127 Reviews for DeLair Entertainment

Sound/PA System (11)
Uplighting (7)
Liability Insurance (1)
127 DeLair Entertainment Reviews

Wayne and Alice Delair are quite possibly the most professional vendors I have ever come into contact with. Combine that with the raw talent of Wayne Delair and our wedding was an absolute dream. Organized. Pleasant. Amazing. The dance floor was packed and my guests were so happy! Thank you Wayne and Alice! Delair Entertainment gets an A++!!!!!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding reception was a non stop dancing party! Our guests from both the USA and Italy had an amazing time because of how well Wayne DJ'ed the music and his flow of the evening events! We are so grateful to Wayne and Alice for helping us celebrate our wonderful day with a spectacular reception and ceremony music!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wayne and Alice were very thorough in the planning process and made sure that they knew what we wanted for our reception. Wayne was very professional and friendly and did a good job maintaining the flow of the night. Everybody had a fantastic time and commented afterwards how much fun they had dancing!

Profile Picture Heather, 3/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

If you are looking for a DJ, you don't need to look any more because you just found him! Wayne & Alice work great as a team. Alice was very responsive & quick to any questions we may have had along the way. We truley wouldn't have wanted anyone else on our Wedding Day. From the start of the ceremony to the end of the night he really blew us away! His taste in music had people on the dance floor all night long! I am so glad we chose DeLair Entertainment and I would highly recommend him for your Wedding day!!
Thanks again
Mr. & Mrs. Testa

Profile Picture Kaytlin, 2/9/18, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wayne did an absolutely beautiful job at our wedding this past January! He and Alice were extremely responsive, easy to work with, which made the whole planning process all that much easier. We'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ!

Profile Picture Marley, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We couldn’t have been happier with the amazing job that Wayne did at our wedding. Having such a wide and varied interest in music we had no idea how to tie it all together and make sure our style and story came through. We feel that Wayne and Alice cared as much as we did to ensure that our wedding musically reflected who we are as a couple. The services provided by Alice on the “behind the scenes”aspect were always prompt, courteous and professional.
Wayne on a performance level was just what we wanted. He had a joyous demeanor and handled everything with a smile on his face. We would recommend DeLair Entertainment for any event. It’s a shame we live in Chicago and are unable to use their services more often.
Thank you again Wayne and Alice!
Tom and Lin Meziere

Profile Picture Linda, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ DeLair was really sweet. I think our group of wedding guests were a little hard to read and to get on the dance floor at times. He did his best at taking requests and keeping the energy up. There were moments where everyone was jumping and dancing and other moments not so much. All in all I think everyone had a great time and enjoyed the music.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 10/13/19, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC

I cannot sing my praises loudly enough! The whole process was an absolute dream! Alice was friendly and quick to respond and made me so comfortable through the months of wedding planning chaos. Wayne was an absolute superstar! He was thorough and organized leading up to the wedding, and then the day of could not have gone more perfectly. Wayne was able to read the crowd and mood and provide the perfect soundtrack. A thousand thank yous for a fantastic wedding day!!!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thank you to DeLair Entertainment for the enormous part you played in making Erin and Jacob's wedding spectacular! Alice is so friendly and responsive and Wayne's attention to detail guarantees success! He met with us twice to make sure he understood Erin and Jacob's music preferences and had covered everything- including the pronunciation of all our names. He was at the venue early to make sure that everything would run smoothly - and miked both our officiant and the groom for the ceremony - we could hear everything- not always easy when the wedding is on the beach!
And the reception- the music was perfect - the dance floor stayed full all night. We have received so many wonderful compliments about the wedding - lots to do with the music and dancing. Thank you Wayne - you know how to read a crowd - anyone who hesitates for even a second before hiring you is crazy!

Profile Picture Susan, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wayne is AMAZING! Music is very important to me and my husband, and we were particular about what we wanted for our wedding ceremony and reception. Wayne LISTENED to us. And then he gave us everything we wanted on our day - he didn't take over and do anything that we hadn't discussed or "what he thought was best." He certainly provided suggestions along the way, but he made sure the night was about us, not the DJ.

He's also very patient and kind - just what a bride needs during a stressful time. I knew from our first meeting that I could trust him to do the job well. We met for a final review the week before the wedding, and I had a particular song I wanted to play for the processional. I had it timed perfectly with the wedding party, I had rehearsed it several times, and I knew it would work. I kept hearing that it was too difficult, timing the processional never works. It felt like everyone doubted me ... but not Wayne. He looked me right in the eye and calmly assured me, "We'll make this work." And sure enough, it was brilliant! Exactly what I wanted.

My husband and I told him the type of music we wanted, but we also sent him a specific list of songs we wanted to hear - and throughout the evening, we noticed every one of the songs he played. And Wayne picked the PERFECT times to play them. He obviously has experience, and it showed. A couple of times, I wondered "how did he know this was the best time to hear this song?" ... it was truly perfect.

There's no cheese whatsoever with Wayne. He has a gentle demeanor and a professional style that was a perfect fit for our ceremony and reception. And his wife, Alice, keeps all the paperwork organized and arranges the meetings. She was a delight to work with, as well. Always professional and accommodating to any scheduling conflicts. I can't recommend DeLair Entertainment services enough. It's one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning. THANK YOU Wayne and Alice! :) Melissa & Brendan

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

“From the first time we met Wayne and Alice to making plans and details for our wedding, and through the night of our event-everything went smoothly and effortlessly without a hitch. They were professional, reliable and a calming force on what could have been a stressful day. They made our family and guests comfortable and helped make a day with fun filled memories. We would recommend them without reservation and would use them again. You can't go wrong with them.”

Profile Picture John, 4/22/17, 1 Review

Alice and Wayne,

Thank you very much for all your help in making our wedding ceremony and reception a huge success! We truly enjoyed having you a part of our special day! The flow was perfect and the song selections were accommodating to all our guests! We are very pleased we were able to work with you! Thank you again!

All our best,
Ashlee and Matt

Profile Picture Ashlee, 3/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hiring Wayne DeLair as our wedding DJ was one of the best decisions we made! Wayne is absolutely AMAZING and knows how to get the party started! He has the remarkable ability to read a diverse crowd and keep people on the dance floor all night long. Our guests raved about the music and how much fun they had at my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. Many guests told us it was one of the best weddings they have attended. We had a diverse crowd iincluding some guests who had traveled from Puerto Rico for the wedding. At the bride and groom's request, Wayne blended Latin music with Pop and Hip Hop music on his playlist, which everyone enjoyed equally as well. He even got our older guests out on the dance floor doing the Salsa! His sound system is state-of-the art and includes an amplification system, which we used for the outdoor ceremony.

In addition to our dance party, Wayne played music during our cocktail hour and dinner outside on the lawn. The music transitions from cocktail hour to dinner to dance party were seamless and built up energy throughout the evening. Wayne did an excellent job emceeing as well. During bridal party introductions and toasts, he pronounced names correctly without skipping a beat. He kept the bride and groom's timeline of events on track and gave our guests a heads up for the cake cutting ceremony and bridal bouquet toss.

Both Wayne and his wife, Alice, are consummate professionals from start to finish. Alice handles administrative details and was extremely helpful answering initial questions, emailing a detailed questionnaire to my son and daughter in-law who live out-of-state, and scheduling meetings with Wayne when they were in town. She is very responsive, well-organized, and thoughtful. She even sent a "Congratulations" card to my son and daughter-in-law after their wedding. I highly recommend DeLair Entertainment for your wedding. You'll be in good hands and won't need to worry about a thing!

Profile Picture Justin, 3/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wayne was wonderful to work with! When we first started planning our destination wedding, we were worried about finding vendors we could trust since we weren't in the area to meet in person until the week of the wedding. Neither one of us are really into music, so we didn't give Wayne a huge list of songs to go off of, but he was able to figure out EXACTLY what we wanted based on the limited examples we provided. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the music was!

Profile Picture Alexis, 1/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

From start to finish, Wayne did an amazing job fulfilling our vision on our wedding day. The music flowed and engaged all guests. Alice was exceptionally organized in the planning process leading up to our wedding."

Profile Picture User6645038, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best entertainment company ever! We loved that we had a thorough form to fill out for our music likes/dislikes. All the songs that were played at our wedding reception were on point and exactly what we wanted. Even wedding guests commented the next day at how awesome the music was and how much fun they had dancing. I would highly recommended DeLair Entertainment for any event! Thanks so much to the Delair's for all the great memories we will have.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/13/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Alice & Wayne are a GREAT team, they exceeded our expectations! My husband and I did not initially have all music planned out for our wedding, but with Wayne's help we found the perfect blend for our beach ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. This team is super knowledgeable, experienced, well prepared and fun-loving! We thoroughly enjoyed working with them. Wayne was eager to please, flexible and was always focused on us, the bride and groom. Planning a wedding is stressful, but you can rely on DeLair Entertainment to make this part easy!

Profile Picture User5393718, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Wayne is not only the sweetest and coolest guy you'll ever meet, he's amazing at what he does! We felt like he understood our personalities and our taste in music! Honestly, music was one of the most important aspects of our Big Day and boy did Wayne deliver! He exceeded our expectations on every aspect of the evening. He and Alice plan way in advance the setup of your venue. Our ceremony was on the beach, so the sound can be tricky. Not a problem at all for Wayne. Everyone could hear the music and our vows, and we had 90 guests at the ceremony!

Wayne and Alice are an awesome team and they do not disappoint! They are the best!!

Kim & Kyle

Profile Picture KIM, 11/5/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wayne and Alice are an amazing team! Working with Alice to start the process of the perfect wedding sound was very easy and stress free. She is a kind soul who was always available to answer any questions or calm any concerns I had, always kind, always professional, always helpful. Meeting with Wayne was also very stress free and easy. It's easy to see why this husband wife team works so well together, Wayne is equally as kind, patient and caring as Alice. He knew exactly the feel we were going for, and sure enough, wedding day was perfect! I have had the pleasure of working with Wayne as a local wedding planner, but having the honor of such talent at my own wedding was truly perfect. Thank you Wayne and Alice for providing such amazing service, tunes, and friendship, John and I are honored that you kept our guests dancing and the evening so fun!

Profile Picture kristin, 10/14/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wayne was so professional and courteous, discussed all the requirements and the types of music we required in advance. On the night he was excellent and read the audience to a tee and was able to flip and mix it up with the best of them. Plus being a classy announcer for the cocktail reception and introducing the various speeches etc. Flexible in set up as we had to move from outside to indoors but he handled it all with class. Kept the music flowing late in to the night. So good that we booked him for our Corporate event to entertain 260 customers and partners in September.
Kathy & Steve

Profile Picture User7091263, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Delair entertainment did a fantastic job at our wedding reception. Alice was great at communicating with us as we did all the planning from out of town. Wayne did an amazing job deejaying and made it very convenient for our guests to request song choices.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DeLair Entertainment was amazing. They came highly recommended by all our other vendors so the choice was easy. Alice was so prompt in her communication and so organized, keeping track of all details. Wayne was so extremely professional and courteous. He arrived early to set up for our ceremony and played the best music until the last minute of the reception. He also created a fantastic party experience with his lights setup. All our guests mentioned how great the DJ was the next day. Wayne was really flexible with our dynamic wedding plans and weather contingency options. I would highly recommend working with DeLair Entertainment. Their kindness and professionalism made them a pleasure to work with. These two really understand how to deliver top-notch, quality service.

Profile Picture Julia, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wayne and Alice were great. They understand the flow and energy that goes into a wedding and how to make it go as smoothly as possible. They are very organized and make it easy for you to tell them what you want and advice when you are unsure. We had an amazing time dancing the night away.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wayne did an amazing job at our wedding this past Saturday. We had a blast and received may great compliments on the music from our guests. It was a pleasure working with both Wayne and his wife Alice, they are true professionals. Thank you both so much!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We couldn't have picked a better DJ!! Wayne is so professional and truly listens and cares about the type of reception you are looking for. He made our wedding reception one to truly remember!! People couldn't stop talking about how great the music was and that wouldn't have been possible without Wayne's keen ability to make our music wishes come to life! He is truly remarkable at what he does!!

Profile Picture Alison, 4/10/16, 4 Reviews