PO Box 45, Rhinebeck, NY 12572 Map · Phone number
· Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 2

About Rev. Jude Smith

Rev. Jude Smith - Interfaith Minister is a non-denominational minister and wedding officiant based out of Rhinebeck, New York. She believes in ceremonies being sacred, meaningful, elegant and transformative. She celebrates marriage equality for all, and welcomes all faiths, preferences and spiritual paths. Rev. Jude Smith - Interfaith Minister looks forward to custom designing a ceremony that is unique to you and your spouse.

Experience

This passionate interfaith minister and licensed wedding officiant is the Executive Director of the Center for Authentic Living. She is also a co-founder and Spiritual Director of a vibrant interfaith community in New York City. In addition to performing wedding ceremonies, Rev. Jude also facilitates meditation retreats and workshops, offers spiritual counseling and provides pastoral care in a hospital setting. She holds degrees in Business Administration and Psychology from the State University of New York at Albany and an advanced degree in Education from Pace University.

Rev. Jude Smith will meet with each couple prior to their wedding day to discuss their hopes and dreams, their love story, their vision for the future and any traditions or rituals they would like to include in their ceremony. She will then create a customized ceremony outline, provide sample vows, a pre-wedding checklist and various poems, prayers and reading. You'll also fill out a survey, that will help provide the framework for the ceremony. Her services include:

• Commitment ceremony

Rev. Jude Smith 3
Rev. Jude Smith 4
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better Officiant!

Jude married a good friend of mine and I knew as I watched their beautiful ceremony that I needed her to be my officiant someday (even though I was single at the time hah!). Fast forward 5 years, I'm engaged, and when it came time to think about our wedding ceremony and who would marry us, Jude came immediately back to mind! From the start it was so easy to work with her, she has such a warm and welcoming presence. She took so much care and time with us to create a really special ceremony that touched us and our guests. There weren't many dry eyes, and so many guests had to make a point to tell me during cocktail hour that it was the most special ceremony they had witnessed. My Husband and I thought the ceremony was going to be particularly challenging since we are not religious and our families are, but Jude found a beautiful common ground that we were all happy with. Another huge point for me was how calm Jude made me feel on my wedding day, both before the ceremony started and through the whole time at the altar, and it made a difference in being able to deliver my vows more powerfully. We couldn't have done it without her and have our beautiful ceremony to cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Casey

Casey Michael · Married on 09/28/2019

Authentic as they come!

Jude was a fantastic fit for our wedding officiant. From beginning to end she was always punctual and detail oriented. The day of was something I will never forget. I never cry...but that day I might've. ;) She was able to express our relationship in fluent poetic words and it was truly incredible. She made both my wife and I feel comfortable and calm throughout the entire process. It wasn't a boring recited ceremony like they often are. Jude gets to know you as a couple and uses that to form the most beautiful ceremony for you and your loved one. A day we shall never forget!!

Sent on 10/30/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Rev. Jude Smith FAQ

• What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Shinto
    Sikhism
    Taoist
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    CT
    MA
    NJ
    NY
    PA
    RI
    VT
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

Real Weddings

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Rev. Jude Smith 1
    Wedding Wire Special Offer!
    Experience the beauty of a handcrafted ceremony that will touch your heart in ways that are sacred, elegant, meaningful, and transformative, and enjoy a 10% savings on fees when mentioning this ad and Wedding Wire during our initial contact.
  • Rev. Jude Smith 2
    Short and Sweet and Sacred
    Although I specialize in highly customized wedding ceremonies, I understand that many couples may wish for something far less formal and customized, but no less elegant and sacred. For those more informal unions, I invite you to contact me so that we can explore how to turn your special moment into an event you'll cherish, with a fee designed to feel comfortable.

• Metro Music
    Metro Music Wedding DJs

Rev. Jude Smith is a class act. Professional, Personable and Organized. I would recommend her to all Bride & Grooms looking for that officiant with the "special touch!"

• Frog Hollow Photography
    Frog Hollow Photography Wedding Photographers

Makes the ceremony very personal for the couple. Blends traditions and words of different faiths. Wonderful to work with. We love Rev Jude :)

• DelConte Photography/Day for Night Productions
    DelConte Photography/Day for Night Productions Wedding Photographers

I love JUde. She deliveres a one of a kind ceremony based on who you are, not cookie cutter blah

• PO Box 45 Rhinebeck, New York, 12572 See on map