62 Reviews for Elizabeth Phaire, Master Life-Cycle Celebrant® & Officiant

Non-religious (2)
Rehearsal (2)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Earth-Based (1)

After a bit of back and forth on deciding if we wanted a justice of the peace or an officiant for our wedding, we landed on wanting something a bit more personal with an officiant. I found Elizabeth through research and reading reviews like these and I’m so glad I did. Elizabeth did such a great job at making our wedding ceremony so personal. We heard from so many people that they felt like the ceremony gave them a true glimpse into our relationship and who we are and that it was the best ceremony they had seen in a long time. Elizabeth was so open and accommodating to all of our thoughts and suggestions as we went through the process of reviewing the ceremony drafts, she truly crafted a beautiful ceremony and we’re so thankful. We’d highly recommend Elizabeth!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/12/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Interfaith Ceremony

Elizabeth was the perfect choice for our small low key relaxed same sex wedding. From the moment I read her website and spoke to her on the phone, I knew that the decision was made. What can one say about our experience with Elizabeth - Calming, sensitive, professional, thoughtful, patient, non judgmental, well spoken, gentle demeanor. Although we only had approximately 20 people at our wedding, nearly every single person commented on Elizabeth in regards to how lovely she was and how beautifully she spoke. Elizabeth never for a moment made us feel like our small affair was anything less than perfect for us, and that meant the world. I would never hesitate in recommending Elizabeth, to our friends and family, to play a part in any type of event, as I would have no doubt she would conduct herself and provide the exact same energy no matter what the occasion. We wish Elizabeth a wonderful future !

Profile Picture Robyn, 2/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

In early September, we were looking for a celebrant for a same sex non-denominational wedding ceremony; we were referred to Elizabeth. We contacted her by email and she confirmed that she was available for the date requested (New Year’s Eve) and could do the ceremony in our home. She referred us to her website and we liked what we saw. We contacted her again, discussed some more details and decided to meet with her.
The consultation was friendly and at the end we were confident she would be able to do what we wanted in a professional and friendly way. We signed a contract and paid a 50% deposit. Elizabeth agreed to send some sample vows and text for the ring ceremony.
A couple of weeks before the date, we choose the text for the vows and ring ceremony and sent her the choices via email. A few days later, she returned the text incorporated into a wedding script which was personal and reflected our wishes. We made some minor changes and sent them back. We also told her that we wanted a clergy member and friend to give a blessing. She said that she would incorporate that into the ceremony.
On New Year’s Eve Elizabeth arrived and we discussed some final details. The whole ceremony was all we had wanted and expected--so personal and meaningful. All our guests said it was beautiful and professional.
In the first meeting Elizabeth asked what we were looking for, we answered “We want what they do at City Hall”. What we got was 1000 times better! And we were glad she brought the whole ceremony to a much higher level.
We highly recommend Elizabeth to conduct your wedding ceremony. She is a lovely woman and really helped to make our day special.

Profile Picture Michael, 1/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth helped my husband and I have the ceremony of our dreams! We did not want to have a religious ceremony, but wanted the ceremony to be spiritual, meaningful and personal. Elizabeth exceeded all of our expectations with the truly personalized and one of a kind ceremony that she created. Everything felt so personal and genuine, and she beautifully told our love story. We received so many compliments from guests saying that the ceremony was the most touching and meaningful that they've ever heard. Some people even asked us if Elizabeth was a close friend since the ceremony was so personalized! On a personal note, Elizabeth is lovely, calming and easy to work with. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a customized, unique wedding ceremony...you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Theresa, 10/8/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Earth-Based, Customized Vows

Elizabeth was wonderful!!! She was everything we could have asked for and more. She not only spent time with us but gave us an in depth questionnaire that we filled out separately. Elizabeth took our stories, thoughts and ideas and used them in our ceremony. we laughed and cried and laughed again. Thank you Elizabeth, you were terrific!!!!!

