Classic Catering Reviews

70 Reviews for Classic Catering

1 User photo

Classic Catering 1

Kelly · Married on 08/12/2011

Classic Catering did an amazing job!!! They were my caterers and I also used one of their venues the Perry House. I had numerous compliments about the food that they served. We used one of their packages which included a few different appetizers and food stations. The stations were a big hit for our guests. They liked that they were able to walk around, interact with the chefs, and choose exactly what they wanted to eat. The appetizers were also a big hit. We had some beef pastries that everyone loved!! The Classic Catering company is great whether for food, venue, or wedding planning. They do it all and have lots of experience. I had the perfect wedding thanks to them!!! Alicia was our wedding coordinator and we could not have done it without her help!

Sent on 12/28/2011

Kate · Married on 06/25/2011

We can not thank Classic Catering enough for making our wedding day so very special. Debbie, Dean and Mary Lisa are absolutely wonderful! They each went above and beyond, paying specific attention to those little details, making our wedding day PERFECT! We had guests from all over the country attend our wedding. We still to this days have guests saying it was the "best wedding" they ever attended. It would not have been possible without Debbie, Dean and Mary Lisa. We highly recommend Classic Catering!!!

Sent on 12/10/2011

Karil · Married on 05/07/2011

The entire staff was exceptionally helpful, flexible and friendly. Many guests commented on this. The food quality, service and presentation were excellent. The staff went above and beyond in helping us throughout the day, offering suggestions and assistance to keep the ceremony, dinner and other events progressing smoothly.

Sent on 12/11/2011
  • Matielena

Matielena · Married on 09/18/2010

Where does one start in writing a review for specatacular service, lol? Debbie & Dean are miracle workers I must say. From the moment we contacted them about catering our September 18, 2010 wedding in October of 2009 Debbie was an absolute pleasure & help. They were not only food service but in a sense they acted as wedding coordinators. They handled all our rentals as well as dealt directly with our venue in coordinating everything for our big day. As far as the food goes she was so enthusiastic about it all & when she sent over a sample menu for our Spanish infused wedding she seriously hit the nail right on the head! The food turned out delicious, the service was fantastic, & everyone was truly pleased. Clasic Catering allowed us to enjoy our wedding day & for that we're forever grateful. Anyone who books this company for their event should consider themselves lucky because they are in for a treat!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Travis · Married on 07/05/2010

Classic Catering is simply amazing. Staff is friendly and professional and the price is affordable for the amount of services they provide. They were so helpful with planning the menu for our wedding with a variety of choices to fit every need (mine and my wife's :D) They even had a drink station set up at the ceremony site for our guests and provided food for the little ones at the reception site. Communication was always prompt. We brought a few family members for a tasting and they welcomed us with open arms and excellent food!! Dean is an amazing chef and the quality and presentation of the food on our wedding day was perfect. So many compliments from our family and friends. We would give them 10 stars if it was an option. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 03/04/2011

Veronica · Married on 05/30/2010

I have nothing but good things to say about Classic Catering in Pacific Grove, as well as their venue (Gatherings) and Monterey Beach Weddings. We were invited to a tasting before we chose our menu for the wedding, and it was so difficult to pick our favorites. Their steak/beef on top of mashed potatoes is particularly delicious. Their food is amazing, and our family and friends are still talking about how great it was. They even provided mac and cheese for the kids without us even having to ask! If you have them cater at their own venue (Gatherings) they don't charge per person, and everyone can eat as much as they like. They are very professional, the food is delicious, and I wish I could eat their food everyday :)

Sent on 06/25/2010
  • Bonnie

Bonnie · Married on 11/14/2009

Debbie did a fabulous job at our wedding. We did not have a coordinator, so she pretty much ran the entire wedding and did a fantastic job. The meal was wonderful and very reflective of California Cuisine. Her steamed artichoke appetizer was the best I have ever tasted!

