douglaslevy photography Reviews

126 | Ayer, MA

126 Reviews for douglaslevy photography

Alexandra · Married on 06/29/2019

We love Doug!

The review title says it all... we adore Doug. Doug shot our rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony & reception. Going into our wedding weekend, we had total confidence in Doug, knowing his extremely high level of professionalism but also knowing that he totally got our vibe. We are pretty low key and it was great feeling that he understood that. He was extremely quick about getting photos of the wedding party and good at wrangling everybody, and he set everyone at ease. As well, some of our guests actually remarked how good he was at covering the ceremony and reception and didn't miss a moment - and he was the only shooter! We got over 650 photos, with beautiful photos of us, our friends and families, and the venue and the details. Not to mention, we got our wedding photos back in two weeks. You just can't beat that! Thank you, Doug!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Kristen · Married on 06/22/2019

Would definitely recommend

Doug was amazing. I was immediately impressed by his knowledge when first talking to him, as he is very experienced both as a photographer and in the wedding industry. He made my husband and I feel very comfortable in front of the camera, even though that's not our thing. Doug did both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures and they came out even better than I could expected (and faster as well). He is an excellent photographer but I was equally impressed by how efficient and organized he is as well. I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Chloe

Chloe Kounadis · Married on 04/05/2019

Wonderful Experience with Doug Levy!

My husband and I recently used Doug Levy for our wedding in Cambridge, MA. From the moment we connected with Doug it was smooth sailing. He was responsive to our e-mails and questions. Having Doug and his awesome second shooter, Angela on our big day was incredible. They were both calm, organized and kept us laughing through out the day. We were both beyond excited when we received our pictures. They truly captured our family and friends. We will treasure are wedding photographs forever. Thanks Doug and Angela for an amazing experience!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Gillian

Gillian Kirby · Married on 03/25/2019

Perfect choice for our elopement

We were eloping from the UK to Boston, so getting photos for everyone back home was very important. When you're planning a surprise wedding from another continent, things can feel very stressful, and I was also worried it might be awkward with just ourselves and the photographer - especially as neither of us are that comfortable in front of the camera. Turns out it's a lot less stressful when your photographer comes back to you lightning quick, will not only listen to our ideas but offer better ones, is more than willing to liase with our celebrant to work out details when time zones make it tricky, and can 'meet' via Skype when you're not in the same country. This is what we got with Doug.

He was super helpful when we had no real idea what we were actually going to do on the day and only had a plane ticket, a date and 'I dunno, suppose we'll get married and have food or something?' as a plan - he had great ideas for where to go for our first look and portraits afterwards, and wasn't fazed by our unconventional outdoor/bookshop wedding when it came to capturing the day, literally willing to get his hands dirty by getting down between the stacks to shoot us framed by the books. He and his assistant Steve were lovely and really good at putting us at ease during the pretty unusual experience of being followed around the city with a camera, and he was even thoughtful enough to have hot packs on hand for us when it got unexpectedly cold on the Rose Kennedy Greenway.

Oh, but none of this would be important if the photos weren't good, right? Well, they were awesome. When we were choosing a photographer, we knew that we didn't want formal poses, and we didn't want that over-filtered blown out look; we did want something that we could look back on once we got home, when it all seemed like a dream, and remember what it was like to actually be there. This is exactly what Doug gave us. From the messy hotel room to the bookshop prosecco pop, to the trip to Mike's Pastry for our wedding cake to being willing to near-freeze to get a photo of us in front of the city skyline. Friends of ours who've seen the photos have said that our personalities have been captured perfectly, and frankly anyone who can get my husband to smile on a photo and not look some combination of grumpy and embarrassed has to be extremely talented. Oh, and they arrived at my desk in the UK within three weeks of the ceremony - I've ordered socks that have taken longer to get to me.

We couldn't be happier with the photos, and are really looking forward to giving them to our families. It can be hard to plan things if you are doing something unconventional - big, well-co-ordinated events are always going to look good on camera/Pinterest, but if your wedding planning is more Post-It notes, too much coffee and a glue-gun, it's hard to know whether the happiness will come across as much as the wonkiness. If you're planning an intimate wedding or an elopement, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Doug.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Margaret · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Photographer!

It's hard to put into words how amazing it was to work with Doug. We had our engagement photos done with him and he and his assistant Angela (who was so sweet and attentive) took our wedding photos. Doug has an eye unlike any other. His shots were absolutely amazing and he has a dedicated work ethic and flawless execution. Working with Doug is like working with a close friend; he puts you at ease and makes you laugh - which is exactly what you want during the excitement (and stress!) of planning a wedding.

