18 Reviews for Fantastic Functions

Day-Of Coord. (1)
Partial Planning (1)
Civil (1)
18 Fantastic Functions Reviews

Kathy was amazing! She helped my wedding day run so smoothly and was very accommodating to our requests. I was able to relax and enjoy the day instead of worrying about all of the little details-I knew Kathy had that all covered. I'd highly recommend her services to anyone planning a big event.

Profile Picture Jessi, 10/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Civil

If I had to do everything all over again, I would choose Kathy Bishop of Fantastic Functions in a heartbeat. I contacted Kathy about day-of coordination services, but wasn't sure if I had the budget for it. Kathy worked with me to create a plan that would fit in my budget, but also include a tour of the venue and week-of phone calls with all my vendors. I am so, incredibly grateful for Kathy and everything she did. She patiently and quickly responded to all of my emails and questions, and knew so much about timing for the various parts of the ceremony and reception. She had a bunch of questions (are grandparents processing?) that Husband and I hadn't thought about. Not only was she a lifesaver during the planning process for keeping us on track and covering all the basis, but she was a godsend during the week of the wedding. She followed up with all the vendors, coordinated drop-offs and pick-ups, and acted as a liaison between all parties. Kathy was everywhere at once! Setting up decorations, making sure the groom didn't see me before it was time, making sure we were both hydrated and cool, keeping an eye on the weather for rain, keeping the bridal party in line and on time... the list goes on. Husband and I were so glad we went with Kathy--everything went perfectly, and we didn't worry about a thing, which is exactly what you want on your #bestdayever!

Profile Picture Kati, 5/24/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy and I hit it off immediately during our first meeting, and the rest of our time together was a perfect marriage. Having not ever stood up in a wedding before, I was planning my own wedding without any kind of experience, and Kathy was a huge help in letting me know the tasks that needed to be done and things to consider.

I booked her really far out from our wedding, and she continued to reach out to me often leading up to the big day to help me stay on track and help where ever needed. On the day of, she was absolutely paramount. From setting up the tables, to making sure that all of our vendors were synced up with our plan, to passing out the tips so that we didn't have to worry about.

To top it off, it down poured on our wedding day, and Kathy was out there helping grandparents mitigate the rain and get to dry areas! Hiring her was one of the smartest things I've ever done.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Kathy was, without a doubt, one of the absolute best decisions I made for my wedding. Prior to and during the event, she eased all of my fears and took care of every little request I had with kindness and grace. I didn't worry about a thing on the day of my wedding and, thanks to Kathy, I enjoyed every moment of my special day. If you do one thing for your wedding, it should be to hire Kathy.

Profile Picture Michaela, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy was possibly the single greatest thing I spent money on for my wedding. I can't even begin to tell you how helpful it was to have Kathy as a wedding planner. Not only did she come up with things I had never thought of during our planning meetings (and I'm a former event planner so I thought I had it pretty well covered), she was the reason I had SO much fun at our wedding. Do yourself and your parents a favor and hire Kathy. You're spending a lot of time, money, and effort to pull off your perfect wedding. You need to enjoy the day of and the only way to guarantee that is to hire Kathy. She will deal with your vendor issues, last minute changes, and make sure everything seems effortlessly perfect.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Kathy was the best money we spent on our wedding. We hired her late in the game to help us on the day of the wedding, and I am so glad we did. She was thorough and efficient, and brought up many things for us to decide on and plan for that we never would have thought of ourselves. She solved problems as they came up (I have a feeling there were many more that we never ever heard about!), helped us with decor alternatives when our original ideas fell through, and was very responsive to phone calls and emails. She was extremely professional and kind, funny and smart, and generally just fun to be around. We didn't have to lift a finger on our wedding day and just focused on each other and our guests--and that was priceless. LGBTQ-friendly.

Profile Picture Diana, 10/6/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy was excellent! She made sure our day went smoothly and took care of all the details at the rehearsal and wedding. It was so nice to refer all questions to her. I definitely feel that I was able to enjoy my day more because Kathy was there and I knew I could count on her to make everything run smoothly. It was definitely worth it to spend the money on a coordinator and I highly recommend Fantastic Functions. The service is great and the price is right.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/7/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy Bishop is the BEST!!! My wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to the help and expertise of Kathy. My husband and I had Kathy to help us from the start of planning all the way to the day of, and she was a dream throughout the whole process. She's very knowledgeable, understood our wants and needs, and threw in her own helpful suggestions. She knew answers to all my questions about even the tiniest detail, she's so good! I honestly don't think our wedding would have been as amazing had Kathy not been involved...thank you, Kathy!!!!

Profile Picture Vivian, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy @ Fantastic Functions is wonderful. She did a fabulous job helping to plan our wedding and is extremely professional, honest, creative, and very easy to get in touch with. Pricing is very reasonable.

