Derek Mosley Reviews

11 | Milwaukee, WI

11 Reviews for Derek Mosley

Jess · Married on 10/20/2018

Judge Derek Mosley is incredible!

Judge Derek Mosley, I don’t even know where to start with this guy.

One of the most compassionate, sincere, and genuine people you will ever come across. While our actual time spent with Derek was extremely short in time, the impact he left was deep and long-lasting; it did not take much to realize how great this guy was. We honestly thought finding our officiant was going to be one of the hardest choices, but after meeting Derek we had a very difficult time imagining anyone else guiding us through the most important moment of our lives.

For good measure we still met with some other candidates, thinking it couldn’t possibly have been this easy, but no one else compared. I won’t delve in to the amazing things this man has done both personally and professionally (you can find this pretty quickly with a Google search), I’ll just say he’s the best kind of human being, and the world would quite honestly be better with more people like Derek in it.

Derek doesn’t require much direction with running your ceremony, we just gave him the basic do’s and don’ts for our style of wedding, and and he was even able to adjust to a later request for shortening and holding our ceremony in a quite untraditional way with no problem. We didn’t know what to expect when it came to the day-of. All we knew was what we read from previous reviews and how much we liked the energy that he brought… we were blown away.

Derek balances humor and sincerity in such a beautiful way. The ceremony was short (his part maybe 15 minutes), but so dense and impactful. We even had a moment after I FINALLY muscled my way through my own vows, my ALMOST-wife moved in to kiss me and Judge Mosley threw himself between us “NOT YET, NOT YET!” Nearly knocking over the microphone and breaking the emotional tension at the absolutely perfect moment, causing the entire room to burst out in laughter (the three of us included), you could not have written a more perfect moment in my opinion. I think nearly every person at our wedding told us how much they were blown away by Derek.

I will hold this memory and Judge Mosley in such clear, vivid reverence for the rest of my life.

We can’t thank, or recommend Judge Derek Mosley enough.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Britteny · Married on 10/13/2018

Everyone complemented Derek's ceremony, we loved the ceremony. I will recommend him to any couple looking for an officiant. I felt like we were married in no time, it was a ceremony that I didn't want to end because he is so amazing at what he does. We love Derek!!

Sent on 10/11/2017

K · Married on 10/13/2017

When we found Judge Mosley online, all the reviews said "Our guests said he was the best part of our wedding!" and I was like wow, sounds like your wedding was boring..

No, they were all right. Derek was phenomenal. And all of our guests asked how we found him and convinced him to do our wedding.

The ceremony was short and sweet - some awesome, interactive touches and personal details, a little humor, and some sincerity. It was exactly what we wanted.

Another great thing was that a lot of our vendors had previously worked with (and raved about) Judge Mosley, so a lot of the details were handled without any coordination from us (the venue knew how to set up the side table for him, and that he doesn't need any sound, for example)

Sent on 12/29/2017

Kim · Married on 09/30/2017

We chose Derek to officiate our wedding based off of a recommendation from our venue as well as reading the reviews we found. He was absolutely great to work with. We are from out of state so we had to do a Skype meeting for our first meeting. Derek was attentive to details and extremely comfortable to talk with. On the day of the wedding we weren't entirely sure if ejayvto expect but he was amazing!! He made us feel very comfortable led us through everything. We got so many compliments about our ceremony and how unique it was. Many people couldn't stop talking about Derek and how great he was. I would highly recommend if you are looking for a non traditional ceremony.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Emily · Married on 10/15/2016

Judge Mosley...what do I even say about this man?

We only met with him once and talked a few times via email, but he seemed to know exactly what we wanted - a short, lively ceremony. We knew about one thing he had planned (the wine box ceremony) but left the rest in his hands, and I'm so glad we did. He made it interactive without making it awkward and incorporated some extremely cool details, including a ring warming and a hand binding. Our guests were in tears the entire time...one minute from a heartfelt sentiment, the next from laughter. I couldn't have written a more perfect ceremony for us if I tried.

We had literally dozens of people come up to us throughout the night to tell us how much they loved the ceremony and how unique it was. Although he's essentially a local celebrity with a million commitments, he made us feel like the most important people in the world. Before the ceremony, he checked in on me to make sure I was relaxed and ready to go, and during the ceremony, all my tension melted away. He's a truly kind and generous person. I would get married all over again if it meant we could have another Judge Mosley ceremony. He deserves way more than 5 stars.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Tara · Married on 06/04/2016

There are no words that can describe how special Judge Mosley made our wedding day. We had some incredible vendors, but there was the most talk about his incredible ceremony. While we had only met for a brief Skype meeting, I felt like he knew everything about us as a couple when he was speaking in front of our closest family and friends. He had an incredible presence in the room but never overpowered us. And his attention to the little details that made the ceremony so special are what I will remember for years to come. I cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Maggie · Married on 04/30/2016

Judge Mosley was definitely a fantastic option for our wedding. We wanted a simple, meaningful ceremony -- and we didn't want to be involved in planning/writing it! We met with Judge Mosley once prior to our event, and it ended up being some Q/A with him then a "coffee chat" about life in general. He is very laid back, and very personable. He ended up putting together a ceremony that included some of his "signature" details (a ring warming ceremony, hand binding, and a native tradition explaining why we wear our wedding rings on the 'ring finger'). It was a great option for us, as opposed to a "normal" (sometimes impersonal) court ceremony. Judge Mosley performs his officiating in many different locations, but for us, it was very convenient that he opened his court room to us on a Saturday. We were able to have a small, private ceremony with our immediate family present. If you are looking for a very charming, personable, laid back guy to facilitate your union, I highly recommend Judge Mosley. Email is the best form of communication with him, and he was easy to get a hold of.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Caitlin · Married on 08/14/2015

Our ceremony was unique, beautiful, amazing - full of laughs, happiness, and love! Judge Mosley is the best! We got married in the summer and people still talk about him! So incredibly grateful we found him to do our ceremony. I can't imagine it any other way! :)

Sent on 12/19/2015

Marie · Married on 05/30/2015

I have never been more honored to write a review than I am now for Judge Derek Mosley. From the beginning, he was warm and professional, always in close contact with us. He made sure he got to know us as a couple and what we were looking for in a non-religious ceremony. The day of the wedding, we were blown away by the ceremony. It was creative, interactive, and heartfelt. We had numerous comments from our guests including: "This was my favorite wedding ceremony, ever." Judge Mosley created the perfect ceremony for us, using a great blend of traditional and modern aspects. We laughed and we cried, but most of all we had a great time and felt so comfortable. We can't thank Judge Mosley enough.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Judge Derek Mosley was so awesome with his own little touches & he included our guests in everything he did during our ceremony! We received the biggest compliments from our family & friends on how he made it so much fun & very informative at the same time. Easy to talk to & so much fun!!

Sent on 05/03/2015

allison · Married on 08/16/2013

We received sooooo many compliments on our officiant, Judge Mosley. He's an incredible person to begin with, and his ceremony was very unique and perfect for us. If you want someone who will make your guests feel involved, he's your man.

Sent on 09/16/2013