Sent on 12/17/2018
  • Katie

Katie Madden · Married on 09/22/2018

Professional, easy going & talented!

My husband and I booked Doug, following a recommendation by mutual friends, that hired him as their wedding photographer. From my very first inquiry, Doug was always quick to respond, personable, and professional.

We first met Doug in person for our engagement photos, when it POURED rain the entire day. Working with Doug that day, you would never know the difference between a sunny day and our torrential downpour engagement session - he was easy going, excited about our shoot, and maintained high energy the entire afternoon. My husband and I were a bit nervous that our photos would appear awkward, since neither of us had any experience taking professional photos, but Doug's calming energy and friendly personality put us right at ease, and we loved our engagement photos!

Doug stayed in contact throughout our engagement, and when the time came to do the final pre-wedding meeting, he was well prepared and thorough in his plans.

Working with Doug on our wedding day was a pleasure! Thanks to Doug's pre-wedding drive by and prep, we avoided a group photo location that was being used for another wedding (we had no idea!) We would have lost almost 30 minutes at our reception, if he hadn't checked out the location.

Doug and his assistant for the day, Matt, were a blast to work with, and made everyone feel comfortable. Our wedding photos came out absolutely beautiful, and we are grateful to have these memories captured by such talented photographers.

I cannot speak highly enough of Doug. He is professional, friendly, and highly talented. We were lucky to have him as a part of our big day!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Dianne · Married on 08/12/2018

Doug's work speaks for itself! What it doesn't say is how he makes it as easy as possible! From the first meeting to the event itself, Doug truly helps make your day as easy as possible! Oh, and you will have beautiful pictures to commemorate your special day!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Kathryn · Married on 06/15/2018

We could not be more thankful to Doug for capturing our wedding day perfectly. The quantity and quality of pictures was outstanding and he captured all the important moments so well, from getting ready, to the ceremony, the cocktail hour and the dancing. Yes, the photos are awesome, but Doug is even better to work with. He is professional, creative, enthusiastic, and so much fun! I couldn't recommend more highly!

Sent on 06/28/2018

lauren · Married on 06/15/2018

Doug is the best. I first used him for my oldest daughter's wedding 6 years ago. He was the first vendor I signed up this time around. He returns his emails crazy fast. He is flexible and patient as plans unfold for the wedding. On the wedding day he was energetic, creative and professional. Its gets better...we had our slide show in 3 days and our pictures in 7 days. We loved our daughter's wedding and now with the pictures we will remember it for ever.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Lisa · Married on 10/29/2017

We couldn't have been happier working with Doug. First and foremost, his photography is top notch. We love the photos from both our engagement shoot and our wedding. Doug did a wonderful job capturing all the important moments of our day - from getting ready, to first look, family photos, dancing and cake cutting. He also was able to help us work around threatening rain to find some great places to take photos both inside and outside our venue. Doug was extremely responsive and easy to work with through the whole process. He was always willing to make himself available to answer questions and his email response time was extremely fast. He also did a great job explaining what would work best for our day and did not try to up sell us. Finally, he worked with us to provide an album option outside of his usual offering on special request. Above and beyond!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Laura · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I hired Doug for our 09/09/17 wedding and I can't say enough good things about him! Right from the start, he was incredibly responsive. We set up an engagement shoot with him which was phenomenal. We had those photos back from him within a few days of the shoot! As it got closer to the wedding, we talked with him a couple of times about what we were looking for at the wedding...what family photos, what group photos, etc. He had never shot a wedding at our venue before so he went there early to scope things out so he already had an idea of where he wanted to do some of our photos. He's very professional and super organized.

We had a blast with him and his second shooter, Lisa. They were so both so much fun and made being in front of a camera so easy. All of our family and friends really enjoyed their company as well and I had several compliments about the two of them. Even better, we had all of our wedding photos back to us within 10 days of the wedding and we love every single one of the 650 photos we have! There is literally not a bad shot in there.

