Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

32 Reviews for Crystal Sound and Magic DJ

Disco Ball (3)
Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
31 Crystal Sound and Magic DJ Reviews

I booked Crystal sound and Magic to DJ my Destination wedding nearly on a complete whim. from the very start Steve was very responsive to my phone calls and emails. He nailed the playlists for all events of the wedding (ceremony/cocktail hour/ dinner/ reception). the day of my wedding Steve and his wife Crystal went above and beyond to make sure we really enjoyed the best day of our lives. He set up his rig on the beach, where our ceremony was held. Then he moved his equipment up many many stairs to make sure we could have music and mics for speeches during our dinner. He continued to exceed my expectations by setting up a killer light show on the beach. His wife Crystal was also exceedingly helpful. when she wasnt helping the DJ set up, she was first to ask how she could be of any help. She Stepped in during dinner and helped bus all the tables, and even assisted with the breakdown of the dinner room. when the party got late and our hired bartender was relieved for the night, Crystal even stepped in as bartender while my Wife and entire wedding party continued to celebrate into the late evening. Never once did they ask what time they could pack up. they stayed all day and night without any extra fees. Everything went perfectly, they were fun to work with, and i would hire them again!! highly recommend Crystal Sound and Magic DJ services.

Profile Picture KYLE, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Stephen offered us an amazing deal when I told him how my (now husband) and I were struggling financially to be able to afford our wedding. He gave us an unbelievable package including his services as our officiant, DJ, ceremony sound, and videography. He was very accommodating all the way through and always reachable by email or phone prior to the wedding.

The day of, he was the perfect officiant (we loved his personalized ceremony service just for us as well as his quirky humor) and that the service itself was short and sweet just how we wanted it to be. The ceremony music went off without a hitch (as far as I know anyway). For DJ services, he had an information sheet which he had us fill out that I think covered all the basics and all of those expectations were met.

My husband was a little disappointed in the dancing turnout - but I think that had to do with a combination of things including the bright light in the ballroom (wish we'd spent a little extra for mood lighting), and simply the crowd we had. I had provided via email a list of songs we and our guests had requested and bolded those that were most important to us and I am not sure that all of them got played (I wasn't always in the ballroom) but overall I think everyone had a great time.

I can't speak as to the quality of the videography since we haven't received it yet, but I'm very excited to. My only comment is that I wish we had known in advance of our wedding day that we would be asked to say something to each other while getting ready. Towards the end of our get-ready time, my bridesmaids and I were VERY behind on getting ready and getting our things together and it was incredibly hectic so I completely botched that moment when I could have said something memorable and sweet had I been able to prepare for it in advance (I'm a little nervous to see that). Otherwise, everything was great!

Profile Picture ashley, 4/13/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

Stephen is just really good to work with and dependable...

Profile Picture Tracy, 12/15/17, 1 Review
4.2

Husband and wife team that are easy to work with, very proffessional. Wife takes all the pics and video while hubby plays the tunes and the light show. Only thing I suggest is that you print out an agenda if you want him to say certain things, the questionnaire didn't seem like enough. He was pretty quiet for a DJ. Also, would have liked pictures of each table while people were sitting or at least group pics but didn't get that.
Overall, venue turned out good, pictures and video are great and cannot beat the price!

Profile Picture Jannira, 10/14/17, 1 Review
0.5

Stephen and his wife done our wedding, the pictures actually taken were no different than ones friends took there. We received no formal pictures, not even one. We have no wedding party pictures due to the one camera that he used broke and he was unaware until weeks later when we asked for our pictures. His wife did no back up shots. So NOT ONE FORMAL WEDDING PICTURE. This was a horrific professional photographer shoot. We filled out his detailed forms. We gave no specific wedding shots but did request formal pictures. We received hair shots, blurred dance shots and a lot of duplicates. There were some great photos of cake cutting and speeches. I wrote them and now 3 months later, I have received no response. I said we paid you $1400 for your services and we received 2/3 of the contract, we received some regular (no wedding pictures) and he did dj. I told him a refund of 1/3 would be reasonable to my husband. There is nothing I want from them. My husband called to ask about formal pictures after reviewing their digital link of our pictures and that is when we were told the camera broke and there was not one formal picture. His resolution to the situation, do a photo shoot for our one year anniversary on him. How kind. I am still devastated. The only thing i requested was formal pictures. I did not receive what we hired him to do. He even bragged about how he would be able to get a new camera now that his old one broke. A professional photographer would have redone shots to ensure there were pictures once he realised the camera had broke.
IF YOU LIKE TO WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND NOT GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, THEY ARE THE ONES FOR YOU.
Sad he is a preacher, rocking reverend, and this is how he conducts himself.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography

From start to finish Steven had it all together and his questionare was right on time helping us organize things music wise. He did a great job with the ceremony and helped bring joy and laughter to us after a very tearful entry from my grandfather that left everyone reaching for tissues . Thank you for a job well done

Profile Picture Meagan, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

We booked Stephen's services based upon the positive reviews on wedding wire. He communicated with me a few times before the big day, thought of details we never would have given attention to ourselves, and was very flexible. Our wedding took place on the beach at Emerald Isle and he offered up a microphone for our officiant and us that kept out the high wind noise. Stephen set up ceremony music on the beach prior to guests arriving, moved the music to the reception at the Islander in a very efficient transition. The music selections kept a large number of guests on the dance floor. He even agreed to stay longer when we had guests that were still on the dance floor after the predetermined end time. Crystal a Sound and magic DJ helped make the evening jovial, offered great atmosphere to the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture Julie, 5/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System

It was a ton of fun. He played all the music that I had requested not only for the ceremony but the reception as well. He was always checking in to make sure we were still running on schedule. We were very happy with the whole night and everyone was on the dance floor! Enjoyed it!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 4/8/17, 1 Review
1.8

Terrible choice of DJ. So many things went wrong or were not done correctly. There was a song listed for the groomsmen to walk out to and it was never played. My song to walk down the aisle started early and was already playing before I even entered. My grandmother was supposed to say a prayer before our dinner and that never happened. That was something very important to me. All of this information was written out in detail in a form sent to the DJ in advance. The bouquet toss was done way late after most guests had already left. The DJ made a rude remark to the bride after she apparently threw her bouquet too early. Musical cues were completely missed or not done at all. In between special dances and events there was complete silence instead of the DJ directing what will happen next so people would know what to do. During dance time, the DJ told a guest he was going to jam as much 90s music as he could in a few minutes and kept repeatedly changing the song while people were dancing to it and the songs weren't over. The DJ also kept leaving to smoke about every 15 or 20 minutes. Needless to say my biggest wedding regret was choosing them.

Profile Picture Heather, 3/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Stephen was an amazing DJ!! He was able to do everything we requested for our wedding ceremony and rehearsal and so much more! We ended up changing some things VERY last minute and he was so accommodating and able to make the last minute changes without any issues at all. I would 100% recommend Crystal Sound to anyone for their wedding or event. Our guests had such a blast on the dance floor all thanks to them :)

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

It was great knowing we had a DJ for the entire wedding reception. No matter how long we went into the night (or early morning) they were there providing the entertainment without us worrying about additional charges or fees. They were great to deal with and very accommodating!

Profile Picture Curtis, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Videography

Everything was just as promised. Nice equipment, friendly people, showed up on time, stayed as long as we wanted.

Profile Picture User7429212, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Stephen was wonderful. He was very fun, and talkative. Other D.J's will sometimes just sit behind their area and take requests, but not him! If I'm ever in need of another D.J. down this way I will definitely be booking them again! It was a pleasure to have you!

Profile Picture Emillee, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography

Stephen went above and beyond on my wedding day to make my fiancé and I happy. When a family friend started to make the situation stressful, he stepped in and asked what I wanted and smoothed things over. To top it off, he sent an iPad to me with all the images loaded on, and offered to take anniversary photos since our wedding session was cut short due to bugs. All in all, it was a very positive experience for us.

