Greater Buffalo Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Jennifer
    Jennifer A. Getting married on 07/02/2022

The perfect touch

We loved working with Sue. Chatting with her helped us clarify and realize exactly how we wanted to celebrate our marriage. She gave us flexibility to speak from our hearts. She traveled to us making our dream of an intimate backyard ceremony come true.
    And she kept her “cool” through the high temps and barking of our mini-goldendoodle. Thank you Rev Sue!
    Jennifer and Matthew

Dear Jennifer and Matthew,
    It was such a pleasure to work with you. I have never in all the
    weddings I've performed, had anyone compose such a complete
    and original and thoughtful spiritual wedding ceremony. There is so much heart in it , and it opens the way for a truly happy marriage, by setting forth and proclaiming your intentions. I am amazed at what you created and I felt so honored to officiate your ceremony. I got a little teary a couple of times because what I was saying touched a deep part of me. Thank you for giving me this
    honor.
  • O
    Olivia L. Married on 09/25/2021

Wonderful!

Sue was such a pleasure to have at our wedding. She was extremely professional, prompt, prepared, and eloquent. Sue provided us with many options for our ceremony and made it so we could customize it exactly to what we wanted. I got so many compliments about how beautiful the ceremony was. She has her own PA system and was completely set up and ready when we got there. I could not recommend Sue more, she’s lovely to work with. Thanks Sue!

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review Olivia! I love that you touched on several different and important aspects of officiating a wedding, so that people can get a feeling for my commitment to all aspects of being a wedding officiant. I loved working with you and Peter and I wish you all the joys that marriage can bring. Sue
    Kari M. Married on 06/18/2021

Small and beautiful ceremony!

Reverend Sue was a wonderful choice for our wedding. We live in NYC, so she worked with us virtually to plan the ceremony, which was very helpful. She provided us with tons of ceremony options and plenty of room to personalize it. We absolutely loved the final result! She was incredibly sweet throughout the entire process, arrived plenty early to the rehearsal and the ceremony, and had no problem adapting to the small last minute changes that inevitably occurred on the big day. She was a big part of what made our small ceremony so special and memorable, not just to us, but to our guests as well. We highly recommend her for smaller ceremonies like ours, though we're sure she would do an equally wonderful job if you're looking to go big! Thank you Reverend Sue!

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

for this great review. You touched on all the things that potential clients might be looking for. I am so grateful for the time and care you took in writing this. It was such a pleasure to work with you,
    and I wish you a happy life together that only love can bring. Sue
    Kelly T. Married on 06/12/2021

Beautiful Ceremony!

Sue was absolutely fantastic! Our ceremony was beautiful and could not have been more perfect. We cannot thank her enough. Highly recommend!

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate your taking the time out to do this for me. It was a pleasure to work with you!
    Much happiness to you.
  • Cheryl
    Cheryl L. Married on 05/07/2021

A Personal Touch

Our ceremony was not cookie cutter. We were given many options to make it our own. Reverend Sue was very easy to work with. Her guidance helped make our day special. We would highly recommend her.

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

I loved working with you and Marty, and it was a joy to work on the
    Grand Lady and to meet your family and friends. Your love story is inspiring, testifying that true love prevails all seeming obstacles.
    I wish you every happiness your marriage can bring. Sue
    Nicole O. Married on 10/10/2020

A wonderful experience!

Sue was incredible! She helped us create the perfect ceremony. We would highly recommend her if you are looking for an officiant!!

Hello Nicole,
    Thank you for your wonderful review. I appreciate your taking the time to do this for me, as this is the best way for me to communicate to other couples the quality of my work. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you to co-create a beautiful wedding ceremony. Best wishes for a happy life together. Sue
    Laura C. Married on 09/26/2020

Sooo amazing

She was so amazing,do kind and there for us when we needed it and especially with all the uncertainty in the world.it was hard to find someone to marry me and my husband but she was there to help us. Thank you so much again for everything. I definitely recommend her for your wedding service etc.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin K. Married on 09/25/2020

Very Flexible!

Sue was wonderful to work with! We found her via Wedding Wire and she called me within minutes of me contacting her through Wedding Wire. We met with her in her home and she helped us develop a customized wedding ceremony. She e-mailed me the outline within a few days. Due to COVID-19, we had to make major adjustments tot he location & duration of our ceremony, and Sue was very flexible in accommodating the changes we made. We highly recommend her services!!