We are beyond impressed with Doug and absolutely recommend hiring him for your wedding!!!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Aleksa · Married on 08/11/2017

My best friend got married 3 years ago and had Doug as her photographer, I absolutely loved the quality of his work and everything he did with the pictures, so we decided to have him as ours. We knew without a doubt that we would be extremely happy with our wedding pictures...and we are! We got married on August 11, 2017 and had our pictures back to us 3 weeks later! Not only did we have our pictures, but Doug also made a short video with music that we watch every day and have been sharing with everyone! We left for our honeymoon and when we got home we already had a flash drive waiting for us filled with all of our pictures. Doug works hard and sticks to his word and it was so nice working with someone who is serious about their job and just wants to make their clients more than happy. Doug came to the brides home and Steve went to the grooms home and both made the atmosphere comfortable and fun! Throughout the day and night, Doug and Steve captured so many candids and a variety of great shots of all of our guests. It is so great to be able to share a variety of pictures to friends and family because it is not just of the bride and groom. We loved seeing all of the head shots of the smiling faces and people laughing. Doug was so easy to work with and replied to us as soon as we sent an e-mail to him. In advance, we made a list of pictures that we wanted done and he made sure that we got the pictures we wanted and that we were satisfied. He checked in with us throughout the night and there were no surprises. If we could, we would give Doug and his team more than 5 stars. We would recommend him to anyone for any occasion! For future events, if we ever need a photographer we know who to call!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Erica · Married on 07/29/2017

Doug Levy far exceeded our expectations when it came to our wedding photographs. He had a unique way of catching those candid little moments during our wedding. We also loved how he incorporated the environment into our images. We were so afraid a cloudy day would ruin our photos. However, Doug made the clouds pop into lively colors during a sunset. Doug is also highly professional and always responded to our emails right away. We highly recommend that you give Doug a call!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

Doug came highly recommended by family friends, and I'm so glad that we too used Doug as our wedding photographer. Doug is professional, a pleasure to work with, and creative. He made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. We are so happy with our photos.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Corinne · Married on 05/13/2017

I cannot sing Doug Levy's praises enough, nor do I feel my review can even remotely do him the justice he deserves; he IS hands down one of the most talented wedding photographers in the Boston-surrounding area. Not only does he have an eye for the most intimate candids, he is also super down to earth and a pleasure to work with. As a woman who is painfully awkward in front of a camera (I could not tell you why) and critical of myself in photographs (can we all stop doing this to ourselves?) Doug puts you and your partner at ease though the entire process. He also exudes the energy of a friend that you may feel you've actually known for years.
    Doug listens and cares about his clients in a way that is genuine. He goes out of his way to build a rapport with clients to build and invest in telling a story- with you and for you.

Now, the pictures that he produces are simply incredible. I attached one here featured on his Instagram page and the work speaks just for itself. His pictures are authentic and real yet still completely detailed and intimate works of art. Our couples photography are all both equally as stunning; some are even beautifully humorous- he captures every fascet of your day in a way that is uniquely you.

I cannot recommend Doug enough to anybody looking for couples and/or wedding photography. Doug is seamless prompt easy effortless and most importantly, he takes a downright amazing and beautiful photograph.

Thanks again Doug!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Shay · Married on 05/06/2017

I can't say enough about how great working with Doug was. He's responsive, professional, good at making you feel comfortable, and produces such high quality work. The forecast on our wedding day was not looking great and he happened to be in the area the day before, so he offered to meet us to take some shots on the beach since we likely wouldn't be able to on our wedding day - just one example of how he goes above and beyond for his clients! He did such a great job of capturing our special day and he's particularly good at catching the candid moments. He also turned around all of our photos in less than a week! I'd highly recommend hiring Doug as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Brie · Married on 01/14/2017

Doug, was by far the best choice we could have ever made in choosing him to photograph our wedding. From the initial skype consultation, we fell in love with him when he told us he use to be an umpire for minor league baseball. Who wouldn't love that when we lived two minutes from Fenway Park and are huge Sox fans. Upon meeting Doug we knew right away that we would hit it off. We met Doug on a freezing cold Monday afternoon to shoot our engagement pictures. He couldn't have been more flexible and just rolled with the punches and didn't let the weather deter him from getting the job done. He trucked all over the city with us for over two hours. To say the least, there was no doubt in my mind that he didn't capture the perfect shot for us to use as our save the date. I threw a curve ball at Doug right at the beginning of our shoot and asked him if he could try and do a double exposure picture for us with the sunset. Without hesitation he said sure I've never done it before but let's give it a shot. Well, let's just say we used that photo for our save the date. His turn around time on our photos were incredible, under two weeks. Who does that but the unbelievably talented Doug Levy. Now, onto our wedding day. Which we were not nervous about one bit after the development of engagement pictures. Doug made shooting our wedding seemed effortless. He truly captured every essence of wedding from start to finish and once again hit it out of the park with the final product of all of our wedding photos. Not to mention he had them all edited and ready for us to view before we even came back from our honeymoon. It couldn't have been a more perfect way to receive them. We cannot thank you enough Doug for everything you have done for us from the initial email to now. You are one of a kind and a true rockstar when it comes to photography!

