29 Reviews for Food in Bloom Catering

Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
29 Food in Bloom Catering Reviews

Thanks for all your job!!! Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/18/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
2.2

I had my daughter pick the caterer she wanted. I asked them to stay under a certain budget and they did not and then tacked on extra fees after I paid. In addition, we were looking for help on the best way to set up the small wedding and did not get great help. We asked for an outside tent at the venue and of course it was raining. We actually did not need the tent. I could have use the extra $2000 for better decorations. Also, the tent was set up so that the guests had to walk out in the rain to get to the tent -when it could have been set up over the door. The food was fair and the service was okay. Since, this was a vendor we had to use for the venue I felt that we were not special and the event was marred by these points. When I brought this up to them after the wedding it was basically ignored and not handled.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Pam, 2/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We could not have pulled off our wedding without Annessa, Kristen and Food in Bloom. Our group of vendors—JOS Studios, The Castaway, DMoeFunk, Pomarius Nursery, SE Wine Collective, Rogers Collection, Beaverton Bakery, 1927 S'mores—really went above and beyond, but without Annessa and Kristin it'd never have happened, to the point that, despite planning a destination wedding, we didn't hire a day-of coordinator (used that part of the budget for Ruby Jewel ice cream sandwiches!). From the first phone call, they were on top of things. They made the space perfect, picking furniture rentals and layouts to create soft seating and plenty of space to dance. They even made a Gobo so our logo shone into the middle of the dance floor, a really sweet surprise they presented right before the ceremony.

We decided to pass food throughout the night. They laid out prosciutto and cheeses from the Rogers Collection beautifully, then planned out each passed course independently. �Killer orzo salad, lobster cups, parmesan crisps with gruyere and artichoke spread, shaved artichoke and lemon, tomato tarts, slides (burgers, croque monsieur, reubens), skewers (shrimp, Greek chicken, caprese)...the food was fantastic. I don't think people usually remember the food at weddings, but we've gotten comments from so many guests about specifics. Things like presenting the skewers in wheatgrass made a great impact. There was plenty of staff to pass food and drinks, and after passing food, it was displayed on a really cool piece of furniture that guests could make plates for themselves.

We passed wine before the ceremony; cocktails, wine and beer for about an hour after; and then just had an open bar during the reception. Kristin and Annessa found really great options for dessert, 1927 S'Mores came out to make s'mores on site. Fantastic food, attentive and fun staff, amazing coordination and very creative—we couldn't have done it without them!

Profile Picture Andrew, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Asian, French, Italian, Local, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Southern

Wow...I don't know what to say, except that our wedding was perfect and a lot of that had to do with Food In Bloom!!! Annessa was our event manager and she did a wonderful job throughout the entire process! She was great to work with our budget and to help us organize our thoughts, ideas, and timeline of events. Also, if you use this vendor...ask about the S'MORE Bar!!!! It was the hit of our wedding!!!

Also, if you use them, treat the staff with respect and friendly-ness. They deserve it, they were amazing!!!

Thank you Food In Bloom...I will recommend you to anyone that asks!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Organic, Bartender(s), House Wine

Food in Bloom was great! The food turned out awesome! They were really helpful in switching our room around from ceremony to reception, and very reasonably priced!! Thank you F & B

Profile Picture Carrie, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food in Bloom provided catering services for our wedding reception of 200 guests at the Exchange Ballroom. Krystal was our sales representative. She was friendly, responsive, and listened to what we wanted. She had great ideas for what to serve, from a hot cider station pre-ceremony through the entrees and up through the Salt & Straw ice cream we just had to have. The food was phenomenal at the tasting, and the quality was not diminished at the wedding despite the fact that they had to simultaneously serve 200 people. (We chose plated dinner.) The servers were also very friendly and made sure my husband and I had our own plate of hors d'oeuvres and a glass of wine immediately after the ceremony, and they personally checked on us throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed. This was much appreciated, because for the day or two leading up to the wedding, in addition to the wedding itself, we didn't have 5 minutes to eat or drink unless someone (like FiB) was looking out for us. Everyone I interacted with at Food in Bloom from the first meeting through the wedding reception was friendly and respectful. The only misstep for the entire day's event was that the bar, with the wine we personally provided, was opened earlier than discussed.... leading to our guests going through our cases of wine too quickly. This was a potentially expensive misstep. However, Krystal and her team immediately made it right and were more than fair in how they reconciled our bill at the end of the day. With such a large event with so many moving parts, it seems almost inevitable that some errors or miscommunications can happen. How they are addressed is a good marker of honesty and professionalism. In the end, we were even more impressed with Krystal and Food in Bloom in how professionally they identified, acknowledged, and fully addressed their misstep. I have no reservations in recommending Food in Bloom!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/8/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We recently used Food in Bloom to cater our wedding. With all the dynamics that go into planning a wedding Food in Bloom was there every step of the way, making necessary menu changes, changes due to guest list size, budget revisions, and doing it all without hesitation. They truly made the planning for our event easy and bearable. Krystal, our event manager was prompt and diligent, and attended multiple walk throughs with us at our venue prior to the event in order to ensure everything went off without a hitch. The day of staff was incredibly polite and courteous. We were even assigned a dedicated wait person for our head table to assist with getting food and drinks, and even filling a to go container for us as we left. I honestly don't think think the event would have gone off as well as it did if not for Food In Bloom.