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Thank you Caity, for your review. It was a pleasure to work with
    you. I love how flexible you were, making the best of every opportunity to change plans and build something even more beautiful. You are a great team, working together, and I know you
    will generate much happiness in your life together. Blessings! Sue
    Jennifer Married on 07/11/2020

Wedding officiant

Sue Olsen performed a beautiful ceremony for our wedding. Throughout the entire process she was amazing to work with. She listened to what we wanted and put together a ceremony that fit us perfectly. She remained in contact with us from our first meeting and when the pandemic hit and we expressed that we would like to still get married she said to just let her know our plans and she would be there! Everyone at our wedding commented on what a beautiful job she did as well. I would highly recommend Sue to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.
    Madison C. Married on 06/20/2020

Accountability during Covid chaos

Sue was very responsive when it came to planning the ceremony through email/phone. She showed up well before the ceremony and the rehearsal and kept things running smoothly the entire time. This was all during the uncertainty with Covid-19 and it was nice to have someone you could count on when everything else seemed to be in total chaos. We loved having her perform our ceremony.

Hello Madison,
    Thank you for this lovely review. It was a wonderful experience to
    work with you and your family who were so gracious. I have never before in my many years of performing weddings had so many courtesies extended to me, from on our arrival being directed to a special parking spot where we could unload our equipment close to the place where it was needed, to such warmth and helpful ness from your parents, and your aunt who summoned the groomsmen and gave me the high sign to start the ceremony with our entrance, and your Dad's giving me an envelope with a very generous gift. And I so admire how you took the Covid in hand and with lots of family help, created the
    wedding of your dreams right in your own yard. Bless you, all of you, and thank you for all your warmth and support. Sue
  • Tracy
    Tracy S. Married on 10/26/2019

Lovely wedding, professional service

Sue Olson is professional and very kind. We chose a hand fasting ceremony and the service was quite beautiful and very meaningful for us. She showed up on time and prepared. It was our perfect day.

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Thank you Tracy. I love performing the Hand fasting ceremony.,and yours was very special with the poem that you and Markus created and read to one another. We were so blessed to have the only sunny day in the week for your ceremony! by the rapids.
    Best wishes,
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 09/28/2019
    Very friendly and flexible. She provided us with everything we asked for!

Hi Stephanie,
    Thank you for your review that you posted for me. I appreciate it very much. I love having weddings in my home because they bring such good energy, the energy of love here. You and William brought that energy to us. Thank you so much.
    Best wishes, Sue
    Robin M. Married on 09/21/2019

very professional, prompt, great ceremony!

Offers many choices for ceremony format.

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Thank you Robin. I so enjoyed working with you and Paul, and meeting your family. I love your venue, Glen Falls Park in Williamsville. And mother nature did her best to give us perfect weather for your ceremony! I bless your union, and all the happiness you will bring to one another in the future. Sue
    Nicole Married on 08/31/2019

Best experience we could have asked for!!!

Sue was amazing!! She was so easy to get ahold of anytime we needed anything and her sweet composure made us feel very calm during the ceremony. If you’re looking for an officiant look no further, Sue is your best fit!
    Jackie Married on 08/10/2019

Great experience and professional

We got married this past weekend by Sue and she did a wonderful job. She worked with us to find a ceremony that fit our personalities and venue. It’s nice that sue uses her own sound system. Definitely would recommend!
    Susan P. Married on 07/23/2019

Wonderful Experience

Sue and her husband made this special event wonderful. Very kind and warm hearted.

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Susan for this lovely review. It was a pleasure to
    work with you and Randy. We loved having your wedding here at home. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures! We wish you every happiness a marriage can bring.
    Lisa B. Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful and uplifting

Rev Sue Olson was everything we imagined and needed at our cabin on the woods wedding! We would definitely recommend her. We are truly blessed for having met her and her husband Clem.

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

It was great working with you, and I love your cabin in the woods!
    Thank you for your invitation to celebrate with you at your reception.
    We enjoyed our dinners and the company! And what a perfect day and place for your wedding! We wish you every blessing a marriage can bring!
    Warmly,
  • Dakota
    Dakota Married on 05/22/2019

Extremely Helpful

Sue was really helpful and being able to customize out ceremony meant the world to us. Since I lived on the other side of the states and my now husband lived in Canada, being able to find someone who could work with us through email was extremely helpful.

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Thank you Dakota for this lovely review. It was a pleasure to work with you, and to finally meet you and Andrew and your families. I love working with people who are planning a wedding from afar, and assisting and making it easy to compose a ceremony that truly
    reflects who they are and what they value. Thank you for choosing me as your wedding officiant. I am honored to be chosen by you and Andrew.
    Best wishes and happiness,
    Michelle S. Married on 05/17/2019

Wonderful experience

Reverend Sue is excellent. Our experience began with a very pleasant and informative consultation to allow Sue to get a feel for our personalities, backgrounds, and expectations. Sue is polite and professional and the took us through a few questions to determine the type of ceremony as well as the general content. After our meeting, she emailed us a copy of the draft for review and comment. Sue confirmed the date, time, and location of the ceremony a few days prior to put our mind at ease. On the day of our wedding Sue arrived on time and well prepared. Sue performed flawlessly - a true professional. I highly recommend Reverend Sue for any type of wedding ceremony. Thank you Reverend Sue!

