Dias Photography Reviews

35 Reviews for Dias Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

35 Dias Photography Reviews

Mary · Married on 09/02/2017

We hired Edson for our Sept. 2017 wedding. And from the first encounter until the wedding day, our experience with him was fantastic. Edson took gorgeous pictures, taking extra care to capture our joy and all the special moments and people at our wedding! We highly recommend him!

Elyse · Married on 05/06/2017

We worked with Edson Dias for our wedding at Old Sturbridge Village in May. We were looking for a photographer who not only had a gorgeous portfolio, but was detail oriented, transparent in their process/timeline, and enjoyable to get to know. Edson easily exceeded all expectations during our months of working together. Before even meeting in person, Edson wanted to know what our wedding photos would mean to us--he spent the time understanding what we valued and that shone through in our images after the wedding. At our initial meeting, he presented us with multiple examples of weddings he covered, the editing process and his techniques for capturing gorgeous images. He was patient in providing us information & teaching us it all works and was flexible and respectful of our decision making process. He was a joy to get to know--my family and guests still rave about how great he was--our photos were candid and captured all of the emotions & special moments of the day. Even the photos that are traditionally posed and awkward--Edson created an environment where we could be comfortable and ourselves. As prepared as I thought I was for the day, we ran late (of course) and had an opportunity to ride around the Village. Edson and his assistant didn't bat an eye--they were there with suggestions and lighting that made every single photo beautiful and they didn't miss a minute. I cannot speak highly enough of Edson and his team--I recommend his work to anyone who is looking for beautiful, timeless photos to enjoy over generations!

Jacqueline · Married on 08/06/2016

Edson Dias is a wonderful, talented photographer with an incredible "bedside manner" so to speak. He was accommodating and listened to what we wanted when discussing the types of photos that appealed to us for our wedding. When my husband and I began shopping for photographers, Edson made the process so convenient for us that he actually CAME TO OUR HOME to present his work. Aside from his outstanding customer service, fair pricing and willingness to customize the package that we wanted, his work is beautiful, creative and timeless. Edson has a calming, unassuming presence and made everyone feel at ease on our wedding day. Our package included a second shooter as well as an assistant who seemed to be invaluable. Having two photographers ensured we did not miss a thing and we were able to get some shots of the groom and groomsmen getting ready. Plus we had different angles of the ceremony. My husband and I, along with our family and friends, cannot stop raving about the amazing beautiful high quality photographs that resulted from Edson. The clarity, color, lighting, posed and candid shots are awesome. He delivered our edited photos electronically within two weeks of our wedding! That is unheard of. Edson Dias is an excellent wedding photographer for a million reasons and I cannot recommend him enough for your special day! Thank you Edson!

Erica · Married on 08/23/2014

Flawless. Having Edson with me on my wedding day was effortless, natural and produced photos that were beyond anything I could have imagined. Working up to the wedding, he was always responsive, patient and available. His level of professional experience takes away any bridal anxiety and he somehow managed to wrangle three kids and a huge wedding party with quiet ease - also getting actual smiles out of our flowergirls and ringbearer. You can tell that Edson looks at your day with an artistic eye and captures angles, poses and real moments that you would never think of - he had fantastic creative ideas that became jaw-dropping pictures. I couldn't have had a better experience. My husband and I were so impressed and Edson provided us with all of our photographs within 2 weeks of the wedding day! The value is there, the photographs are stunning and Edson is just a wonderful person.

Maryann · Married on 11/30/2013

Edson was absolutely fantastic! He made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. He is a gifted photographer and an artist. He captures all the special moments and adds a lot of unique photos that you wouldn't think of. I look at my photos and can relive all the love of my wedding day. All of our family and friends commented on how incredible the photos turned out. Edson is the best!!

Alicia · Married on 10/26/2013

Edson was great to work with. We are so happy we picked him as our photographer. We met with him soon after we got engaged and I knew when we met him we had to have him. He was professional, organized and made me feel at ease. I knew talking to him he was great. He also worked with us when it came to our budget. I told him what we wanted and where we wanted to be price wise. Not many photographers did that. During our wedding I forgot he was even there bc he wasn't in your face or getting in the way. Now our only problem is what pictures to pick for our album. We have so many great ones to choose from. Our guests who have seen some of our pictures absolutely love them and can't stop talking about how great Edson was.

