31 Reviews for Crystal Sound and Magic DJ

Disco Ball (3)
Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
30 Crystal Sound and Magic DJ Reviews

From start to finish Steven had it all together and his questionare was right on time helping us organize things music wise. He did a great job with the ceremony and helped bring joy and laughter to us after a very tearful entry from my grandfather that left everyone reaching for tissues . Thank you for a job well done

Profile Picture Meagan, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

We booked Stephen's services based upon the positive reviews on wedding wire. He communicated with me a few times before the big day, thought of details we never would have given attention to ourselves, and was very flexible. Our wedding took place on the beach at Emerald Isle and he offered up a microphone for our officiant and us that kept out the high wind noise. Stephen set up ceremony music on the beach prior to guests arriving, moved the music to the reception at the Islander in a very efficient transition. The music selections kept a large number of guests on the dance floor. He even agreed to stay longer when we had guests that were still on the dance floor after the predetermined end time. Crystal a Sound and magic DJ helped make the evening jovial, offered great atmosphere to the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture Julie, 5/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System

It was a ton of fun. He played all the music that I had requested not only for the ceremony but the reception as well. He was always checking in to make sure we were still running on schedule. We were very happy with the whole night and everyone was on the dance floor! Enjoyed it!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

It was great knowing we had a DJ for the entire wedding reception. No matter how long we went into the night (or early morning) they were there providing the entertainment without us worrying about additional charges or fees. They were great to deal with and very accommodating!

Profile Picture Curtis, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Videography

Everything was just as promised. Nice equipment, friendly people, showed up on time, stayed as long as we wanted.

Profile Picture User7429212, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Stephen was wonderful. He was very fun, and talkative. Other D.J's will sometimes just sit behind their area and take requests, but not him! If I'm ever in need of another D.J. down this way I will definitely be booking them again! It was a pleasure to have you!

Profile Picture Emillee, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography

Stephen went above and beyond on my wedding day to make my fiancé and I happy. When a family friend started to make the situation stressful, he stepped in and asked what I wanted and smoothed things over. To top it off, he sent an iPad to me with all the images loaded on, and offered to take anniversary photos since our wedding session was cut short due to bugs. All in all, it was a very positive experience for us.

Profile Picture Leslie, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography

DJ was excellent! Great music, very professional and a sweet deal to boot! Would highly recommend for any event you're thinking about!

Profile Picture Darlene, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Videography

They provided d.j. and photography services for my wedding June 4th. Stephen and his wife did an outstanding job. It is obvious that they know what they are doing. They helped make my wedding day a wonderful day. I didnt have to worry about a thing. They arrived on time and were very professional. I wish i had another function....because i would definitely hire them again.

Profile Picture Janieta, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

We found Crystal Sound and Magic on Wedding Wire. From the moment my mom inquired with Stephen, we knew he would do a great job at our wedding. He responded to our emails in a very prompt and timely manner, was willing to meet us for an in-person consultation after providing late night DJ services the night prior and showed up to our wedding very professional, yet incredibly fun. The entire day and night were such a whirlwind and I seriously wish we had more time to enjoy his great DJ services. Crystal Sound and Magic was incredibly professional and we HIGHLY recommend them to future brides. We actually just received our 3 wedding videos and have already received so many compliments on them. It's so wonderful to be able to relive that beautiful day all over again, forever. We will always cherish the beautiful work that Crystal Sound and Magic created and provided for us on our wedding day. Thanks for everything, Stephen and Crystal!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Videography

We are so blessed to have found this company to help make this fairy tale wedding a reality. We were so pleased with the service provided. The wedding ceremony was exactly what my daughter wanted. Mr. Crystal was very flexibile and professional during the entire process. From the moment I contacted him, until the end of the reception. The music was perfect and exactly as my daughter requested. All the children and adults had a great time. I would highly recommend this company for any event you have planned.
T. Dickson ~ mother of the Bride.

Profile Picture User6630299, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

This company went above and beyond their duty to ensure our event was a success. We could not have asked for a more professional and friendly vendor. I truly enjoyed them and would recommend them to anyone. Use this vendor and support them.

Profile Picture Sheconia, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

Crystal Sound was phenomenal! Stephen and his crew were so accommodating to all our requests and needs. They made our daughter's Sweet 16 Dance a very special evening. They interacted wonderfully with all the guests of all ages and were wonderful to work with on all fronts! I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Daune, 4/8/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Videography

Steve quite literally saved my wedding! Thank you for stepping in at the last minute to make our day possible!

