Ceremonies from the Heart

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$450 Typical Price

Greetings,

I am a professional wedding ceremony officiant and an ordained interfaith/nondenominational minister &serving Connecticut, New York City, Upstate NY, Western Massachusetts & Southern Vermont with 18 years of experience that includes weddings, baby blessings, vow renewals, and memorial services. I am also fully Covid Vaccinated.

I am an award-winning wedding & ceremony officiant and have been awarded Wedding Wire’s annual Couple’s Choice Award* consecutively for the past 11 years. I *Wedding Wire’s Couple’s Choice Award: Recognizes commitment to quality, service, responsiveness, and professionalism.

I embrace all Human Beings of the World regardless of culture, color, race, religious or non-religious/secular beliefs, traditions, sexual orientations.

Heart-Centered Customized Ceremonies All of my ceremonies are heart-centered, personally, and eloquently designed, and officiated. Each couple has their own special blend of magic, and I will seek to discover and capture YOUR special magic and illuminate it in your ceremony,

TYPES OF CEREMONIES

Weddings • Vow Renewals • LGBT Ceremonies • Baby Blessings • Memorial Services •Funerals.

SERVICES INCLUDE

Pre-Marital Coaching • Customized Ceremonies • Destination Weddings• Last Minute Weddings.

LOW BUDGET CEREMONIES

At the location of your choice: home and backyard, in a park, mountain top, alongside a river, on a bridge. Need ideas on where to have your ceremony? I have many great suggestions in New York and Connecticut.

FREE CONSULTATION

My ceremony process begins with a free consultation on the phone, Facetime, or ZOOM. This is an opportunity for us to get to know a little about each other. Together we will figure out what type of ceremony (spiritual, secular, non-religious, religious or simply a simple civil ceremony) is most relevant to you as a couple and most fitting for your beliefs.

LOCATIONS SERVED

As an ordained minister I am licensed to perform weddings in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York City, New York State, Pennsylvania & Vermont.

LBGTQ WEDDINGS

I am dedicated to supporting LGBTQ marriage and marriage equality. Are you a LGBTQ couple planning to pledge your lives and hearts to each other in marriage? Wouldn’t you prefer to be married by someone who is a strong advocate for LGBTQ marriage? I have officiated over 300 LGBTQ marriages.

Give Me A Call or Send Me an Email, I Would be Delighted to Hear from You: 1-914-799-5279 or, email: ceremonies4u@gmail.com

WEDDING CEREMONY PRICING LIST (Note that pricing below is approximate)

New York State: Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia County, Ulster, & Orange Counties - $375 - $500

New York City, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn - $450 - $500

Connecticut: Litchfield, Fairfield & Hartford Counties $400 - $500

A BIT ABOUT ME

I embrace ALL people, all faiths, races, traditions, and orientations. I was one of the forerunners in LBGTQ marriage in 2009 when LBGTQ marriage was first legalized in Connecticut in 2008.

I believe in the fundamental beauty and wisdom innate in all regardless of race, religion, and sexual orientation. My focus is on unity and love and all that unites us as human beings, not what superficially appears to separate us

Upon graduating from the New Seminary in 2003, I was ordained as an interfaith minister at St. John’s the Divine Cathedral in NYC.

My 19 years of extensive experience includes creating and officiating approximately 2,000 ceremonies for couples from different religious, spiritual, non-religious, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds in Metro NYC, Upstate NY & Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey, and Western Massachusetts. Many of my couples come from other parts of the globe which includes many couples from Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales, Australia, The Bahamas who come to be married or renew their vows in New York City.

• Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$450

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$425

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$100

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$75

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CT
DC
MA
NH
NJ
NY
PA
VT

What languages do you speak?

English

John S. Married on 11/06/2021

Awesome & Lovely Time

Working with Sara was possibly one of the easiest parts of our wedding. She is incredibly flexible and willing to hear out your needs to make sure your wedding ceremony is exactly what you're looking for. This is both before and on your big day. She gave us an amazing ceremony to remember for life. Sara is simply an awesome and lovely person to work and talk with. Definitely recommend working with her.

