douglaslevy photography Reviews

121 Reviews for douglaslevy photography

121 douglaslevy photography Reviews
  • Katie

Katie Madden · Married on 09/22/2018

Professional, easy going & talented!

My husband and I booked Doug, following a recommendation by mutual friends, that hired him as their wedding photographer. From my very first inquiry, Doug was always quick to respond, personable, and professional.

We first met Doug in person for our engagement photos, when it POURED rain the entire day. Working with Doug that day, you would never know the difference between a sunny day and our torrential downpour engagement session - he was easy going, excited about our shoot, and maintained high energy the entire afternoon. My husband and I were a bit nervous that our photos would appear awkward, since neither of us had any experience taking professional photos, but Doug's calming energy and friendly personality put us right at ease, and we loved our engagement photos!

Doug stayed in contact throughout our engagement, and when the time came to do the final pre-wedding meeting, he was well prepared and thorough in his plans.

Working with Doug on our wedding day was a pleasure! Thanks to Doug's pre-wedding drive by and prep, we avoided a group photo location that was being used for another wedding (we had no idea!) We would have lost almost 30 minutes at our reception, if he hadn't checked out the location.

Doug and his assistant for the day, Matt, were a blast to work with, and made everyone feel comfortable. Our wedding photos came out absolutely beautiful, and we are grateful to have these memories captured by such talented photographers.

I cannot speak highly enough of Doug. He is professional, friendly, and highly talented. We were lucky to have him as a part of our big day!

Dianne · Married on 08/12/2018

Doug's work speaks for itself! What it doesn't say is how he makes it as easy as possible! From the first meeting to the event itself, Doug truly helps make your day as easy as possible! Oh, and you will have beautiful pictures to commemorate your special day!

Kathryn · Married on 06/15/2018

We could not be more thankful to Doug for capturing our wedding day perfectly. The quantity and quality of pictures was outstanding and he captured all the important moments so well, from getting ready, to the ceremony, the cocktail hour and the dancing. Yes, the photos are awesome, but Doug is even better to work with. He is professional, creative, enthusiastic, and so much fun! I couldn't recommend more highly!

lauren · Married on 06/15/2018

Doug is the best. I first used him for my oldest daughter's wedding 6 years ago. He was the first vendor I signed up this time around. He returns his emails crazy fast. He is flexible and patient as plans unfold for the wedding. On the wedding day he was energetic, creative and professional. Its gets better...we had our slide show in 3 days and our pictures in 7 days. We loved our daughter's wedding and now with the pictures we will remember it for ever.

Lisa · Married on 10/29/2017

We couldn't have been happier working with Doug. First and foremost, his photography is top notch. We love the photos from both our engagement shoot and our wedding. Doug did a wonderful job capturing all the important moments of our day - from getting ready, to first look, family photos, dancing and cake cutting. He also was able to help us work around threatening rain to find some great places to take photos both inside and outside our venue. Doug was extremely responsive and easy to work with through the whole process. He was always willing to make himself available to answer questions and his email response time was extremely fast. He also did a great job explaining what would work best for our day and did not try to up sell us. Finally, he worked with us to provide an album option outside of his usual offering on special request. Above and beyond!

Laura · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I hired Doug for our 09/09/17 wedding and I can't say enough good things about him! Right from the start, he was incredibly responsive. We set up an engagement shoot with him which was phenomenal. We had those photos back from him within a few days of the shoot! As it got closer to the wedding, we talked with him a couple of times about what we were looking for at the wedding...what family photos, what group photos, etc. He had never shot a wedding at our venue before so he went there early to scope things out so he already had an idea of where he wanted to do some of our photos. He's very professional and super organized.

We had a blast with him and his second shooter, Lisa. They were so both so much fun and made being in front of a camera so easy. All of our family and friends really enjoyed their company as well and I had several compliments about the two of them. Even better, we had all of our wedding photos back to us within 10 days of the wedding and we love every single one of the 650 photos we have! There is literally not a bad shot in there.

We are beyond impressed with Doug and absolutely recommend hiring him for your wedding!!!