Profile Picture User4362370, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Krystal and her Food in Bloom team made my special day extra special. The food were amazing. Four months after the wedding, I still have people from my wedding comment on how wonderful the buffet was! Thank you for everything! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Yifan, 8/8/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

"My daughter had originally planned a wedding in France but her plans changed when she and her fiancé were relocated to Oregon. Upon returning to Oregon we hired Krystal Kelch of Food In Bloom as our wedding planner and coordinator. Within a very short period of time Krystal planned and organized a flawless outdoor wedding in a remote vineyard site and catered a reception and fabulous dinner for 160 guests. The food was fresh, delicious and beautifully displayed. The service provided by Food In Bloom was prompt, friendly and efficient.
Throughout the whole process Krystal dealt with the numerous details of planning and executing the wedding, reception and dinner while remaining calm and confident. She assured us the event would be both beautiful and perfect. In short, she was extremely professional. I now refer to her as “Wonder Woman”. I truly cannot say enough good things about her and about the people at FIB.
Our wedding was an elegant and memorable night thanks to Krystal and everyone at Food In Bloom. Everything about the experience exceeded my highest expectations. I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of planning and organizing an event."

Profile Picture User2410952, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Food in Bloom got rave reviews at our recent summer wedding in Portland! We had several amazing appetizers, and for dinner the braised beef, pan-seared cod and portobello mushroom steak - all were delicious! Bar service was top-notch as well. The staff were lovely to work with both before and during the wedding day. Thank you F.I.B.!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/28/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food in Bloom was on the higher end of the options in Portland, but once you actually see and taste the other options, it's really not a choice at all. We were appalled by some of the 'top' caterers in the area, as their appetizers were no better than what I could get in the frozen aisle at Costco. One of the preferred caterers for several of the venues we visited actually did their consultation and tasting out of a trailer and shared a lot with a strip club. I can't make this stuff up.

Food in Bloom was heads and shoulders above the competition in terms of food quality, professionalism and presentation. Even though it was a little more than we intended to spend, Krystal Kelch presented us with several options to make the menu work for our budget. She is wonderful to work with and you can tell she really knows what she's doing. The best part was that she had relationships with many of the other vendors we were using. We needed a few ad hoc items like an arch for the ceremony, ceremony chairs, etc. and instead of renting those separately, she sub contracted those items from other vendors, added them to her bill and took care of all the logistics, including set up and take down. We were thrilled to deal with fewer vendors and the price she got was the same or better in most cases.

The most important review for a caterer is feedback from our guests. Everyone told us the food was phenomenal and many people even commented on the wonderful presentation of the dishes. The only thing we ran out of was bread (I think people early in the line took way more than predicted) and even though I agreed to the amount we thought would satisfy the number of guests, Krystal still credited us $50 for running out. Top notch customer service and execution. Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Merrin, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I would HIGHLY recommend Food in Bloom.

Having never hired a catering company for anything, I was a complete novice for the whole process--searching for one, interviewing with one (what to look for??), creating a menu with enough food and beverage but also within budget, and then the biggie--execution. At my first meeting with Krystal, my coordinator, and every meeting, conversation, & email after I was struck by her thoroughness to detail, promptness, and competency. I never once had a doubt that all plans would executed as we discussed and trusted her opinion and experience with my decision making. My venue, Leach Botanical Garden, needed a weather alternative set up on premise and in our first meeting she was confidently prepared with floor plans for both in-door and out-door spaces. She is the tops in my book!

