Rev. Jude Smith Reviews

104 Reviews for Rev. Jude Smith

1 User photo

Rev. Jude Smith 1

Jon Tario · Married on 09/21/2019

Excellent and well organized.

I can't say much really about the pricing, but I worked a wedding this past weekend with Jude, as I was the guitarist for the ceremony. Jude was very organized, clear about all of the cues, and performed a caring and thoughtful ceremony. From someone on the otherwise of the wedding ceremony, she was by far the easiest officiant to work with and an excellent choice for sure!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Erin Tierney · Married on 09/21/2019

The BEST choice you will make for your entire wedding.

I don't even know where to start. Jude is unreal. She gets to know you and your fiancé on such a personal level and genuinely cares about you both. We met with her multiple times and talked with her on the phone even more often. During our ceremony we were both completely relaxed because we felt so comfortable around her. Before the ceremony she reminded us to just look at her and listen to what she was saying, so we were able to soak up the moment and feel the love we shared. We trusted her completely and she always made sure that the ceremony felt right for us.
    Her words touched all of our family and friends as well. There was lots of sniffling from the audience. During the reception, SO MANY people approached us to compliment the ceremony, even people who we would have thought were there mostly for the party ;)
    She gave us resources to help choose the elements of our ceremony and documents to help us write our ring vows and personal vows. She also gave us clear and organized checklists along the way. Despite the fact that one of our checklist items was to get our marriage license at least 3 days before our wedding... we spaced it. In MA, there is a three (business) day waiting period for wedding licenses (not counting the day you apply for one). We realized on Tuesday night... our wedding was Saturday. We emailed Jude in a panic at midnight on Tuesday and the next morning she called the town hall in the town we were getting married and somehow arranged for one of the people working there to hand deliver our license to us on our wedding day. Oh, and Jude took time away from HER OWN vacation to do this.
    We could not have chosen a better, more genuine and caring officiant. We love Jude.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Rev. Jude Smith's reply:

Dear Erin and Chris,
    Your unsolicited words brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. My deepest wish is for all couples to feel the power of their love - with lots of laughter and warmth and perhaps a few tender tears.

Thank you for taking the time to so generously share the magic that we created together, and the reasons why. An extraordinary wedding ceremony is always a co-creative process. Thank you for trusting me to take you to where I promised you we would go. May you continue to live happily ever after.

Much love,
    Jude
  • Ricky

Ricky Bustamante · Married on 08/11/2019

We love jude

Our initial meeting with Jude was in Rhinebeck, NY, to get to know each other better. Our first impression of Jude was that she is someone who is extremely professional, but incredibly warm and inviting. Her office space exuded a sense of calm and Jude herself has an aura of peace and serenity surrounding her. Not ever meeting with an officiant before, we were unsure what to expect, but Jude made us feel peaceful, reassured and helped us understand what was to be expected of us, and how the entire ceremony would proceed on our wedding day. Any questions or concerns were approached with care and insight, she is a wonderful listener and excellent at explaining everything. We had many great options to make our ceremony truly be in our own words and convey the feelings we have for each other. We opted to not write our own vows, but were able to pick from pages of beautiful vows and tailor the ones we did pick to suit ourselves and how we feel about each other. They came out beautifully and we really felt the power of those words on our wedding day. We cannot state enough how the wedding would not have been the same if it were not for Jude's spirituality leading us and the attendees through the ceremony. The entire audience felt her sense of peace and warmth and it really elevated the ceremony and wedding to something even more beautiful and special. Jude set the tone and mood for the entire wedding, just an incredible way to start off our new lives together. We cannot say enough about how we loved her being our officiant. We highly recommend anyone who is thinking about having Jude as their officiant, to meet and talk with her, she will help make it the best day of your life

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • ralph

ralph · Married on 06/01/2019

Simply Amazing

Professional, courteous, kind and compassionate......

These are just a few words that encompass the experience with Jude on our special day. From the initial scope call to our face to face to the actual day of, Jude exhibited such class and professionalism that truly took our vision and knocked it out of the stratosphere. We will forever be grateful to her and welcome her as part of our family. (You truly are family)

Jude is a skilled operator of impeccable character and I would highly recommend her to anyone / any couple looking for a true professional and Interfaith Minister.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 05/26/2019

Among the best out there!

