Doreen Leaf Designs Reviews

67 Reviews for Doreen Leaf Designs

• Meagan

Meagan · Married on 12/28/2018

Worth the drive!

I originally booked an appointment with Doreen Leaf Designs to try on a specific dress, and I was so lucky I found them! Their customer service is incredible. I have a low tolerance for pushy salespeople, and Alyssa never made me feel pressured or uncomfortable. She listened to what I wanted over the phone and at my appointment, and never pushed me to up my budget or out of my comfort zone. In the span of a 2 hour appointment, she quickly figured out my style and wasn't afraid to tell me if she thought something didn't capture my personality. She helped me find my dream dress and gave me great advice along the way.

The alterations team is also just fantastic. I feel like people expect older retired women to work in alterations, but Nikki and Brittany have studied and trained to be the best seamstresses they can be, and they truly care about making every bride feel beautiful. They listened to my concerns and anxieties, didn't push me to have expensive alterations if I didn't need them, and let me have an extra fitting just to check my jewelry! On the day of I felt like the most beautiful version of myself, and it's all thanks to the time and effort they spent in alterations.

Thank you to everyone at Doreen Leaf Designs for helping me feel like a queen on my wedding day!

Taylor · Married on 04/28/2018

They have the best gowns!! I found the perfect wedding dress there! I was so happy with the experience!

angela · Married on 10/28/2017

We walked into Doreen Leaf not having a clue where to start or what I wanted, but the woman assisting us found the dress fairly quickly - and one that stunned not only myself, but my mother and grandmother too.

I lived out of town so I had to keep visiting to get fitted. Doreen Leaf worked around my schedule and while I was extremely nervous about the day of (insecurities about myself), the dress fit like a glove on my special day. The staff here was so helpful in helping me pick out shoes and explaining how to pin/unpin the veil...how to bustle the dress...how to take it home and hang it.

I would highly recommend Doreen Leaf for anyone looking for that special gown.

Courtney · Married on 08/12/2017

I looked at many stores and fell in love with my dress and the employees at Doreen Leaf. The first day I tried on dresses I tried on so many that my mind was numb. The very last dress I tried on I immediately put back. I returned to Doreen Leaf a few months later with my mom and Kat was willing to find that same dress (although I never put it on a list). I fell in love with this dress and wore it for my wedding. My alterations were done through Doreen Leaf as they guaranteed my dress and shipped it across the country for me. The alterations were spot on and she was so patient with all of the little tweaks I wanted done to my dress. My dress fit perfectly and I couldn't have been happier with the service I received. It also arrived with time to spare. Thank you Kat and the staff at Doreen Leaf! I highly recommend this store and staff!

Samantha · Married on 06/17/2017

I would highly recommend Doreen Leaf to anyone who wants to have a Say Yes to the Dress moment. Before going to Doreen Leaf I had gone to numerous bridal stores and was treated like I was wasting their time. Kat, the sales consultant, provided me with my very own Say Yes to the Dress experience. She made me feel so important and not like I was wasting her time. She was very helpful and honest when asked her opinion. I ended up finding my dream dress.

The girls at Doreen Leaf are great to work with! My family has gotten all of our formal wear there (wedding dresses, bridesmaids, prom, etc.) Alterations are little expensive, but they do a nice job.

• Allison

Allison · Married on 09/12/2015

I walked in on a day when they were having a sale. The customer service reps were wonderful - very attentive to their own customers but giving advice to others nearby as needed. The first dress I tried on turned out to be the one for me, and it was a great deal. They helped accessorize it to look perfect. Thank you so much!

Molly · Married on 06/06/2015

My dress was stunning and reasonably priced. The sales associates were professional and helpful with a thorough knowledge of the inventory of the store. I also chose to have my dress altered at Doreen Leaf and would highly recommend using their services. Linda who did the dress alterations was excellent. Timing was as promised for delivery of the dress and veil. My dress was perfect for my big day.

Darcie · Married on 06/05/2015

I've had an excellent experience with Doreen Leaf Designs. Hillary helped me to find my dream dress and was so patient with me as I tried on several dresses. She also helped all my bridesmaids (8 girls) to find their dresses which were all different styles but the same color.
    They were great in helping me to determine the correct size to order for my dress too. I've spoken with two seamstress professionals on two separate visits who have stopped what they were doing to come help me. I have never had a problem making an appointment that is convenient to my busy schedule as well.

• RH

Becky · Married on 11/23/2014

Thank you Doreen Leaf Designs for allowing me to come in and look at bridal gowns on such a short notice! So glad that I was finally able to say "yes" to a dress! The helpfulness and patience of the staff was greatly appreciated. Thank you Doreen Leaf Designs!

Britni · Married on 05/17/2014

I had an excellent shopping experience with my family. We ended trying on what felt like a million dresses before finding "The One", but everyone there was extremely helpful and so patient. We ended purchasing jewelry from here as well to go with my dress for my rehearsal. Thank you Doreen Leaf for helping me say Yes to the Dress!!

