GLOW Artistry - On Location Makeup Artistry Reviews

49 | Matthews, NC

49 Reviews for GLOW Artistry - On Location Makeup Artistry

Jackie was so lovely to work with. She was relaxed the day of the wedding which definitely helped set a good tone for the day. Jackie listened to my requests and when it came time for the big day she executed them perfectly. She made sure that every girl was happy with their makeup before leaving for the day and took on more individuals than originally expected with enthusiasm. Overall I was very pleased with GlowArtistry for my wedding makeup.

We hired Jackie as a makeup artist for myself, my mother, MOH and mother-in-law for my wedding day and could not have been happier with how everything turned out. Jackie was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. She really understood that I was looking for a natural wedding-day look and I received so many compliments with how it turned out. My MOH and mother-in-law (from South America) have very different coloring than my mother and I, and also wanted different looks, and they were both equally pleased with how their makeup turned out. It lasted throughout the whole night and photographed beautifully as well. Additionally, she was an extremely calming presence throughout the getting-ready process and was a pleasure to have around during what could have been a stressful time. I would highly recommend Jackie for any bride, and hope I have an occasion in the future I can use her again!

Lisa & Eric · Married on 06/14/2014

I would recommend Jackie to any bride! I was nervous about finding a make-up artist for my wedding day because I wanted a natural look and to actually look myself on my wedding day. I explained this to Jackie and she completely got the look I was going for. Just enough make-up to enhance features and look amazing in pictures, but not change the look of my face. She is super friendly and responsive and was willing to work around my tight schedule (as I lived in another state). She also did an amazing job on my Mother and sister (who were also both a little nervous about getting their make-up done as they don't typically wear make-up) and they looked stunning! Thanks again Jackie and good luck in North Carolina!

Stacy · Married on 05/31/2014

Jackie was simply amazing to work with! She had previously done my makeup when I was a bridesmaid and there was no question that when I got married she would be there to make me look beautiful on the day of my wedding! In fact right after the date, venue and church were set... She was my next phone call! I would recommend her to anyone!!! She brings with her an amazing energy and gets along with all the girls and keeps the fun vibe going when getting ready with all your bridesmaids, family!

When I first began my search for a makeup artist, I was at a loss of where to begin. I have very pale skin with an olive undertone, so it tends to be a challenge to match makeup and my skin tone (the makeup is generally not fair enough). I was referred to Jackie of Glow Artistry by a close friend and am incredibly happy with the outcome. The makeup blended perfectly with my skin tone and it held up all day, which is no easy task. Jackie is absolutely wonderful to work with. She listens to what you're looking for and is accommodating and kind if you want to make any changes. I would highly recommend Jackie of Glow Artistry and will contact her for future events. Thank you, Jackie!

Bethany · Married on 03/29/2014

Jackie is amazing!!!! She does such beautiful makeup. Most makeup artists cake it on but Jackie did such a good job of making you look subtle up close but still so beautiful and stand out in pictures. She is so professional and super fast doing the makeup. We had 8 people getting their makeup done and we were done early with some time to relax. My friends are already claiming her as their makeup artist once they get engaged :) love her!

Stefanie · Married on 11/30/2013

I felt like the most beautiful girl in the world on my wedding day all thanks to GLOW Artistry! Make up is a big deal - and because of Jackie's talent It was one less thing I had to worry about on my big day! I trusted her completely. Just by looking at my skin tone and eye color, she was able to match the perfect shades for my face. She also did my mother's make up and my mom still talks about how great she looked at my wedding (because of her make up) till this day. She cares about her clients and it shows!

Jackie is a true professional! She is super organized which is so important on the big day, we were done expertly and on time! even squeezing in my mom last minute! That was a true testament, my mom loved all us girls makeup so much she decided to have hers done too and Jackie was so flexible!

We all looked beautiful, not over done or fake, just naturally beautiful. I highly recommend her for your big day!

Paige · Married on 09/29/2013

Jackie was wonderful to work with. She is very talented and knowledgeable about her work. The makeup felt natural, looked amazing and lasted all day and through the night!

Dana · Married on 09/06/2013

This was my second time working with Jackie (she was the makeup artist for a wedding that I was a bridesmaid in) and her services blew me away yet again! Once I started planning my wedding, I knew that I was going to reach out to her to have her be my makeup artist. She was extremely professional and promptly responded to all of my emails. Even though I was getting married in PA, she was very flexible and was willing to travel to my house (~60 miles)! My initial trial was short and sweet - I described to her what I was trying to accomplish and she made my vision come to life. I made a slight tweak on the day of my wedding and without prior practice, she was STILL able to nail "the look" I was going for!

She uses top quality makeup and for someone with oily skin, I was nervous using liquid foundation but it stayed on flawlessly all day! Her finished product looks like she spent hours creating it, but she is super efficient and quick (which came in handy on my wedding day since a minor hair fiasco significantly reduced the amount of time she had to work with us)!

Lastly, for everything you get from Jackie, her pricing is VERY reasonable (you even get your wedding lipstick included in the price)!! All in all, Jackie was absolutely amazing on my wedding day. My bridesmaids RAVED about her services and still tell me how amazing she was to this day. She was on time, kept her workspace clean (which was important since I didn't want makeup all over my house!!) and was super professional and a delight to work with. I would definitely reccommend her services to any future bride!! A++++++!!!