Profile Picture Leslie, 7/16/16, 1 Review
2.0

Steven was very responsive in the beginning, offered a form to fill out all information about what we wanted for the wedding, and was available for as long as we wanted for the evening. I was sold, even though I didn't want a DJ in the bginning.
As the day got closer, we filled out the form. The form specifically states would you like to meet with me in person or via Skype. I answered in person, as I wanted to be sure all that I expected to be done would be. I called to follow up on this, and Steven said he wouldn't need a meeting.
We submitted a VERY specific list of songs we wanted played at our wedding. We indicated what songs for the cocktail hour, what songs for dinner, and what songs for the reception. When Steven said over the phone that is was "very extensive" and he would "try to get them all in" I should have known that it would not be paid much mind, but I trusted him to be the expert. I starred songs we ABSOLUTELY wanted played, and the night of the wedding, he did not even have those songs. That leads me to believe that the list I submitted was not given much thought or consideration.
When I emailed Steven to express my disappointment in the way some things were handled, and that had we met, like the form insinuates will happen when you book him he apologized for how I felt, but stated that had we had the met it would not have made a difference. I disagree, and feel as though if the meeting is being offered, and the bride follows up about it, perhaps taking it would at least have given him what MY expectations were of him for the wedding.
Everyone who attended the wedding has stated that the DJ was the only thing they thought didn't go smoothly (there were other things, but the guests did not pick up on those things). I have had people ask me who we used to be sure they did not use him for their future events.

Profile Picture Siobhan, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ was excellent! Great music, very professional and a sweet deal to boot! Would highly recommend for any event you're thinking about!

Profile Picture Darlene, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Videography

They provided d.j. and photography services for my wedding June 4th. Stephen and his wife did an outstanding job. It is obvious that they know what they are doing. They helped make my wedding day a wonderful day. I didnt have to worry about a thing. They arrived on time and were very professional. I wish i had another function....because i would definitely hire them again.

Profile Picture Janieta, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

We found Crystal Sound and Magic on Wedding Wire. From the moment my mom inquired with Stephen, we knew he would do a great job at our wedding. He responded to our emails in a very prompt and timely manner, was willing to meet us for an in-person consultation after providing late night DJ services the night prior and showed up to our wedding very professional, yet incredibly fun. The entire day and night were such a whirlwind and I seriously wish we had more time to enjoy his great DJ services. Crystal Sound and Magic was incredibly professional and we HIGHLY recommend them to future brides. We actually just received our 3 wedding videos and have already received so many compliments on them. It's so wonderful to be able to relive that beautiful day all over again, forever. We will always cherish the beautiful work that Crystal Sound and Magic created and provided for us on our wedding day. Thanks for everything, Stephen and Crystal!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Videography

We are so blessed to have found this company to help make this fairy tale wedding a reality. We were so pleased with the service provided. The wedding ceremony was exactly what my daughter wanted. Mr. Crystal was very flexibile and professional during the entire process. From the moment I contacted him, until the end of the reception. The music was perfect and exactly as my daughter requested. All the children and adults had a great time. I would highly recommend this company for any event you have planned.
T. Dickson ~ mother of the Bride.

Profile Picture User6630299, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

This company went above and beyond their duty to ensure our event was a success. We could not have asked for a more professional and friendly vendor. I truly enjoyed them and would recommend them to anyone. Use this vendor and support them.

Profile Picture Sheconia, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

Crystal Sound was phenomenal! Stephen and his crew were so accommodating to all our requests and needs. They made our daughter's Sweet 16 Dance a very special evening. They interacted wonderfully with all the guests of all ages and were wonderful to work with on all fronts! I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Daune, 4/8/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Videography

Steve quite literally saved my wedding! Thank you for stepping in at the last minute to make our day possible!

Profile Picture Mandy, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

5 stars is not a good enough rating for this vendor. I can honestly say it was the best money well spent. I will hire this professional for all future events where these services are needed. Thank you Stephen and Crystal for a superb job well done!!

Profile Picture Wendy, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Great variety of music, I can't wait to see the video!

Profile Picture User5471972, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

I don't think my husband and I could have found a more friendly and fun crew then this team of people. We are so happy with everything.

Profile Picture User5470484, 2+ years ago, 1 Review