Crystal Sound and Magic DJ Reviews

33 | Chocowinity, NC

33 Reviews for Crystal Sound and Magic DJ

KYLE · Married on 06/10/2018

I booked Crystal sound and Magic to DJ my Destination wedding nearly on a complete whim. from the very start Steve was very responsive to my phone calls and emails. He nailed the playlists for all events of the wedding (ceremony/cocktail hour/ dinner/ reception). the day of my wedding Steve and his wife Crystal went above and beyond to make sure we really enjoyed the best day of our lives. He set up his rig on the beach, where our ceremony was held. Then he moved his equipment up many many stairs to make sure we could have music and mics for speeches during our dinner. He continued to exceed my expectations by setting up a killer light show on the beach. His wife Crystal was also exceedingly helpful. when she wasnt helping the DJ set up, she was first to ask how she could be of any help. She Stepped in during dinner and helped bus all the tables, and even assisted with the breakdown of the dinner room. when the party got late and our hired bartender was relieved for the night, Crystal even stepped in as bartender while my Wife and entire wedding party continued to celebrate into the late evening. Never once did they ask what time they could pack up. they stayed all day and night without any extra fees. Everything went perfectly, they were fun to work with, and i would hire them again!! highly recommend Crystal Sound and Magic DJ services.

Debra · Married on 06/09/2018

We used Crystal Sound and Magic to do our photography, videography and DJ, at our beach wedding this summer. We decided to use Stephen and his wife based on the positive internet reviews and on a great phone conversation with him about his services. We were not disappointed. Our communication was great from the beginning. Whenever I had a question I called and Stephen was always helpful and had many good suggestions. He is a kind and funny person who is really just a pleasure to deal with. I felt that Stephen and Crystal went above and beyond what I expected. Our pictures and videos came out great and our guests loved the music. I will cherish my photos and videos forever! Stephen and Crystal worked really hard and they didn't miss a beat and really thought of everything. I highly recommend Stephen and his company! Thank you both from the bottom of our hearts for helping to make our day great!

Meagan · Married on 09/30/2017

From start to finish Steven had it all together and his questionare was right on time helping us organize things music wise. He did a great job with the ceremony and helped bring joy and laughter to us after a very tearful entry from my grandfather that left everyone reaching for tissues . Thank you for a job well done

Sent on 10/07/2017

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

I was honored and privileged to be a part of your day Meagan! It was a blast! Your grandmother was an absolute delight and even I got teary eyed!

Julie · Married on 05/28/2017

We booked Stephen's services based upon the positive reviews on wedding wire. He communicated with me a few times before the big day, thought of details we never would have given attention to ourselves, and was very flexible. Our wedding took place on the beach at Emerald Isle and he offered up a microphone for our officiant and us that kept out the high wind noise. Stephen set up ceremony music on the beach prior to guests arriving, moved the music to the reception at the Islander in a very efficient transition. The music selections kept a large number of guests on the dance floor. He even agreed to stay longer when we had guests that were still on the dance floor after the predetermined end time. Crystal a Sound and magic DJ helped make the evening jovial, offered great atmosphere to the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

I absolutely LOVED being a part of your day Julie! Thank you for including us!

Kelsey · Married on 04/08/2017

It was a ton of fun. He played all the music that I had requested not only for the ceremony but the reception as well. He was always checking in to make sure we were still running on schedule. We were very happy with the whole night and everyone was on the dance floor! Enjoyed it!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

Thank you Kelsey! I was actually so jealous that I couldn't get out on the dance floor too! I loved being a part of your wedding!

Chelsea · Married on 10/29/2016

Stephen was an amazing DJ!! He was able to do everything we requested for our wedding ceremony and rehearsal and so much more! We ended up changing some things VERY last minute and he was so accommodating and able to make the last minute changes without any issues at all. I would 100% recommend Crystal Sound to anyone for their wedding or event. Our guests had such a blast on the dance floor all thanks to them :)

Sent on 11/15/2016

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

Chelsea you were an amazing bride! So beautiful and fun! I roll with the changes cause all I want to do is make your day the best it can be! Thank you!

Curtis · Married on 10/15/2016

It was great knowing we had a DJ for the entire wedding reception. No matter how long we went into the night (or early morning) they were there providing the entertainment without us worrying about additional charges or fees. They were great to deal with and very accommodating!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

I wish it could have gone longer Curtis! Thank you for letting us be a part of your day!

Stewart · Married on 09/10/2016

Everything was just as promised. Nice equipment, friendly people, showed up on time, stayed as long as we wanted.

Emillee · Married on 08/27/2016

Stephen was wonderful. He was very fun, and talkative. Other D.J's will sometimes just sit behind their area and take requests, but not him! If I'm ever in need of another D.J. down this way I will definitely be booking them again! It was a pleasure to have you!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

Emillee if you ever need us for anything else don't hesitate to call! I had a blast and loved being a part of it all!

Leslie · Married on 07/16/2016

Stephen went above and beyond on my wedding day to make my fiancé and I happy. When a family friend started to make the situation stressful, he stepped in and asked what I wanted and smoothed things over. To top it off, he sent an iPad to me with all the images loaded on, and offered to take anniversary photos since our wedding session was cut short due to bugs. All in all, it was a very positive experience for us.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

Normally I never like to step on anyone's toes but I saw what needed to be done and I did it cause at the end of the day I want you to be happy. Thank you Leslie for letting us be a part of your day! It was wonderful!