Aleksa · Married on 08/11/2017

My best friend got married 3 years ago and had Doug as her photographer, I absolutely loved the quality of his work and everything he did with the pictures, so we decided to have him as ours. We knew without a doubt that we would be extremely happy with our wedding pictures...and we are! We got married on August 11, 2017 and had our pictures back to us 3 weeks later! Not only did we have our pictures, but Doug also made a short video with music that we watch every day and have been sharing with everyone! We left for our honeymoon and when we got home we already had a flash drive waiting for us filled with all of our pictures. Doug works hard and sticks to his word and it was so nice working with someone who is serious about their job and just wants to make their clients more than happy. Doug came to the brides home and Steve went to the grooms home and both made the atmosphere comfortable and fun! Throughout the day and night, Doug and Steve captured so many candids and a variety of great shots of all of our guests. It is so great to be able to share a variety of pictures to friends and family because it is not just of the bride and groom. We loved seeing all of the head shots of the smiling faces and people laughing. Doug was so easy to work with and replied to us as soon as we sent an e-mail to him. In advance, we made a list of pictures that we wanted done and he made sure that we got the pictures we wanted and that we were satisfied. He checked in with us throughout the night and there were no surprises. If we could, we would give Doug and his team more than 5 stars. We would recommend him to anyone for any occasion! For future events, if we ever need a photographer we know who to call!

Erica · Married on 07/29/2017

Doug Levy far exceeded our expectations when it came to our wedding photographs. He had a unique way of catching those candid little moments during our wedding. We also loved how he incorporated the environment into our images. We were so afraid a cloudy day would ruin our photos. However, Doug made the clouds pop into lively colors during a sunset. Doug is also highly professional and always responded to our emails right away. We highly recommend that you give Doug a call!

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

Doug came highly recommended by family friends, and I'm so glad that we too used Doug as our wedding photographer. Doug is professional, a pleasure to work with, and creative. He made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. We are so happy with our photos.

Corinne · Married on 05/13/2017

I cannot sing Doug Levy's praises enough, nor do I feel my review can even remotely do him the justice he deserves; he IS hands down one of the most talented wedding photographers in the Boston-surrounding area. Not only does he have an eye for the most intimate candids, he is also super down to earth and a pleasure to work with. As a woman who is painfully awkward in front of a camera (I could not tell you why) and critical of myself in photographs (can we all stop doing this to ourselves?) Doug puts you and your partner at ease though the entire process. He also exudes the energy of a friend that you may feel you've actually known for years.
    Doug listens and cares about his clients in a way that is genuine. He goes out of his way to build a rapport with clients to build and invest in telling a story- with you and for you.

Now, the pictures that he produces are simply incredible. I attached one here featured on his Instagram page and the work speaks just for itself. His pictures are authentic and real yet still completely detailed and intimate works of art. Our couples photography are all both equally as stunning; some are even beautifully humorous- he captures every fascet of your day in a way that is uniquely you.

I cannot recommend Doug enough to anybody looking for couples and/or wedding photography. Doug is seamless prompt easy effortless and most importantly, he takes a downright amazing and beautiful photograph.

Thanks again Doug!

Shay · Married on 05/06/2017

I can't say enough about how great working with Doug was. He's responsive, professional, good at making you feel comfortable, and produces such high quality work. The forecast on our wedding day was not looking great and he happened to be in the area the day before, so he offered to meet us to take some shots on the beach since we likely wouldn't be able to on our wedding day - just one example of how he goes above and beyond for his clients! He did such a great job of capturing our special day and he's particularly good at catching the candid moments. He also turned around all of our photos in less than a week! I'd highly recommend hiring Doug as your wedding photographer!

Brie · Married on 01/14/2017

Doug, was by far the best choice we could have ever made in choosing him to photograph our wedding. From the initial skype consultation, we fell in love with him when he told us he use to be an umpire for minor league baseball. Who wouldn't love that when we lived two minutes from Fenway Park and are huge Sox fans. Upon meeting Doug we knew right away that we would hit it off. We met Doug on a freezing cold Monday afternoon to shoot our engagement pictures. He couldn't have been more flexible and just rolled with the punches and didn't let the weather deter him from getting the job done. He trucked all over the city with us for over two hours. To say the least, there was no doubt in my mind that he didn't capture the perfect shot for us to use as our save the date. I threw a curve ball at Doug right at the beginning of our shoot and asked him if he could try and do a double exposure picture for us with the sunset. Without hesitation he said sure I've never done it before but let's give it a shot. Well, let's just say we used that photo for our save the date. His turn around time on our photos were incredible, under two weeks. Who does that but the unbelievably talented Doug Levy. Now, onto our wedding day. Which we were not nervous about one bit after the development of engagement pictures. Doug made shooting our wedding seemed effortless. He truly captured every essence of wedding from start to finish and once again hit it out of the park with the final product of all of our wedding photos. Not to mention he had them all edited and ready for us to view before we even came back from our honeymoon. It couldn't have been a more perfect way to receive them. We cannot thank you enough Doug for everything you have done for us from the initial email to now. You are one of a kind and a true rockstar when it comes to photography!

