Conscious Elegance Reviews

42 | Stoneham, MA

42 Reviews for Conscious Elegance

Renee · Married on 10/31/2015

Lori is an absolute genius! I knew early in my planning process that I wanted to have a custom-made dress. A mutual friend connected us and Lori was enthusiastic, jumping into the project, headfirst. We had several meetings early on so that we were both on the same page, and I provided her with pictures of the dress that I was trying to recreate.
    I felt very strongly against buying a wedding dress from a bridal shop. I am “plus-sized”, and dreaded being binder-clipped into dress samples many sizes too small for me. Intellectually I know there are places that have lots of bigger options, but I just couldn’t face the prospect of any disheartening bridal shop experiences.
    I also felt strongly against buying a very expensive dress that I would wear once and put in storage. The implications for sweatshop labor and environmentally harmful chemical fabric processing gave me panic attacks. I wanted to know that my dress was eco-conscious and made here in the U.S. Lori’s re-use of gently worn wedding dresses was a dream come true. The dresses that became my dress had been worn and loved by at least one other bride, and any environmental damage had already been done. I was getting a lot of good karma from those dresses!
    I had Lori take my measurements, personally, and had 3 fittings along the way. I was a “nervous” bride and worried about everything. Lori put my mind at ease at every turn and checked in as soon as any questions arose so that she knew I was getting exactly what I wanted. She went far above and beyond my expectations and created the most elaborate and well-made dress that I could have ever hoped for.
    The final product was absolutely stunning! For anyone looking to have an absolute one-of-a-kind dress for their wedding, I cannot recommend Lori and Conscious Elegance highly enough. The process was so smooth and the final product so gorgeous; it fit me perfectly and it was exactly what I was dreaming of for my wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Bonnie · Married on 10/11/2014

Your fabrics are so glorious!Your communication was excellent, and your work and selection of fabrics absolutely stunning. I have you on my favorite list and will be sure to direct anyone I know looking for hemp silk or beautiful eco-friendly dresses your way. Thank You again for all your help. Best Wishes, B

Sent on 11/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/23/2014

FABRIC IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I KNOW MY AUNT IS GOING TO LOVE HER WEDDING DRESS - FOR BOTH ITS QUALITY, BEAUTY, AND ECO-CONSCIOUS STANCE. - Jennifer B.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Amy · Married on 08/02/2014

I am very excited about my wedding dress! Lori went above and beyond answering questions, providing a lot of information and helping me make choices. - Amy L.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Mary Jo · Married on 07/26/2014

I came upon Lori by accident and she ended up being exactly what I was searching for - great to work with - helpful, generous, with attention to the smallest details, and good fun too! Couldn't be happier with the whole experience! - Mary B.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Sandy · Married on 07/19/2014

Dear Lori,

It's absolutely beautiful! I'll send updates...

Thanks so much, Sandy

Sent on 12/08/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2014

[The fabric] was perfect for my wedding dress. I got married on June 30th, on a hot and humid day that reached105' F. And I even though I was wearing a bustier under my dress, I was still cool and comfortable the entire time. It was the perfect dress for a summer wedding in NC. Thank you again! ~ Amanda W.

Sent on 08/01/2014

R · Married on 02/08/2014

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciated your service and your regular followup...and the fabric is great! ~ Rita

Sent on 03/08/2014

Steph · Married on 02/08/2014

I must say that I was surprisingly pleased by the quality of the fabric. The fabric is luxurious, it drapes wonderfully and has a really nice weight and texture, I love it ! Thank you so much for everything, you have been very helpful. Cheers, Stephanie

Sent on 03/15/2014

J · Married on 01/04/2014

I am thrilled to say that the fabric is absolutely perfect. Until I came across your shop I had resigned myself to a wedding dress that was only 'good enough', and to have a dress made from sustainable, natural and cruelty-free fabric that is exactly what I had in mind was more than I hoped for! I was a little anxious to buy without a sample, which would have been very impractical and expensive for me given we're on opposite sides of the world, but my mind was made up once you so generously replied to ALL my questions with honesty, expertise and in great detail- I can't thank you enough for that. I have nothing but positive feedback really and I will let you know how I get on! THANKYOU!!! - Jess

Sent on 02/20/2014

Antasha · Married on 10/19/2013

The fabric is quite possibly the most wonderful stuff I have ever experienced. The staff sent me many emails and together we figured out several questions until I got exactily what I needed. Thank you! - Ms. A.

Sent on 12/09/2013

E. · Married on 10/05/2013

The dress that Lori made is perfect in every way. I loved wearing it for my wedding! I love seeing it now, too. My Mom loved it, too. She thought the dress was beautiful and very "me," meaning that she knows how "eco-" minded I am and she knew what I was hoping for.