I bought my gorgeous wedding dress at Doreen Leaf Designs during their July Sidewalk Sale! The women were so friendly and fun! I received so many compliments on my dress! I highly recommend Doreen Leaf!

Emily · Married on 10/12/2013

I had an excellent shopping experience here and purchased my wedding gown afterwards. They had a great selection at price levels that were comfortable for me and my family. Our attendant, Ashley, was incredibly friendly as well as knowledgeable. She was patient and dedicated all her time to me while I tried on several dresses. I also had alterations done at Doreen Leaf. Their alterations department staff were also very professional and were able to work with me to do alterations close to the wedding since I had been losing weight prior to our date.

Donna · Married on 09/21/2013

We got a gorgeous Maggie Sottero dress for a reasonable price. They worked with my daughter at her appointment and let her try on all the dresses she wanted and were very helpful and professional!

Jess · Married on 07/12/2013

I have a mixed review about Doreen Leaf designs but overall I think they were great! I went to 2 chain bridal shops before coming to Doreen Leaf and didn't get nearly the customer service that I got here - the consultant who helped me (Christine) was amazing! She let me take my time once I was in a gown and didn't try to rush me onto the next one - also, if I didn't like one right away, off it would come - there was no pressure to "just try it on, maybe you'll feel differently". It was a "one-on-one" experience that made me feel as though they really cared what I thought and wanted.
    At a different appointment I had a fitting which went very well - the seamstress was super friendly and adjusted everything that I needed...she even made the gown into a sweetheart neckline for me!
    I also tried on just about every piece of jewelry in the store (some twice!) before choosing the earrings and necklace I wanted to purchase. Again, with this, everyone was very patient and listened to what I was looking for and wanted to make me happy.
    The only reason I have any reservations about this shop is that 2 days before the wedding I noticed a stone had fallen out of one of my earrings. On the way to my out-of-town wedding, we stopped at the shop to try to exchange the earring for a replacement...they said that the peice was a one of a kind set and they didn't have any more. OK, I found another set of earrings that looked very similar and asked if we could exchange for those. They said the only way to do that would be to give back the earrings and necklace and take the whole new set (the necklace looked NOTHING like mine)...they said there was "no way" they could break up the necklace/earring set to just exchange the earrings which I think is a little ridiculous as they would lose the whole "set" if I had returned one with a broken earring!
    Anyway, I kept the original set with the missing stone and it still looked awesome in pictures :)

Elizabeth · Married on 06/08/2013

Very attentive to all our needs and provided options even when they were the less expensive options we wanted.

Christine · Married on 05/11/2013

Very happy with my gown. I went to the annual gown clearance sale. Select wedding gowns were $99, $199, and $299. My dress was $299 (originally $1600). I received a quote on altertations from Doreef Leaf but opted to take my dress elsewhere. I was extremely happy with the dress and service.

Heather · Married on 05/11/2013

my bridal consultant Megan was awsome, she helped me through eveything and was kind and patient and took her time with me. She was the one who pulled my dress that I chose to wear on my wedding day.

Lindsay · Married on 05/10/2013

Service was fantastic - tried on 8 dresses and the first one I tried on was THE dress! I couldn't have been happier! We only had four months and everything came in on time!

Awesome! We used them for the bridal gown, the bridesmaids, and the tuxedos. They were awesome, especially Katherine!

• User2059801 · 2+ years ago

It was such a pleasure to work with Doreen Leaf Designs! They helped make our entire bridal party look amazing! They were so friendly and helpful through the whole process of picking out my wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses and tuxedos!

Shari · Married on 06/16/2012

Got the bridal gown, bridesmaids dresses, and mother of the bride pantsuit from Doreen Leaf. My consultant, Catherine, was very patient and helpful. Great customer service. Also had the alterations done here and they came out perfect.

DENISE · Married on 04/27/2012

ADORABLE NICOLE CRISS WAS AMAZING TO DEAL WITH. THE PROCESS WAS SMOOTH FROM BEGINNING TO END AND THE PRICES WERE WITHIN REACH GREAT PLACE!

Kaci · Married on 10/15/2011

The staff at Doreen Leaf Designs were all wonderful to work with. Tracey, our sales lady, brought in about 25 gowns to try on at our first appointment and never became impatient even when I decided I wanted the first dress I tried on after also trying on all the others! She had a good sense of our style and helped us select the exact right dresses for my mother and for the Bridesmaids. The seamstress, Linda, made our dresses look perfect on all of us with her expertise in fitting and altering the Bridal Gown, the Mother of the Bride dress, and the Bridesmaids dresses. Kathy Becker, the owner, was also consistently helpful with taking care of alterations and fittings since all my bridesmaids were from out of town, and the staff worked with our schedules so all our needs were met. Everything arrived on time, in the right colors, and in the right sizes. The prices there are similar to or lower than other Bridal Salons we visited, and I believe they had a much better selection and a much more intimate, one-on-one staff experience than anywhere else. I love this Bridal Salon and their staff!