Sent on 12/02/2009

Stephanie · Married on 10/25/2009

Debbie the owner was very sweet and went above and beyond what I expected. The presentation was gorgeous and the food amazing. Debbie worked with my budget and we couldn't have been more pleased with the service and great tasting simple but elegant food.

Sent on 01/19/2010

Alex · Married on 10/04/2008

Debbie was so friendly and profesional from the beginning, we knew we were in good hands. After the first tasting, we knew we were in great hands! The food at our wedding was AMAZING! Everyone loved the salmon and tri tip, and the garlic mashed potatoes were to die for. I highly recommend Classic Catering!

Sent on 10/21/2008
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 10/04/2008

Sent on 10/21/2008

Anna · Married on 05/29/2016

Make an appointment for a menu sampling and be amazed! Presentation, quality and good eats is what will make your decision pretty simple and not break the bank.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Michelle · Married on 06/07/2014

Everything Events by Classic did from beginning to end was top notch. They catered our rehearsal dinner and completely took my vision of an elegant/classy but fun Mexican feast and turned into a reality. They took care of lightening, sound system etc and made sure we had everything we needed. The management and the wait staff were all very professional and willing to do what they could to make the dinner wonderful. The food was amazing, not only was it delicious but the presentation was better than I could have hoped for. I would recommend Events by Classic Catering for any event.

Sent on 08/23/2014

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2012

There are so many wonderful things to say about Classic, I don't really know where to begin.

My husband and I had our wedding at a vacation rental house in Pebble Beach called Stillwater Overlook. This was a unique venue that Classic had never catered at before, yet they were amazing!! Our family and friends could not stop raving about their service. They took the extra time to get to know the venue and make sure that things ran smoothly. Their food was wonderful in every way. From the presentation and service to the taste and creativeness.

My husband and I are vegetarians, so we knew it would be a little challenging to find someone who would be able to create a well rounded meal that didn't feel like it was missing anything. They had a wide variety of options for us, the only problem was deciding what to cut out, everything was too delicious. Most of our guests didn't notice that it was all vegetarian food. They were flexible and adapted to meet our every requests.

Classic was more than just a cratering service. They made the wedding a success. Every single one of the staff was friendly, professional and on top of things. With Classic catering we did not have to worry about their being any problems, we had the peace of mind knowing that they had everything taken care of.

I do have to add one more thing, Alicia Phillips, Classic's Event Manager is spectacular. There are so many wonderful things to say about her. She worked so hard for us to make sure that our wedding was perfect (which it was!) She went above and beyond helping us plan our wedding. She was there to answer any questions we had, make suggestions, provide support and be all around our go to person. The day of the wedding she was running everywhere, making sure things perfect and did it all with a huge smile on her face.

You won't regret choosing Classic, they helped make our day unforgettable!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Molly · Married on 09/14/2018

Save yourself the stress, Hire Classic

If I could give them 10 stars I would. Yes, 10 out of 5. They are that good.

My husband and I were married at the Memory Garden in September, and we booked Classic (one of the recommended Memory Garden vendors) the previous October. From day 1 they were the easiest part of this whole wedding process. Susan is a wonder woman. Even 10 months out from our wedding she was responding to our countless emails and questions within the hour, any time of day. We were blown away! She made it so easy! We were able to coordinate our rentals through Classic as well so they were literally a one stop shop. Susan even graciously helped us when we wanted to keep the budget slim, and came up with some great budget-saving tips. We could not have done it without her and her team.

