Enchanted Vows Reviews

44 | Lansing, MI

44 Reviews for Enchanted Vows

Jonathan · Married on 08/08/2015

Kya did a perfect job with our wedding. She really does put together a *personalized* wedding ceremony. We met with her once and she went through a whole questionnaire with us to get to know us, and had a first draft of the ceremony ready in maybe a week or two. She was very flexible in working with us as we made small changes and adjustments up until the wedding day. We were very interested in having a non-denominational wedding. We wanted it to be somewhat spiritual, but we wanted to keep that spiritual element unnamed. We were worried we wouldn’t be able to find a good officiant for this, but Kya gave us *exactly* what we were looking for.

Sent on 08/09/2015
  • User4619561 · 2+ years ago

I found Kya through a Google search. I contacted her and she met with me rather quickly. As soon as I met her I liked her. She had several options of services to choose from and was open to my ideas. Her prices are reasonable, she answered my questions quickly and on the day of the ceremony she was there when she said and did a wonderful job. I received many compliments in regards to her ceremony and how nice it was. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. I wish you a lifetime of joyful togetherness!

Amy · Married on 08/31/2014

Kya was amazing to work with. We wanted to have a very personalized wedding ceremony that tied in our love of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings without it being overdone or too cheesy. Kya wrote the perfect ceremony for us. We had one Skype meeting with her and then corresponded via email the rest of the time. It worked out perfectly.
    Kya also came and ran our rehearsal, which was a huge help. I would not have felt as prepared as I did when it came time for our actual ceremony if we hadn't had her there.
    After our ceremony, many of our guests commented on how unique and wonderful the ceremony was. Many were surprised to learn that she was not a lifelong friend of ours, but rather someone we found on the internet!
    If you are looking for a professional, fun, and creative officiant, Kya Rose is definitely the person for you!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

I *did* have an Aunt ask me how I knew the two of you and she seemed shocked to learn that you hired me off the Internet because she thought I must have known you forever. Too funny!

I'm a huge fan of fantasy and sci-fi and writing a Harry Potter/ LOTR wedding was a joy for me. I'm so glad that it came off as well as it did. However, I think the chemistry Unity Ceremony you two chose was the most memorable part. If you're going to do a Harry Potter wedding, you need to do a little "magic".

I wish you and Jake a magical adventure of a life together!
  • W

Willia · Married on 08/23/2014

We had our wedding at the Renaissance Festival, and she was extremely flexible with everything from vows, content to even the garb that should be worn. Attentive to our needs and wants down to the details. Very personable... in general, an easy person to work with. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thanks William! I do love Renaissance weddings and all the pageantry that goes along with them. Our three way Skype meeting while you were in China was quite fun too. I'm always happy to do what couples need me to do to make their wedding day work for them, especially when it means dressing up and having fun.

I wish you and Amy all the best life offers in *every* century!

Jessica · Married on 08/16/2014

My cousin recommended Kya Rose to me because she did an amazing job for her wedding. And everything was perfect for mine as well. We weren't sure what we wanted to include in our ceremony so she was very helpful and creative coming up with some ideas. We loved the blending of the sand ceremony and we were able to customize the whole ceremony to our preferences. She made the whole experience very easy for us. She was amazing. I will definitely recommend her to anyone getting married. Thanks

Sent on 08/23/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! It's always a joy working with families who want to add a little fun to their ceremony. I wish you and Jesse and the kids a lifetime of love and happiness!

Alisha · Married on 07/24/2014

Kya did an amazing job, for our elopement. With a little more than one week's notice, she provided general information of her services, and even took the time to respond to questions and had amazing patience with the rushed and flustered bride, as we worked to pay, plan, and go through the ceremony. Her pricing was absolutely the best, and allowed for us to have a few pennies to spare for the wedding dress! Her professionalism and skill gave my (new!) husband and I a dream "beginner" wedding. (We will be married for friends and family in two years time, but this was perfect for what we needed at this time.) Thank you, Kya, for all of you efforts and professionalism!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Small weddings are no excuse for small service! I loved being a part of your special day, Alisha. I wish you and Darryl all the best that life has to offer (and, if you need me again in two years, just let me know and we'll whip you up an amazing custom ceremony then!)