Ceremonies from the Heart's reply:

John, thank you so much for taking the time to not only post a fantastic review about me on Wedding Wire but also for emailing me directly to express your appreciation!
    It was a great pleasure working with you and Chloe and having the honor of officiating your marriage at the TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut.
    Much gratitude to you and Chloe for choosing me to be your officiant!
    My best wishes are with you and Chloe. I wish you a great and glorious journey through life together as husband and wife filled with love and happiness.
    Kindest regards, blessings, and best wishes to you and Chloe.
    Reverend Sara
    Shelley K. Married on 10/20/2021

Rev. Sara Was the Perfect Fit for Our Wedding - and She Will Be For Yours Too!

When my now-husband and I were left without an officiant less than one month before our wedding due to a family member who was supposed to marry us unable to travel due to COVID restrictions, I went into full panic mode trying to find an officiant. After turning to Google and reaching out to several options in the area, Sara was quick to respond, sent along some information and set up an introductory call with me. She and I had a very brief phone conversation that immediately put me at ease; I knew right off that she was the one. That weekend, we set up a Zoom call so my then fiancé could meet her, and spent nearly an hour chatting about our background, how we met, what we both envisioned the ceremony to look like, and getting to know her a bit. As soon as we ended the call, we both knew she was the perfect fit for us.

Sara worked hard with us to craft the perfect ceremony that we wanted, and it was clear to us that she never uses a standard template to just “get the job done.” I was looking for something meaningful and while on the spiritual side, less religious. My now-husband was looking for something much more religious. Sara pulled a few previous ceremonies that she had performed that she thought could be a fit, as well as some specific reading ideas and access to her full library of readings. Forget spending time looking of passages online - if you work with her - she provides you with EVERYTHING you could ever need! In addition to the readings and more cut and dry aspects of the ceremony (which she helped us balance out beautifully to fit what we were both looking for in terms of religious vs. spiritual), what really struck us about working with Sara was her desire to make it as personal as possible, despite not really knowing us. She gave us the idea to provide her with our “love story” - details of what we love about one another and our relationship - which were kept private until she read them during the ceremony. She also gave us some wonderful ideas to pay tribute to my late father-in-law, as well as our parents, and friend and family that were both present and tuning in via Zoom. She was warm, funny, loving and just perfect, and the hard work that she put into making this piece of our wedding absolutely perfect was clearly so important to her and over-the-moon appreciated by us!

They say everything happens for a reason, and while we were disappointed initially our original plans did not work out for the officiant, it truly was meant to be that Sara was the one with us on our special day.

Ceremonies from the Heart's reply:

Hello Shelley,
    In your lovely testimonial you said, “they say everything happens for a reason and it truly was meant to be that Sara was the one with us on our special day.” This also reflects my sentiments about you and Stephen! I knew from our initial ZOOM chat that I was going to love working with you both and indeed, my intuition was 100% right-on! Our special connection was truly meant to be!
    Much gratitude to you for your lovely and amazing review about me on Wedding Wire. It was a great pleasure working with you and Stephen and deeply rewarding to me to hear that I created a beautiful, memorable, meaningful experience for you. Thank you so very much for taking the time to express such a lovely testimonial of gratitude to me on Wedding Wire.
    It was truly delightful to go through the process of planning your ceremony with you and Stephen and a great joy officiating your marriage on your wedding day! What a perfectly beautiful, elegant, spectacular wedding you had surrounded by the love of your intimate gathering of family and friends at The Inn at Graybarns in Norwalk, Ct! And the two of you were simply radiant with your love for each other as you pledged your vows!
    You and Stephen seem so absolutely perfect for each other, and I will always remember the joy I felt joining you in marriage!
    My blessings, and best wishes are with you and Stephen! May your journey through life as husband and wife be a great and glorious journey filled with love and joy!
    Rev Sara

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Pricing

Ceremonies from the Heart Price Rates

Joyful Video Joyful Video Wedding Videographers

Our clients love Rev Sara and if you ever been to a ceremony she has presided over you will know why Rev Sara is the most sought after in the hudson valley.

Myles Studio Photography Myles Studio Photography Wedding Photographers

Rev. Henderson adds a very personal touch to every ceremony that she does. She helps makes the wedding day special. I've worked with her many times, and have enjoyed all that she put into each and every ceremony.

New Haven New Haven, CT, 06510
929-265-4682
914-799-5279

8 AM - 7 PM 7 Days
Location of (Ceremonies from the Heart)

Other vendors in Hartford for your wedding