Always-
    Mr. & Mrs. Matthew Sentas

Tiffani · Married on 10/16/2016

My husband and I knew from the moment we met Doug that he was the wedding photographer for us. It wasn't his love of baseball or his love for dogs, it was his amazing ability to capture such beautiful candid moments. Both my husband and I hate having our pictures taken. Doug captured such beautiful shots the night of our wedding effortlessly. We highly recommend his services.

Tim · Married on 10/15/2016

Doug was referred to us from another photographer and we could not have been happier with the service and quality we got. Doug has been extremely responsive from the beginning. He is easy to get in contact with via email, skype, phone, text, in person, whatever means there are. His pictures are also awesome. We actually had our online album back from him by the time we got back from our honeymoon! (granted we had a 2 week honeymoon). Since then he has been extremely helpful in answering any questions we had throughout the ordering process as well as throughout creation of an album. We also had a great experience shooting engagement photos too. Doug also did not add any stress at all to the wedding day, which was much appreciated. He met with us in advance, knew what we wanted, and he got it. I would definitely recommend him highly.

Jodi · Married on 10/09/2016

When we first met with Doug and scoured his work, we noticed two things in particular: his weddings look super fun and he captures people alive in true emotions. Doug totally lived up to this. From our fun engagement photos that are full of color and big landscapes to our all indoor wedding on a super rainy day - we are over the moon over the moments he captured. Doug has this perfect balance of someone you want to be around and totally forgetting he's even there. My husband and I look at our pictures and sometimes wish we were just guests at that super fun, vibrant, silly wedding. Doug is also super responsive to all questions. We're so glad to have Doug's amazing work hold the memories for the rest of our lives!

Erin · Married on 10/07/2016

Doug was awesome from the start. He offered to Skype with us so we could chat, get to know each other, and he could share some of his work with us. We booked him almost immediately after that Skype session. Our wedding was split into two days and Doug was able to cover both. He was both professional and fun to hang out with during all the events. And most importantly, the photos were beautiful. We're so happy with the quality. Doug's pricing system was awesome because it allowed us to stick to our budget while getting exactly what we wanted. He didn't push us or try to up sell things that we really didn't need, which I appreciated. I would hire him again for any number of events and certainly recommend him for your wedding photography needs!

Jen · Married on 10/01/2016

I spent a lot of time researching photographers for my wedding - I knew what I wanted and what I could afford, but those things don't always match up in wedding world. :) As soon as I found Doug's portfolio though, I knew I had found our perfect fit. His pictures came out incredible - creative shots that highlight their subjects, aren't over-edited, and tell a story. Not only that, but we had the pictures back in TWO WEEKS. Communication is lightning fast and he was more than accommodating with our requests, including tucking my poofy dress into his personal car to take us to the beach for some portraits before cocktail hour, haha. Thank you for everything Doug! We're extremely happy with your work!

Greg · Married on 09/17/2016

Doug is great to work with and a true professional. We felt comfortable with him from the start and the engagement shoot really helped us get used to being the focus of all the pictures.
    He was so helpful on the wedding day and had a plan for all of us throughout the day. On such an overwhelming day, it was awesome to have someone who knew exactly what he was doing and what we wanted.
    His work is exceptional and we are so grateful for all of his work at our wedding.

catey · Married on 09/04/2016

I'm so happy we booked Doug for our wedding. My sister-in-law used him for her wedding a few years ago, so we already felt that he was thoroughly vetted and it was no-brainer to book him. Doug took fantastic photos, and he turned them around incredibly quickly. He was easy to communicate and coordinate with, worked well with our other vendors, and we're just so thrilled with the finished product.

Maria · Married on 09/03/2016

I can't say enough good things about Doug. I was recommended a handful of photographers but canceled my meetings with them after meeting Doug (technically, after FaceTiming with Doug because I couldn't find a good time for an in-person meeting - just one way in which he was so accommodating and flexible). He does phenomenal work and has a great personality, which is so important when you'll be spending your whole wedding day with your photographer. He's both laid back and very Type A about his work. Also, he is SO responsive...I don't think it ever took him more than 10 minutes to respond to an email. Both our engagement and wedding photos could not have come out better. The candids he captured are priceless, and his second shooter, Karen, was just as talented and fun to be around.