We booked Dias Photography for our August wedding at Tyrone Farm in Pomfret, CT. Edson Dias was wonderful to work with and incredibly responsive and professional in helping us book a photographer for our wedding. Our photographer for the day (and our engagement photos) was Rachel Barker assisted by Topher Baldwin. They were incredible to work with and put everyone (including us) at ease on the big day. We got a preview of the photographs within 2 weeks and they were incredible! We highly recommend Dias Photography and our wonderful photographers!

Amy · Married on 07/13/2013

Edson did an AMAZING job photographing our wedding! The photos came out beautifully and his professionalism leading up to, during, and after the wedding was outstanding. We were thrilled to be able to hire such an engaging, friendly, artistic, and superior photographer.

• Laura

Laura · Married on 11/03/2012

Edson Dias was, by far, the best photographer we could have chosen to document our wedding. My husband found him almost two years ago after researching a photographer to take pictures of the proposal. He did such a great job and was so easy to work with that we immediately hired him to do our engagement photos and our wedding. He sat down and worked with us to come up with a package that best fit what we were looking for and we actually ended up doing two engagement sessions with him, one in the winter and one in the summer. He is truly a vendor that loves what he does and, because photographer is his passion, not just a job, he will do whatever it takes to get a good photo. Edson also continued to surprise us by coming up with different photo ideas that we never would have thought of! For our summer engagement session, he came with cards that said I Do, He Does and She Does and had us play the newlywed game. It was so fun and he ended up merging some photos to get us both laughing and holding the I Do cards. It was everyone's favorite photo! And, on the day of the wedding, he was so determined to make sure he got every photo we requested and more, AND he had the photos online for us to view only FIVE days after the wedding. This is absolutely unheard of! I talked to people who were still waiting a month or two after their wedding to even see a photo. Every single picture came out beautifully and all of our guests are still raving about what a great job he did! As long as Edson is in the area, he will always be our go-to photographer. You can't do any better!

Edson is a professional - courteous at all times, willing to listen to our suggestions, and beautifully photographed our wedding day. On our wedding day, Edson interacted with us in a very comfortable way and really helped make the day special for us.

amanda · Married on 09/21/2012

Thank you so much for being our photographer! The pictures are gorgeous and you were such a pleasure! We are very excited to see our wedding album and hope to work with you in the future!

Misty and Shannon · Married on 05/19/2012

Choosing Edson Dias as our wedding photographer was by far one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Not only did his portfolio impress us from the moment we saw his work, but after seeing the photographs from our ceremony, we were blown away with his talent to capture the moment. His photography has a softness to it, and the lighting, movement, and beauty of his candid shots truly express his extraordinary ability as a photographer. He was a joy and a pleasure to work with and to be around. He made us and our friends and family feel at ease and comfortable. I highly recommend Edson to anyone in need of an amazing, down to earth, professional photographer.

Misty and Shannon

Nicole · Married on 08/06/2011

Edson Dias is absolutely amazing!!!!! From the very first contact we had with him through the wedding and beyond. He is truly amazing at what he does. We were so pleased with both our engagement photos and more importantly our wedding photos. Edson will listen to exactly what you want - which is so important with your photos being the one thing you'll have forever. I have and will continue to tell EVERYONE I know who is getting married about him. Don't pass this one up!!!

Suellen · Married on 12/22/2010

No wonder Edson Dias was voted the best Photographer of Boston! His work is one of a kind! Impeccable!!! Awesome pictures, awesome work, awesome Photographer!!!

Ed · Married on 10/23/2010

Very professional, innovative, great ideas, easy going, honest.