Profile Picture Mandy, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

5 stars is not a good enough rating for this vendor. I can honestly say it was the best money well spent. I will hire this professional for all future events where these services are needed. Thank you Stephen and Crystal for a superb job well done!!

Profile Picture Wendy, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I don't think my husband and I could have found a more friendly and fun crew then this team of people. We are so happy with everything.

Profile Picture User5470484, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography

Best DJ EVER!!!!! I would recommend Stephen for any event!! We absolutely loved him!!!! Could not have ask for anyone better!!!! Outstanding job!!!!

Profile Picture Regina, 8/14/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Stephen is just one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We were so looking forward to him being the Dj at our event and unfortunately had a really bad communication problem with my mother. Long story short It was a seriously terrible mix up that bummed me and my fiancée out pretty badly. Because of the mix up we were unfortunately not able to have Stephen Dj our wedding :(. But he was very understanding of the entire situation and was even nice enough to reassure my mom that everything would be ok. We were both really sad because he was everything we were looking for in a Dj. He is extremely professional, very easy going, very fun guy. He has the exact personality that anyone could ever ask for in a Dj and boy does he know his music! I would highly recommend Stephen of Crystal Sound and Magic DJ to anyone who is looking for a killer DJ for any event in the future! Love, love, love him!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Crystal Sound and Magic DJ provided DJ service for my daughter's 13th birthday party. I was very impressed with the Stephen's concern of what songs the girls wanted and what I thought was appropriate for the age level. Stephen went out of his way to provide this service at short notice and also suggested a video birthday card that we will forever cherish. My daughters and their friends are still talking about the "best party ever." Thanks Stephen!

Profile Picture Renee, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great variety of music, I can't wait to see the video!

Profile Picture User5471972, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

Very easy to communicate with and responded to emails and phone calls immediately. We had out wedding on the beach and he made the effort to find a battery pack that would accommodate his equipment so he wouldn't have to use a noisy generator. He played all the songs exactly how we asked him. There was a small issue with a couple of the songs cutting out for short periods during the ceremony due to the battery pack having to supply power to several mics and speakers. He pronounced everyone's names correctly and made sure everything went smoothly.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Stephen and Crystal saved the day for us! After a major problem, we had to find a DJ for my daughters wedding just a couple of weeks before the date. My son found CrystalMagic and when I called and left a message, my call was returned immediately, and the first words out of Stephen's mouth were, "don't panic". I had a good feeling right then, and that feeling was correct. He worked with me on price for what I would need, and walked me through every detail to insure my daughter would have the perfect day. After getting to the venue, they had to do an extra setup that I didn't know about, and not one time did they complain or act unprofessional. They were awesome, and fit right in. I would highly recommend them, as we will be looking to hire them for future events!

Profile Picture Vicki, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot begin to express how impressed I have been with these services. Steven was an amazing officiant and really brought life to my day. My guest thoroughly enjoyed the reception. He was very good at keeping everything lively.

Profile Picture User4489251, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography

Stephen offered us an amazing deal when I told him how my (now husband) and I were struggling financially to be able to afford our wedding. He gave us an unbelievable package including his services as our officiant, DJ, ceremony sound, and videography. He was very accommodating all the way through and always reachable by email or phone prior to the wedding.

The day of, he was the perfect officiant (we loved his personalized ceremony service just for us as well as his quirky humor) and that the service itself was short and sweet just how we wanted it to be. The ceremony music went off without a hitch (as far as I know anyway). For DJ services, he had an information sheet which he had us fill out that I think covered all the basics and all of those expectations were met.

My husband was a little disappointed in the dancing turnout - but I think that had to do with a combination of things including the bright light in the ballroom (wish we'd spent a little extra for mood lighting), and simply the crowd we had. I had provided via email a list of songs we and our guests had requested and bolded those that were most important to us and I am not sure that all of them got played (I wasn't always in the ballroom) but overall I think everyone had a great time.

I can't speak as to the quality of the videography since we haven't received it yet, but I'm very excited to. My only comment is that I wish we had known in advance of our wedding day that we would be asked to say something to each other while getting ready. Towards the end of our get-ready time, my bridesmaids and I were VERY behind on getting ready and getting our things together and it was incredibly hectic so I completely botched that moment when I could have said something memorable and sweet had I been able to prepare for it in advance (I'm a little nervous to see that). Otherwise, everything was great!

Profile Picture ashley, 4/13/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day