Claeys Catering Inc. Reviews

43 | North Plains, OR

43 Reviews for Claeys Catering Inc.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 11/16/2019

Great Company!

My family has been using Claey's for years for company parties to family events so for me it wasn't even a question who we would use on our wedding day. My husband really wanted a German themed dinner for our wedding and Claey's was all on board. The food was perfect and everyone loved it.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Lindsay · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful!

AMAZING! I cannot say enough great things about Claeys Catering. You will not be disappointed, hire them for ANY catering event. They have done several events for us and most recently our wedding. Everyone is still talking about our food! They are the most kind people to work with, very organized, excellent communication from start to finish. But most importantly- the food... everything they do is just FABULOUS. From salads to desserts, everything I’ve tasted is amazing. They are an extremely talented group of people. Don’t hesitate to use them, they do not disappoint. Overall, an excellent company all around!

Sent on 10/02/2019

haleigh · Married on 08/10/2018

Honestly I cant say enough good things about Claey's; if I could give more than 5 stars for quality of service I would, they deserve at least 10. Jim and Nathan are wonderful (I'm sure everyone else is too but I only had direct contact with them) and really really go out of the way to work with you and aid if needed - my parents were originally going to pickup the catering and bring it with them but the containers were larger than expected and wouldn't fit both on top of my parents Escape, so Jim (I was having my makeup done when they arrived so I'm 90% sure is was Jim) followed them up to the location in a truck to make sure the food got there on time (my parents however would not tell me if there was an additional cost to this). The food itself was a hit, so convenient and delish and plated beautifully, I got little picnic tents to keep the bugs out and they didn't bat an eye at me asking for specific plates sizes. Definitely coming to them for catering in the future - though next time I'll make sure a truck is taken to transport anything :), thank you Claeys for helping my wedding run so smoothly!!!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Allie · Married on 08/04/2018

We had our wedding catered by Claeys and they were PHENOMENAL. Nathan was so communicative and accommodating throughout the whole planning process, and brought us in for a full dinner menu tasting. It was so refreshing to work with a family owned and operated business, and this family is particularly pleasant. Additionally, the food was SO delicious and we received countless compliments from guests. If you're looking for a professional, personable, and high-quality caterer, Claeys is the way to go!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Danielle Gomez · Married on 06/15/2018

Exceptional!

I would hire Claeys Catering any day for any event without hesitation. Nathan and Jim were so easy to work with and the catering was the biggest hit at our wedding. Multiple guests that attended told me that it was THE BEST food that they had ever had at a wedding. They were so accommodating and paid great attention to all of the details that I had given them prior to our big day. Choosing Claeys was one of the easiest and for sure one of the best decisions we made in regards to our wedding. I would highly recommend them for any event! They are the caterers that really cater to you and your specific requests.

Sent on 06/26/2019

Kayla · Married on 11/18/2017

We used Claey's are our caterer for our wedding on 11/18/17 at the World Forestry Center (they are one of their approved caterers). They provided food for approximately 140 people. They are, hand's down, absolutely amazing. Nathan was our contact, and he is extremely prompt, professional, and knowledgeable. He answered every question I had (and I had a lot!), and was very calm and reassuring. Nathan worked with us to create our whole menu, and offered suggestions or ideas when asked. He thought of every single detail, far more than I had considered. We were able to do a full tasting of the menu ahead of time and make changes as needed. They provided all the linens, dishes, glasses, and staff for the entire evening, and Nathan was able to make suggestions to save money as well (i.e. when to use real glass vs plastic). He is also very knowledgeable about timing and different logistical aspects of planning, and provided a lot of good advice and ideas.

The food was incredible, and we got so many compliments. We did a buffet, and the table was always full and displayed beautifully. The staff showed up on time and worked incredibly hard, were super friendly and professional, and made the room perfect. They flipped the room after the ceremony to prep for dinner and it looked exactly as I imagined. There was SO MUCH FOOD. We were allowed to take the leftovers home, and there was an incredible amount of food. The price for what we got and the level of quality was, in my opinion, extremely fair.

