Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

203 Reviews for Gourmet Bake Shoppe

Nut Free (2)
Dessert Buffet (1)
Lactose Free (1)
154 Gourmet Bake Shoppe Reviews

We ordered gluten free apple pies on a stick and gluten free toffee cookies for Thanksgiving. They were a big hit with both adults and children!!

Profile Picture Shawn, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Melissa’s cakes and service are outstanding! Would highly recommended!!!

Profile Picture Christina, 4/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I have used Gourmet Bake Shop or several events and am always pleasantly pleased with not only their work but work ethics.

Profile Picture Melody, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We had an amazing cake made and it was reasonably priced and delicious!! Thanks so much!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The bsby shower cake was fantastic! It looked perfect and was exactly what we wanted and tasted delicious too! We will be getting all our future cakes there.

Profile Picture Linda, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I ordered a promotion cake for my husband in the Air Force. It was absolutely beautiful. She was even able to make an F-16 to place on their as he has spent his entire career on that air frame. I have been recommending her and would definitely use again. I was even able to add delivery and set up service.

Profile Picture Tracy, 10/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

An absolute delight to work with! The cake was delicious and beautiful, we got so many comments on how good it was and how great it looked. Absolutely made the right choice.

Profile Picture Cristina, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The cake was amazing! It looked great and tasted so delicious. Everyon loved it. Wish I lived closer I would I be getting every birthday cake from her as well.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Chef Melissa was absolutely fantastic! She created a gorgeous cupcake display with a small cake on top for our wedding reception and nailed our steampunk theme and our colors perfectly. We went into the tasting expecting to choose one cupcake flavor and maybe a separate cake flavor and her samples were so good we wound up getting 5 different flavors of cupcake and a different cake flavor, with different colors of icing and edible gear decorations to color-code the various flavors. She took a brief description and a lousy sketch I made of my idea for a cake and cupcakes and turned it into an edible work of art. These were a huge hit with everyone at the reception and we could not be more pleased with her work!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

Chef Melissa is amazing to work with. There isn’t anything she CANNOT do!! Our cake was above and beyond what I imagined and it was such an important part of our wedding day! Not to mention how delicious the chocolate, strawberry, and key lime flavors were! Also, the chocolate and strawberry had liquor in it (even better if you ask me). Chef Melissa is so accommodating and overall an amazing baker! I highly recommend her services for any event in your life!
With gratitude,
A very satisfied bride

Profile Picture samantha, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wow!!! All I can say is Melissa is amazing! She was easy to get ahold of and very professional. I gave her a budget and what kind of cake I had in mind, and she completely nailed it. She recommended cupcakes and 6 inch top cake to cut into. This was the best idea ever, my guests got to chose from German chocolate, Almond Chambord, and Pina Colada. They were delicious! And not to mention, the display was phenomenal. She set up a nautical scene, utilizing a part of canoe to display the cupcakes. It was beautiful and not to mention the intricate design of the coral and seashells on the cupcakes. I am so happy I chose her to make my big day even more special! And to top it off, she included a complementary anniversary cake, so you don't have to worry about saving your cake the day of. Thank you so much Melissa!

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Cakes, Cupcakes

We had a GREAT experience with Chef Melissa, from the tasting to the day-of dropping the cake off. I was getting glammed up when the cake was dropped off, but my fiance was there and he was bummed that we didn't have the two flavors we agreed on for our guests. Apparently what was dropped off was the sheet cake (first flavor) for guests, as well as our bride/groom cake, in the second flavor. Both flavors were SOOOO good I didn't really care, but he wasn't pleased that our guests only got to try one flavor. I have gotten cakes before that are beautiful on the outside (as ours was) and not so great inside, but that was NOT the case here. Both flavors (white chocolate and cherry amaretto, I think?) were AMAZING! I can't wait to break out our 1st anniversary cake and eat some more! I have a sweet tooth, and take my cakes very seriously. They have to be moist, beautiful, and sweet but not cause an instant cavity. :) Both flavors of our cake were DIVINE!! Despite the tiny mixup with the flavor offerings to guests, I would absolutely go back to Melissa for all cake needs. She did a spectacular job! She was also flexible when the ribbon we mailed her from NY got lost in the mail, so she provided the ribbon for the cake herself. Seriously, those cake flavors were delicious!!! I also recommend doing what we did - we got a 3 tier cake, with only one real layer (bride/groom cake), and two fake layers. Then the guests are served slices from a sheet cake, and they never know the difference. It saves a ton of money!

