Gary McQuillen Reviews

Gary McQuillen 3
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/02/2019

5/5 Stars!!!!

Gary is hilarious and fun. He made our wedding perfect with his personalized vows. He met with us prior to the wedding to discuss our details, assured us he was making a draft of our vows, allowing us to make edits, and then kept close contact with us throughout our wedding process. Guests believed Gary was family he was so kind and spoke about our love in a very touching way.

Gary McQuillen 4
    Sent on 11/10/2019

Carla · Married on 08/31/2019

Best Commissioner out there!

Where to start! My husband and I eloped with our family present. I planned everything in two days and Gary was so sweet and patient. He made sure that everything went without a hitch, he was so funny and sweet, made everything less tense for both of us. Anxiety was running high but good anxiety of course and Gary kept us on track and it all felt so natural. I was so glad I found Gary because I wouldn't have imagined it better. Thank you Gary, you are a blessing!

Gary McQuillen 5
    Sent on 12/14/2018

Erin Yen · Married on 08/10/2019

Gary was Great

What can't I say about Gary? He was one of our most responsive vendors during our destination wedding in western virginia. He worked tirelessly with us on our vows, supporting all of the decisions we made regarding length, content, and delivery. His good humor throughout the process, the rehearsal, and the wedding made everybody feel at ease. I am amazed at how much help he gave us and how much he was willing to travel for our wedding. He's very sweet.

Sent on 08/31/2019

Melissa Albright · Married on 03/18/2019

Amazing, kind and personable wedding officiant!

Gary came out on a rainy and very cold day, outside of his typical service area and provided us with a beautifully written and personable wedding ceremony. He truly seemed to enjoy intermingling and getting to know our friends and family. I highly recommend Gary .

Sent on 04/01/2019

Christina · Married on 12/28/2018

Thank you, Gary!

Gary made our wedding day all the more special. He expertly lead our small, intimate ceremony. Gary was incredibly helpful in guiding us through every aspect of the ceremony including our vows, marriage license, and changing my last name. If you are getting married in the Williamsburg, Virginia area, it would be a mistake not to work with Gary. We could not be more thankful to have worked with Gary.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Kimberly Atkinson · Married on 11/01/2018

We couldn't have asked for better

My husband and I were married by Gary a couple months ago. He is quick with responses, flexible with his schedule (esp since it was around the holidays), and was very helpful with any questions we had before and even after the ceremony. He was even the one to help us find the place for the ceremony. When we met with him, he was open about himself and made us feel very comfortable (we "eloped" and it was just my husband and I) and like he was really there for us. It meant so much and we are so thankful to have found him for the most important day to us. Thank you Gary!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Alyssa · Married on 10/27/2018

I can't say enough wonderful things about Gary. He's truly an incredible individual! He made us laugh, he made us cry, he was easy to communicate with and really wanted to make our ceremony special (he did this easily!). He's one of those people you want to stay in contact with because he was just that special to you. I am so glad we chose him to marry us. You can't go wrong with Gary!

Gary McQuillen 6
    Sent on 12/11/2017

Kristin · Married on 10/14/2018

Did a great job with our ceremony

Gary was a pleasure to work with. He was charming and the ceremony he wrote for us was meaningful and sweet. He asked for our input and with his help we created a ceremony that was a blend of traditional and modern. We definitely recommend him.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Courtney-Lee · Married on 08/08/2018

Words cannot express how lucky/thankful/blessed we were to have Gary perform our ceremony! We had a simple, intimate ceremony at the Williamsburg courthouse and it was beyond perfect in every way. Being out of state at the time, Gary was able to guide us through the process with ease. He was available through phone, text and email. He always followed up and had an answer to every question. The first time we met Gary face to face was at the courthouse the day of the wedding. It was as if we were reuniting with an old friend!! His demeanor is warm and welcoming and true. Gary exceeded all of our expectations!! I hope that he is the first person you contact for your wedding ceremony!! Gary, thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Kara · Married on 03/31/2018

Gary was awesome! He kept in touch with us through email and text throughout the entire process and let us read his script beforehand so we could make any changes we wanted to. Gary walked us through the entire ceremony and made sure we were comfortable. I can't recommend Gary enough, especially for the VERY reasonable price.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Ashley · Married on 02/15/2018

Mr. McQuillen was great! Very flexible and kind!