Profile Picture Dave, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth was a pleasure to work with. The moment my now husband and I met her we knew we had to have her be the one to marry us. The ceremony she put together for us was perfection! Everyone came up to us and told us how amazing she was! Elizabeth always answered emails and returned phone calls immediately. She also helped us write our vows, and didn't mind any last minute changes. She made our wedding ceremony so meaningful! We hope to have her in our lives for any other ceremonies we may have in the future!

Profile Picture User4871413, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Out of all of the events surrounding my recent wedding, the ceremony is by far my most memorable. Elizabeth made it so personable and touching and it is something my husband and I will remember for the rest of our lives. She worked with us through different drafts, offered ideas, suggestions and tailored our ceremony to exactly what we wanted. She helped us combine two cultures and told the story that we wanted to be told. She brought our ceremony to life. If there is one piece of advice I can offer to anyone planning a wedding, book Elizabeth and you will be so glad you did. We cannot begin to thank her enough.

Profile Picture Alison, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth was such a joy to work with for our May 6th wedding. At our first meeting Elizabeth showed us many different options and ideas for our ceremony, which was great because neither one of us are very religious, but knowing there were other options was a breath of fresh air. After the initial meeting, we were sent a questionnaire separately to fill in, which was a lot of fun because you didn't know how the other responded. From there Elizabeth built this beautiful ceremony that told about the journey of us becoming husband and wife. All our guests kept telling us how fantastic the ceremony was, and that they felt like they knew us so much more and gain a better understanding of our love for each other, family and friends. This is all thanks to Elizabeth. I highly recommend her, not just for her professionalism & expertise, but because she’s one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Profile Picture akilla , 5/6/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows

Simply Amazing!
Elizabeth Phaire was absolute perfection for our wedding. She worked with us to develop the ceremony and made several drafts before it was complete. Elizabeth took the time to know our story which showed in her excellent delivery of the service. All of my guests praised the ceremony. If I could give Elizabeth more than five stars, I would!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth was attentive to our needs from the day we first met with her until the ceremony. She was flexible when our plans changed a few days before the wedding. She calmed our nerves just by her peaceful presence and our guests have given us wonderful feedback on how nice our ceremony was. We owe this entirely to Elizabeth's experience and resourcefulness.

Profile Picture User5573906, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth was an absolute pleasure to work with from day one. We were unable to meet her in person so she set up a Skype appointment so she was able to get to know us better. I really appreciated the questions she asked in her questionnaire & the amount of time she spent crafting our personalized ceremony. It was beautifully written & we literally received so many calls from our guests saying how included they felt when they learned our story as a couple & how fantastic the ceremony was. Usually brides cannot remember moments from their ceremony because everything happens so fast but since we had a hand in helping create it & wrote our own vows it is something i will never forget. I was a bit nervous beforehand & she was such a calming presence & her instruction during the ceremony made all the anxiety disappear. She is professional, kind, warm & thoughtful (a sentiment many reviewers agree to). It was truly a memorable experience that wouldn't have been possible without Elizabeth, thank you so much!

Profile Picture User4689280, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, No Denomination

I wanted very much that my ceremony and vow exchange be the highlight of my wedding; not the food or the venue or the dancing. Having Elizabeth be our officiant truly made my wish come true! She is worth every penny and more! She was professional and gave attentive, personal service every step of the way! Every guest remarked on how intimate and personal our ceremony was and inquired about where we had found our officiant. She is a wonderful speaker and has a loving and calming presence at an emotional time. I can't imagine my day without her.

Profile Picture E, 8/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our first experience with Liz was when she officiated a wedding ceremony for a friend of ours. It was hands down one of the best ceremonies that we had ever attended. When it came time to find someone for our special occasion, we immediately thought of Liz. After our meeting with her, we were immediately sold. She is easy to work with, has great suggestions and made the process EASY. She also has a calm yet warm demeanor that will put you at ease and believe me, you will need it on your wedding day. Most importantnly, the story that she weaved for us was beautiful, personal and unique. It struck the exact mood and energy we were looking for – meaningful and light at the same time. I feel like I’m singing to the choir but seriously, I can’t tell you the number of people that remarked on how much they loved the ceremony. So much of the time, ceremonies are treated as an afterthought, Liz makes it the star of the show!