Rev. Jude is a true professional: organized, detail-oriented and thorough from beginning to end. She was a delight to work with from Day One and made our wedding ceremony truly beautiful. We are so grateful for the time she took getting to know us (and our ring bearing dog!) and for personalizing our ceremony—keeping it true to us. She was also so wonderful at keeping us calm the day of our wedding when our ceremony got delayed because of wind and rain. We so appreciate that! She helped make the most important day of our lives special and memorable. We can’t say enough good things about Rev. Jude.

Sent on 05/31/2019

David G · Married on 05/18/2019

Jude Smith, Officiant

It is our pleasure to write this review about Jude Smith as our wedding officiant.

This is a 2nd marriage for both of us and we wanted a less traditional ceremony that was unique and personal to us and our kids. Jude was happy to work with us in this regard and was terrific. She made a tremendous effort to get to know us by meeting us in person and via multiple telephone calls. She officiated our ceremony exactly as we had hoped with enthusiasm and true professionalism.

We highly recommend Jude to be your wedding officiant, you won't be disappointed.

Dave & Sophie
    5-18-2019

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn Elliott · Married on 10/20/2018

Your ceremony with be beautiful and personal!

Jude was such a pleasure to work with. Our ceremony was personal, thoughtful created, and my husband and I could not imagine our ceremony any other way. She is very kind, organized, and dedicated to making your wedding ceremony special and one of a kind. One of the best choices we made for our wedding!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Thomas

Thomas Polucci · Married on 10/06/2018

Jude Smith is a wonderful officiant

Jude is a warm, wonderful person and these qualities shine through in her service. My husband and I were moved in ways I didn’t realize were possible. It was the most loving service we could have hoped for and our guests told us many, many times that our ceremony was one of the most heartfelt and beautiful services that they had ever attended.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Jamie · Married on 10/06/2018

Best day of our lives

Jude was absolutely amazing. She is so organized, a master with words, poised, and confident. She met with us several times prior to our ceremony getting to know us and our stories. She then crafted a ceremony that was tailored to us, filled with these stories and moments creating a personalized and truly lovely event. I can’t tell you how many of our guests commented on how amazing Jude was as our officiant. We trusted her from the moment we met and she made us feel at ease on our special day knowing that she would guide us and our guests through the greatest day of my life.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Angela · Married on 09/07/2018

Jude is the best. We could not have found a more thoughtful or professional officiant than her. She was easy to communicate with, very detailed and organized, and made us feel very special throughout the whole process. She knew exactly what she was doing yet kept an open mind the whole time. I am so happy we found her and we are grateful to have shared our wedding with her.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Richard · Married on 09/07/2018

My wife and I are incredibly grateful to have been married by Jude. Jude is a thoughtful, caring, and fun person and it was special to have worked with her. She has a great approach and we trusted her guidance and expertise to help us create a wonderful ceremony together. We are happy that Jude was part of our special occasion and will always be thankful for her kindness.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Heather Barbosa · Married on 08/25/2018

Weddings, Celebrations of Life, Dedications, All wrapped up in one awesome person.

Rev. Jude is the complete package. She allows for abundant individuality but can also put the complete ceremony together. She officiated at my wedding to my husband and also at his Celebration of life ceremony in August. All those I spoke to stated it was the best service they had ever been to, leaving with hearts filled with love and hope. I am thankful and grateful to have had her by my side on both occasions. She is uplifting, unique, loving and spiritual.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Janette · Married on 08/18/2018

our experience

We feel so lucky and grateful to have had Rev. Jude Smith officiate our wedding. We wanted a wedding ceremony that was non-denominational yet still had weight and warmth to it. Rev. Jude helped us build a moving, transcendental and truly magical wedding ceremony. Rev. Jude helped us navigate the seemingly intimidating landscape of building our wedding ceremony. She provided a clear, calming road map for us - giving us solid logistical help on wrangling our large bridal party and families as well as endless resources of poems and vows to handcraft a wedding ceremony perfect for us. Our families were all so moved by the ceremony - many commented that it was so personal and warm we must have known Rev. Jude for years. But in fact we had worked with Rev. Jude remotely for just a couple weeks leading up to the wedding. This is testament to the warmth and sensitivity she brings to her work and her amazing aptitude to get to the heart of relationship, fully celebrating and honoring that relationship with a uniquely crafted wedding ceremony. She created a magical and loving foundation to build our marriage on and we could not be happier!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Kayla Breyette · Married on 06/29/2018