Dear Michelle,
    Thank you so much for your very thorough and generous review. I really appreciate your addressing so many of my responsibilities because this is the kind of information that perspective clients are looking for. Ii was such a pleasure to work with you and Chris, and to meet your families.. May you have a long and happy life together.
    Warmly,
    Sue A. Married on 04/06/2019

Wonderful wedding ceremony with Rev Sue Olson

We were very pleased with the personal connection we had with Rev. Sue Olson which made our ceremony even more special. The ceremony was simple, honest and just what we desired. Thank you so much for helping us begin our new life together..!

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Thank you Sue and Gary for your review. It was a pleasure to work with you, and to meet some of your family and friends.
    We are so happy to have been part of your wedding.

Karen M. Married on 04/04/2019

Greater Buffalo Weddings

We met Sue as the officiant for my son's wedding last year and were impressed with her sensitivity, gentleness and kindness. She has a spiritual presence. During our ceremony both I and my wife felt in the moment with her words leading us to the truth we felt in the words we had for one another. Sue and her husband Clem are wonderful people.

Hello Dan and Karen,
    Thank you for this lovely review. It was wonderful to see you again
    and to perform your wedding yesterday. I loved having your wedding in our home. It brought such good energy to us, and we felt so enriched by your friendly presence. I hope that at sometime there will be an occasion for us to meet again. Sue
    Brittany Married on 11/17/2018

Thank You Sue!

Sue was outstanding!!!! I found her online and from the very beginning she was extremely responsive and easy to work with! We met at her house to discuss details and we were lucky to have found Sue because we had the most beautiful ceremonial words spoken!! I would absolutely recommend contacting Sue if you are in need of an officiant, she will help you have a beautiful day!

Hi Brittany,
    Thank you for this wonderful review. It means a lot to me that you took the time to give me such a thorough review. This helps me so much to let other couples know about my services. It was great working with you. I give you and Rich a 5 tar rating as clients! The Rapids Theater is such a great place for weddings, and your wedding was the first time I had fireworks go off in the ceremony!
    I couldn't see them because my back was turned, but I saw and heard the audience reaction! It was awesome! Keep on having fun and thinking up ways to be creative and your marriage will thrive.
    Love and blessings, Sue
    Taylor Married on 11/03/2018
    Sue married my husband and I this past weekend! She was proffesional, understanding and flexible to meet our needs.

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your review, Taylor. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me let other couples know about may services. I enjoyed working with you and performing one of may favorite ceremonies, the ancient hand fasting. Thank you for your invitation to your reception. We enjoyed the festivities and meeting the people at our table. I wish you joy in your new life together.
    Best.
    Megan Married on 09/22/2018
    Rev. Sue Olson did a great job with our ceremony. Everything ran very smoothly throughout the ceremony. Her words brought tears to people's eyes, including my now husband who was brought to tears at the acknowledgment of the families. We felt that was a beautiful way to let our families know we are all one now. It was the perfect ceremony for us and we couldn't be happier!

Hi Megan,
    I couldn't be happier that you were pleased with your ceremony, and I am so
    grateful for your taking the time to review me. It was a pleasure work with you.
    Thank you for everything. May your love grow stronger every day.
    Blessings,
    Dana Married on 09/15/2018
    Sue is a wonderful person to work with and we would highly recommend her services! We wanted something short, sweet, and secular but had no idea where to start. Sue was able to provide lots of resources and examples and, with her guidance and suggestions, we were able to create a very special and personalized ceremony that we loved. She was very patient with all of our questions leading up to the wedding and her kind, calm, and friendly demeanor was very much needed in the craziness of wedding planning. Planning from afar, we were not able to meet with Sue in person prior to our ceremony but she was always very quick to respond to our emails and flexible in speaking on the phone whenever needed. In the end, we had a beautiful ceremony that reflected us perfectly.

Greater Buffalo Weddings's reply:

Dana, thank you so much for this wonderful and thorough review, and for touching on so many of the responsibilities of being a wedding officiant. This is so helpful, and I appreciate the thought and care that you gave this. I really enjoyed working with you, and the phone conversations we had to put your ceremony together. I also loved working at the campground. What a beautiful natural setting! It was a day to be remembered and cherished. Thank you so much.