28 Reviews for JaimeCakes

Delivery (2)
Setup (2)
Private Tastings (2)
25 JaimeCakes Reviews

I found JaimeCakes on yelp and various other websites and all had great reviews. We decided to check them out and go for cake tasting for our wedding. They were actually the first and only place we visited because after the very yummy tasting, we immediately booked them for our wedding on March 10. Both Jaime and Dean are super friendly and nice people. They provided great customer service and they were easy to work with. The day of the wedding, Dean delivered the cake on time and decorated it beautifully. Most importantly, the cake was delicious! I would recommend them for any occasion based on great customer service and reasonable pricing.

Profile Picture Liana, 3/10/17, 18 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We had Jaime Cakes make our wedding cake for our event earlier this month at Saddle Peak Lodge. The cake was elegant in its simplicity…exactly what we were looking for to match the “modern rustic” décor we had chosen. We have received so many compliments on it…some saying that it was the best tasting wedding cake that they have ever had!

Profile Picture Benn, 9/3/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Jaime and Dean are a great team to work with for your wedding cake. I ordered a cake for my wedding a few weeks ago and the tasting was really fun and I loved how Jaime set up the tasting so you tried every combo possible. They also have fantastic and very gracious customer service if you have any questions about your order, before or after your event. Our cake turned out beautifully (and just what I hoped for) and it was delicious! definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 7/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

JaimeCakes is AMAZING! Jaime and her staff were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire wedding cake planning process. I am very particular about baked goods because I am a good home baker so with that being said, I have pretty high standards. When I found JaimeCakes and tasted her cakes, I knew I had found a baker who was able to meet my level of taste!! Her cakes are moist, she has a wide variety of fillings that are delicious, and most importantly - her buttercream is not too sweet! I showed her a picture of the design I wanted and she was able to recreate it with no problem. Jaime is able to answer any questions you have and make suggestions to make sure your cake is perfect on your special day. Her prices are extremely reasonable and her service is excellent. A bonus is that you also get a complimentary mini cake on your anniversary! The flavors that I recommend are the marble cake with the chocolate chip cookie dough filling - my guests LOVED this one, the butter cake with the tres leches filling, and the white cake with the cookies and cream filling. Her assistant Robyn is so quick to respond to emails and super organized and Jaime's husband Dean who does the deliveries is also fantastic. I could not have been happier with how everything turned out regarding my cake. Thank you to JaimeCakes for making my wedding cake amazing on my special day!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly recommend Jaime! My husband and I are definite Foodies with him having serious sweet tooth. He's pretty picky especially with cakes. We wanted cake flavors and fillings that were interesting and unique. We researched cake bakers and we weren't thrilled with the limited cake flavors they had which was mainly white, chocolate, and red velvet. We checked Porto's, Cake Art, and Vanilla Bake Shop. None of them had what we were looking for. When we found Jaime we were impressed by the countless flavors and fillings she had!! The cakes at our tasting were moist, fresh, and delicious! We had such a hard time deciding we had a second cake tasting! She has a warm personality, very professional, very creative, and has a total passion for cakes and desserts. She replicated the cake design I found on pinterest with some modifications I wanted and gave us an elegant 3-tiered round cake, each tier with different flavors (double chocolate chunk with raspberries and raspberry mousse; strawberry with banana cream; and strawberry with hazelnut cream). My wedding coordinator loved how gorgeous the cake looked and I love how the cake tasted as good as it looked! Another bonus is the fact we don't have to freeze the top of our cake to eat later for our anniversary. Jaime will give you a complimentary cake on your first wedding anniversary! How cool is that?! Needless to say we devoured what was left of our cake after the wedding :) Thank you Jaime!!

Profile Picture Karren, 4/26/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The best cake I have ever had, I will keep using Jaime for every occasion that requires a cake. The quality of the cake, as well as the taste, and her responsiveness made the whole thing effortless. She is great at what she does, and will not disappoint.

Profile Picture Wendy, 12/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I was looking for a dairy-free bakery in the area, but was struggling to find one. Every place I called said they didn't create dairy-free cakes or that they were in the process of creating a recipe...not what I was looking for! Thankfully I found JaimeCakes and once I confirmed with Jaime that she created dairy-free cakes, I knew I had found the right place. Her cake flavors are delightful and Jaime is so nice to work with! She created a beautiful cake for us within our budget! All our guests (200) loved the look of our cake and the flavors! I can't thank her enough for creating such a beautiful and dairy-free cake!

Profile Picture User3754916, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

JaimeCakes was by far our best vendor find!

My husband has a Gluten Free allergy, and we had given up hope on having a tasty cake on our wedding day. We were recommended to Jaime by our coordinator, and after the first meeting we were hooked!

