14 Reviews for FareStart Catering

House Liquor (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Lighting (1)
14 FareStart Catering Reviews

We had our wedding at Farestart in May 2018 and absolutely loved everything about it. The behind the scenes work of setting up the wedding was smooth, the presentation of the room was amazing and was complemented by the spectacular view of Seattle and the Sound. The food was well presented and tasted wonderfully. The room also was great for the ambiance as the sun set and the dance floor came alive. Everything went perfectly.

Profile Picture Nathan, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Nina and her staff made our wedding celebration even better than we could have imagined. Their professionalism, kindness, quality and substance were more than we could have asked for. The food was delicious, the venue was breathtaking and the knowledge of knowing that everything was in the hands of people who really card about our event was refreshing and a God-Send.
Thanks, Nina and the FareStart team. Your quality is another shining example of why we support your organization.

Profile Picture Jacquie, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Indoor, Scenic Views, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations

Our wedding reception was held at the Pacific Tower. Everyone had such a blast! I was worried at first about the amount of people we had, more than we anticipated. Nina, our catering event coordinator, made everything work. She is patient, understanding, and detail oriented! I'm so glad to have worked with Nina. She really made our wedding day go smoothly.
Everyone was stunned by the view of the Panoramic Room. We moved out of WA state a few months before our wedding, we are so happy we choose Pacific Tower for our reception. It meant so much to us to have the view of Seattle in our background.

Nina's staff was great to work with. They really took care of us and made sure we had everything we needed and had all the details down to a T. It was really an amazing experience. I am soo glad we choose FareStart out of all the other venues we looked at. OH-- the food was amazing! We had a buffet and everyone loved the food!

Profile Picture Sandy, 8/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

FareStart provided both the venue and food for our ceremony and we couldn't have been happier! The Panoramic Room at the Pacific Tower has truly beautiful views--our guests were amazed. The food was wonderful, definitely the best we've ever had at a wedding. We didn't have a wedding planner but the staff at FareStart was great about working with us and our vendors to make sure that we got hitched without a hitch! And FareStart has a great mission that we were so happy to support. I'm glad that the money we spent on our reception could go to such a great cause!

Profile Picture Steve, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Farestart is a phenomenal organization, and the catering services did not disappoint. From the initial estimates, to the menu planning, to site visits, and the final day-of execution, the Farestart catering team truly went above and beyond to make our wedding memorable. My husband and I chose Farestart primarily for their mission, as we both strongly believe in and wanted to support the work they do by building work skills for sustainable jobs and better lives. It was simply a huge bonus that their food is SO good! My husband is a vegan, and it's frankly hard to find mainstream catering companies that provide quality, tasty vegan options (not just looking for veggie food skewers, but good vegan food options!) along with hearty meat portions for all of our guests (and myself, the non-vegan in this relationship). Farestart went above and beyond to create a vegan friendly menu that would satisfy all of our guests, in addition to my hungry vegan husband. The result? Most of our meat-loving guests RAVED not only about the chicken and salmon entrees, but revered the vegetable napoleon as the best dish of the night! My mom went on to email the staff for the recipe!

In addition to the outstanding food, the Farestart team went above and beyond for personable, professional service. We so appreciate the flexibility it took to work with an off-site venue up in Snohomish with limited kitchen (as in very little to any) equipment. On your wedding day, the goal is for everything to go as smoothly as possible, which it did, largely in part to the capability and professionalism of the Farestart staff. From setting up our dessert table, bar, appetizers, and dinner service, to helping move chairs and clean-up the venue, everything was done smoothly behind the scenes and we are deeply grateful to Farestart for helping make our day so special!

Profile Picture Tanya, 8/8/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

AMAZING! We couldn't have asked for more professional service. Great food, great venue, great service, and a great cause!

Profile Picture Deana, 1/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

This venue is cosy while still have an open-feeling and high ceilings. Everyone loved the food. And everyone loved the idea of supporting a business with a mission to feed and train people in need to cook! The food was served on time which was important to me because I hired my photographer to only shoot 2 hours of photography at my reception. In the two hours that my photographer was there we managed to feed everyone, cut the cake, throw the bouquet, and get some dancing photos. The staff at FareStart made this all come together. When we asked for something we got polite fast service. Local Seattleites adored the charm, good-character, delicious food, and wanted to come back! I received a nice thank you letter for FareStart that felt very personal and truthful. We felt like we made a difference and FareStart made our reception fun and memorable!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/29/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We recieved so many compliments.

Profile Picture Kerry, 7/7/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

FareStart Catering provided excellent service, an incredible venue, and delicious food for our wedding at the Pacific Tower. Nina Valles, our Catering Sales Associate, was positive and responsive to our many needs from beginning to end. It is so evident by the outcome of our wedding that FareStart has high expectations of their staff; they emphasize quality of food and service, as well as attentiveness to their clients. We would highly recommend FareStart Catering for your next special event.

Profile Picture Allison, 3/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My catering sales associate, Nina, was a pleasure to work with. She was thorough and patient, even when I had multiple questions and requests in a short period of time. She was also very helpful by looking over my timeline and floor plan and offering tips and advice based on her experience. I really appreciated her attention to detail especially since I was planning my wedding on my own.
Our wedding was held in Farestart's Pacific Tower location. The view from Pacific Tower can't be beat given the reservation fee. My guests were mostly from out of town so they took full advantage of the view with countless photos. The room itself was a perfect size for our wedding with around 90 guests, not too tight and not too big.
We served a buffet at our reception. The food was probably the second most complimented part of our wedding. All guests were pleased with the wide range of options as well as accommodation of dietary restrictions (nut and gluten allergies, and vegetarians). I highly recommend the bulgogi bites and the prime rib carving station - SO GOOD!
The amazing service staff made it so I had the wedding of my dreams. My friend who was acting as my day-of coordinator also commented at how helpful the staff was when she was setting up. I didn't have to worry about anything. It almost felt like the staff could read my mind - when I wanted something or needed something done, a service staff would either show up with it or I'd turn around and they'd be doing it. It was perfect. I truly appreciate the professionalism and kindness of all the service staff, particularly Leo, our banquet captain.
Farestart did everything they could to make my wedding day the best day ever. There was no request I made that was not met or accommodated, even when we wanted a specific beer served and a scotch instead of a tequila. From the very beginning, even when I was just checking out the venue as a possibility, every staff member was so friendly and easy to talk to.

Profile Picture Mary, 8/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Parking, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Scenic Views, Outside Vendors, Clean Up, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Great idea, love to support this charity!

Profile Picture Emilie, 12/11/04, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can't rave enough about FareStart. We had a 70 person reception at their venue. I think the biggest plus was Renee -- the reception coordinator. She shared with us different ways to save money but still have the reception we envisioned. The wine prices are VERY generous -- not too much mark up. And when we decided to have a lion dance IN the venue -- everyone worked with us. The kitchen was even able to help us find a head of lettuce to "feed" our lions -- all at the last minute. Renee and Farestart staff think of everything -- from setting up a private table upstairs away from guests so we could have a bite to eat in peace and a kids room room with a TV. The only hassle (which FareStart has no control of) is parking. Our guests parked in the lot across the street - unfortunately, when we arrived there were no spaces left!

Profile Picture User708650, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
1.0

Used FareStart for catering and was extremely disappointed. Great organization, but do not use them for catering. Delivery was late. Food was subpar, and the portions were tiny! We had to go to the grocery store to get more food for our guests. Very embarassing!

Profile Picture Susan, 5/21/12, 1 Review