Discovery Bay Studios Wedding Photography & Video Reviews

Discovery Bay Studios Wedding Photography & Video 5
Discovery Bay Studios Wedding Photography & Video 6
Discovery Bay Studios Wedding Photography & Video 7

Amber · Married on 09/14/2018

Discovery Bay Studios was the best wedding decision we made!!!

I spent months of extensive searching, and comparing prices. I looked at hundreds of photographers, I went through their websites, Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Google reviews, Wedding Wire and The Knot. I looked at their photos, reviews, package inclusion, pricing, image quality, edit quality and the amount of photographers on their teams. I went through everything I could think of and it Discovery Bay Studios was the absolute best option!

I was able to find our wedding photographers and videographer all in one company. Kelly and Stacey are great, easy going people and so are their staff. My husband and I felt very comfortable with them upon meeting for the first time.

We had a team of 3 photographers, 1 videographer, several GoPro cameras and drone coverage for my wedding. The whole day was so wonderfully documented. They were able to capture amazing sunset photos of my husband and I and beautiful once in a lifetime moments that we'll treasure forever. They are very skilled and know exactly what they're doing. I couldn't be happier with their work.

I've received an overwhelming amount of compliments on our photos and our wedding video. This team produces some of the most beautiful work I've seen.
    I haven't found a review with an unhappy customer and I think that speaks volumes about the company

Discovery Bay Studios Wedding Photography & Video 8
    Discovery Bay Studios Wedding Photography & Video 14
    Discovery Bay Studios Wedding Photography & Video 15
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 08/18/2018

I enjoyed working with Stacey, Kelly and their assistants very much! Great energy and amazing people. Their work is phenomenal and had a quick turn around for teaser photos and video. I plan to use them in the future for additional photography needs! I would recommend then 10 out of 10 times!!

Chantal · Married on 03/17/2018

Best wedding decision by far!!

Victoria · Married on 07/01/2017

They are awesome, their skills and their personalities!!! You will be so happy with them! They will be doing all our family photography and maternity pictures! Anytime we need any type of photography Stacey and kelly will be the ones we call! They are SO fun!

Matt · Married on 05/27/2017

Talk about being blown away. From the start, the wife and I were in love with Discovery Bay. Stacey and Kelly are the top in their field and it shows in their work. From planning, to prep, to game day, to post production, it was all seamless and amazing. Super helpful and knowledgable, always willing to answer questions or take specific requests, no matter what happened they were a positive force in what can sometimes be a hectic and stressful day. There isn't a stiff dynamic here you sometimes get with other photographers. They are like good friends that show up and just happen to take the most amazing pictures. You can't go wrong, book them now!

Michelle · Married on 04/08/2017

They are so amazing both with the camera and with people. Photos are so dreamy. My daughters wedding was beautiful and they captured each moment so it can be relived??

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2016

Stacey and Kelly are absolutely the best, if I could give them more than five stars, I would. They photographed our best friends wedding and after I saw their work I knew from that moment I HAD to have them for my big day. Most brides choose their date based on venue availability, I chose mine based on my photographers calendar. From the very first meeting they made us feel like family.

They were there through the whole process, I consulted Kelly after my hair/make-up trial to take any suggestions she may have and Stacey helped me make a wedding timeline….LIFESAVER! Not only did he make the time line they kept us on track the whole day, making sure I didn’t have to worry about a thing. Not only do they do an amazing job at capturing all the special moments on camera, they also offer videography. Trust me when I say, the highlight film (which we had less than a week after the big day) will have you in tears every time you watch it, it is a perfect snap shot of all of the beautiful moments throughout the day. Not only do you get to work with the best husband and wife duo, but they bring their awesome assistants with them ensuring that no one misses a single moment.

I could go on and on about how amazing they are, but their work truly speaks for itself. Take a moment to look through their galleries and you will be sold.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Discovery Bay Studios Wedding Photography & Video's reply:

Love you Nicole. Thank you for the awesome review. You guys are the best!

Heather · Married on 07/01/2016

I found Brownstone Gardens because of Kelky & Stacey's photos & instantly knew I wanted to get married with them as our photographers. Amazing team & I felt like I had known them for years. They are very comfortable to work with, very talented, organized, & professional. I thought my favorite part of my wedding was going to be our first dance but it was actually taking pictures with my husband. We had so much fun. Kelly has such a creative talent. I had a big story book our guests were supposed to take pictures by. None of them did. Kelly took it off the fence and we used it in our video & it came out so good & it wasn't a waste. She ran and got me a drink before I went down the aisle & as she fixed my dress before I walked down the aisle she took a pic & said go get married baby girl. My dad passed away but it was something he would of said to me. They did above what was in their job description. Stacey did amazing aerial views of us. I am so thankful for the pictures & video we will be able to look back on for the rest of our lives & our photo is now in the showroom at our wedding venue.