She was incredibly knowledgeable about what it meant to bake Gluten Free, as well as flexible to allow us to have both Gluten Free and "Regular" options. At our tasting she offered duplicate samples for us to try, so we would both know what each flavor tasted like!

The cake was absolutely delicious, fluffy and flavorful - something not often found in Gluten Free desserts. We chose the vanilla butter cake, with bavarian creme & raspberry, YUM!

It was quite hot & windy the day of our wedding, and our cake needed to stay cool inside and be brought out by the catering staff later in the reception. Jaime took absolute care in making sure the cake was finished with our flowers & topper, and then stepped the catering staff through what was needed to move, serve and keep the cake Gluten Free friendly.

Jaime is a sweet, lovely person, her cakes are delicious, and she's an absolute professional. I'd highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Sydney, 6/8/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I found Jaime at JaimeCakes through an internet search and we were very happy with our wedding cake! I met with her and showed her a sketch by my soon-to-be-husband. She was very detailed in making sure she got the roses the way we wanted them! It was a goal of mine to support small businesses with our wedding and we were excited that Jaime runs a thriving home-based business.

We had multiple vendors for our wedding and Jaime was one of the least stressful to deal with and I appreciate that so much! I originally began speaking with Jaime through email and that was okay until it got time to give specifics. She is understandably busy, so I would recommend that you try to call or meet her once you decide you want to use her.

We had many compliments on our elegant, yet simple, cake which was exactly what we wanted. I would not hesitate to hire Jaime in the future, especially for specialty designs.

Profile Picture Wendy, 4/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I could not have been happier with JaimeCakes. Jaime is so easy to work with, and her cakes are both beautiful and delicious! I live in Northern California, but I got married in Malibu. Jaime was super easy to contact over email and phone, and she worked with me throughout the process... sending me pictures, and explaining the different techniques she could use to give me the style I wanted. It is clear that she takes pride in what she does, and the end product was better than I ever could have imagined.

Profile Picture Carly, 3/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

After our first vendor recommended baker bailed out on us after we paid our deposit we had to start searching again for another baker for our wedding cake. I found Jamie on yelp and set up a meeting with her. I was able to choose many cakes and fillings, they were all good! I selected a different cake and filling for each of our 3 tiers. The prices cannot be beat with the quality and amount of details Jamie puts into each cake. Going with her I was able to get my 3 tier cake plus a grooms cake for under the price I was going to pay with the first baker! The grooms cake was a Stanley cup and the detail that went into the cake was mind blowing, my groom was speechless and he talks for a living! The best part is she will remake the top tier for you a year later so it’s fresh, can’t wait! I will be using Jamie for all of my future cake needs.

Profile Picture Carly, 2/16/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jaime did such a great job on our cake !!!! I highly recommend her and i got a good price on our cake

Profile Picture Maribel, 11/16/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I loved our wedding cake ! I didnt want to eat it cause it was so pretty ! Thanks Jamie and will use you again in the future ! It tasted great too !

Profile Picture Maribel, 11/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Jamie came highly recommended by my sister in law who also ordered her wedding cake back in June from her. The whole experience from the first appointment for the cake tasting and designing of the cake decoration was easier than I thought. Jamie was very patient and sweet but most of all very professional. Jamie delivered exactly what we wanted. We were very pleased with the wedding cake and we definitely recommend her services.

Profile Picture Noemi, 11/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Jaime was simply amazing. Our wedding was EXACTLY what we wanted. It was beautiful and delicious! We found her through her Yelp reviews and were not disappointed at all. From the first email to dropping off our rental cake stand, working with Jaime was such a joy. She is easy-going as well as highly professional. She responded promptly and pleasantly to all of my initial questions and worked with us for the tasting schedule.

When we first met for the tasting, it was like meeting up with friend rather than a vendor. Other bakeries seem to think their tasting responsibilities stop at providing the samples, but Jaime went above and beyond. While we were busy stuffing our faces with yummy cake, she took notes and asked questions that ultimately helped with our final decision. Oh my goodness that was so helpful because otherwise we would have been completely lost with all of the goodness we sampled. Oh and the variety of cake and filling flavors is amazing! So many other bakeries only offer the usual chocolate or white cake with similar filling. We ended up with lemon cake with raspberry mousse for two layers and Irish whiskey and chocolate for the top layer. It sounds weird but is delicious!

The design process was so easy. I already had a clear idea of what I wanted, and Jaime understood my vision immediately. She was excited about my ideas and provided valuable input and knowledge to get us to the final product.

Our venue was far south of Jaime's area, but she never even hinted at any bother about it. She remained cheerful about it even after we changed our date and time to a Sunday morning! Having to change a wedding date is stressful enough, but having a vendor like Jaime made it much less painful.