Darlene · Married on 06/10/2016

DJ was excellent! Great music, very professional and a sweet deal to boot! Would highly recommend for any event you're thinking about!

Janieta · Married on 06/04/2016

They provided d.j. and photography services for my wedding June 4th. Stephen and his wife did an outstanding job. It is obvious that they know what they are doing. They helped make my wedding day a wonderful day. I didnt have to worry about a thing. They arrived on time and were very professional. I wish i had another function....because i would definitely hire them again.

Sent on 06/11/2016

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

Janieta I still look at those pictures and smile. It was a wonderful day and I loved being a part of it! Thank you!

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2016

We found Crystal Sound and Magic on Wedding Wire. From the moment my mom inquired with Stephen, we knew he would do a great job at our wedding. He responded to our emails in a very prompt and timely manner, was willing to meet us for an in-person consultation after providing late night DJ services the night prior and showed up to our wedding very professional, yet incredibly fun. The entire day and night were such a whirlwind and I seriously wish we had more time to enjoy his great DJ services. Crystal Sound and Magic was incredibly professional and we HIGHLY recommend them to future brides. We actually just received our 3 wedding videos and have already received so many compliments on them. It's so wonderful to be able to relive that beautiful day all over again, forever. We will always cherish the beautiful work that Crystal Sound and Magic created and provided for us on our wedding day. Thanks for everything, Stephen and Crystal!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

Jennifer I wish it could have gone longer as well! I absolutely loved being a part of your day! Thank you so much for including us!

We are so blessed to have found this company to help make this fairy tale wedding a reality. We were so pleased with the service provided. The wedding ceremony was exactly what my daughter wanted. Mr. Crystal was very flexibile and professional during the entire process. From the moment I contacted him, until the end of the reception. The music was perfect and exactly as my daughter requested. All the children and adults had a great time. I would highly recommend this company for any event you have planned.
    T. Dickson ~ mother of the Bride.

Sheconia · Married on 04/09/2016

This company went above and beyond their duty to ensure our event was a success. We could not have asked for a more professional and friendly vendor. I truly enjoyed them and would recommend them to anyone. Use this vendor and support them.

Daune · Married on 04/08/2016

Crystal Sound was phenomenal! Stephen and his crew were so accommodating to all our requests and needs. They made our daughter's Sweet 16 Dance a very special evening. They interacted wonderfully with all the guests of all ages and were wonderful to work with on all fronts! I highly recommend!

Mandy · Married on 03/26/2016

Steve quite literally saved my wedding! Thank you for stepping in at the last minute to make our day possible!

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/03/2015

5 stars is not a good enough rating for this vendor. I can honestly say it was the best money well spent. I will hire this professional for all future events where these services are needed. Thank you Stephen and Crystal for a superb job well done!!

I don't think my husband and I could have found a more friendly and fun crew then this team of people. We are so happy with everything.

Regina · Married on 08/14/2015

Best DJ EVER!!!!! I would recommend Stephen for any event!! We absolutely loved him!!!! Could not have ask for anyone better!!!! Outstanding job!!!!

Stephen is just one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We were so looking forward to him being the Dj at our event and unfortunately had a really bad communication problem with my mother. Long story short It was a seriously terrible mix up that bummed me and my fiancée out pretty badly. Because of the mix up we were unfortunately not able to have Stephen Dj our wedding :(. But he was very understanding of the entire situation and was even nice enough to reassure my mom that everything would be ok. We were both really sad because he was everything we were looking for in a Dj. He is extremely professional, very easy going, very fun guy. He has the exact personality that anyone could ever ask for in a Dj and boy does he know his music! I would highly recommend Stephen of Crystal Sound and Magic DJ to anyone who is looking for a killer DJ for any event in the future! Love, love, love him!!!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ's reply:

Jennifer you are so sweet! I loved being a part of your day! I wish it could have gone all night!

Renee · Married on 10/04/2014

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ provided DJ service for my daughter's 13th birthday party. I was very impressed with the Stephen's concern of what songs the girls wanted and what I thought was appropriate for the age level. Stephen went out of his way to provide this service at short notice and also suggested a video birthday card that we will forever cherish. My daughters and their friends are still talking about the "best party ever." Thanks Stephen!

• User5471972 · 2+ years ago

Great variety of music, I can't wait to see the video!

Very easy to communicate with and responded to emails and phone calls immediately. We had out wedding on the beach and he made the effort to find a battery pack that would accommodate his equipment so he wouldn't have to use a noisy generator. He played all the songs exactly how we asked him. There was a small issue with a couple of the songs cutting out for short periods during the ceremony due to the battery pack having to supply power to several mics and speakers. He pronounced everyone's names correctly and made sure everything went smoothly.

Vicki · Married on 10/25/2014

Stephen and Crystal saved the day for us! After a major problem, we had to find a DJ for my daughters wedding just a couple of weeks before the date. My son found CrystalMagic and when I called and left a message, my call was returned immediately, and the first words out of Stephen's mouth were, "don't panic". I had a good feeling right then, and that feeling was correct. He worked with me on price for what I would need, and walked me through every detail to insure my daughter would have the perfect day. After getting to the venue, they had to do an extra setup that I didn't know about, and not one time did they complain or act unprofessional. They were awesome, and fit right in. I would highly recommend them, as we will be looking to hire them for future events!