Always-
    Mr. & Mrs. Matthew Sentas

Sent on 02/08/2017

Tiffani · Married on 10/16/2016

My husband and I knew from the moment we met Doug that he was the wedding photographer for us. It wasn't his love of baseball or his love for dogs, it was his amazing ability to capture such beautiful candid moments. Both my husband and I hate having our pictures taken. Doug captured such beautiful shots the night of our wedding effortlessly. We highly recommend his services.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Tim · Married on 10/15/2016

Doug was referred to us from another photographer and we could not have been happier with the service and quality we got. Doug has been extremely responsive from the beginning. He is easy to get in contact with via email, skype, phone, text, in person, whatever means there are. His pictures are also awesome. We actually had our online album back from him by the time we got back from our honeymoon! (granted we had a 2 week honeymoon). Since then he has been extremely helpful in answering any questions we had throughout the ordering process as well as throughout creation of an album. We also had a great experience shooting engagement photos too. Doug also did not add any stress at all to the wedding day, which was much appreciated. He met with us in advance, knew what we wanted, and he got it. I would definitely recommend him highly.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Jodi · Married on 10/09/2016

When we first met with Doug and scoured his work, we noticed two things in particular: his weddings look super fun and he captures people alive in true emotions. Doug totally lived up to this. From our fun engagement photos that are full of color and big landscapes to our all indoor wedding on a super rainy day - we are over the moon over the moments he captured. Doug has this perfect balance of someone you want to be around and totally forgetting he's even there. My husband and I look at our pictures and sometimes wish we were just guests at that super fun, vibrant, silly wedding. Doug is also super responsive to all questions. We're so glad to have Doug's amazing work hold the memories for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Erin · Married on 10/07/2016

Doug was awesome from the start. He offered to Skype with us so we could chat, get to know each other, and he could share some of his work with us. We booked him almost immediately after that Skype session. Our wedding was split into two days and Doug was able to cover both. He was both professional and fun to hang out with during all the events. And most importantly, the photos were beautiful. We're so happy with the quality. Doug's pricing system was awesome because it allowed us to stick to our budget while getting exactly what we wanted. He didn't push us or try to up sell things that we really didn't need, which I appreciated. I would hire him again for any number of events and certainly recommend him for your wedding photography needs!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Jen · Married on 10/01/2016

I spent a lot of time researching photographers for my wedding - I knew what I wanted and what I could afford, but those things don't always match up in wedding world. :) As soon as I found Doug's portfolio though, I knew I had found our perfect fit. His pictures came out incredible - creative shots that highlight their subjects, aren't over-edited, and tell a story. Not only that, but we had the pictures back in TWO WEEKS. Communication is lightning fast and he was more than accommodating with our requests, including tucking my poofy dress into his personal car to take us to the beach for some portraits before cocktail hour, haha. Thank you for everything Doug! We're extremely happy with your work!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Greg · Married on 09/17/2016

Doug is great to work with and a true professional. We felt comfortable with him from the start and the engagement shoot really helped us get used to being the focus of all the pictures.
    He was so helpful on the wedding day and had a plan for all of us throughout the day. On such an overwhelming day, it was awesome to have someone who knew exactly what he was doing and what we wanted.
    His work is exceptional and we are so grateful for all of his work at our wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2016

catey · Married on 09/04/2016

I'm so happy we booked Doug for our wedding. My sister-in-law used him for her wedding a few years ago, so we already felt that he was thoroughly vetted and it was no-brainer to book him. Doug took fantastic photos, and he turned them around incredibly quickly. He was easy to communicate and coordinate with, worked well with our other vendors, and we're just so thrilled with the finished product.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Maria · Married on 09/03/2016

I can't say enough good things about Doug. I was recommended a handful of photographers but canceled my meetings with them after meeting Doug (technically, after FaceTiming with Doug because I couldn't find a good time for an in-person meeting - just one way in which he was so accommodating and flexible). He does phenomenal work and has a great personality, which is so important when you'll be spending your whole wedding day with your photographer. He's both laid back and very Type A about his work. Also, he is SO responsive...I don't think it ever took him more than 10 minutes to respond to an email. Both our engagement and wedding photos could not have come out better. The candids he captured are priceless, and his second shooter, Karen, was just as talented and fun to be around.

Sent on 09/25/2016