The food was delicious, a real high note, to a wonderful wedding. Plus the day-of staff of chef, servers, bartender, and coordinator brought a warmth to our event with their positive attitudes and kind smiles as they served. They set up, they broke down, and I (and my mom) didn't worry about a thing. Truly wonderful!

Profile Picture Meredith, 5/23/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

YUMMMMMMMY!!!! Seriously. They are really good at what they do and they are flexible with the menu you want. We wanted to have some Japanese food at our wedding and they not only did it, they added their own twist that made it taste even better. The service was phenomenal! The individual who was taking care of my husband and I at the reception anticipated our every need. He made us feel comfortable as well, which is truly priceless on a nerve-wrecking day. Erin Hight, who was our contact, and she was so cool! Fun to be around, imaginative, and knew her stuff. We had salmon, which we heard was risky at any wedding, and they did a great job! Couldn't have asked for a better caterer!

Profile Picture Erika, 5/23/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our wedding planner, EJP Events, recommended Food In Bloom and I am so glad that we hired them. Kris Kremer is amazing! From the very first time we met with her, we knew we were in good hands. When we described what we were looking for in catering, she came up with a wonderful, delicious menu that our guests are still talking about. I would highly recommend Food In Bloom for any memorable event. I will certainly request their services in the future.

Profile Picture Marci, 11/23/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

My favorite thing about Food In Bloom Catering is that they are associated with a great venue space as well...Montgomery Park in NW Portland. The venue location in and of itself was amazing! Great natural light and plenty of space to move around. We had a large number of compliments on how fantastic the venue was -- modern and sophisticated look and feel. The architecture makes for fun photos too! Even from the beginning of our planning with Food in Bloom it was like we were the only clients they were working with. They gave us a dedicated event coordinator (Erin Hight) that met with us as often as we needed. She was AMAZING. Had a ton of great ideas and thoughts on how to make our wedding unique and fun. She was VERY detailed orientated and made sure that we got exactly what we wanted. The catering aspect was amazing as well. The food options were abundant but easy to narrow down in relation to our preferences. We did tastings before final decisions and were cautious of how the food would actually taste at the buffet on the wedding night. Shouldn't have even worried...the food was exactly the same even in the large quantity. Every single food item that we ordered had an awesome taste and looked very upscale. The meat (steak and pork) was cooked perfectly! All guests were talking even couple weeks later about the food. Food in Bloom also made it very easy to get the right event rentals - tables, dinnerware, linens, etc. Reasonable price and something we didnt have to worry about. Food in Bloom is very professional; what you receive in service, product, food, etc. far outweighs the amount paid. It was a pleasure to work with Erin and Food in Bloom -- I didn't need to worry about anything!

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/9/13, 5 Reviews

I worked with Kris Kremer for my wedding at the Lan Su Chinese Garden and I can say that she and the people at Food In Bloom not only met but categorically exceeded in every avenue of food quality, service, friendliness of staff and even acted on my behalf to make using the garden easy. I would use them for any event or occasion as my guest raved about the food they made and the interactiveness of the staff. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give Kris and the folks at Food in Bloom a 15!

Profile Picture User3595882, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Imagine: fresh, colorful, decadent, delicious, piece of art, flavorful, in season… Food In Bloom’s food is delicious. They go the extra mile to make sure your needs/wants are met. Food allergies? No problem. Krystal Kelch worked with us to make sure not only the food was what we wanted, but that our vision for our wedding, and our personalities were incorporated into the dishes. We had passed hors d'oeuvres during our cocktail hour, a buffet style dinner, dessert bar with ice cream macaroons and cupcakes, and popcorn for late night snacks. Anything we wanted, Food in Bloom made sure we had as long as it was in season. Portland is known for it’s great foodie culture, and Food in Bloom was our choice so that our guests could have a feel for Portland at our wedding. At our tasting Krystal made sure if we wanted something tweaked that we could do that and get to taste it to see if we liked it. We knew we wanted a specialty cocktail and had a hard time deciding on one. Krystal helped us create our own - and brought us a sample right then and there! The organization, efficiency and professionalism from Krystal Kelch, and our day of event manager Tom, was flawless! Our guests are still telling us 3 weeks later that the food was great! :)

Profile Picture User3609205, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food in Bloom is amazing. Our guests are still talking about the best wedding food that they've ever had! Food in Bloom’s commitment to fresh, local and in-season food was the perfect match for our eco-friendly wedding at the Ecotrust building. From the first meeting, Krystal Kelch made the planning process easy; she helped us create the perfect menu that included all of our dietary needs, including delicious vegan and gluten-free options. On the day of the wedding, Krystal and her team did their magic and executed a flawless event with beautiful presentation, exceptional food and the most professional service. Food in Bloom made our wedding visions come to life, and we were able to just sit back and enjoy our day.

