Great Life Music, Inc. Reviews

4 | Evanston, IL

4 Reviews for Great Life Music, Inc.

Great Life Music, Inc. 1
Great Life Music, Inc. 2
Great Life Music, Inc. 3

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2017

We hired Matt Lewis & The Union for our wedding and it was the perfect fit!!!!! Our initial prep meeting was at The Green Mill. Matt has a standing gig on Thursday nights with ALAN GRESIK SWING SHIFT ORCHESTRA. We had a blast seeing Matt perform in his element and it only made us more excited for our wedding. The day of our wedding, Matt Lewis & The Union had EVERYONE on the dance floor. They were absolutely phenomenal and read the crowd perfectly. Our favorite part was that he played the music we love and not just the regular "wedding songs." It truly was a magical evening all night and we could not have chosen a more perfect band to help us celebrate.

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Great Life Music, Inc. 4
    Great Life Music, Inc. 5
    Great Life Music, Inc. 6

Laura · Married on 09/05/2015

We hired Matt Lewis & the Union for our wedding at Ignite and, other than my choice of spouse, hiring Matt was hands down one of the best decisions I have ever made. Reasons below:

1. These guys are THE best wedding band either of us have ever seen. Maybe even one of the best live bands we've ever seen. Literally everybody we talked to during the ceremony and afterwards said something like [And I paraphrase] "your band was amazeballs."

2. Matt just has a great read on the crowd and what to play next. "Shut Up And Dance With Me" followed by "Blame It On The Boogie"? Yes please. These guys just kept the crowd dancing all.night.long. When you have 1/3 of your wedding attendees on the last bus home at 1230 you know that your band is doing something right.

3. Matt and team just know their music and can make it work -- they play a range of genres and have a wide set of stylings allowing them to fit in perfectly during the ceremony, entertain during cocktails and dinner and wow during dancing. Merriment acheived.

4. They do an amazing Horah.

5. Our first meeting was on Halloween. MATT SHOWED UP DRESSED AS DOC BROWN FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE. Nuff'.Said. You had me at, "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious shit.". Thanks, Matt.

So basically, the way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, or hire a wedding band that is rad, why not do it with some STYLE.

Also, PS, he just happens to be a really good guy and fun to talk to. Really, for being such a talented musician, they have surprisingly little angst and just a huge sense of fun and a deep appreciation for music.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Glynn · Married on 04/29/2017

We booked Matt Lewis and The Union for our wedding and they were wonderful! Matt is extremely sweet and really wants to make sure everyone at your wedding has a fabulous time (which they definitely did, I've already had people ask about them for their weddings!). They were so so fun! Every single person was on the dance floor, from young cousins to our grandparents. They also provided incredible music for our ceremony that was so beautiful, it took my breath away. They are willing to learn new songs, and are beyond accommodating. Matt even went out of his way to have my Dad play a couple songs with them (a bucket list event for him that he can’t stop talking about!). Book them for your wedding/or event. They’re professionals and so worth it!

Sent on 06/03/2017

amanda · Married on 03/02/2013

Our band (the Party Faithful) was INCREDIBLE. People kept coming up to me and saying "this isn't a wedding band, this is a concert" and commenting on the different "personas" that the band adapted as they sang different types of music/artists. Colby was amazing to work with - incredibly easy, listened to what we wanted in terms of music and actually played it. My fiance really wanted Greenday/90's music and The Party Faithful delivered. The dance floor was full all night long until the lights were turned on at the end of the night. I've even heard that one person called to leave a message on an answering machine just to save a piece of the night. HIGHLY recommend the Party Faithful - they're incredible!

Sent on 03/18/2013