Absolutely wonderful

I honestly could not have asked for a better ceremony on my wedding day thanks to Jude. She made sure everything from beginning to end was tailored to my liking and both myself and my husband felt so comfortable with her from the minute we met. She really takes the time to get to know you as a couple and from that she creates a ceremony that is so personal and special. Jude truly takes pride in her work and we absolutely loved having her be a part of our big day.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Solie · Married on 06/28/2018

Jude was so easy going and great to work with. We had a few phone calls before the ceremony so that by the time we saw each other in person we felt like we knew her. She was very professional and accommodating . A few of my friends offered to officiate our wedding but I knew I wanted someone with experience and I am so glad we chose that route!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Chihiro · Married on 05/27/2018

Highly Recommend!

Looking back on our most perfect day, we are so grateful we had such a fantastic officiant. We felt so comfortable with Rev. Jude from the first time we chatted with her on the phone. I had spoken with a few officiants prior to speaking with Rev. Jude, but as soon as we got off the phone with her, I knew she was “our person.” :)

It also made it feel as if it was meant to be when I found out after the fact that she had officiated one of my best friends weddings too the year before. Such a small world!

The day of the wedding, she made sure the ceremony went smooth from start to finish. In addition, she made sure that every one of the guests at our wedding felt like “one.” She personalized it and made it so unique to us. We are so glad we chose Rev. Jude! She truly is the best and we are so thankful we found her!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Kyanna · Married on 03/31/2018

Rev. Jude is amazing. From our first meeting she made us feel comfortable and remember why we decided to get married. She was an excellent resource through the whole wedding process and made sure our ceremony turned out exactly the way we wanted. We didn’t have a clear vision but by the end we ended up with a ceremony that really embodied our relationship and values. Everyone at the wedding loved our ceremony and said it was one of the best they had seen.

Thank you so much for the beautiful ceremony and keeping us calm and present on our wedding day!!

- Kyanna and Affan

Sent on 04/14/2018

Mandy Facchin · Married on 03/18/2018

Rev. Jude is a pro for all occassions

When my husband and I welcomed our first baby girl into our family, we knew we wanted to mark the occasion in a special way. We decided to have a baby blessing/naming ceremony and Rev. Jude was the first and only person I called to officiate. Two years ago we chose her to officiate our wedding ceremony after an extensive search and interview process. We knew within 30 seconds of speaking to her over the phone that she was the right fit for us. She just has a special way of creating atmosphere and inviting everyone in attendance to open their hearts and dive into the ceremony fully. Her style is warm and joyful and light, but at the same time she has a confident and stable presence that grounds you and makes you feel at ease. You can feel comfortable and trust that your ceremony is in good hands. She did such a wonderful job during our wedding, we were delighted to invite her back to help us celebrate the birth of our daughter. Jude worked with us to customize the ceremony for our unique needs, presenting us with different options to find what we were most comfortable with. It really felt like we were working together to co-create the ceremony that was right for us. The result was simply beautiful. It felt like the perfect blend of formality and sacredness, even though we were just standing in my living room at home amongst family. Additionally, she is on-time, extremely well organized and prepared, and her many years of experience truly shows. I can highly recommend Rev. Jude for all your ceremony needs!

