325 S. Union St., Kennett Square, PA 19348 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Fantail Photography

Fantail Photography is a boutique photography studio focused solely on YOUR satisfaction. Its owner and photographer, Ashley Black, founded it to be a five-star experience for five-star couples. She has hundreds of weddings under her belt, and will work side-by-side with you every step of the way, from initial consultation to the delivery of your amazing photos, and beyond. Her vast wedding experience and gregarious, charismatic personality will leave you feeling like her only client, and you and your guests will rave about her on the big day!

AND, she's super local, making her home in the amazing small town of Kennett Square, PA, just along the Delaware border. She has shot at nearly all of Delaware's best wedding venues, including Hotel DuPont, Brantwyn, Hagley, Winterthur, The Waterfall, Thousand Acre Farms, The Carriage House at Rockwood Park, and many more. She is also permitted to shoot at every Delaware State Park. So whatever your Delaware, Southeastern PA, or Maryland wedding looks like -- from casual family farm to fun beach to upscale DuPont mansion and everything in between -- her experience and enthusiasm will be a perfect match for it! Reach out today to schedule a consult over beer or coffee so you can get to know her, and she can geek out with you over your big day!

Follow Fantail Photography on
The Delaware Art Museum
Phoenixville Foundry
Phoenixville Foundry
The Waterfall (Claymont, DE)
Solero (Rehoboth Beach, DE)
Solero (Rehoboth Beach, DE)
amberbrianwedding 264 51 627378 157693459567818

Fantail Photography 4
Fantail Photography 5
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 07/12/2019

She’s like a Ninja in a party dress

Ashley Black of Fantail Photography is a talented photographer, accommodating, and delightful to work with. I’m recommending her to everyone I know getting married.

To quote my husband who is a videographer, “she’s like a ninja!” She manages to be everywhere she needs to be for a perfect shot without being seen. In a video of our ceremony, we see the top of her head by the front row of guests for a moment. Then she ducks out of sight and soon pops up at the opposite end of the aisle snapping more photos. I assume she pulled a duck and run move; it was fast.

Ashley and her assistant Joe were so much fun to work with but also professional. They’re organized, energetic, love to dance, and showed up ready to work and make our day special.

My father-in-law commented that compared to other wedding photographers, they were very organized and efficient. I was worried we had too many family portraits but we finished them rather quickly. She’s also great with kids. Ashley had our two-year-old nephew (and everyone) attentive and smiling in each portrait shot.

The photos we have so far are amazing. Per contract she posted a preview on Facebook the night of our wedding and emailed me more the next day. I can’t wait to see all the rest.

I encourage you to contact Ashley if you like Fantail’s style; even if you just like one photo. She’s very responsive, open to your ideas, and offers flexible packages.

Fantail Photography 6
    Fantail Photography 7
    Fantail Photography 8
    Fantail Photography 9
    Sent on 08/06/2019

Megan · Married on 06/08/2019

Fantail made my wedding so fun!

Ashely is the most wonderful person ever! Hands down, the greatest! For the wedding, she was incredible. I know I'm going to start gushing, but I really feel strongly about how great she is. My wedding wouldn't have been as fun if I had picked someone else.

So I knew I wanted to hire her from the start, but my husband Justin hadn't met her before. So I emailed her and we set up a time to grab some coffee and talk. We were there for around 30 mins and Justin was sold. Ashley has great energy and is such a fun person. She was a great resource during the planning too. If I had a general question or wasn't sure about something (sometimes not even related to photography), I could email her and she would get back to me quickly.

We did an engagement session, which was great because she got to learn how we are. After we got the pictures back, I told her which ones were our favorites, which she used to get the sense of how we wanted our wedding day to be captured, so the wedding day was flawless.

So after planning this wedding ourselves with planning help from no one, I was really excited on the wedding day to turn to Ashley and say "you are in charge now" and she was fantastic. She and Joe were there right on time, ready to go. Everyone wants to talk to you and you want to talk to everyone, so it was so nice to have someone else in charge, and Ashley was so great because she wasn't bossy or commanding. She had her same fun attitude and kept the day moving with photography and worked off the photo list I gave her (I'm fairly certain this is standard for photographers, but if its not, another plus for Ashley!). Getting the bridal party pictures was seriously so fun, we really were laughing the whole time!

I can't wait to have another event so I can hire Fantail Photography again!

Sent on 06/19/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Fantail Photography Pricing

Fantail Photography Price Rates

Fantail Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 1800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2650
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    High-Res Images
    Albums
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Custom Graphics
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums