E.C. Campbell Photography Reviews

E.C. Campbell Photography 6
E.C. Campbell Photography 7
  • Hannah

Hannah Novak · Married on 10/27/2018

Beyond Exceptional from Start to Finish!

When we first got engaged and started thinking about our wedding, my husband and I knew we wanted to make our photographer the number 1 priority because the photos are the one thing we'll have forever. So we want to love them! E'Lisa came highly recommended and as I did research on other photographers I felt like none of the others compared to the quality of her work, so we booked her!

Let me tell you, E'Lisa impressed us from day 1. She was so kind & professional and put effort into getting to know us and what we wanted out of our photos. She was always very responsive in answering any questions I threw her way and she even assisted me with putting together a timeline for the day! I felt like everything was kept very simple and organized which made me that much less stressed.

E'Lisa (and her assistant) makes being photographed feel effortless. She knows what she's doing, what kind of photos to take, and she gets the job done all while making you feel comfortable and often not even realizing she's still taking photos. That last part is key. Some of my favorite photos were ones I didn't even know were being captured. She gets these little, spontaneous moments that capture so much emotion and beauty.

She sent us a really nice variety of sneak peeks not even a week after the wedding! I was in love with all of them! And once she sent us the full album, I was floored by how many amazing photos there were. I don't know how I'll choose which to display! She captured everything we wanted and then a ton more. I felt like I was reliving each part of the day as I flipped through them all.

We absolutely made the right decision choosing E.C. Campbell photography and I truly appreciate her hard work to help make our day absolutely perfect. I'll definitely be looking her up again for any future photography needs!

(I also want to mention and send another "thank you" to E'Lisa for very quickly sending us photos of my husband's grandfather when he passed away so that we could have them at his funeral. It was extremely touching to his family and I know she put aside personal time in order to get those to us. So thank you, from the bottom of our hearts for that.)

Sent on 01/26/2019
    E.C. Campbell Photography 17
    E.C. Campbell Photography 18
    E.C. Campbell Photography 19

Daniele · Married on 06/09/2018

The photographer was the most important vendor to pick for me. I interviewed several, and when I talked with E'Lisa on the phone, I knew I had found my perfect fit! Her gorgeous portfolio speaks for itself and she also understood exactly what I was looking for in my wedding photos. She has a contagious energy and she seemed just as excited about my wedding as I did!
    Throughout the 13+ months of wedding planning, E'Lisa would check in and got to know me and my husband. We did an engagement photo shoot with her (highly recommend!) which helped my husband loosen up in front of the camera. It happened to be pouring rain that day and she encouraged us to go outside for a few photos - they turned out to be our favorites!
    As the wedding day was approaching she also helped tremendously with timeline planning. The day went so smoothly in large part to her help.
    E'Lisa is incredibly thoughtful - each mail communication, from the initial contract to the USB drive delivery, was presented so beautifully with dried flowers and beautiful stationary. It made us feel special and we knew our photos would also be treated with the same level of detail.
    We received HUNDREDS of photos several weeks after our wedding. And they are all so beautiful! She was able to capture so many little moments in the day. The photos in large part were not posed so she was able to capture the nervousness, excitement, and all the love of the day! We will treasure these photos for the rest of our lives!
    I can't recommend E'Lisa enough as a photographer for your special day. She is also an all-around fantastic human!

Sent on 09/22/2018
    E.C. Campbell Photography 20
    E.C. Campbell Photography 21
    E.C. Campbell Photography 22
    E.C. Campbell Photography 23
    E.C. Campbell Photography 24
    E.C. Campbell Photography 25

Jeff · Married on 08/13/2017

Just hire her and forget about it!!!! She was wonderful to work with. You better book her out way in advance (like a year or more) too we were very lucky to get her.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2017

Oh my gosh, I don't even know where to start with E'Lisa. She is hands down the best vendor we booked, from the very beginning during our engagement photos she was so sweet and personal and obviously a phenomenal photographer. She captures photos in such a way that conveys that moment and emotion so perfectly which is we love her. She had done my friends wedding prior and as soon as I got engaged I knew I had to book her immediately! E'Lisa also knows how to make you feel so relaxed and calm during the whole wedding process in general, she's honestly just the best :)

Sent on 07/06/2017

Christine · Married on 01/28/2017

E'lisa is the absolute BEST. Every single photo she gave us was amazing. She captured the joy in all the photos she took. I had a winter wedding and desperately wanted photos with the snow falling down. She even braved the cold to get these amazing snow falling photos. She was a pleasure to work with and always timely with her communication. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer! I want her to photograph all of my major life events! Book her!

Sent on 04/08/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

We knew our wedding photos were something we would cherish forever, so we did our research and met with a dozen or so photographers. We could not be happier that we chose E'Lisa! She has a warm, bubbly personality and is super easy going. She kept in touch throughout the whole planning process and helped us pick sites for our engagement photos, first look and bridal party photos. She managed to keep us on schedule the day of the wedding, without being pushy or causing more stress. E'Lisa had an amazing way of making us feel totally comfortable while being able to capture our personalities perfectly in the photos. And as for the finished product...absolutely stunning! We loved everything about working with E'Lisa and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 03/05/2017

I can not begin to describe our experience with E'Lisa! Between our engagement session and wedding photos we felt so comfortable with her and her photography partner/husband Chris. My husband has never been comfortable getting his pictures taken, but with E'Lisa and her laid back style he felt comfortable along with our whole wedding party. The day of our wedding she had my list of photos I wanted taken and I'm so glad because most of them I would have forgotten about while getting caught up in the day. Those are just a few things that made our experience with E'Lisa so special, but I could go on and on!

Sent on 12/16/2016

I wish all of my wedding vendors were as amazing as E.C. Campbell Photography! E'Lisa and her team are so incredibly sweet, professional, and well organized. Because of this, I had complete piece of mind and confidence throughout the entire process. My photographers were always on time (if not early), they remembered all the intricate details I discussed with them (even the ones I forgot!), and they have such a warm and friendly way about them that instantly made them part of the family. And I cannot say enough about this team’s talents – just OUT OF THIS WORLD! E’lisa managed to capture all the little moments that made our day so special. The single tear my dad shed before he took my arm to walk me down the aisle - she got it! My baby niece curled up in a chair, fast asleep amidst all the hustle and bustle - She captured it! The look on my Grandfather’s face as he congratulated me for the first time as a married woman – she shot it! The sour expression I made after I downed a shot of blackberry brandy at my reception – she caught it! All of these moments, along with many other touching, happy, emotional, and silly moments, were photographed more beautifully than I could ever imagine. I cannot wait to have E’Lisa and her team document more of my big life events.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/16/2016

E'Lisa was amazing to work with. She was super friendly, always available for questions, and most importantly gave us the best pictures to remember our wedding by. We had such a good experience working with E'Lisa that my sister who is getting married 6 months after me is using E'Lisa as well. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Jillian · Married on 07/09/2016

E'lisa was absolutely phenomenal! She listened to our thoughts and wishes and went above and beyond. Her work was beautiful and more than we could ever expected. She captured the special moments, and somehow captured the moments that were so special to us! We are able to relive our day through her work. . . and that is priceless!

E'lisa was able to walk me through the process thoroughly which was so helpful. It was not overwhelming or worrisome; she was available to contact with last minute questions, and was flexible when it came to show time. I recommend her whole-heartedly!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Eden · Married on 05/28/2016

E'Lisa shot our wedding this Memorial Day weekend. We met her through a recommendation from a friend who has used her for a sister's and a cousin's wedding. We are so happy we decided to book her as well! The communication and prep beforehand was awesome, especially as I live out of state and was arranging the wedding from afar. E'Lisa is very accommodating and responsive; we arranged the shot list and timeline over email with 1 in person meeting. She graciously made a few semi-last minute changes as the timeline shifted the day before too! Most importantly our photos are gorgeous! We are very happy with how she shot the people and scenery. To top it off she captured one of the one photos we have of our dogs both facing the camera and smiling!

Everyone was very impressed by her professionalism and style and helpful manner! My mom was also very appreciative and couldn't stop talking about how nice she is! Our wedding day and timeline was such a success and I know E'Lisa had a lot to do with that!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Anna · Married on 01/16/2016

I am beyond grateful that E'Lisa was able to be a part of my wedding day! I have known E'Lisa for years, and have always admired her work, so choosing her to be my photographer was a no-brainer. She has a true passion for people and the love they share, and it shows! Her calm and caring presence was a breath of fresh air during the fast-paced wedding day, and we couldn't have been happier to have her and Chris with us! My husband and I recently received our photos and we were blown away. We laughed and cried our way through the entire gallery. She perfectly captured the energy in the room, and the personalities of our loved ones. Your wedding day moves so fast, and it is truly special to have photos of those "in-between moments" that I you might have missed.

Sent on 03/25/2016

Michele · Married on 10/03/2015

We first met E’Lisa when she did a family session for us. We were in love with her positive attitude and how she breezed through our session making everyone feel so comfortable, happy, and ready to take some great pictures! We fell in love even more when we saw the photos afterwards. So when we got engaged and it came time to choose a wedding photographer, we didn’t look anywhere else.

E’Lisa was amazing the whole wedding process. From the first meeting, to helpful emails we exchanged in between, to our final meeting, she made it all feel effortless on our end. We were 100% confident with everything in our plan, and she kept everything extremely organized. Details in a wedding can change quickly, and she was always on top of every update I sent over. Fast forward to the day of, and she was a rock star. The weather was not ideal (it was chilly and rainy), but she pumped us all up (no one is usually happy about rain and chill when they were expecting sunny and warm) about the great photos we were about to take that afternoon - cheers for umbrellas! She kept our group on time, excited, organized, and got us all the shots/locations we had discussed during our meetings.

We recently received our photos, and they were absolute perfection. The emotions that she captured on that day are incredible, and it was more than we could have hoped for in terms of photos we will treasure forever. She clearly pours her heart into her job, and it is evident in her work.

I wish I could tell all of you who are reading this EVERY detail of what I would like to sing to the world about E’Lisa, but since I can’t do that I can leave you with this - if you want a photographer who cares about you, your wedding day, and capturing the special moments you share with family and friends that day, give E’Lisa a call. It was one of the first things we did, and definitely one of our best decisions!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Suzanne · Married on 08/08/2015

Words cannot describe how amazing E'Lisa and her husband Chris were as our wedding photographers. Our wedding was out of state at a destination spot in Northern Michigan. We currently live in Memphis, so wedding planning was a little bit more work for us trying to do everything from afar. From the get go E'Lisa was extremely helpful and a fantastic resource, especially since she was very familiar with my venue. After booking her, she sent me an adorable wedding packet that had a lot of information on suggestions for the wedding. She promptly answered all my emailed questions and when meeting with her in person about a month before the wedding it was like playing catch up with an old longtime friend. On the day of the wedding she made sure everything was taken care of and timing was perfect. I never felt rushed and we got every shot that we wanted. E'Lisa has such an refreshingly positive energy about her. Shortly after the wedding she sent us a few sneak peaks of our photos, and they were phenomenal. After seeing all of our photos, it is hard to pick out our favorites! My husband has already requested E'Lisa to do portraits of our future child(ren)!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Karen · Married on 06/26/2015

E'Lisa was great to work with and very responsive to emails. She has a calm, reassuring presence, which is super helpful on the wedding day. We loved the photos both from our engagement session and the wedding itself. She was able to capture the personality of each of our guests through her photography and we will cherish our pictures for years to come.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Stephanie · Married on 06/05/2015

E'lisa was one of 2 photographers who made it to the "final round" of our rigorous selection process. I have to thank Amy & Chris Burke for recommending her, she was so much fun to work with and of course a phenomenal photographer. If there is one vendor from our list who I would say my friends MUST have, it's E'lisa. Love love love her.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Oh my god I loved, loved, loved working with E'Lisa! She has a flair for photography that is unmatched. She was recommended to us by two friends who got married a few years before and I am so glad they told us about her! The first time we met E'Lisa it was like we had been friends for years! She gave us the biggest hug and was so excited about our wedding. She personalized every card and mail she sent to us with the sweetest notes like "Stephanie is the best!" and made us feel so special. We decided to do our engagement session in Traverse City and was able to coordinate with her to take our engagement session while she was up there vacationing with her family. She took time out of her vacation for us!! how many people can say that? We were beyond happy with all of our engagement photos and had countless compliments. One of the best things is that after your photo sessions she gives you a sneak peek within 24 hours of a few of the photos she took and later on gives you a CD of all of your pictures with rights to your pictures. I cannot stress enough how important that is when looking for a photographer!! If the photographer doesn't give you the rights to your own photos I would not use them (personally). That means you HAVE to go to that photographer any time you want to print, duplicate, alter, or use your photos.
    She is extremely prompt with you receiving your photos too. It only took 6-8 weeks to get ours. This is amazing especially since I have heard horror stories about couples not getting their photos until YEARS after the wedding.
    E'Lisa was extremely flexible to all of our request and went all over Detroit (even in the pouring rain) to take our wedding pictures. I cannot wait to see our wedding photos!!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Carrie · Married on 12/31/2014