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/15/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I could not have planned my June 4, 2011 wedding ceremony and reception without the professional help of Kathy Bishop of Fantastic Functions. Kathy helped my sister plan her wedding in 2008 and I turned to Kathy to help with my wedding based on my sister's glowing recommendation. From the beginning, Kathy was a huge asset in stearing me towards the best wedding venue to fit my vision and budget. I was ultimately very pleased with the venue I selected thanks to Kathy's recommendation and thank her especially for that! In addition, Kathy was able to negotiate a fair per person package price with the catering manager and also negotiated some additional free upgrades to our wedding package. Kathy was always prompt to respond to my many e-mails throughout the wedding planning process. Her responsiveness really helped me in making several time sensitive decisions. Kathy was especially helpful towards the final 3 months prior to the big day! Her consultations really kept me on the right track and many of her suggestions were time saving and/or money saving ideas! One of Kathy's many specialties is developing a Day of Wedding Timeline. Her timeline allows everyone (bride, MOB, vendors, etc.) to know how the day will flow, where you need to be and when, and ensures that the day runs smoothly. Kathy had a huge part in making sure our rehearsal ceremony ran smooth. She communicated well with the pastor officiating our ceremony and honored ideas my husband and I had for our ceremony. On the actual day of our wedding, Kathy really impressed us! She arrived at the venue early to set up items and meet with vendors. Additionally, she helped us to make a last minute call to bring our planned on-site, outdoor ceremony inside due to the extreme heat and humidity. Thanks again, Kathy, for lending your expertise and honoring my vision. I would recommend Kathy to any bride!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy Bishop with Fantastic Functions supplied superb wedding day-of coordination for our wedding at the Henry Ford museum. Her expertise and experience were greatly valued. She was quick to reply to calls and emails and always gave an honest opinion - she even brought up questions that we hadn't thought about. She made our day so stress free as she dealt with the different vendors and the venue personnel and even supplied us with a thorough day-of schedule and contact list. The service you receive for her rates is awesome! I accidentally left my garter at the hotel and she even went and obtained it for us during our reception. We enthusiastically recommend Fantastic Functions!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were about two months out from our 11/06/10 wedding when we realized that we needed some help getting our day set up and organized to run smoothly. Kathy of Fantastic Functions was hired as our day-of coordinator and she was absolutely fantastic. She stepped in and helped with our final stages of planning, and helped my grandmother set up the decor for a gorgeous, elegant reception. She helped us keep our event running on time and made the day stress-free and enjoyable for us. Kathy was easy to contact, professional, helpful, and pleasant. We really enjoyed working with her!

Profile Picture Courtney, 11/6/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy from Fantastic Functions is amazing! I am generally an organized person, but did not want to be stressed on my wedding day. Kathy went above and beyond keeping me stress free. She was able to recommend everything from ceremony musicians to dog kennels! She was very prompt in replying to my e-mails and phone calls plus she felt more like a friend making everything smooth and, well, fantastic!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/6/08, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I really enjoyed working with Kathy (Fantastic Functions). I didn't a full time wedding planner, but someone to make sure I wasn't missing any details and to take care of any problems the day of. Kathy was fantastic. Not only was she organized, on time, reliable, patient, but she was also fun to work with and has a lot of enthusiasm for what she does. Her services are reasonably priced and did not break my budget. I'm so happy we found her!

Profile Picture Janet, 6/22/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy offers a selection of wedding planner services. We opted to hire her for the "wedding day coordination", but soon realized that we needed some additional help along the way. Kathy was more than willing to meet with us anytime we felt like we needed some help or direction. She was full of great ideas, recommendations and trustworthy vendors. She was also amazingly affordable. I feel like it was definitely money well spent -- she kept me from going crazy, and kept us on track at all steps/times along the wedding planning process. I don't know what we would've done without her!

Profile Picture Liz, 6/7/08, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Words cannot describe how happy we are with Kathy Bishop. She was there for every decision and gave us many different types of ideas and advice. She has such a wonderful work rapport with all of the vendors she uses. They were a pleasure to meet and work with. Kathy would go above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. She is so wonderful and creative and had such a huge part in making our wedding weekend the best. Thank you to her just isn't enough. I would recommend her any day for any event not just weddings. She has a way of making an idea come to life even better than what you pictured. She also puts the Bride and Groom and the Parents of the Bride at ease on their wedding day so everything is stress free.
Thank you Kathy Bishop for making our wedding day picture perfect.
Kevin and Alisa Cox

Profile Picture Alisa , 5/25/08, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Absolutely amazing service that made everything about our wedding beyond flawless!

Profile Picture Jessika, 6/29/07, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy was the BEST I couldn't have asked for a better person to be my right hand woman. Kathy made sure everything was perfect, went to battle for me when things weren't, and was just absolutely the BEST thing to happen (other than the wedding part)

Profile Picture Emily, 4/14/07, 5 Reviews