Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations Reviews

Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations 2
Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations 3
Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations 4

Amy · Married on 04/27/2018

Janet is amazing! I was super nervous to get my dress altered - trusting something with such an important thing is hard but Janet definitely knows what she’s doing! There was a weird wrinkle happening in my dress from how it was made and she worked and worked to get it out! She also made a custom blusher piece for me that turned out amazing! My dress was perfect the day of and I was comfortable all night long. You can definitely trust her professional advice and her pricing is very reasonable as well.

Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations 5
    Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations 6
    Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations 7
    Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations 8
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 03/16/2017

My bridal Salon Luv Bridal recommended me to Janet and I can totally see why she is on their preferred vendor list. I met with Janet a total of three different times in regards to my dress alterations. She never once pushed me to do something and let me take my time on decisions. I am the most indecisive person sometimes and she never once got annoyed or tried to push me into making a decision because I was taking too much time.

The day of my wedding we had several issues and not once was I worried about my dress or uncomfortable in it. Thank you Janet for your patience and for making my dress the perfect fit. :)

The day of my wedding

Kate · Married on 01/08/2017

I used Janet for my wedding dress alterations and I absolutely loved her!! She is fast, inexpensive, and just an all around good person to work with. She had my alterations done in two weeks and she held my dress there until my wedding. She let me come several times to try on with pretty short notice. She also makes the cutest and fun garters. I bought one, and my husband loved it!! Janet is such a cool lady and I would totally recommend her!

Alyssa · Married on 11/19/2016

Janet was absolutely amazing! Her prices are about average for alterations, not on the high or low end, but worth every penny. She was very friendly and easy to chat with during my fittings. And she worked magic with my dress to fit it to my strange body measurements! She was also very flexible with squeezing me in about a month before my wedding (I called her that week looking for an appointment), and with making last minute alterations (at my final fitting, I wasn't as happy as I thought I would be with the additional bra inserts and she easily removed them). She also helped me pick out jewelry to go with my dress, because I'm absolutely terrible at that stuff! She had my dress completely steamed and ready to go when I wanted it (I changed my mind on her, and she was very flexible about it)! My now sister-in-law referred me to her, and I will happily refer her to everyone else looking for any bridal alterations!

Gabriela · Married on 11/11/2016

I had such a great experience with Janet and I'm so glad she was recommended to me by my bridal boutique. She was very knowledgeable, saw the vision she had for my dress, and made the alterations promptly and correctly. I had one initial fitting to create the shape and when I came in for my next appointment, it was already perfect. Janet let me pick up my dress the day before my wedding so that it was freshly pressed. My dress couldn't have been more perfect.

She also made my garter from the belt I had removed from the dress. It was so cute and exactly what I needed. No fuss.

Jessica · Married on 08/26/2016

Thank you Janet. I brought her two dresses and asked what she thought and she help seal my decision on the perfect dress. She had it done in a very timely manner and it fit perfectly. She will not let you down.

Janet is the best! I went to her 3 or 4 times throughout the days leading up to my wedding to have adjustments made to the dress to make sure that everything fit perfectly. We even met two weeks before the wedding and she was able to make some last minute adjustments. She has an eye for the perfect fit. She helped train my made of honor how to bustle my train as well. She also designed a beautiful cathedral length veil for me that matched the style of dress I wore. She is super responsive, kind and helpful throughout the whole process. We were so glad she got recommended to us!

Sara · Married on 10/10/2015

I don't know what I would have done without Janet! I took my dress to Janet after having it altered by a Phoenix bridal seamstress who had great reviews, but did a complete rush job (though she had 5 months) and butchered the details of the dress. Janet easily fixed the poor craftsmanship of the prior seamstress, and she intuitively noticed parts of the dress I was uncomfortable with and solved them beautifully. She added lace to the top and took the dress in an inch, two things that made me nervous because they can go easily awry, but Janet is really a master of her craft and it fit perfectly.

Even besides that, Janet is extremely nice, VERY reasonably priced, and responsive to emails/scheduling changes. Her shop is clean and well-lit with great mirrors. She is also so generous of spirit -- when I asked if I could buy a bottle of de-wrinkling spray from her, she gave it to me for free. Don't waste time with other seamstresses - Janet is the only one you need!