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

Melissa is amazing!!!! She was able to design an incredible cupcake display for my wedding. Everyone complemented the set-up as well as the delicious cupcakes. I couldn’t have asked for more. Highly highly recommend.

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Chef Melissa was fantastic for our wedding cake! She met with us for a consultation right away and was budget friendly. The cake was delicious and we were so impressed with her work and attention to detail. The sugar peonies she made for us were incredible!

Profile Picture Ashley , 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands

Chef Melissa was very helpful in helping me stay on budget. I gave her a picture of what I wanted and when I saw my cake I absolutely loved it. I couldn't have asked for more. I will definitely be using her services again.

Profile Picture Danielle , 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Melissa is fantastic the cake was beautiful people couldn't keep there eyes off of it. Even when we ate the cake the texture, flavor, and deliciousness of it made people come back for more I thank her so much!!!

Profile Picture Christal, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I had a top tier wedding cake along with five different flavor cupcakes. We also rented the cupcake stand from Gourmet Bake Shoppe. The cupcakes were AMAZING! People could not stop raving about not only how tasty they were but not inventive the flavors were as well. Also one of the most inexpensive vendors we spoke with when figuring out our cake. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Meaghan, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

Melissa was amazing! She was so sweet, and accommodating. She designed my cake exactly how I dreamed it in my head. My cake actually turned out more beautiful than I could imagine, and it was so delicious! I highly, highly recommend her to make your wedding cake.

Profile Picture Trish, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

OMG! CHEF MELISSA MADE OUR VISION OF OUR WEDDING CAKE COME TRUE. MY FAVORITE COLOR IS PURPLE AND SHE MADE MY WEDDING CAKE CHAMPANGE AND PURPLE AND THE INSIDE HAD DIFFERENT SHADES OF PURPLE PLUS IT TASTED AWESOME. WE HAD FOUR TIERS AND IT WAS ALL GONE!!! EVERYONE LOVED IT! THANK YOU CHEF MELISSA FOR EVERYTHING!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

Profile Picture Marguerite, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Melissa did my fiancé graduation cake. I sent her a theme and she nailed it. Cake was moist and delicious and not expensive at all. I would definitely recommend Melissa to all my friends and family. Thanks again Melissa

Profile Picture ebony, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

OMG!! She made this part of my wedding magical! There was absolutely no stress with this part of my wedding! It was gorgeous and there is not a single thing I would do differently!

Profile Picture Brandee , 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Beyond amazing!! Cupcakes and cake tasted so delicious, recommend it to anyone!!

Profile Picture Dany, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Melissa was great. I lived in Durham but had my wedding on the Spirit of Norfolk. She sent me many samples in Durham to ensure I tried all the flavors before deciding. The delivery of the cake was on time, my wedding guest and, now, husband loved it. I would definitely recommend this company for anyone who is looking for a delicious cake for their occasion.

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

You know how most people make the cake look BEAUTIFUL & it taste EW? Not this lady! Everyone at the party loved the cake so much they wanted more! I am forevermore thankful for her, she did the cake in such short notice! You're the best! Thanks again!!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture French, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Chef Melissa is truly talented. She made us our rehearsal dinner "grooms cake" and our wedding cake. Both came out phenomenally!! My husband was a gluten allergy and she catered to that with ease. You couldn't even tell the difference! When we came to her house for a cake tasting, she had to most adorable display and really made us feel so excited and special! I will be using her in the future for any cakes I need!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Gluten Free, Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings