41 Bridge Street, Lowell, MA 01852 Map · Phone number

About eleni's fashions & tailoring

Eleni, born in Amfia, Kalamata, Greece, was educated at the Athens School of Fashion and Design where was nominated for numerous awards for academic achievement as well as haute couture. As a student, she was chosen to assist in the design and creation of a complete wardrobe for Queen Anna Maria of Greece - one of the highest awards afforded at the Academy. Upon completion of her studies in 1968, Eleni accompanied her parents to the United States where she continued her career in the fashion industry.

In 1984 she was selected a "Rising Young Star Designer" and invited by the Fashion Group of Boston to show five of her exclusive creations before the most prestigious designers of the United States and Europe.

Eleni's passion for fashion and art has led her into teaching young people at Girls Inc., Greater Lowell Technical High School, the Lowell Middlesex Charter School Academy and Bay State College in Boston. She has actively contributed to local theater costume and stage design.

Eleni has exhibited her work at the Whistler House Museum of Art, the Brush Art Gallery, and the Ayer Lofts. Her works have also been purchased by local businesses such as the Enterprise Bank, Delos Corporation, and private collectors

Her work evolves out of responses to current and past events, infused with metaphors of her Hellenic and American heritage.

MCCFashionDesignCampJulywk 2fash shw07203

4 Reviews for eleni's fashions & tailoring

1 User photo

eleni's fashions & tailoring 1

Ashley · Married on 05/23/2015

Eleni is fantastic! I got my dress at Madeleine's daughter and found Eleni through their list of seamstresses. I was nervous and anxious because I wasn't sure I loved my dress. I went back to Eleni 2 weeks after my first fitting to redo the bustle on my train. She never once got frustrated with me and she did amazing work.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Natalie · Married on 09/08/2012

I LOVE ELENI!!!!!!

She was so amazing. I had to have a few fittings because my dress needed about 20 bustles and my chest must've changed sizes (you can laugh) a few times.

I love Eleni to death. I'm saving my dress and if I wear it on an anniversary one day or want a christening gown made of a future child, I will go to her. If I ever need a dress hemmed or altered, I will go to her.

If I could give her a 10/5, I would. She's the BEST!!!

Sent on 09/28/2012

Krista · Married on 05/26/2012

Eleni did beyond amazing alterations on my wedding gown. My dress had a multiple layers and a lace overlay and she did a fantastic, expert job. She knew how to hem the delicate lace to make the dress look amazing. Her bustle work was also of the highest standards. She is extremely professional and takes every aspect of the wedding into account when she does the alterations - she assures the dress will look perfect for pictures, the church, dancing - everything! She made sure I was comfortable and beautiful in the dress. She also is taking the left over lace and making a custom hair piece for me. Her pricing is extremely reasonable. She also insures the dress is done in a timely manner. I highly recommend Eleni for anyone who is looking for a wedding seamstress who treats clients with the upmost respect and professionalism.

Sent on 03/16/2012

• 41 Bridge Street Lowell, 01852 See on map
    9784590307 (Other Phone Number)
    Tuesday-Friday 11am-6pm Saturday 10am-2pm Sunday & Monday Closed