Andrew · Married on 07/19/2014

Kya was amazing to work with, right from the beginning. She showed tremendous flexibility, attention to detail, and creativity while working with us. She was full of fun, trendy ideas and also very knowledgeable about traditions. She was able to take details from our lives to create a personalized, enjoyable ceremony that reflected our relationship perfectly. Multiple friends and family members shared that it was the best ceremony they have witnessed. Thanks Kya!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

I love hearing how much guests enjoy the ceremonies my couples help me create. It really does set the tone for the reception to follow.

Thank you so much, Andrew. It's always fun when couples are open to both new and old ideas and blending them all into one unique expression of your love. I wish you and Alexa many years of red roses, forgiveness and, of course, love!

Brent · Married on 06/27/2014

Can't say enough good things about Kya (Enchanted Vows). She was a wonderful officiant who delivered a great service that was tailored to us and responsive to our needs. She was professional, timely, and a delight to work with from beginning to end.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

The pleasure was all mine, Brent. I love helping couples get the ceremony they want, no matter how big or how small. I wish you and Laura a lifetime of joy and adventure together!

nick · Married on 06/21/2014

Kya Rose was so professional and sweet, right from the initial interview we felt comfortable. She showed on on time for both the wedding rehearsal and the ceremony. Her service during the ceremony was wonderful. She had also kept a great communication with us right up to the actual wedding, and even after congratulating us. I would highly recommend Kya, she is such a sweetheart that made us feel less stressed about the details of filing afterwards, as we could head right out on our honeymoon, Kya took care of all the paperwork too.

Nick

Sent on 06/30/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thank you so much, Nick and Amy. It was a joy to work with the two of you and your wedding party. I was honored to hold your Grandmother's bible during the ceremony, Nick and I always enjoy working with people who know, as I do, that children add joy to every ceremony no matter what they end up deciding to do!

So glad to be able to ease your mind as you embarked on your honeymoon. May you carry that ease and bliss throughout your lives together!

Kya was an amazing officiant! She replied right back when we had questions or concerns regarding our ceremony. There was no judgement when we told her we wanted a non-religious ceremony. She made sure everyone knew what they were supposed to do during the rehearsal, so the ceremony ran extremely smoothly. She helped make our wedding day unforgettable!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy! I love being able to help couples run a full rehearsal that answers everyone's questions and allows the ceremony day to go smoothly.

I wish you every happiness!

Leon & Ariel · Married on 09/22/2013

My new husband and I enjoyed working with Kya! She gave us an excellent overview of how wedding ceremonies can go and options that would work for us. We especially like how she provided us versions of ceremonies that we could adjust to fit us just right. She was fun and easy going and adaptable to our needs - outdoor, kids, short rehearsal window - so it felt fun and pleasant. We both highly recommend her as someone who can help your day flow smoothly with good natured calmness amidst the hustle and bustle.

Sent on 03/21/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thank you, Ariel. You and Leon were a delight. I'm so glad I was able to work with you in turning one of my basic ceremonies into the perfect ceremony for the two of you. I wish you all of the happiness in the world!

We couldn't have picked a better person to marry us than Kya! She is so kind and truly made our day about us. Everything about our ceremony was catered to my (now) husband and I. The way she worded everything was so wonderful and special. Kya was always very prompt at answering all of our questions and returning our emails. She made every go so smooth and her vast knowledge on weddings is amazing!
    After our ceremony, we wouldn't tell you how many guests came up to us and commented on how wonderful and how personal our ceremony was. Many thanks to Kya Rose for making our day all we wanted and more <3

Sent on 09/06/2013

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I wish you and your beloved a life filled with laughter and love!

