Engel Photographic Reviews

Engel Photographic 3
Engel Photographic 4

Emily · Married on 11/17/2018

Jake Engel - wonderful photographer

We can’t say enough about Jake Engel and his wife, Steph! They were extremely professional and very easy to work with! Jake is a wonderful photographer who was able to capture beautiful photos as well as candid moments throughout our wedding day. Our wedding pictures are so beautiful and we couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our special day! You will definitely be in good hands with Jake and we highly, highly recommend him! We wish he could photograph special events for us all the time!

Melissa · Married on 07/21/2018

For us, having the big wedding was about creating memories, so the photographer was very important, especially one good at candid shots. One of groomsmen had been an assistant wedding photographer and my husband had explored the profession, so based on his site we picked Jake for engagement pictures, based on 2 hours with him (and the fact he the latest camera) we knew he was right for our wedding. And now that our pictures are in we couldn't be happier!
    First, Jake was terrific the day of, calm, soft-spoken and quiet - as a single shooter we couldn't figure out how he got some angles. He took a lengthy list of family shots and caught pictures of family and friends at the cocktail hour and reception that are priceless. He also managed to pull me off the dance floor from some rain pictures that show his artistic eye and the reason you hire a professional. At the end of the day Jake felt more like a friend than our wedding photographer, we are so glad he captured our big event!

Kristen · Married on 09/23/2017

Jake is an amazing photographer with the ability to capture the authentic and candid moments of your special day. He was beyond amazing for my wedding and was recently booked for my sister! I would highly recommend him to everyone I know! He makes you feel at ease and relaxed and manages to capture the essence of your wedding day!

Madeline · Married on 09/22/2017

Jake and Steph made my wedding day truly magical! I was able to see my pictures within a timely manner as well! I will recommend Jake to any of my friends or acquaintances who need a photographer. Engel photography does not disappoint!!

Engel Photographic 8

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2017

We can't say enough great things about Jake. He's personable, responsive, and obviously very talented. Jake had a way at making our engagement and wedding shoot feel as if we were the only couple he was working with. He's very easy going and gets the photos up in record time. And the fact that he's a one man show is just incredible. Our pictures were better than we could've imagined! He has a way of capturing authentic moments and highlights while still incorporating our vision. You will not regret working with Jake, if only we had a wedding every year!

Katherine · Married on 06/23/2017

Jake is a true professional photographer. This is not someone who picked up a camera one day and said "I think I'll be a wedding photographer today." From the time we found him it was clear from his work that he is well-trained, highly skilled, and exceptionally talented. Working with him on our wedding day was a joy. He provided a great mix of guiding/directing us for some great ideas for shots as well as listening to what was important to us. He has a great eye and came up with many creative ways to give us beautiful photos both when we were aware he was shooting and when we were not. He truly captured some special moments that I am so grateful to have. On top of all this, he was easily the most reasonably-priced photographer we could find for the quality of work we were hoping for. He managed to exceed our high expectations!

Jaclyn · Married on 05/05/2017

THE BEST!!
    Jake was amazing and captured the day beautifully! I had a photographer booked for my wedding but once I saw Jakes photography from a wedding I attended I HAD to have him for my day. He has such a beautiful and artistic way he captures the moment. I am so glad we decided to make him part of our day!

Paige · Married on 10/15/2016

My husband and I are not able to put into words how wonderful our entire experience with Jake (Engel Photographic) was. From the moment we looked at this portfolio and spoke with him on the phone I felt sure we had found the photographer for us. We were really set on having our pictures feel natural and Jake was able to capture every beautiful moment, without stopping the magic of the day. He was professional and friendly and his pictures were outstanding. He seemed to be everywhere he needed to be without imposing whatsoever. We much look forward to using him in the future, and highly recommend him. He did a phenomenal job, we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Amazing photographer!! So easy to work with! Highly recommend. We love the photos!

• I

Indira · Married on 11/14/2015

We cannot say enough good things about Jake and Steph! From our engagement shoot to our wedding day, they were such a pleasure to work with. Jake doesn't miss any detail, and he's so good you forget he's even standing there. AND to top it all off, ten minutes before we left for the church, my "something borrowed" pearl necklace broke, and Jake was the only one who could fix it. So he will take great pictures and save you from any potential meltdowns!

Kim · Married on 10/25/2015

From the second I emailed Jake, I knew we had the best photographer. He was so quick to respond and so thorough in his emails that I knew we were in good hands. We had our engagement photo shoot in October 2014 and still haven't stopped getting compliments on our photos. Jake took my vision and made it come to life beyond my expectations. He has such a beautiful way of photographing and such a distinct vision that it astounds you. Between the time of our engagement photo shoot and wedding day, Jake was quick to respond, listen to all of my ideas and concerns, and set my mind at ease. He sent out checklists and had meetings with us to ensure the photos of our day were perfect. Jake's professionalism kept us assured that our day would go exactly as planned and that it would be captured to the highest degree, and from the looks of our sample photos, it was--and then some! We had so much fun with Jake throughout our meetings and especially on our wedding day. He and Steph are a true joy to be around and they added to the amazing day that was our wedding. I have and will recommend Jake to everyone I know and hope to work with him again. Thank you so much Jake!!!

Jake was awesome. He responded quickly to my e-mails, and did a great job keeping things organized. Jake also was very good at staying "behind the scenes". I feel like I didn't see him the entire night. Nothing felt forced and I didn't miss any time enjoying my reception. He also provided a photo-booth that was absolutely amazing and gave us so many memories that we would have missed out on.

Karen · Married on 05/16/2015

Jake was recommended to us by a friend- and we're so thankful! Because our wedding was in Baltimore, we live in DC, and Jake and Steph live in PA- we didn't actually meet them until the day of the wedding- which typically would've made me nervous and anxious . However, Jake was so extremely responsive and thorough on emails throughout the entire planning process, making us comfortable and confident in his work, that there were no nerves and it really felt like we knew him well by the time we met. Jake caught truly amazing moments throughout the day- some posed shots, but mostly beautiful candid interactions. He managed to do all this without being 'seen'- I've gone to other weddings where the photographers blocked the guests' view of the ceremony and such- NOTHING like that with Jake and Steph- they were so professional, fun and sweet to work with- it was a joy having them with us on such a big day! Would absolutely recommend them to anyone! (Oh, and awesome turn around time- got our photos a week later!)

Joanna · Married on 10/04/2014

Jake was AWESOME! From our engagement session to the time leading up to the wedding to actually being such an important part of our big day. He was willing to answer any questions and work with us with what we needed and wanted. His photo journalistic style is a great perspective to have for such an important day as a wedding. His manner set us at ease and we were able to truly be ourselves while working with him. I would recommend Engel Photographic to anyone who asked me! Thanks Jake!

Jake and his team were absolutely fantastic. They captured the spirit of our big day perfectly -- fantastic candid action shots as well as perfect posed photos. I could not be more pleased with our selection for photographer. Many of my friends have liked Jake's photos so much that they want to hire him for their weddings and events. I guess you can't get a better form of flattering than that! If you're looking for a great photographer with reasonable prices, Jake is your guy!

Jess · Married on 07/19/2014

My husband and I have been blow away by Engel Photographic. We found out about Engel via a Facebook ad, and it was one of the best things that could've happened. From our initial meeting to our engagement photos to the "big day," Jake was nothing but exceptional. He has an eye for catching those perfectly candid and stunningly beautiful moments. We were so impressed by our engagement photos and even more so by the wedding photos. Our friends and family have been equally impressed; we've gotten so many compliments! Besides the amazing quality of the photos Jake and the team are so kind and calm - perfect on a day that is so important and potentially stressful. Honestly can't say enough about how happy we are to have heard about Engel Photographic!