I would recommend Claey's to absolutely anyone who needs a caterer. I hope to use them again in the future! There is not a single negative thing I can say!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Tiffany · Married on 07/15/2017

Claey's Catering is AMAZING. The food is wonderful. The staff are super friendly. We planned our wedding in Oregon from out-of-state, and they made the catering side of wedding planning easy. They also offered tasty vegan and gluten-free options, so that all of our guests could eat a full meal. We have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Kalina · Married on 10/14/2016

We got married in my small hometown, it is so small we don't even have a grocery store. We do however have a wonderful caterer. I knew I wanted to support local by using Claey's for our wedding, the day that we got engaged. They were number one on our list to meet with. I had been to a wedding that they catered and knew that the food was great. Nathan Claey was so easy to work with, it was easy to make changes to our menu and to make accommodations for dietary restrictions. We also got married in the craziest storm of the year and the Claey's team showed up and still made our day great! It was so muddy and rainy. I remember seeing the staff dripping wet and moving food from our barn to the tent with nothing but a smile on their faces. We couldn't have been more grateful for them being there! They even packed up all the leftover food and put it in my mom's spare fridge when the wedding was over. It was amazing to eat the next day. I would highly recommend Claey's Catering to anyone getting married in the Portland, Oregon area.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Cody · Married on 08/06/2016

Absolutely fantastic catering company. Going through all the motions of hiring vendors for our wedding was stressful, but Claeys stood out like a shinning pearl of exemplary professionalism. I've never dealt with a more prompt, courteous, and attentive group of people than these guys. All our guests were blown away by the food. Cynthia and her crew really impressed us. And Nathan Claeys treated us with the respect of paying customers that you'd literally have to get into a time machine to experience anywhere else. HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Christina · Married on 07/23/2016

Working with Nathan at Claey's Catering was super easy and stress-free. He helped my husband and I put together an awesome food spread for our wedding. He really helped us out with making sure that we had a fun and creative meal for our guests while also staying within our budget. We ordered passed hors d'oeuvres for the social hour and then food stations for the main course. We basically scratched our initial menu and created a whole new one, and they were very patient with us. I basically presented them with a menu that I wanted for my main stations and they figured out how to make the items (the food items I requested were not initially on their presented catering list). They did an excellent job meeting our requests; surpassed it even. It's a family business and there is definitely that feel and attention. We'd definitely recommend them. They are very thoughtful and accommodating.

Sent on 02/16/2017

Claeys Catering was super to work with. Everything went perfectly from the moment we started emailing up to the wedding day. They are very easy to communicate with and when we went for our tasting it was awesome! We knew right away they were the one we wanted. The menu that they created for us was perfect. On the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly! The passed appetizers were a huge hit! We received a lot of compliments on how friendly and awesome the bartender was. We also received a ton of feedback on how delicious the food was.. All of the staff working so hard at the wedding were totally professional, very helpful and always had a smile on their faces. Over all it was a huge success and Claeys was a great contribution to our big day. We also loved how it is a family business and you can tell they take great pride in providing excellent service. Thank you so much! We would highly recommend Claeys Catering!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Claeys was pretty much the perfect vendor to work with. The food was delicious, there was plenty of it, and our guests were happy, but beyond that they were probably the most helpful planning resource we had -- they gave guidance and opinions on everything we asked for, never left us waiting for a response, and helped us make sure the event ran smoothly and according to schedule. Their bartenders and serving staff were delightful, and the set up folks were great. We needed to reach out to them late at night the day before our wedding for a last minute request and they got back to us right away. They were wonderful and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Laura · Married on 07/11/2015

Working with Claey's was an exceptional process from the first contact through final execution. They were the list of preferred caterers for our venue, and after reaching out to a few, Claey's was the only to build our personalized menu from the start, rather than a package already built by other companies.

All communication was responded to very quickly, and Nathan was such a great contact. They facilitated all of our rental needs, which made the whole process so smooth.

The food at our wedding was absolutely amazing, and the chef and full staff stayed til the end, and were wonderful throughout.

Sent on 07/20/2015

I met Nathan for the tasting and he was very friendly! The food was delicious and he received the suggestions we made very well and had no problem changing things and even making a special appetizer they had never done before - which turned out amazingly well! They let us provide our own alcohol which was great for our open bar.

The food arrived at the wedding and it was absolutely delicious!! All our guests were raving and many went back for seconds and thirds. Claeys did a great job providing just the right amount of food and we had enough leftovers for the next couple of days.

THE STAFF: I had so much fun at our wedding and I know it was because I didn't need to worry about a thing! Claeys staff didn't everything we needed to be done from setup to cleanup and the work in between. The bar staff they provided was very friendly and made the experience all the more enjoyable. They performed a room change between our ceremony and reception while our guests mingled just outside the room and they did it so stealthily that I didn't even know about it even though the door to the main hall was open.

Lastly, they cleaned up like machines! They worked so efficiently that we were done cleanup within an hour of the guests leaving the party and they did it with all smiles. I didn't see a single staff member who didn't have a smile when someone looked at them.

Absolutely wonderful! Thank you for allowing me not to have any worry on the best day of my life!