Profile Picture User5155643, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth was perfection. Not only did she completely respect our wishes for what kind of ceremony she wanted, she gave so many great ideas for special ceremony "extras" that might as a certain something special.
She was so professional, understanding, warm, and non judgmental about what we wanted in a ceremony. There was No pressure for anything and she made us feel very comfortable.
As for during the wedding day and ceremony, I like that she made us and our guests laugh and our guests had only great things to say including her presence being aetherial. That is lovely!!
My FIL passed less than a year before the wedding and she made the great suggestion of leaving an empty chair and placing a flower or something on the seat during the ceremony. It was so special and the family loved it.
Elizabeth does do rehearsal dinners for a fee, a bit high, but worth it, as she informed us of what to expect for the day.

Profile Picture Erica, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth was an amazing officiant for our wedding. Her approach to writing our wedding ceremony was personalized and more touching than either my wife or I could have hoped for. At the end of the ceremony, we received compliment after compliment about what an amazing job she did.

Profile Picture User5214752, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our wedding ceremony was just last night with Elizabeth. When we first started looking for an officiant, we were worried that we would not find one who was open minded about performing our ceremony in an unconventional manner. After searching through officiants in the NY area, we came across Elizabeth. Her previous reviews sounded great and her profile seemed like she would be a good match for us.

We could not be more pleased with our experience with Elizabeth. She is very professional and was attentive to our desires on what we wanted included in our ceremony, made her own suggestions, and guided us through the process step by step. We highly recommend Elizabeth and would definitely work with her again!! Thank you for making our special night so beautiful!!

Profile Picture User4518290, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth is one of the most compassionate individuals I've ever met in my life. My husband and i were beyond pleased with her attentiveness leading up to the event. She took the time to meet with us and learn about the inner workings of our relationship. I was a bit nervous about our ceremony because I was raised Catholic and my fiance Jewish and was worried that the ceremony wouldn't be rooted in the values and traditions of our individual faiths, but Elizabeth was able to craft a ceremony that incorporated elements of both our religions without being overtly religious. She also spoke with us before the ceremony and provided us with support leading up to the big moment. Our families were beyond pleased with the ceremony. I feel blessed to have worked with someone as thoughtful as Elizabeth and highly recommend her to all!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/25/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had an ABSOLUTELY beautiful wedding day and the highlight was the ceremony officiated by Elizabeth! It could not have been any more perfect. Elizabeth helped us symbolize our dedication to each other by providing options for meaningful rituals like the candle lighting and ring warming ceremonies, both of which we used. From our first meeting with her a whole year before our wedding day, Elizabeth provided gentle guidance and unyielding support to us. My husband says she was like a "floating angel." It's amazing that you can meet someone and instantly feel like they've been a part of your life for many years. That was the feeling we got from our interactions with Elizabeth. She blended notes from our meetings, emails and phone conversations and used them to craft a personal, unique ceremony that told the story of our love in a very special way. She even included a brief translation for the benefit of my husband's parents who do not speak English. We would choose Elizabeth over and over again for our vow renewals at the 10, 20, and 50 year marks because that's how long we plan to be in love! We extend our highest recommendation of Elizabeth as a wedding officiant for a truly memorable occasion!