Nikki · Married on 08/27/2016

We had a great experience with Doug and his team! From engagement pictures to our wedding, his service was super professional and whenever we had questions, they were always answered. The pictures for our wedding were just beautiful and Doug and his team captured exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend him.

Rebecca · Married on 08/12/2016

I am so happy my husband and I chose to hire Doug to photograph our wedding! An easy-going perfectionist is how I'd describe him. Very serious about his work and creating beautiful images, but very personable and enjoyable to be around! Our whole family remarked that the photographer was great. In fact, Doug was responsive and pleasant to interact with through the whole experience, from inquiry email to discussing what types of images I wanted, to delivery of images. Oh, and on top of it all, we are thrilled with the images Doug captured to remember our special day!

I really appreciated Doug's flexibility when the weather changed from thunderstorms to sunny during the hour before our outdoor ceremony. He provided expert input on shooting possibilities that allowed me to make the decision to move the ceremony back outside right at the last minute. It was the right call, and it was thanks to Doug.

The only part of the review I'm not sure I can give much input on is value. Honestly, I didn't shop around very much. Doug was on the recommended vendors list at our venue, so I went to his website first. I loved what I saw of his work and contacted him without doing very much "shopping around." I decided I would rather pay a little more and have amazing photos from a photographer whose work I trust than risk being less satisfied with someone who cost a little less. These are forever memories!

Laura · Married on 08/06/2016

I am so blown away by the incredible photos that Doug Levy took of our intimate wedding ceremony in Newport, RI. My husband and I planned a small wedding ceremony with our immediate family. We received the recommendation from everyone that the most important decision in planning our wedding would be selecting our photographer. I had received several recommendations from friends, but we ultimately went with Doug because we were impressed with his online portfolio. My husband, who has a side passion for photography, found Doug's work online on 500px. We loved his focus on artistic shots and capturing emotion.

The pre-wedding coordination with Doug was easy and organized. The week before our wedding, the weather forecast included thundershowers for our wedding day. Needless to say, I was stressing out about this a little bit, but Doug put us at ease. Thankfully, the storms held out on our wedding day and we ended up with some interesting skies for photography. From the moment, Doug and his wife, Jess, arrived at my parent's house on our wedding day, I completely felt at ease. They were both personable and laid back. I really enjoyed chatting with them and getting to know them better throughout the day. Our ceremony was very intimate, with just 15 people, so Doug and Jess were a big part of our special day as well. I felt completely comfortable with them, like they were old friends.

Doug did an incredible job processing our photos extremely quickly. We were so happy with the results. Doug captured our wedding day perfectly - smiles, laughter, love. I grew up in Rhode Island and am so pleased with how Doug captured the beauty of my hometown in our wedding photos. We will treasure the memories of our wedding day and the beautiful photos that captured the emotion and scenery of the day. We would highly recommend Doug for your wedding photography.

Doug did an incredible job capturing our wedding day. From every little detail, to the big moments of the day, Doug photographed everything so beautifully. He was always a phone call or email away up to the wedding day and quickly responded to any questions I had. We just finished picking out our wedding photos for our wedding album with Doug and that too was an easy process due to his quick replies and professionalism. Doug has such a talent capturing those small candid moments and I highly recommend him for any important event in ones life.

Caitlin · Married on 07/23/2016

Hiring Doug for our July wedding was the best decision we made! He is insanely talented and professional. He is easy to work with, laid back, and creates a relaxed environment while he is shooting. It was so much fun to have him as a part of our day, especially after getting to know him during our engagement shoot.

Doug made the entire process stress-free. He answered every question and email quickly and thoroughly and took the time to make sure he knew what we were looking for. I was amazed at the turnaround time for wedding photos as well. Within a week, we were able to relive the entire day by looking at the proofs (we were scrambling to find a wi-fi signal on our honeymoon because we were so excited to look through them!) Doug really captured the "story" that was our wedding day. The traditional family photos are beautiful and will be cherished, and the candids that he captured of our guests celebrating are just awesome!

If having incredible photos is important to you, hire Doug! If you're looking for a fun, professional photographer, hire Doug!