We cannot wait to have her make us a cake again - she was THAT good. We totally recommend Jaime to anyone who needs a special cake for their event.

Profile Picture Karla, 7/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I must admit that I was a bit skeptical at first for hiring Jaime to make our wedding cake do to the fact that we found her on craigslist and not in an actual bakery! But after meeting her she gave us piece of mind and comfort! Jaime has a great personality! Our cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! There are very few people who put their heart into what they do and Jaime is definitely one of them! I just showed her a picture of how I wanted my cake to look and she made it exactly how I wanted it. The cake was very moist and delicious! Our guests loved our cake so much that we almost didnt get a bite! It was the talk of the night. I am so happy that I did not go to a bakery for our wedding cake! Jaime's cake was not only affordable but better in taste and detail than any other bakery my entire family and I have ever been to! I am so grateful to Jaime for her excelling service!

Profile Picture Wendy, 6/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I found Jamie Cakes on Wedding Wire. She doesn't have a store front bakery so she doesn't have that additional cost but she does rent a commercial kitchen where she is completely certified and where she does all her baking. I was a little hesitant about it at first, but after I met with Jamie I knew it was it. I had a bit of a complex design I had in mind and not a single bakery discussed my concept they just said they could do it and that was it. Jamie sat there with me and asked me about all the designs and ideas I liked. She worked with me to sort through the ideas and sketch out a design that incorporated everything I liked. I ended up with a massive 4 tier cake at a phenominal price. It looked exactly like I wanted and I couldn't be happier.

Let me know forget the taste of the cake. I couldn't settle on just 3 flavors so we tried at least 10 different flavors and narrowing it down was tough. She has so many different cake and frosting options that the combinations are endless. All our guests raved about the cake and people were all trying to get a piece of each tier...it was THAT good.

Jamie was professional, quick to respond to any question or concerns, immediately followed up with me on items. I would recommend her 100 times over!

Profile Picture Lucy, 4/20/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

AMAZING. I had a beautiful cake that Jaime took the time to go back and forth with me about so I could really get what I wanted. She was awesome. The value I got, for what I got was outstanding. Best choice I made. I would recommend her to everyone.

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/6/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jaime was the owner of this bakery. From tasting to the wedding, I like her service and her cake so much. Our wedding venue was at Surf and Sand Resort, and it is kinda far away from Woodland Hills. There was a small incident during the wedding that her van broke down on the way to my wedding. I was soooooooooooooooo worry when I noticed my cake wasn't ready in the cake stand after the grand entrance. After 2 hours, Jaime was finally here right before the cake cutting time started!!!!!!I was so glad that she made it and appreciated her effort to build my customized cake. I like it very much. It looks exactly what I want!! Thank you, Jaime!!

C&J

Profile Picture Claudia, 3/9/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We saw JaimeCakes website and was interested from the start. Once we talked to Jaime she was super friendly and excited to work with us to make our cake our very own! The cake testing was a bit overwhelming at first but she walked us through it and it turned into a wonderful evening. The cake looked better than we imagined and tasted wonderful. Thanks again JaimeCakes!

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/24/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Such an amazing woman to work with! Incredibly professional and truly an artist at what she does! Everything she makes tastes delicious and we didn't have any leftovers after our wedding! Our guests raved about how yummy everything was! Looking forward to our one year cake!!!! LOve you Jaime!

Profile Picture Jeran, 9/7/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jamie's desserts were fantastic and her professionalism and creativity truly made our wedding so memorable. My guests raved about the desserts and how incredibly delicious they were. From the wedding cakes to the cupcakes it was all divine!!

Profile Picture Kami, 9/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Jaime was extremely professional and very pleasant to work with. She walked us through her entire process and made purchasing our wedding cake an easy process. The wedding cake was beyond our expectations in both taste and gorgeous presentation.

Profile Picture Tawnee, 8/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Jaime made a cake for me that was exquisite! The detail, heart and effort that went into this cake was clearly noticed. Not only did the cake look good, it tasted amazing and it was done in a timely manner. I would recommend Jaime for all your cake and pastry needs! She is sweet and talented!

Profile Picture Shawna, 8/7/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

MY DAUGHTER WAS PROPOSED TO IN EGYPT UNDER A PYRAMID AND THE COUPLE WANTED A CAKE THAT WAS VERY PERSONALIZED. JAIME WAS AWESOME, SHE SAT DOWN AND LISTENED TO WHAT THEY WANTED AND COULDN'T HAVE DESIGNED A MORE PERFECT CAKE. NOT ONLY WAS THEIR "PYRAMID CAKE" ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, BUT IT WAS THE BEST TASTING WEDDING CAKE I'VE EVER HAD! I DO AND WILL CONTINUE TO REFER HER TO ALL I MEET

Profile Picture Lucinda, 3/12/11, 1 Review