E'Lisa was amazing to work with. I met her and saw her work initially through a friend of mine, and I always knew that I would want EC Campbell as our wedding photographer!
    E'Lisa makes everything a such a personal experience from your first neeting. She is sweet and caring and goes above and beyond to make your wedding day everything you dream it would be. Her organizational skills help make everything go smoothly on the day of the wedding. AND of course her photos are absolutely wonderful. She captured every moment and feeling so perfectly!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Words cannot explain how phenomenal E.C. Campbell Photography is! E’Lisa is clearly passionate about her work and has so much fun doing her job! She made us super comfortable throughout the day and made it easy to get such amazing wedding shots. On top of that, her experience shines through in her suggestions, her ability to keep the day moving, and obviously the pictures! We have had multiple friends and guests tell us the pictures really captured the emotion of the day.

When my husband and I sit down to look through our wedding photos we feel as if we are reliving the day all over again…It truly cannot get any better than that =). Her work is impeccable and she, along with her team is extremely professional. Between the engagement shoot and the wedding we now have a ton of amazing photos that we can't wait to frame. We highly recommend E.C. Campbell Photography!!!

Sent on 02/28/2015

Mollie · Married on 10/04/2014

E'Lisa and Chris Campbell of E.C. Campbell Photography are nothing short of extraordinary. My husband I initially met them at my brother and sister-in-law's wedding in May of 2012. After seeing their wedding pictures, we knew that E.C.Campbell Photography would be the ones to document out wedding. In fact, we called E'Lisa to book our date only days after we were engaged. E'Lisa is creative, kind, loving, and genuine. She and Chris have an incredible chemistry while working together that is fun and easy going, yet professional. She pays attention to the little details, the ones you would never think about, and displays them beautifully. We simply could not be happier with our images and we would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Kristyn · Married on 09/13/2014

E'Lisa's talent is shown through the passion and creativity she puts into her work. She has a way of making you feel very comfortable and at ease. I love her ability to capture the raw emotion and true essence of the moment. Her work is amazing and she is very personable & definitely cares about her couples. I'm grateful we were able to work with her and highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/16/2014

We could not have been more happy with E.C. Campbell Photography! E'Lisa is extremely professional and her attention to detail is amazing. I loved that she wanted to get to know us and that she listened to our vision for our wedding day and pictures. E'Lisa was great at offering advice on things that we were not sure about or did not have strong feelings about. We did not have a chance to meet E'Lisa or Chris until the day of the wedding but they instantly felt like long time friends. I loved the blog post that E'Lisa does with a sample of her favorite photos, I was able to share that with friends and family without having to overwhelm them with ALL of the wedding pics. We have so many incredible photos from the day!! They really captured the emotion of the day and when I look back at the pictures I can remember exactly how happy I was that day.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Excellent photographer! Made us feel extremely special during our wedding and was so much fun to work with during the engagement session and at the wedding.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Meeting her for the first time was like meeting up with a good friend. You spend a lot of time with your wedding photographer the day of the wedding, and we were looking for someone who we felt comfortable with. Five minutes into our meeting, we knew we wanted E'Lisa to do our photos. From start to finish she was fantastic to work with: always available when we had questions and both our engagement and wedding photos are awesome. Several people at our wedding mentioned how great she was the day of and how great our pictures look. Her and her assistant were always around but always in the background, so you never realized they were taking the awesome photos we ended up with! We got married in a space that is hard to photograph well, so we looked at a lot of photographers. E'Lisa was by far the best in working in the space and our photos came out so well. We had a wedding party who was like herding squirrels, yet she got through the pictures quickly and kept everyone in line.

On a personal note, E'Lisa was also fantastic at talking us through wedding planning and day of timeline stuff. We didn't have a wedding planner, and E'Lisa's experience with weddings in general was really helpful when we needed it. My husband and I really can't recommend her enough, she will be asked to do all our family's professional pictures!

Sent on 08/23/2014

E'Lisa was one of the first vendors we hired for our wedding and she was by far one of the best. From the start she was very professional yet personable. She showed us samples of her work and her portfolio was not only impressive by stylish. We warned her about demanding parents and she took it all in stride. Prior to the wedding she gave us a very detailed timeline, which we eventually used as the timeline for all of our vendors. At the wedding she was a total pro and worked well with our 3rd party videographer. The pictures came back to us very quickly and in a beautiful package with a pretty USB drive. Overwhelmingly happy with her service, quality and professionalism. Would highly recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding. Just make sure to get to her early as she limits the amount of weddings she does in a year.

Sent on 05/08/2014