They traveled for us multiple times, shooting engagement pics, bridal portraits, the rehearsal dinner, and everything on the wedding day. The images were amazing, and they created life long memories that my family will cherish. They were so great, that they even got us a feature on Style Me Pretty! Love these girls...

• Shonda

Shonda · Married on 05/12/2012

Jen + Ashley are absolutely AMAZING photographers! Their work is flawless and stunning! These two ladies have such a natural talent! I couldn't be happier with the service they provided! They are professional, reasonably priced and so easy to work with! Ive gained two new friends from this wonderful experience and I can't thank them enough! You can't go wrong with hiring these two for any of your photography needs!!! Love you girls!!! xo

• Brooke

Brooke · Married on 10/15/2011

These two girls, Jen and Ashley, were the greatest. They blended in with our family so well on our wedding day. I had never even met them in person (just emailed them) until our wedding day, so obviously I was VERY nervous. When they arrived (exactly on time), they were friendly, knowledgeable, creative, and efficient. Great personalities, fun to be around, and kept the stress level at a minimum!

Several people in my family told me how much they loved Jen and Ashley throughout the wedding day, so I know I'm not biased!

It was a hit to see a slideshow of wedding images at the actual wedding reception - my guests were blown away by that.

We got our photos back in a timely manner and I'm so, so happy we chose Jarnett Photography. You can't go wrong!

Lyndsey · Married on 10/01/2011

Ashley & Jen are the absolute BEST!

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2011

I could really go on and on about Ashley and Jen. I can't say enough wonderful things about them and know I cannot successfully tell you in this tiny box how much you will love having them be a part of your special day and have them capture every detail and moment exactly how you imagine it. We got married a year ago and look at the pictures every chance I can and I just love every single one. They will continue to book them for any future family photos and they are always going to be the first i refer to my friends and family. Hands down...just amazing. Love you guys.

• Becca

Becca · Married on 09/04/2010

Ashley and Jen have been fabulous to work with. They're responsible young business women: punctual, responsive, professional - you name it! But they're so so much more. Ashley was a great listener, and put up with 9 months of questions and photography requests, through engagement photos and beyond. Jen was so helpful - even shuttling my bridesmaids from the hair salon the morning of the wedding when we found ourselves a car short. They have a world of talent, and their passion for photography and capturing life most memorable moments is evident in every blog post I stalked, every update on facebook, and every correspondence we had.