Sent on 10/27/2013
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/12/2013

Wonderful experience having Claey's cater our wedding. Nathan was amazing to work with! They made a menu based on our preferences and the food was amazing, we have had endless compliments from our guest that we had the best wedding food at any wedding they had attended. And the price was incredibly reasonable, better than any other caterer we priced in town. You will not be sorry if you go with Claey's.

Sent on 11/02/2013

They went out of their way to make sure our day was beautiful. All guests were treated with terrific food and very friendly waiters. The food was terrific. Only caterers that we had contacted willing to make PBJ sandwiches for our younger guest. They went out of their way to make sure that any special dietary issues were taken care of as well.

Sent on 08/28/2013

I highly recommend Claey's Catering. We used them for a Welcome Party for 110 people the night before our son's wedding. We made the plans by phone from another state, and they were the only caterers we found that would work with our budget and our vision. The food and service were fabulous, and guests present commented on how great the food was. I would say that we have very high standards for food, and they met them.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Claeys Catering did an excellent job at our daughter's wedding. Nathan was so easy to work with, put me at ease, answered all my questions promptly and found solutions. They handled arranging for tent and table rentals and set-up which was a huge help. Jim is an excellent chef! I heard comments like "..best food I ever had at any wedding!" I was so impressed and would highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Kelli · Married on 06/29/2013

I have never heard more compliments about wedding food than I did with Claeys. DELICIOUS!
    They were great working with us, from specific directions for serving booze and dessert, to helping us create a menu that matched our venue (peach and hazelnuts in the salad, on our peach/hazelnut farm setting YUM!)
    They were very professional and they worked with Party Pro's to order all of our rental materials so we didn't have to. It also gave us more time with set up because of the relationship they have. Couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Martha · Married on 06/08/2013

We were 100% delighted with every aspect of Claeys Catering, as we knew we would be. We have enjoyed their food on many occasions over many years. Nathan was a very knowledgeable, helpful, patient and easy-to-work with liaison. He was always prompt with responses to our questions. The wait staff was professional, courteous, and amazingly efficient. Our daughter's wedding was a wonderful event, in large part due to the delicious food and professionalism of Jim and Nathan Claeys and their staff. I can't recommend Claeys Catering strongly enough.
    Martha McKinnon

Sent on 07/19/2013

Monica · Married on 10/06/2012

My entire family has used Claeys Catering! They are wonderful! Delicious food and very professional!! Nathan made setting up the reception a breeze!!! Thanks again Claeys Catering!!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2012

Claeys Catering did a wonderful job for our wedding. They are reasonably priced (far more reasonable than many of the other vendors we checked out) and the food is delicious. They were extremely flexible concerning the menu we wanted to create (Asian/NW influence with yakisoba, teriyaki chicken and cedar plank salmon) and the additional help we needed with the venue. The venue we selected did not have an on-site coordinator for the day of the wedding, so Claeys stepped in and helped us with everything from setting up to opening the doors for my entrance into the ceremony. They also gave us an enormous basket of yummy food, cake and a bottle of champagne and sparkling cider for the hotel. If not for this I really wouldn't have been able to appreciate the amazing food they prepared-I barely ate anything that day and I was starving by the end of the night. I really can't say enough to recommend them. Every person on their staff was friendly, helpful, and made it their business to have our day go smoothly.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Ross and Myra · Married on 08/11/2012

I would recommend Claeys Catering to anyone looking for food service regardless of the event. It's family owned, and Jim and Nathan are two of the easiest people I've ever worked with. The prices are good, the service is excellent, and the food is amazing!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Claey's was amazing. Don't be put off by their modest headquarters in North Plains- they make delicious food and are very classy, helpful, and professional. We got married at the World Forestry Center in Portland and they were very familiar with the venue and helped us with our table layout, even dealing with our picky demands about turning the room over. All our guests loved the food (we had the chicken, hazelnut salad, and mushroom risotto-yum!) and remarked that the staff was really nice and helpful. They even took the initiative to use a few of our extra decorations to make a little display in front of our head table which would have looked really boring without it. They were really easy to work with and a great value!

Sent on 04/21/2013

K. · Married on 07/22/2012

We "found" Claeys Catering via the reception hall where the reception was going to be held. They were one of the few "approved" caterers for that venue.

We used Claeys Catering for both the rehearsal dinner (70 guests) and the wedding (250 guests). The professionalism, quality of service, variety of food for an incredible value totally exceeded our expectations. The guests' response to the food at both events was overwhelmingly positive.

We would use them again without question!

Sent on 07/25/2012