Profile Picture Ami , 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Krystal Kelch is absolutely fantastic! Not only did she help create the perfect customized wedding menu for my husband and I within our price point but she went above and beyond helping with the entire planning process. The food was excellent, the service extremely professional and the flexibility to really create what we wanted was incredible! Honestly, working with Krystal was one of the best decisions we made!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 8/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Wow - from the very beginning Food in Bloom, and in particular Kris Kremers, was all I could have hoped for. The first draft of the menu was EXACTLY what I had described, she was so helpful in organizing needs for rentals and lighting and decor for the vibe I wanted, and I am still getting compliments on how great the food and drinks were. The bartender was even perfect and gracious - everything was just PERFECT!!

Profile Picture Rosemary , 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I am so thankful to Kris at Food in Bloom. The caterers that we booked went out of business only a few months before our wedding. Food in Bloom was awesome enough to step in and even let us wait to pay the deposit until we received a refund from the other caterers. They remade the menu from the other caterers perfectly (ALL vegetarian - appetizers, the meal (the country-fried tofu was a HIT even among our carnivore friends and family), and desserts)! I can't tell you how good the food was - if you need vegetarian food, I highly recommend FIB (I'm sure the meat is good too). Kris was very helpful and kind. There was a few emails that took a week or two to get a response and we ended up having to pay a significant amount after the wedding for extra alcohol (we explained that our friends and family will take full advantage of the open bar so I wished they had given us a better estimate for the alcohol) but otherwise no complaints!!

Profile Picture User2363652, 2+ years ago, 14 Reviews
Category: Catering

We are so happy we selected Food in Bloom as our catering team for our wedding. They did a fantastic job and stayed with us every step of the way and helped with ideas and suggestions that really guided our vision. We have since received so many compliments on both the food and service. Thanks Food in Bloom!

Profile Picture Chris, 7/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

What a fantastic job Food in Bloom did for my daughter's wedding on January 26th! Our guests felt so pampered by all of the very professional service staff as they passed hors doeurves for the cocktail hour and then again for dinner. The signature cocktail was so pretty and refreshing and Kris had great ideas for adding in simple but fun touches, such as striped straws for the drinks. From our first meeting, Food in Bloom really listened to my daughter's vision and they made it a reality. Even though Food in Bloom is a prestigious caterer, they never brushed off any of our questions or requests. Everything was done in a timely manner, and we were put at ease. The food was amazing ... the chef was fantastic! ... plenty to go around for all of our guests and absolutely piping hot and delicious. The presentation was beautiful and the servers were so attentive to all of our requests and genuinely took the time to make sure everything was going smoothly. Kris put together a classy candy buffet in silvers, whites and pinks which was enjoyed by all. Tom (the event manager) was so great to work with and answered all of my questions in a timely manner (as did Kris). Our guests all felt so special as Food in Bloom pampered them. Love Food in Bloom and only wish we had another wedding to do so we could contract with them all over again.

Profile Picture SHARON, 1/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

It was such a pleasure to work with Food in Bloom and especially Kris, our event planner. Kris is a wonderful communicator, checking in, telling us when she would be more and less available, and constantly making sure our needs/wants were being met. Kris just also has a wonderful, sunny attitude, that makes everything easier and more fun. The day of the wedding could not have been better. They were able to adjust when the timing for things was a little sooner than we planned. The staff was incredibly friendly. I was treated with such great care by every single member of the team. And let's not forget, the food! Food and Bloom and Kris listened to our vision, helped us shape that vision, and made it happen. Everything was absolutely delicious. I can't say enough good things.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Beautiful presentation and delicious food! We received many compliments from our guests who told us this was, by far, the tastiest wedding food they had ever had. Leading up to the wedding, Food in Bloom was prompt, receptive, and thorough. They seamlessly integrated the pan-Asian influences we desired into the menu. At the reception, we were impressed not only by the food itself but by their staff, who were of the highest quality. With so many people to see and thank, it is easy for the bride and groom to miss out on the food, but our wonderful servers made sure this didn't happen!

View Vendor Response