Sent on 02/16/2018

Shera Dawn · Married on 12/21/2017

He was great! Very flexible when we had to change times/days.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Nina · Married on 04/22/2017

Gary is an excellent officiant we were very happy with his services.

Sent on 05/06/2017
  • Emilee

Emilee · Married on 04/15/2017

Gary is a wonderful person, I couldn't imagine our day without him. Our ceremony was so beautiful, Gary's words truly touched our hearts. I would highly recommend booking Gary.

Sent on 04/24/2017
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 04/01/2017

Gary was terrific! My husband and I wrote the ceremony together and then sent it off to Gary to review. He was fast to respond and so helpful. Gary did a terrific job on the wedding day - we were so pleased! I would recommend him highly!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Ebbony · Married on 01/01/2017

I found Gary using a Google Search of the area. I selected him because of all his amazing reviews. I contacted Gary through the Wedding Wire site and he quickly responded back with his resume. He was available on the day of our ceremony and offered to provide vows since we did not want to write our own. Gary was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire experience. He was on time for our service and very friendly. I would highly recommend Gary.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Kelsey · Married on 12/10/2016

Gary is very accommodating and helpful! He helped with the flow of the ceremony every step of the way. Highly recommended! Thank you!

Sent on 12/18/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/31/2016

Just amazing! Gary is just a wonderful person! He was so easy to work with. You can tell he loves what he does.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Megan · Married on 10/08/2016

Although Gary was booked for our wedding date we really enjoyed meeting with him. He was prompt and responsive with getting in touch and put our minds at ease. Anyone will be lucky to have this gentleman officiate their wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/20/2016

We were so pleased that Gary could perform our wedding. He is so great and professional! He always got back to us very quickly and kept us informed throughout the process. We could not have been happier and definitely recommend him! Thank you Gary for making our day even more perfect!

Love, Ashley and Chris

Sent on 08/31/2016

Katherine · Married on 08/20/2016

Gary was a absolute pleasure to work with! My husband and I decided to elope (none religious ceremony) without making anyone but our parents aware and he was willing to meet us on a weekday and time that worked best for us and even had multiple suggestions on places to wed at. In the end we chose Williamsburg Botanical Gardens and he was on time and very professional! I didn't think we had an audience, but once he pronounced us married and allowed us to kiss we heard tons of cheering - turns out a local high school came in for a field trip... Gary was able to keep us so in tune with one anther that we had no clue! I would suggest Gary to any and every couple!! He was even able to take care of submitting the paper work that day to the court as well as putting together our ceremony script and allowed for me to make any changes I wanted!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Gary was great! Would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Tamara · Married on 07/02/2016

Mr. Gary McQuillen officiated our wedding and we couldn’t have been happier with our choice. We had minimal time in planning our wedding with absolutely no rehearsal. He gave his recommendations and everything flowed smoothly. He kept in touch with us up until the day of the wedding and if we had a question, he was there to answer it. We couldn’t be happier with our decision of choosing Gary to officiate our wedding.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Alexandra · Married on 06/11/2016

Gary was a pleasure to work with! He wrote wonderful vows, was very responsive when we needed to communicate and all around a wonderful officiant! Gary did an excellent job and made our day very special. I would highly recommend using Gary as your officiant.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Heather · Married on 04/29/2016

Gary was great!!! We needed a wedding officiant in Williamsburg last minute. He responded to my email inquiry by phone within 15 minutes and was very accommodating. He helped us pick a place outdoors to be married and stayed in close communication throughout the days leading up to the wedding date and even via text as we made the three hour trip in and met with heavy traffic. He was very professional and extremely personable. We would rec him to any couple in need of this service!!!!!

Sent on 05/24/2016