We ended up hiring Susan as our day-of-coordinator as well and this was the best money we spent on any part of our wedding. She is seriously magic. She was able to be our point person with the parks department (a requirement for the Memory Garden), coordinate the schedule, act as a point of contact for ALL of our vendors (ensuring the smoothest wedding I've ever seen), and handled her team of caterers, waitstaff, and other setup/take down staff with ease. We had absolutely no stress on our wedding day because Susan had it all covered. The day was flawless - and our tight schedule felt like a breeze because she coordinated all the transitions from set up to ceremony to cocktail hour to dinner and beyond. She even ran our rehearsal the day before because she has infinite more experience in weddings than us first-timers. Her team also handled all the decoration set up - we gave them the decorations the day before and the place looked even more amazing than we imagined on the day. She is a god among men. The most amazing part is, while Susan was EVERYWHERE on our big day, she somehow only appears in ONE wedding photo (out of our 1,000+) which speaks volumes to her professionalism and skill - not that we would've minded because she made our day perfect!

Finally, Classic Catering is a highly talented team of professionals. The food was incredible. We've received rave reviews from our guests, and my MOH even wants to use them for her wedding next fall. The tasting was so fun and made for some very hard decisions, and the food on the day was even more delicious! Our only regret was we didn't get a chance to eat more of it! The whole team is so superb, and even things like setup for the reception following the ceremony was swift and very sleek (even though they had to move 8' rounds from the back of the venue to the reception area in record time).

I cannot stress enough how good Events by Classic is - you will not regret hiring them. They took all of the stress out of the biggest parts of planning a wedding, and they are a highly talented, hard-working team. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/22/2016

Sue was very organized and her team was a dream to work with. Our wedding day at MMA-La Mirada went off without a hitch, and the food was amazing. The ginger beef skewers and shrimp ceviche were my very favorite! Sue was always very prompt with her correspondence, and handled all the details of set up, break down & rentals. We also received a follow up Thank You note from Sue in the mail, which I think is very classy. Thanks again Sue!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Classic Catering's reply:

We are delighted to hear you were pleased with our catering and services for such an important day as your wedding! It’s was our pleasure and we wish you all the best in your future together!
  • User3620903 · 2+ years ago

We hired Classic Catering for our Big Sur wedding, and they also handled our rentals for us. The food and service on the day-of was absolutely *phenomenal*. Seriously. We're still getting rave reviews from our guests -- my dad said it was the best Butternut Squash Ravioli he'd EVER had. They listened to our request for an all-vegetarian wedding and also accommodated any vegan and gluten-free dietary needs as well. This was very important to us, so it was great to have a caterer who could easily accommodate and understand those requests -- and also provide spectacular food!

All the staff worked SO hard on the day for setup and tear-down, everyone was very friendly and professional, and we really felt spoiled to have found such an awesome team for our wedding day. I will say we did have just a couple issues with unresponsiveness to emails a few months before the wedding, BUT I understand that they are very busy for a reason -- and they absolutely made everything come together in the end. Definitely highly recommend!

Sent on 10/17/2014
  • W

Wendi · Married on 03/15/2013

Even after a change of contact person, from start to finish, this was a flawless arrangement. The choices for dinner were good and the server we had for the wedding reception (Patricia) was AMAZING! She was very helpful, both with her own responsibilities as well as extras like cutting the cake and helping to clean up. The food was excellent, and although a bit expensive, the whole process was well worth the money!

Sent on 03/19/2013

Thomas · Married on 08/04/2012

The food tasted great and they have a very extensive menu selection.

Sent on 09/22/2012

4.2
      3.0

They set up the chairs for my beach wedding in Monterey. They were right on time and very communicative throughout the entire process. The one drawback I have to them is that they completely forgot about a scheduled meeting I had with them after my fiance and I drove three hours to meet with them. They seriously just blew us off. They also didn't contact my dad when he demanded to get a discount on account of their unprofessionalism.

Sent on 08/15/2014

3.8
      3.5

The food was amazing; ceviche and halibut come highly recommended but was a bit pricey. I wasn't able to find out a price per item in order to help control costs. Service was a bit slow, which caused my dinner to run too long. They were late to the venue so set up was difficult and everything was delayed...got less dancing because of it but everyone really enjoyed the food.

Sent on 10/05/2016