Carrieann · Married on 10/08/2010

Edson was FABULOUS! I can't say enough about him and his work. We were on a strict budget but I wanted to spend more on the pictures as that was the most important thing to me. He worked with us to stay within our budget and still get what we wanted. He is far more reasonably priced compared to other photographers we researched. My husband wasn't sold on having a photographer at our wedding to begin with. He does not like having his picture taken so I had to REALLY talk him into this but he did it for me... or so we thought at the time. The end result was SO amazing that even my husband was grateful. Edson knew this in advance and worked like he wasn't even in the room. It was amazing. We were so thankful he captured so many important moments that we missed while being attentive to all our guests. I am so grateful to have been given the recommendation from a co-worker because his work is truly amazing. He is extremely artistic and wonderful to work with. I highly recommend him and I continuously am recommending him to anyone looking for a good photographer. After all, it's ultimately word of mouth that gets the customers in the door. Everyone compliments our pictures and how amazing they are. He even met us closer to where we live since he was based in Boston and we were unable to travel that far. Very accommodating! He has that eye that gets you the shots you never dreamed you would have and he puts a creative touch to them. Work of art to say the least. Better hurry up or you just might be picking a number... words getting out ;) Keep up the great work Edson and crew.

Jessica · Married on 09/25/2010

I would highly recommended Edson to all couples who want fabulous wedding pictures. He made everything so easy and not stressful!! I want to get married all over again every time I look at my photos. He has a way of capturing the best moments and turning the photo into art!

Laurel · Married on 08/21/2010

Dias Photography captured my daughter Nadine's Wedding with breathtaking shots. I will be forever grateful to them. The engagement photos were spectacular also!

Nadine · Married on 08/21/2010

Edson and his staff are amazing! He has the most amazing attention to detail and a very artistic eye. Our engagement and wedding photos are perfect and we will treasure them for years to come.
    Thank you for everything, Edson!
    Nadine & Bard

Liz · Married on 05/21/2010

Edson Dias is one of the most talented photographers in the wedding industry. We had the pleasure of having him at our May 2010 wedding. (We knew the minute we met with him that he was the photographer for us !!) Our wedding photos are absolutely stunning. Edson and his staff captured even the smallest details of our special day.

• Amy&DMB

Amy · Married on 10/17/2009

Absolutely the best photographer, ever!
    We were so incredibly pleased with the photos from Edsona and assistant. No complaints!
    Highly recommend a review of diasphoto.com

Ashley · Married on 06/18/2009

Edson is very creative, laid back and professional! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer. You will not be disappointed!

Elizabeth · Married on 12/06/2008

Edson was an amazing photographer. I would recommend him to anyone. Not only did he do our wedding but we also had him do our engagement session. He is a pleasure to work with and his pictures are beautiful. Everyone has just raved about them. He was very discrete at our wedding and we hardly noticed him. He is also willing to try different shots and angles, therefore his pictures are unique. He was also very timely with getting our pictures to us. I was able to view my pictures online 4 days after the wedding. I had everything from my package within a month, except for the wedding album which took longer because it was so hard for us to pick out only 40 pictures. Like I said Edson was great and was worth every penny.

Derrick · Married on 10/10/2008

Edson shot my wedding in Chicago at the Drake hotel. You'll know in two minutes of speaking with him that he's the guy. He was self sufficient, perfectly professional and had the magic ability to appear whenever something beautiful was going down. His rapport with my guests was that of a family friend and he easily outclassed every vendor we hired.

I couldn't be happier with his service, until I received the photos. "Wow.. that's us!" Blown away. The photos were better than any wedding photos we've ever seen. Way better. He caught my best man as he came out of a backspin and timed the shot so perfectly... That's a moment I have now. I can't tell you what that's worth and he caught so many of them. You don't want a photographer who's slow on the trigger. Once he misses, it's gone. I'm so grateful that Ed was able to spot those moments in time to capture them.

The posed pictures were great too! Edson had a lot of original ideas and turned our suggestions into magazine covers. Yes. He took our suggestions. I know! We're always receiving compliments on our wedding photos especially the "Michigan Avenue Dip" which is the coolest picture I have ever been a part of.

I highly recommend Dias Photography.
    He genuinely cares about getting it right for you and that matters.

Denise · Married on 07/26/2008

Edson was a pleasure to work with as well as extremely professional. His pictures were beyond fabulous and came out better than I had ever imagined! Every person that has looked at our pictures can not believe how amazing they are.