Discovery Bay photographers were so much fun to work with. They make you feel so at ease because they know exactly what they are doing. It was the best money spent on the wedding besides the venue. The pictures turned out magical and we love the video so much, too!

crystal · Married on 09/20/2015

To be honest, I don't think Discovery Bay Studios needs reviews to be written, I feel that their work (easily found on their website) speaks volumes, but for those that like to be analytical when making decisions, this review is for you. When I was first touring venues, I saw Discovery Bay Studios canvases proudly displayed at nearly every place I toured including several local vendor shops and for good reason. If you haven't browsed their wedding galleries, do so. I had some people tell me they were on the pricey side or that other photographers could produce quality work too at a lower cost. Note: this may appear true at first glance but once you see everything that is included in Discovery Bay's package compared to what you pay extra for in other photographers packages, you'll see that the cost is the same if not less than other places. I scheduled a meeting with them before I even finalized my venue. Wedding photography was probably one of the most important decisions to me. This is where your memories will last forever. I think I had my mind made up before I even had met them. I just had to have them. That choice proved to be one of the best I made for our day. They helped make so many things less stressful and fun at the same time. They are experienced, professional, punctual, and personable. They are readily available to answer any questions or concerns you have. Price is definitely not a factor in regards to this company. The work they produce is outstanding and the best part is that I received all my picture and fantastic wedding video within FOUR DAYS!! I have friends that were married months ago and still have yet to receive any photos! Odds are they've been to your venue, they know all the secret beautiful locations within your venue to take great shots that other photographers may not know. This saves precious time on your day. I can go on and on about how great my experience was or how great this company is but the proof is on their page.

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2015

Could there be ANY higher ratings than 5 stars?! This husband and wife hero duo team are OFF THE CHARTS! From the beginning, they made us feel like we were family! We emailed them and they set up a date for us to meet each other and showed their preparedness right then and there; they brought samples of their work, a FAQ sheet, a break down of their prices and packages, AND their calendar of open dates! They provided us with the confidence we needed to sign our contract right then and there!

During our special day: They were on it! We sent them a timeline (which they helped us to make, thank God for that!) and never let one thing slip. They were our mini wedding planners that were helping to make sure our timeline stayed on point, provided us with suggestions to make our wedding day flawless, and kept everything moving so smoothly. The shots they chose to take were absolutely stunning; capturing every beautiful moment of the most important day of our lives!
    Not only do they capture your wedding through photography, they also give you the convenient option for them to be your videographer as well! They come fully prepared with drones, go pros, 4 photographers(if need be), and more!

Post wedding: We had access to ALL (yes, ALL!) photographs within the week after our wedding and had our edited (absolutely stunningly edited, might I add) video posted and ready for us to view in just under 3 weeks.

Not only are you getting the top notch quality of their amazing product, you're also getting two of the most amazing, down to earth people to capture the most important day of your life. Personality might not be something you think about when booking a photographer, but the personality behind the camera is what makes the shots look natural and capture the love and excitement throughout the day.

To sum it up, you're getting an absolute steal when you're booking them... Don't take my word for it, see for yourself...www.discoverybaystudios.com

Colleen · Married on 05/23/2015

Price is not a factor once you see your wedding photos. When you are budgeting for your special day with friends & family Discovery Bay Studios will capture your entire day! Stacey, Kelly & their team are professional photographers with experience like no other! They have suggestions & knowledge that really came through in the photos. Leal Vineyards, Hollister 5.23.2015 Lauren & Jacob Bailey....a must see! I am an extremely happy mother of the bride.

Michelle · Married on 11/29/2014

We are so glad we chose Discovery Bay Photography for our daughter and son in laws wedding! Stacy, Kelly, Brooke and the rest of the team were professional and gave their attention to every detail. Oh and the pictures? More than stunning! The video??? Beautiful, heartfelt and professional! They are well worth every penny spent and we are so glad we chose to add on the full video too...the lifetime of memories is priceless. They were a pleasure to work with...We give them 10 stars!!!

