2808 W. Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance, CA 90505 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About King's Hawaiian Bakery

The King's Hawaiian tradition began in Hilo, Hawaii, when Mr. Taira opened his first bakery in 1950. In 1977, after much success, Robert moved the family and factory to Torrance, CA where we happily share the aloha through our delicious baked goods and specialty breads. Our wedding cakes are made special in Torrance, California.

Follow King's Hawaiian Bakery on
nicolechow com
marianne wilson photography

97 Reviews for King's Hawaiian Bakery

Da · Married on 09/08/2018

We got our wedding cake from King's Hawaiian and was absolutely thrilled with the cake! The cake tasting process was great and we booked our cake right away (we tasted cake from another bakery of this town's namesake but liked the taste and consistency of King's Hawaiian SO MUCH BETTER). We showed a picture of a cake design that we saw online and they were able to replicate it for our cake. Initially we thought we would order a white cake, but when they shows us all the colors that the outside of the cake could be - we went with another color and loved it! For our cakes, we went with the chocolate dobash cake, paradise cake, and lilikoi. Be warned though - many of our guests liked the cake so much they treated themselves to second servings! On the day-of, our cake was beautiful, light and fluffy, and delicious - exactly as expected from tasting day. I should also mention that the cost of this cake was a lot LESS than other bakeries in the area! One of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Ada · Married on 08/11/2018

After I got engaged there was one thing I knew for certain: that our wedding cake was going to be the paradise cake from King's Hawaiian. I dreadfully and patiently waited until 2 months before the wedding for our cake tasting and it was exactly what I hoped for. Our cake coordinator was Natalie and she was so sweet and responsive to everything. We had an initial hiccup with the delivery time and she was able to promise that even with a 15 minute delivery window they would be able to get the cake to the venue (and they did!). I initially wanted a rustic three tiered cake with undefined horizontal lines which is the current trend, but Natalie showed us a few designs on her phone and we actually changed our minds and went with a totally different design for the cake. I am so happy we did since my original idea had been done by a million other brides. The paradise cake definitely fit our asian palette more as it is not as dense and heavy as traditional buttercream cakes. It has a light flavor with non dairy whip cream and strawberries between the layer that gave it an extra blast of fruitiness. Our guests absolutely loved it! The cherry on top is that their cakes are not outrageously priced. We got our three tiered cake plus an extra quarter sheet for under $700 including delivery fee. I was so busy on our wedding day that I didn't eat much of it, but my husband was able to pick up a slice for me when he went back to return the cake stand the next day. Happy wife makes a happy life!

King's Hawaiian Bakery FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Cake Stands
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Fruit, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Tastings - Open House, Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands, Cake Toppers