Jaymi · Married on 08/10/2013

Kya, Thank You for being a part of our wedding especially on short notice. Driving 72 miles we really appreciated it. Loved the ceremony it was perfect. Thanks for everything.

Sent on 03/09/2014

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thank you, Jaymi. It was my pleasure to provide you with the short and sweet ceremony you wanted. May your marriage be filled with joy, peace and love!

Kellyn · Married on 07/20/2013

Kya was a fantastic officiant for us! We had several guests tell us how much they loved our ceremony and how personal it was. I would absolutely recommend Kya to anyone who is looking for an officiant!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thanks so much, Kellyn. It was an absolute joy to work with you on designing your wedding ceremony. I hope your families were pleased with the way we integrated their stories into yours and I love the Blessing of the Hands variation we used too!

I wish you and Alex all the happiness in the world!

Danielle · Married on 06/29/2013

Kya was absolutely wonderful! She worked with us as we created a very personal and meaningful ceremony. Our family and friends have given us tons us compliments regarding the ceremony that Kya put together. Our guest thought my husband and I were long time friends with Kya because of the intimate and special details Kya incorporated in our wedding ceremony. I would recommend Kya to anyone looking for an officiant that will deliver a ceremony that will be remembered for a lifetime.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Enchanted Vows's reply:

I'm so very glad that you and your guests were so moved by your wedding ceremony, Danielle! I love creating personal ceremonies that encourage everyone to laugh a little, tear up a little and generally enjoy themselves a lot.

Thank you for honoring me with the opportunity to officiate your wedding. I wish you and Garrett many years of laughter, travel and greyhounds!

Cassie · Married on 06/15/2013

Kya Rose made our ceremony very personal and special. I got compliments all day from family members who were touched by the ceremony that she and I put together. The words were beautifully put and were designed around us as a couple. I couldn't have imagined it any better!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thanks Cassie. It was a lot of fun to help you and Jay and your family create a ceremony that allowed your guests to see just how special and unique you all are. I wish you all a lifetime of happiness and lots of Spartan and Lions wins in your future!

Suzanne · Married on 05/25/2013

Kya Rose provided us with the most beautiful and personalized ceremony that also involved our family members/guests on our special day. Even after the ceremony, our family members/guests have commented on what a "truly splendid and exceptional ceremony" and how "special" they felt to be involved in our special day. Thank you Kya for these most precious and treasured moments that will remain in our hearts forever. You are a blessing. - Kirk & Suzanne

Sent on 07/04/2013

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thank *you*, Kirk and Suzanne, for allowing me to be a part of your amazing ceremony on the beautiful Ledges! It was wonderful to work with you two on designing a truly unique and interactive ceremony for your lucky family and friends. I'd love to see some photos as I'm sure they must be stunning between the location and the two of you!

I wish you and your daughters a lifetime of joy, dancing and adventures together!

Valerie · Married on 05/18/2013

The wedding ceremony Kya wrote for us was very personalized! We received many compliments from our guests about our beautiful ceremony! Thanks Kya!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Enchanted Vows's reply:

I'm so glad that you and your guests enjoyed your ceremony, Valerie. It was a lot of fun to help you design it.

I hope that your treasure box of love letters overflows as the years go by and that every word you write brings the two of you closer and closer!

Shannon · Married on 09/14/2012

We came to Kya Rose with only a couple weeks left until the wedding, fingers crossed, and boy, did she take care of us. She turned out the best ceremony we ever could have asked for, and in such a short period of time. My husband and I had only met once to discuss the nature of our relationship with her, but that's all it took. It was perfect. She has quite the repertoire under her belt, and I feel like she can write the perfect tailored ceremony for the most traditional to the quirkiest of wedding couples. Her online archive of readings, ceremonies, and real wedding couple examples was a great help. Sometimes, you know what you want for your ceremony but have NO idea how to put it into words yourself!

