iRie Couture Cakery Reviews

4 | Saint Augustine, FL

4 Reviews for iRie Couture Cakery

Carmencita · Married on 09/07/2018

0.5

Brunch catering (NOT cake), honoring a Golden Wedding No reviews on catering, but I took a chance. Just found in this internet. Agreed order to be tax free for we are nonprofit with 501c3 in the invoice, paid 50%,,and changed mind even after docs were sent... But the problem really is the catering service.. Late from very first meeting to discuss menu received in the email, had no copy.. we used mine, late 2.5 hrs at the occasion, forgot ice, sauces too, generous food servings, but cold, and missing an item.. the crab cakes Benedict, no signs on the table as discussed, agreed to give honored couple dessert sample for the Toast, forgot also.. electric food warmers I provided not enough for already cold good... Sorry but management, service and food... you be the judge, put yourself in our place! You are at risk when you take a chance on no reviews

Sent on 09/15/2018

joey · Married on 04/15/2018

1.0

I am not a person who will usually take the time to do reviews. However; I feel the need to warn all upcoming wedding couples to stay away from this place.My daughter and future son in law did cake testing and chose Irie based on what they were told by Irie; price and the cake testing. The flavor of cake they chose was the caramel which they said that day was good. The original price Irie gave was $400.00 to feed 60 guests. Instead of Irie writing out the description as to the layout of the cake and putting it on the contract with the price as every cake designer should do, they sent an invoice and instantly demanded the deposit. The bride and groom are young and are still learning things in life. However; I am neither young nor naïve and could tell this cake company was acting shady. I called them and told them they cannot expect payment without sending the details as to what will be received come the day of the wedding. After this battle (to get what they should have sent anyways) we received the written contract we paid the deposit. A few weeks later we learned there was going to be an additional 15 people at the wedding so the bride to be contacted Irie and told them. Irie attempted to charge an additional $500.00 for 15 extra people. My daughter called me while they were still at Irie (since I was the one paying) and we again started going rounds. I asked how they are coming up with an additional $500.00 to feed 15 more people. After literally 20 minutes of them fibbing for words and had nothing they said the extra cost would be $ 100.00.00. Day of the wedding. As you can see from the pictures this is what was delivered. Before the cake was even out of the car it was destroyed. As the reception started we all watched as the cake was sliding and caving in. I called Irie to come fix it but they refused

Sent on 04/25/2018

iRie Couture Cakery's reply:

While we as a bakery do believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and we go above and beyond to resolve disputes, we will not respond further to this review that is filled with blatant lies in regards to how we conduct business.

Regards
    IRie Couture Cakery

Ramonia · Married on 05/26/2018

0.4
      0.5

I didn't have a wedding but a graduation-birthday family reunion with over 100 guest. Charges $400 for a cake($225, 48($77.75) cupcakes and 24 cakepops. She was 45 minutes late with the delivery, the cake was not what I ordered, no flavor at all what I ordered and she happened to leave the cake pops at the bakery which later I discovered when she returned with 6($66.75) that she didn't do them, at all! I haven't received a call, an apology, nothing for the utter failure that occurred May 26th. My recommendation is to not order, reserve or design from this cakery. Please search. There are options.

Sent on 05/28/2018

sdf · Married on 04/15/2018

0.4
      0.5

Had this of been my wedding I would have gone to a different place or even Publix. However; this was not my wedding. Day of the wedding. As you can see from the pictures this is what was delivered. Before the cake was even out of the car it was destroyed. As the reception started we all watched as the cake was sliding and caving in. I called Irie to come fix it but they refused.

Sent on 05/10/2018