Sent on 10/26/2018

sara · Married on 11/04/2017

Jude was our officiant for our wedding the beginning of November. Jude was recommended to us from the event planner at our wedding venue. From the first day we met Jude we knew that we shared a great connection and that she would be perfect to officiate our wedding. We were looking for someone that was able to accommodate our needs that were different then most other weddings we had been to. Jude has spent an ample amount of time with us leading up to our wedding meeting each and every need we had. Our ceremony felt so us and we truly believe that this wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for Jude. We feel so blessed to have had Jude officiate our ceremony and we HIGHLY recommend her to officiate yours!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Alyssa · Married on 10/22/2017

Working with Rev. Jude Smith was a truly wonderful experience from start to finish. From the very first phone call straight through to our wedding day, my husband and I knew Rev. Jude was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding. We wanted a ceremony that was spiritual without being religious, and that wouldn't be a cliched, cookie cutter, fill-in-the-blanks formality that would bore both ourselves and our guests. Jude immediately understood our vision, and worked closely with us to craft a ceremony that was meaningful, beautiful, and unique to us. Throughout the process, Rev. Jude made a real effort to actually get to know us via multiple in-depth conversations via phone and Skype, culminating in an invitation to her office in beautiful Rhinebeck to finalize our ceremony. By the time our wedding day arrived, not only did we feel like we got exactly the ceremony we wanted, it felt like we were being married by a friend. It's impossible not to smile every time you speak with Rev. Jude thanks to her warm, friendly and loving personality that puts you at ease right from the start. She genuinely enjoys what she does, and it definitely shows in her work. Many of our wedding guests have expressed to us how much they enjoyed our ceremony, noting how special and magical it was. Choosing Rev. Jude to officiate our wedding was the best decision my husband and I made throughout our wedding planning process. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her and to have her be a part of our special day, and we highly recommend her to anyone. We miss working with her!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Jacqueline · Married on 10/13/2017

My husband and I just cannot express how pleased we are with the personalized, eloquent ceremony Jude helped create and bring to life. From the first skype call we had, Jude was just an absolute pleasure to work with. Whatever anxieties We had about creating the perfect ceremony true to us, just disappeared. She is truly a professional. Our friends and family are still talking about our ceremony weeks later. Highly highly recommend Jude!! Best officiant EVER!!!

Mary · Married on 10/07/2017

When I first met Rev. Jude Smith it was at my friends wedding 4 years ago. She made such an impression that I knew when the time came for me to get married, Jude was the minister I would choose.
    Well I recently married my long-time partner, Sue, of 17 years. The first phone call we made, after family of course,was to Jude! She was so happy for us and even more appreciative that after 4 years we remembered her and wanted her to be our officiant. Jude stepped us through every part of our ceremony and it turned out exactly the way we wanted!! With her help, our wedding was perfect! I will recommend her services to all my friends. Thank you Rev. Jude!
    Mary

Susan · Married on 10/07/2017

I was first introduced to Jude 4 years ago when friends of mine got married n she officiated their wedding .I was really impressed with her . Jude performed such a beautiful ceremony for my friends wedding that I knew I wanted her to officiate our wedding when we get married . So after 17 years with my partner we decided that it was time for us to get married so we stayed true to our promise to Jude and called her . Jude remembered us and we were just as surprised as she was . Judes response to us was she would be honored to officiate our wedding and thanked us both for letting her share our special day . Jude was very helpful and prompt .

• Y

Yih · Married on 09/23/2017

Safe to say -- we love Jude. And honestly, we could not imagine our ceremony without her. We met Jude 18 months before our wedding and immediately clicked with her. We talked about our relationship basically as friends more than a vendor. Jude sees her job as more than an officiant who shows up on a random Saturday. She sees herself as a connector, a listener, an encourager, a spiritual counselor and a writer of your love story. After all that, we also see her as our friend. On top of that, Jude was easily one of our most professional and organized vendors in our giant team of outside vendors.

The actual ceremony was magical. Some of it was due to perfect weather and a perfect setting. But a lot of it was based on the words and pacing Jude helped write and orchestrate. People were laughing... people were crying... and weeks later, people are still saying it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they've ever attended. Much of that praise is thanks to Jude!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Michael · Married on 09/17/2017

Rev. Jude did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. From the first time we spoke on the phone to meeting in person and the day of our ceremony she was always warm, understanding, patient, and kind. She brought alot of love in to our ceremony and helped us to express our love for each other. As an interfaith couple I was very impressed by her ability to create a ceremony for us that was meaningful and inclusive. I cannot imagine anyone better.