Regarding the guests, all they could talk about was the ceremony. I know many of them came up to her and thanked her for how lovely and personal it was. My husband and I also had no idea how great it was going to be, because she didn't give too much away during the rehearsal.

Sister Kya is completely professional and all smiles on your wedding day. You can trust her... I am a "I have to do it myself" type of person, but with her, you can just give her the reigns, relax, and enjoy your wedding. :)

Thank you so much!
    Shannon and Igor Widlicki

Sent on 07/08/2013

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Aw, Shannon and Igor, your ceremony was an absolute joy to help you design. You, your family and friends were so enthusiastic about everything, it was great to be able to encourage them to cheer and shout and celebrate throughout the rowdier bits of the ceremony. I just loved being able to incorporate the oak tree into the service and your Polish vows were a huge hit!

I wish all of you many, many years of joy and laughter and celebration as you continue to grow together like the roots of that amazing oak tree!

Thank you very much! The ceremony turned out great--just what we wanted!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Enchanted Vows's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy. I wish you all the happiness in the world, whoever you are. :)

Justin · Married on 08/18/2012

Our ceremony was unique, personalized and emotional. We are still receiving compliments from our guests who thought we must have written it. But Kya just knew what to say because when we met with her she asked great questions to really understand our love for each other. She took that knowledge and created a wonderful ceremony that we will cherish forever.

Sent on 08/26/2012

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thanks Justin. You and Hilary were an absolute joy to work with. I still remember Hilary trying not to tear up too badly when she read my first draft of your ceremony during our first face to face meeting. From that moment until your wedding day, I think we just kept making it better and better. The looks on your mother's faces when you presented them with roses and the looks on your faces during the Blessing of the Hands were my favorite parts. Well, that and the surprise poetry reading from your brother, Paul!

I wish you both many joy filled years of laughter, kintting and exotic adventures together!

Kya Rose had several ceremonies which could be customized. We chose the basic civil ceremony, and were still able to write our own vows. She communicated well with us and answered all our questions, and was prompt, calm, friendly, and professional on our big day.

We, and our guests, loved the thoughtful and original service she led. It had many good thoughts on marriage, and let us appreciate and savor the significance of the moment.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Enchanted Vows's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy with my basic civil ceremony. I try to make sure that even the simple ceremonies are meaningful and unique for my couples.

I wish you many, many happy years together!

Kelly · Married on 08/11/2012

Kya was extremely easy to work with. She was very accommodating and willing to work with us until we felt our ceremony was perfect. I highly recommend Kya. :)

Sent on 07/10/2013

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thank you, Kelly! I'm always happy to help couples work through the editing process as we did. I think we went through 4 different versions of your ceremony before we got it exactly right for you and Julian, but when we were through, it was wonderful!

I wish the two of you an epic love that will inspire your grandchildren, just as Chuck and Mary Lou's love inspired you!

Becky · Married on 06/02/2012

Luke and I were so glad to have Kya as our officiant. It was very important to us to have a non-traditional ceremony (we wanted it to be just about us rather than including religion), and Kya helped us to write and pull off the perfect ceremony! We got so many compliments on how personal and touching our wedding ceremony and vows were, and we couldn't have done it without her. She also made a few suggestions that helped us a ton (such as having a recessional line after the ceremony, which we hadn't thought of before). Overall, she was a very nice person and helped to deliver exactly what we wanted. Everyone was completely impressed.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Thanks Becky! Working with the two of you was a lot of fun. I love it when couples know what they want but are still open to new ideas and ways to phrase things. It was a joy to take your outline and help you develop it into such a memorable and personal statement about your love.

Sarah · Married on 08/20/2011

Kya is fantastic. I never waited longer than a couple of hours for a response to my emails, she was happy to work with our somewhat unconventional requests, and was all around a joy to work with.

Sent on 10/20/2011

Enchanted Vows's reply:

Sarah, I'm just glad that I was able to help you and Marshall enjoy the ceremony the two of you wanted (even if it wasn't mine!)