Kayla · Married on 10/17/2014

We love Stacey and kelly! They did an amazing job and worth every penny! Our pictures are gorgeous and couldn't be more happy with them.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/03/2014

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Stacey and Kelly. They photographed our wedding at Brownstone Gardens in Oakley Ca.. From start to finish, they were great. They gave us a quote right away and provided us with a package that worked for us. They were very prompt and responsive to our millions of questions Kelly was like my own personal wedding planner, she was amazing and fun, .They flew into Bend and immediately got to work, scoping out good places for shots. Taking photographs with them was a lot of fun because they knew exactly what they were doing, created a relaxed atmosphere, and were genuinely excited to take pictures. After the wedding, we were a little bit nervous to see our pictures because we had a memory in our heads of what our wedding felt like for us, and weren't sure if seeing pictures would change that. Of course, we worried for absolutely no reason, because their photos perfectly captured the sentiments that we remembered from our wedding. Their photographs are incredibly artistic and beautiful--every single photograph is beautifully composed. Stacey and Kelly are so incredibly skilled and their love of photography truly shows in their work. They provided us with such an awesome gift that will allow us to remember one of the happiest times in our lives for the rest of our lives.

Love,
    The Makinanos
    10/03/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2014

Amazing photography team!! We are so thankful for their photography and videography on our wedding day and engagement session. Their work is priceless and we will forever treasure our wedding album, photos, music video, and full length film. Stacey and Kelly are so fun to work with and so are their awesome interns! They are very professional, immediately responded to all of my questions, and were eager to make sure all of our needs were met and expectations were exceeded. This team goes above and beyond what I would have expected from other photographers. It is clear that they love what they do and are in the right business! They are EXPERTS at wedding photography and seriously a joy to have around! We love Discovery Bay Studios!

• F

Francisca · Married on 08/16/2014

I would give Kelly and Stacey at Discoverybay studios a 10+ If I could! They are beyond brilliant at what they do and I wouldn't recommend anyone else to capture one of the most important days of your life. Our photos were uploaded in lighting speed and we got to relive our day on our honeymoon THE VERY NEXT WEEK, which made it super special and easy to share with our friends and family. We are so happy with our photos, videos, and overall package we received from them, which was beyond adorable!!! They are so sweet, funny, high energy and really give it their all to capture the day. Talented folks and passionate at what they do. All my guest commented how wonderful our entourage of photographers we had, and they are all obsessed with our photos too! The gals they brought along with them were so sweet, & helpful you just know that they really make an effort to capture things that maybe you didn't even think of, but it was so awesome that they got it. I just LOVE DISCOVERY BAY STUDIOS, they truly are forever friends not just an amazingly talented husband and wife duo!!!

Jill · Married on 08/02/2014

Discovery Bay Studios were a cut above the rest from our very first encounter. They brought dozens of samples, all brimming with hundreds of beautiful images. I knew instantly that I wanted them to shoot my wedding day. Not just professional, detailed, and unbelievably talented, but these photographers were so much fun!! My wedding was captured in incredible detail from beginning to end. The package we selected included a short video, which ended up being a huge favorite of ours!! It evoked every emotion, we laughed and cried as we relived the memories of our wedding. Out of every expense in our wedding, choosing Discovery Bay Studios was our greatest INVESTMENT. The flowers die, the memories fade, but the images captured will last for generations. All in all, choosing Discovery Bay Studios was priceless to us. I wholeheartedly recommend you choose them for your wedding, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Heather · Married on 07/26/2014

I found Discovery Bay Studios about a year and a half ago at a bridal event. After looking at the photos and meeting Stacey and Kelly I simply fell in love with them! I knew I wanted them at our wedding, there wasn't any question. After I got home I went to their website and watched every video and looked through every photo. I do mean every! At that point I knew they were the ones I wanted and contacted them, I was so happy when they said yes!
    In my opinion the wedding photographer and videographer are the most important people you will hire at your wedding. After a year and a half of planning its these guys that are going to capture the moments that will last a lifetime! This amazing couple is truly amazing, they have so much energy and are so full of love, I feel blessed to have them as apart of our wedding day as well as new found friends. They really capture the moments you want to remember, they take into account the couple and their personalities when photographing a wedding. From our video to our pictures everything was just perfect! We had photos of real life faces not just posing, which were also beautiful! I will treasure these photos forever! When I watch the video I feel like I am back at my wedding, truly so much love!
    I cannot say enough wonderful things about Discovery Bay Studios! What a great couple and group to work with! I can't wait to have them photography me with our children and our family photos and so much more!