Profile Picture Tiawana, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth made our wedding ceremony flawlessly perfect and special. From the beginning of our meeting to the ceremony, she was very thorough in her preparation and in execution of officiating the wedding. Elizabeth advised on the order of the ceremony, types of rituals we could include in our ceremony (which took place at Conservatory Garden in Central Park - we chose a coin tossing ritual), readings, vow exchange and ring ceremony. I think the highlight of the ceremony was her writing on the couple's story. She took many notes during our first meeting and showed the draft. After several drafts back and forth, VOILA! Her reading of our story of the couple and other opening/closing words was a combination of beauty, humor and truthfulness. She reads clearly and has a very professional and pleasant manner. I highly recommend Elizabeth Phaire to anyone who isn't into overt religious tone of ceremony. She will make the occasion beautiful and smooth.

Profile Picture Hyewon, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth helped bring magic and something transformative and electrifying to the atmosphere I felt yesterday for our wedding. She works so hard work and is so thorough in preparation, as well as compassionate, and commanding in her presentation of our ceremony. She is so special. She has an incredible gift and is one of the most creative, artistic and perceptive people I know.

Profile Picture User4444798, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Elizabeth was absolutely wonderful to work with. Our ceremony was exactly the way we imagined it would be. She really poured her heart out on crafting our ceremony and getting to know us individually, and as a couple. Our ceremony was personalized in a way that told our unique story, far from a templated type of ceremony. Every word, and each reading was focused on what was most important to us as a couple, love and compassion. Elizabeth is very natural at officiating. Her calm demeanor and angelic voice set the tone for a beautiful ceremony. It was magical. Two months into our marriage, friends and family are still talking about the ceremony, wondering how we found Elizabeth, and expressing how much the ceremony really spoke to them in a profound way. Thank you, Elizabeth, for sharing you gift with us on our special day!!

Profile Picture Karina, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I found Elizabeth through the Internet. Being a bit of a last minute bride, I contacted Elizabeth with only about a month to spare before our wedding date. When we first met Elizabeth we were quite undecided as to how we might create our ceremony. We were extremely impressed that, without any judgments or biases, Elizabeth presented us with many options to choose from - from different readings, to vows, to various symbolic rituals we might perform during the ceremony. She collected our story and we tweaked a couple rough drafts back and forth, via email, and in a very efficient and professional manner we had the perfect ceremony in a very short time. It had just the right amount of light hearted moments and deep meaningful ones. As my mother said, after the ceremony, "wow, you found the right officiant. That was a beautiful ceremony." I highly recommend Elizabeth. She truly cared about creating the perfect ceremony for us, and she succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. It was perfect.

Profile Picture Susan, 6/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had a great experience with Elizabeth Phaire as our Wedding Officiant. She was very professional, composed, and attentive. Initially we had a few unique requests due to private circumstances, and she was willing to work with us, which was much appreciated. She listened to our concerns and needs and tried to accommodate them. She even helped us with our vows, which we had no time to prepare ourselves. She wrote a beautiful summary of our life story, and kept our guests entertained with a combination of telling our story in a personalized way as well as adding some humor to it. Our guests also commented on how nice the Ceremony was and how much they liked our Officiant. I highly recommend Elizabeth Phaire to anyone.

Profile Picture Majlinda, 6/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

While planning our wedding my wife and I always believed the ceremony to be the most important part. That said, finding the right officiant was going to be as crucial (well, almost) as finding the right gown. As a same sex couple with some extended family who I'm sure still had questions needing to be answered in attendance, the officiant would have their plateful. Thankfully, we found Elizabeth. Meeting Elizabeth made us even more excited about our wedding it made it real! Elizabeth had this warm vibe of genuinely nice person upon our first meeting, it was easy to trust her. We allowed her full access into our personal lives knowing that she would take great care of Jess and I's story. And that she did. Elizabeth crafted such a beautiful ceremony that had our guests crying and laughing at the same time. The ceremony was indeed a reflection our personalities. There is something to be said when friends comment on your wedding ceremony first before they tell you how amazing the food was at the your wedding. My father-in-law still keeps saying it that it was the best ceremony he has ever attended. Thank you, Elizabeth!

Profile Picture Gee, 5/3/14, 1 Review