We had a wonderful time, a beautiful and memorable ceremony, a relaxing lunch afterward and in general a wonderful weekend with family. I felt beautiful in my beautiful dress. It was perfect and just what I wanted in every way! I wouldn't change a thing about it and am the happiest girl!!!!!!!! Love, E.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Antasha · Married on 09/21/2013

Lori was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was quick to reply to questions and send samples! Fabric is dangerously beautiful and durable! - Antasha D.

Sent on 12/03/2013

C · Married on 09/14/2013

The dress has arrived and its absolutely gorgeous! It fits me like a glove and I cant wait to wear it!! I have only just received it and tried it on.  The fabric is amazing, the cut is perfect, the waist is perfect, the neckline is also perfect.  I am so happy. Thank you so so much. Thanks so much again and I will send you some wedding shots for your website :) Much love Caro xx

Sent on 11/10/2013

I am still very excited when writing this and thinking back on the day when the dress arrived. It was better than Christmas day and the dress is simply amazing and the most beautiful wedding gown that I can imagine.

I am from Munich, Germany and was very discouraged when I started looking for a wedding gown because most sellers in town sell dresses of low quality and have bad service. Since I was looking for an ecofriendly alternative, I am still glad that I found Conscious Elegance. I can not imagine any other way that would have tourned out as perfect as this. From the first Moment, Lori included me in any step and we were always in contact. Also, it was always possible to ask things or make suggestions about the design. Thanks to all the pictures Lori send me, I was always up to date and it was just as if I could visit her studio in person. The fitting of the toile was very easy and everything worked out very fine.
    The finished dress was wraped up very carefully and arrived in perfect condition without any trouble.
    The fitting was exciting and it tourned out that it fits exactly!

Also, we ordered fabric for the grooms suit that matched perfectly my dress. Again the fabric was wrapped up by Lori very carefully and arrived well.

To sum up, I just want to say THANK YOU for taking such good care for one of the most important parts of a wedding. You made my dream come true!
    I would always buy my wedding gown from you again and will certainly tell my friends about Conscious Elegance!

I hope that many brides will experience the same exciting and great time!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Dear Lori,

You were so helpful and the dress is just to die for!...The vest for my fiance looks stunning as well, and with the leftover scraps we are making clutches for the bridesmaids :)

Thanks again or all of your help,
    Rebecca

Sent on 06/10/2013

Liz · Married on 02/16/2013

The dress turned out great! Thank you again for the beautiful fabric, it was perfect! I just realized that I'm now longer able to leave feedback- I would have loved to give you 100%! My photographer is/was Alyssa Jul. Best, ~liz

Sent on 03/16/2013

Lacey · Married on 11/10/2012

Just wanted to let you know the fabric arrived!! Brought it right up to my partner's mom who's making the dress for me, and we just love it! Oooh can't wait till it's underway!

Thanks again for your help, you've been great to work with :)
    Will send ya pictures some time after it's made

Take Care
    Lacey

Sent on 12/31/2012

Gemma · Married on 11/10/2012

The fabric was amazing quality and really lovely to work with. It arrived in good time and I was very pleased with the service. - Love, Gemma

Sent on 01/23/2013
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 10/13/2012

Wonderful service and I just love the fabric, it's gorgeous! Thanks Lori, I'll send you a photo of the dress but it might be a little while!

Love, Zoe

Sent on 12/22/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2012

This dress turned out really nice got lots of compliments and love the fact it was made with ecofriendly fabric. Thankyou for being able to supply this type of material. It was a beautiful wedding and venue.
    Thanks
    Kelly

Sent on 10/18/2012

A · Married on 09/08/2012

I just touched the Hemp silk for the first time since it was pre-washed and ironed, and I must say... it feels divine! I cannot wait to sink my scissors in this fabric and start my dress, it was the perfect choice for me. I really don't want to wait until my wedding day, I want to wrap myself up in this fabric now! -- Amanda G.

Sent on 08/27/2012

Juliana · Married on 09/08/2012

I got the fabric just the other day! It's beautiful! Thank you for including all the samples, and for sending them out so quickly. My mother and I are designing the dress, and she is sewing it. We are very excited. I will keep in touch! We won't be ready to purchase until mid-September (my daughter is abroad), but we are definitely keeping your options in mind!

Again, thank you! I love the quality of your fabric, and the naturalness of it too, of course! We also like that you are nearby in State College, where our son benefited from a great Penn State education! - Juliana R.

Sent on 09/17/2012

J · Married on 08/11/2012

As beautiful in person as the photo!! Received it quickly and the packaging was very secure. Thanks! - J. P.

Sent on 02/16/2012

Barbara · Married on 07/14/2012

Hi! I did receive my fabric (a couple of weeks ago actually), and have put it to good use already. In answer to both of your questions, the fabric itself is so amazing-strong enough for handbag linings, and so saturated in color!! The service was wonderful as well-you've been so nice to work with! - Barbara H.

Sent on 07/16/2012