• Future Mrs. Kristin Heath

Kristin · Married on 07/25/2014

We feel so lucky and thankful to have had Discovery Bay Studios (Stacey, Kelly and Olivia) as our photographers for our wedding. Hands down best/great photographers and great people. Worth every penny. Stacey and Kelly are such a warm couple and work great as a team. We met with them a couple times before the wedding and they were always so helpful,welcoming and we always felt so comfortable around them. They are very funny as well which is always fun to have, especially during those stressful times on your big day. Very professional and we had complete confidence in them. What is so great is that they post pictures and videos of other weddings they have worked, so you know exactly what your going to get. Our pictures are simply AMAZING. The turn around time is unbelievable. Pictures were one the most important things to me at our wedding and was so excited to see the outcome. They were so fast and the pictures wee flawless. My husband and I felt like we looked like models in the pictures. I felt at complete ease working with them. They captured every special moment in pictures and film. They are so discreet, you don't even know they are so close to you taking pictures or filming. Your wedding day goes by in a flash and after the wedding was over I was upset because I wanted it to go on forever. It hadn't even been a week since the wedding and we were able to see our wedding pictures and videos. I felt like a guest at my own wedding. What a great feeling that was. They captured every little detail from our first dance down to the table decorations. We can't say enough great things about Stacey and Kelly. We can't stress enough how happy and thrilled we are to have had them as our photographers. We have gotten so many compliments from our wedding guests regarding our photos and just how professional and friendly Stacey, Kelly and Olivia were. We are so pleased with our pictures and love our video more and more everytime we watch it.

Kayla · Married on 07/12/2014

Best in the biz!!! If you are looking for a photographer that you can really connect with and have fun, Stacey and Kelly are the ones. They put in so much time and effort to make sure everything is just perfect! I highly recommend!

Breann · Married on 06/28/2014

If we could give Discovery Bay Studios Photography a million stars we would! Absolutely amazing is how we would describe our wedding photos and video. From the first meeting with Stacey and Kelly I knew that they would be a perfect fit for our wedding day. Their work is breathtaking! Your wedding day goes by incredibly fast, blink of the eye fast and some how through it all Stacey and Kelly were able to capture every single little detail and moment. There is not one thing that I can think was left out. Best wedding investment we could have ever made, these are memories that we will be able to look back on forever! So many of our friends and family have complimented that our photos and video are amazing, and also how hard working Stacey and Kelly were during our wedding. We are truly lucky to have had the chance to have them capture our special day! BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS EVER!!!!!!!!

Shaun and Breann Graves 6-28-14

Natalie · Married on 06/07/2014

I would recommend Discovery Bay to everyone, everywhere, over and over again! If we could give them more stars, we would!! Stacey and Kelly at Discovery Bay Studios Photography- we LOVE you! Possibly two of the most fun people we have met. They made the whole experience amazing for us and our guests, and captured everything we wanted. The video they made for us was so incredible, we cannot thank them enough, and the photos- omg! If you want to remember and keep every beautiful, hilarious, sweet, and incredible moment in your event, hire Discovery Bay!!! It will be the best decision you make hands down.

-Natalie & Chad D

Stephanie · Married on 05/24/2014

My husband and I LOVE our wedding photos from Discovery Bay. They are thoughtful, passionate about the details and will capture the emotions of your day beautifully. Whenever we show friends our wedding book, people comment on the quality of the photography. We recommend them wholeheartedly!

Samantha · Married on 05/19/2014

Absolutely AMAZING! Stacey, Kelly, and Emily did an incredible job at my wedding! I am so so so beyond happy with the photographs and wedding video they produced! Seriously! Stacey and Kelly captured every aspect of the wedding so beautifully. And I mean EVERY aspect. From the pre-ceremony gitters to the terrible sh** bomb I dropped during my vows. LOL They are so creative and very professional! To top it all off they are great people to be around!! We met a couple of times to talk about the wedding and they were just as excited as we were about the big day! We loved that! On the wedding day they were super flexible and made the most with the time we had available! Their talent, creativeness, professionalism, and the quality of their work is priceless (worth EVERY penny)!! I have not stopped looking at the pictures and have watched the video probably 50 times!! They will never get old! I LOVE IT ALL!!!! I would recommend them every chance I get! Thanks Discovery Bay Studios for the amazing work! You are truly the best photographers ever!