M · Married on 08/03/2013

Jackie was terrific. She was responsive throughout the process and flexible with regard to the number of individuals she would be working on the morning of my wedding. She was timely, easy going and did really great work. My Mom, who is a tough customer at times, was very happy with her makeup. And my makeup lasted for hours and looked really natural and pretty. I would recommend Jackie to anyone.

Bridget · Married on 07/28/2013

I am so, so happy I found this place for my wedding make-up! Jackie was so incredibly sweet, pleasant, and easy-going that she made the whole preparation for the day stress-free. At our trial she wrote down everything that she did so that on the day of she knew exactly what to do to recreate the same natural but beautiful look. I am fair with light eyes, as are my mom and sister, and we really wanted a very natural look. Jackie managed to do just that, making sure our skin looked flawless and our make-up enhanced without being a distraction. It held up very well through the whole night, even after some tears and a lot of dancing, and in our pictures we look like the best version of ourselves. I highly recommend this place!

Megan · Married on 07/12/2013

I can not recommend Jackie and GLOW artistry highly enough. She really came to the rescue, as I was still looking for a make up artist about 3 weeks before our wedding. Immediately from our trial, she put me at ease and captured the look I was hoping for! Her make up is natural and beautiful. Jackie will truly make you GLOW for your big day!

Jackie was amazing! I don't usually wear makeup, so I didn't want anything too heavy. She totally embraced this idea and succeeded far beyond my expectations. I looked just like an improved version of myself, but with a natural glow. She also very accurately estimated how long it would take to do makeup for myself, my 4 bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law and she was very punctual on the day of our wedding. She was very responsive to all of my emails and gave really great recommendations for other vendors. I really enjoyed working with Jackie and will recommend her to everyone I know!

GLOW artistry was amazing! I have never felt more beautiful! My makeup lasted ALL day through happy tears and everything! I highly recommend GLOW artistry to any bride that is looking for a natural flawless look. Jackie does phenomenal work!

Kristin · Married on 04/06/2013

AMAZING make up, service and made me calm all morning!! With all the stress leading up to my wedding my skin was not flawless by any means, and Jackie made all my photos look perfect. She was absolutely someone to work with. So relaxed and reassuring!

Cadence · Married on 10/11/2012

Jackie was GREAT! She walked me through everything, worked with my sister and I to make us look our best. If I wasn't a fan of something, she immediately took care of it and adjusted. She came well prepared and made sure to write down everything she was doing so that she could re-create our beauty for the big day. She was very reasonable with prices and I would use her again =)

I was recommended to Jackie by my sister's friend who used her for her wedding. They loved her so much and told me I HAD to have her! We loved her just as much, and now my sister is using her as well. She does an excellent job making you look and feel beautiful on your big day. I would recommend her to anyone!

Katie · Married on 09/22/2012

Jackie was absolutely incredible. She's professional, kind, honest, and does amazing work. She was so flexible to work with my schedule for the trial before the wedding where we went through everything. She made sure I loved everything that day so I had no worries the day of the wedding. I felt 100% comfortable with her and she made me feel stunning on my wedding day! Jackie worked with myself, my bridesmaids, and my mom for the wedding- everyone loved their makeup and it looked amazing in pictures. It didn't feel thick or heavy and lasted all night. I would do it all over again, if I could!

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2012

AMAZING, Flawless!! Jackie is the best!! She makes you feel like a million dollars and does such a great job.. I did so many trials before I met her and a friend sent me to her and I willl recommend her to any bride I know that is in NJ!! the quality of servie and how she worked with me was GREAT/!!

Dana · Married on 08/25/2012

Jackie from Glow artistry is simply amazing! from when i first met her during my trial, she listened to what I wanted, and did what i asked for! She made me and my girls look stunning, without makeup being caked on! I dont know what else to say but that YOU NEED to use her!

Krystina · Married on 08/11/2012

Jackie was absolutely amazing. She made someone who is probably one of the biggest tomboys in the entire world into someone who felt and looked beyond beautiful. When she came to my house to do a trial and totally knew that she would be perfect to do the makeup for myself and my party. I love how she did everyone's makeup in a simple manner and yet stunning at the same time. She was right on time with everything and made the entire party look amazing! Jackie is a very personable and is great at what she does. I recommend her to anyone who is looking to have someone who understands the bride’s vision and makes that vision comes true!!!

Jackie did make up for my entire bridal party & everyone looked absolutely stunning! She was professional & punctual...my girls all loved her too because she was so kind and easy to talk to-- everyone was very comfortable w/ Jackie & very pleased with their make-up! Highly recommend!!!

Melissa · Married on 03/24/2012

Jaclyn, was perfectly poised and professional, even when I had a mini melt down she walked me thru it all and I came out on the other side looking perfect. I love the products she used, and even though she was seven months pregnant at the time she was an absolute joy to be around. Thanks for everything Glow Artistry! I would not hesitate to use them for any need in the future.

Maura · Married on 03/17/2012

Jackie at Glow Artistry was a great find! She is so professional and organized. At the trial, we tried a few things until we landed on the look and she wrote it all down so there would be no last minute stress. The day of the wedding she was not only early but made five women look gorgeous! I have already recommended Glow Artistry to a few friends and they are booking! Thank you, Jackie!