LeeAnna · Married on 03/14/2015

Thank you so much for everything you have done to make my wedding day something from a movie set. When I stepped into my dress on Saturday, I felt like Cinderella and the glass slipper. You made this entire process fun, exciting, and stress free. At first I want sure if what I saw in my mind was possible to make a reality but it was absolute perfection that far exceeded my expectations! You're talent is phenomenal and I can't thank you enough!

Kristy · Married on 12/13/2014

I bought my gown at a bridal shop that sells dresses that are discontinued or were floor samples. Needless to say my dress needed some work besides the normal alterations. My dress has a heavily beaded bodice with beading on the bottom as well. There was loose beads, missing beads and my dress was dirty on the bottom too. Janet made my dress look like it was just sent from the manufacturer and was made just for me. She fixed all the beading issues and hand washed my dress. The dress fit like a glove!! I would highly recommend Janet to any bride looking for quality work!!!!

Judy · Married on 04/26/2014

Fantastic! One of my brides maids flew in on Tuesday for the Saturday wedding and still had not gotten her dress altered. Janet was working on my gown and was able to do alterations on the other dress in basically 3 days and the fit was amazing!

Kristin · Married on 04/12/2014

Janet was a breeze to work with, especially with my difficult dress. I had one dress that could be transformed into 2 different dresses (one for the ceremony and one for the reception). Janet knew exactly how to alter the dress and gave me a generous discount because she was essentially altering 2 different dresses. She would give me multiple ideas for each type of alteration and would let me pick which one went best with my style. She was upfront and honest. She even stored my wedding dress (free of charge) up until the wedding day and had it nicely pressed upon my arrival. I'm baffled by some of the previous reviews given on here about her services...Janet did not try to push me towards anything I did not feel comfortable with and the end results were superb!

courtney · Married on 10/27/2013

Janet was so helpful. My fiancé and I sort of got pregnant five months before our wedding date. This sort of posed a problem for me wedding dress wise. Janet was so helpful and was more than willing to wait until two weeks before my wedding to make my alterations. The alterations were perfect. My dress looked beautiful. Janet was so nice and personable too. Thanks Janet for helping make my wedding day so memorable!

Janet did such a great job on my wedding dress! My dress was about 6 sizes too big for me. She made it absolutely perfect! Took it in, made the back lower and made a beautiful bustle. I am so happy I chose her. She is such a sweet person and so easy to work with. I will continue to take clothes to her. :)

kelly · Married on 10/13/2013

I am sooooo happy I found Janet. She is seriously amazing. My dress needed to be completely changed in the bust line and have a lot taken off around the bottom and she made it wonderful. She doesn't stop until you are completely satisfied. She also added a bustle and it looked so great. So happy. I ordered my dress custom made from Australia (based off of a drawing I made) It turned out great but for sure needed some alterations....She completely changed the neckline for me to make it more comfortable and flattering and it turned out PERFECT. so so happy

Janet did an incredible job on my dress. I bought two inexpensive dresses from BHLDN and Janet worked with me to use all that fabric to create my dream dress. She gives prudent advice and considers the limitations of the fabric, so she'll be honest with you about what you can and cannot do. That said, she found a creative solution to every roadblock we ran into and my dress turned out exactly as I had pictured it. I got tons of compliments and it was so versatile and comfortable the whole night! After all the hours that Janet put in and the multiple consultations, the final bill was VERY affordable.

Dori · Married on 01/12/2013

Janet Kirkman trumps any bridal store or alteration shop around (and I did extensive research before going to Janet). My wedding dress was shipped to me from CA and arrived a mere 4 weeks before my wedding. It was much too large and needed several (fast) alterations (hem, zipper, gords, shoulder straps, and taking it all in at least 2-3 sizes). I was also going out of town for 10 days and therefore had only 2 weeks to work with. I am so thankful I found Janet. She is a design wizard, and altered my dress 4 times as I continued to lose weight before the wedding. She was fast, professional, personable, kind, detail-oriented; I truly cannot praise her enough! Save yourself a lot of time, energy, & stress: go to Janet Kirkman for any/all of your bridal needs!

Jeri · Married on 11/23/2012

Janet was wonderful! She was so sweet, and my dress looked amazing! Thank you, Janet!

Amie · Married on 09/15/2012

Janet was born to be a seamstress...she's so amazing! I came in with lots of requests and she took care of them with confidence. She added layers of tulle onto my dress and it transformed it into my dream dress! She gave me great advice as well on what would look good and what wouldn't and I trusted her. I'm so thankful to have her as part of my wedding experience.

Happy · Married on 08/04/2012

Janet really knows about gowns and does a great job on alterations. She has lots of ideas if you are changing your dress or have an issue with your dress. Her services include storing and pressing the gown. Her experience is really evident in what she does. She designs veils, purses, garters and wraps, plus has a large selection of bridal jewelry. This is a great place to take your dress for worry-free alterations.

Sandra · Married on 06/01/2012

I took my daughters' dresses to Janet earlier this year for alterations largely due to the high prices quoted to me by David's Bridal.

I was thrilled with the prices initially, but after looking at the final receipt, it looks like some prices were cheaper, and some were about the same. In the end, I guess what I am most pleased with is the service. Because she is so attentive and you get more one to one service, I thought things would cost so much more. The prices were better than David's Bridal, but the peace of mind and quality work was what pleased me the most.

We bought a beautiful dress for my daughter that was strapless, and David's Bridal sold me some very revealing and small capsleeves. I was not sure how they would look, but the seamstress put them in my bag upon checkout. There are no refunds at David's Bridal.

Within minutes of walking into Janet's, I saw a beautiful jacket which matched the dress perfectly which cost about the same as the cheap looking cap sleeves. The jacket was excellent quality, matched the dress, and was absolutely beautiful. The hem on the dress was the most expensive thing and I believe it was more expensive than David's Bridal, but it was worth it.

My other daughter had a formal dress hemmed and Janet did additional work on the dress because there were some parts that "stuck out" to help it fit better free of charge.

She also created a flower to add some color to the dress based on my daughter's input.

We did end up finding a wonderful florist (Floraunique) through Janet's list of vendors. Thank you so much!! The flowers were beautiful.

We also purchased a beautiful tiara and some custom made jewelry by Lani, one of her other recommended vendors. We are 100% pleased with the service and wish we had looked at her list of vendors sooner. It would have saved me a lot of phone calls and pricing on sites.

Overall, her prices are better and you do not need to wait hours for your turn. You will get not only some better prices, but you will have complete peace of mind.

• Jackie

Jackie · Married on 05/19/2012

The wedding dress was two sizes two big as I went on a diet to look great for the wedding but that was no problem for Janet. She even worked on a tuxedo for our Golden Retriever and he looked so handsome as well. She had a great professionalism and was flexible with my time. Thanks Janet for all you did for me as well as matron of honor's dress which was not quite what she wanted. The day was perfect.

• Katherine

Katherine · Married on 04/28/2012

I bought my dress from Almond Tree, so it was used and definitely needed some alterations. Janet fitted the beaded corset, fixed all the beading all over the dress, hemmed the crinoline petticoat, created a french bustle, and created (from scratch) cap sleeves (for modesty in the church). Her prices were absolutely outstanding...I expected to pay twice as much as I did! She is so sweet to work with, too. I brought a gaggle of people to my first fitting and she was so patient with all their demands to see different things. I felt like an absolute princess in my dress, thanks to Janet, and I definitely plan to use her again in the future for bridesmaids dresses!

Jesse · Married on 03/31/2012

Janet Kirkman did an amazing job from start to finish. She made every fitting fun and was very easy to work with. I would highly recommend her. Her alterations work was great, worth every penny. She makes sure you are completely satisfied.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2012

Janet was a dream to work with. She responded to my emails/voicemails quickly. Janet made me feel so at ease about my dress even when I freaked out a little. She was there to make it all better and my dress fit like a glove. Janet is so talented! I am so grateful for everything she did for me and my bridesmaids!